My husband and I took our two children 1...

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2007

"My husband and I took our two children 13 and 8 here for 1 week all inclusive.

We had serious withdrawal symptoms on our return. AB FAB holiday. The weather was great. The entertainment staff were great - Barbara certainly had her work cut out putting up with my husbands banter!

We met some great people. Location was not ideal for us although it did not take much time to get on a bus. Coral Bay was a must for the beach... Would definitely return again.

• Travel date: Thu 11th of October 2007

Just returned from Eleni - my views are...

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2007

"Just returned from Eleni - my views are as follows:-

Evening meals well recommended.
Apartment very basic - but cleaners were there on a regular basis changing beds and towels.
Ideal for people with young children up to age of 12 - older children would be bored.
Staff were friendly.

Our dislikes on the Eleni:-

Not suitable for people of middle age.
Too noisy i.e. entertainment going on while 1am and more importantly too loud.
Location - very little around.
Not suitable for people with walking difficulties.

Would not class this hotel as a 4* it is more 3*."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

I came home yesterday from Eleni Village...

Reviewed Thu 4th of October 2007

"I came home yesterday from Eleni Village and to be honest I nearly cried. The hotel was absolutely amazing and had something to do for everyone.

My favorite part of the holiday was that all of the staff were very kind and caring. Barbara and Mohammad are the most fantastic people I have ever come across in my whole life. Barbara is very chatty and easy-going. I didn't really speak to Mohammad that often but when I did he was lovely.

I can't think of one bad thing about this holiday. Food was lovely and although some of the food in the restaurant on a night didn't satisfy me much, the 'Hector Pool Bar' had a good choice of food to chose from at any time of the day. I have to mention that George, the Hector Pool Barman was very friendly and good with the kids. You will never meet a more friendly and loving person than Anna, one of the waitresses who always talked to us when we were in the bar. She loved to talk to the kids and cuddle them which I admire of her.

I would LOVE to go back to Eleni, it would be my first choice if I had to pick a holiday for next year. I really, really hope that I get to go again and I can't thank everyone enough for making our Holiday the best I’ve ever had.

I would recommend this holiday to anyone, especially if you have children. Thank you so much x

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

Just arrived home after a 1 week’s hol...

Reviewed Thu 4th of October 2007

"Just arrived home after a 1 week’s holiday at Eleni village I didn’t want to come home.

The rooms were great entertainment fantastic and food lovely. The complex was lovely and clean and the whole family enjoyed it. There was 14 of us all together 4 were young children who loved the holiday as well.

The pool was great with a smaller pool for the young children. Fantastic views of the sea and only a short taxi drive into Paphos if you wanted to do a bit of sopping but the complex is that great you don’t need to go anywhere else.

The entertainment was great at night and throughout the day Muhammed and Babs work really hard to ensure you have a good holiday. Bar snacks during the day were fantastic plenty of choice for adults and children.

Plenty of choice with first choice to go on excursions I would suggest everyone visits the water park it’s a fantastic day out for all ages. I would most definitely go here again and would highly recommend it to everyone I know.

Muhammed and Babs are huge assets to this complex and their hard work ensured our holiday was well worth it!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

What can I say about the Eleni. It is tr...

Reviewed Mon 1st of October 2007

"What can I say about the Eleni. It is true that Mohammed and Barbara did make the holiday and they will need someone very good to replace her next season as I think Mohammed will stay.

If your going in September take loads of money especially if your young because the night entertainment is not that great and gets boring and you will need to go to Paphos to get some entertainment.

The weather was excellent 30 degrees and they said it was not normally like that. The breakfast was nothing special all the normal stuff; English breakfast, fruit and cereal, and the eggs were awful I don’t think they where cooked in oil more like salt. Dinner time was the best because it was made fresh and it came nice and hot. Tea time was the same every night it was not that nice and being all inclusive did get on your nerves. The descriptions of the food did not taste like it said.

Don’t go all inclusive because everything that was free was watered down it was good getting home and having a decent pint. I also drink brandy and there I could have drunk 3 bottles and been sober I think it was brandy flavoring.

All in all the staff were great we had a laugh with them but they were very tired and you can tell because some time they got snappy. They did serve you as soon has they could though. I would go back but not in September it was too quiet and not a lot of young people.

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

My husband and I went to Eleni in Octobe...

Reviewed Wed 29th of August 2007

"My husband and I went to Eleni in October for two weeks and took our wedding party with us who were at our wedding in 1996. We had a great time nothing has changed. The Eleni is my favourite place of stay. We always stay at the Eleni and always will.

We have booked again for 2007 October and we can’t wait. Any one who is going to the Eleni, we have been 4 times up to now and we cannot fault it, its away from town but that’s ok because if you feel like it and want to let your hair down and head into town in a taxi for around 5 Cypriot pounds.

It’s good to be away from the town so you do not hear shouting and yelling all night long. The whole experience we have had is brilliant and would not have it any other way.
By the way folks we do not have children at home now only a granddaughter but we still go to the Eleni, you do not have to have kids to stay in a holiday village, I give Eleni 10/10.
Enjoy your holiday.

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Just returned from 2 great weeks at Elen...

Reviewed Tue 28th of August 2007

"Just returned from 2 great weeks at Eleni Village. Was last minute booking so not sure quite what to expect, but totally exceeded expectations!!

Mohammed & Barbara (on site entertainment) were excellent and I can honestly say that they made our holiday (I went with a friend and her 2 sons of 11 and 13).

From the first day, they made us feel like part of the Eleni family - the water polo (a bit feisty when England v Greece!), Killer Darts, Killer Pool, bingo (Mohammed is our number une!) silly dances, fire show (excellent) karaoke (not so excellent on my part!).
They say that the people you meet on holiday are what make it and I can honestly say that was true about this holiday.

The weather was absolutely scorching (should expect that in August I guess) but we got used to it after a couple of days of sitting in the pool to cool off!

Would definitely recommend this resort to others, especially those with children and we are hoping to go back again next year!

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

We booked this holiday at short notice,...

Reviewed Tue 21st of August 2007

"We booked this holiday at short notice, and we really enjoyed our week in the Eleni. Mohammed was an excellent entertainer and he pulled out all the stops to make our time enjoyable.

The only problem was the location. The Eleni is in the village of Chlorakas, which is about 4 miles from Paphos. If you want to really enjoy the area, hire a car. I can tell you this; I spent 2 weeks in Salou in Aug 07 and would never go back (a 4 star hotel!).

Give me Cyprus any day, this is my third time there, and I would go every year, except the 5hr 20 min flight is too much for my young children.

If you are there, you must try Chloe's Restaurant (in Paphos), and Andreas' Restaurant (in Coral Beach).

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Just returned from 2 week S/C in the Ele...

Reviewed Sat 18th of August 2007

"Just returned from 2 week S/C in the Eleni. 14 days of blistering heat! Studio room was quite spacious & clean, bedding changed every other day which you don't get in many other places!

The highlight was the entertainment - Mohamed & Barbara are both great fun, the kids loved them. Day time sports highlight was water polo, although Greece Vs UK was feisty and nearly became WW3! Fire show was spectacular.

Other evening’s entertainment disappointing. Bar staff cheerful but overworked.

Pool good size, with separate small pool for volleyball. Grassy area to front of Pool Bar had great views over the Med.

Don’t expect luxury, but overall 9/10 is well deserved as it is the people that it make this holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

We have just got back from holiday it wa...

Good
Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2007

"We have just got back from holiday it wasn’t a bad holiday but glad to be home. 14 nights was too long at the complex

Anywhere you wanted to go was a bus or taxi ride away 5/10 hire a car you’ll need it.

The historical part of paphos was good, around the harbour, and the old town, and the market, not forgetting coral bay the beach nice but to hot to walk on at 37c.
paphos tour guide 8/10

The entertainment was brilliant Barbara and Mohammed worked hard to make sure everyone had a good holiday whether its water polo, killer darts , pool, dancing on the evening, bingo ,it kept adults and kids with a smile on there face all day every day .
Entertainment 9/10

The accommodation was good and spacious but do be prepared for a few visitors (ants that is) went to reception they soon had it sorted.
Accommodation 7/10

The food, well breakfast was good.
Best food served was at the hectors bar (bar near the pool) which George the bar man was good with every one especially the kids 9 /10 for the food served there.
Lunch and evening meals in the restaurant was a bit poor a lot to improve to make the holiday good.
soft drinks was also watered down 5/10

We went to the fasouri water park which was good , the one in Ayia Napa is a lot bigger but can still keep the kids all ages happy all day.

Kids club was good they took my son who is 10 years old and with special needs in even though the kid club only goes up to 8 years old they was brilliant with him special thank you all three of them.

Great holiday for families with kids up to 10 years old, any older kids just got bored easily.
Overall wouldn’t go back to the hotel but had a good time as my children are 10 - 11- 13 nothing much for them to do except play in the pool.

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Very good quality and choice of foods, F...

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2007

"Very good quality and choice of foods, First Choice reps was Laura and Grayham absolutely wonderful the best ever reps, the apartments was spotless very very clean and the same with the pool and restaurant areas.

I am a very fussy person and hard to please but found this a very good resort and place to stay.

The hotel staff were helpful and friendly and always on hand to help. Entertainment was good and there was nearly always something going on for the children.

The catering also catered for all nations, we also went on 3 prebooked excursions through first choice which was, Jeep safari to Larna bay, Limassol water park and the undersea walking to feed the fish, all three were really good.

What more can I say, clean, good food, helpful and I believe it should be a four star not three, I have also recommended some of my friends to go and they are as we speak sorting out to book.

By the way should you have a late flight the hotel offers a late checkout service for a small fee, but very worthwhile and gives you an extra day by the pool."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

We have just got back from our holiday a...

Reviewed Sat 11th of August 2007

"We have just got back from our holiday and it was great. I really didn't want to come home. We stayed for a week but I would have liked to stay for 10 days as that would have been just right.

The food was good and they had a variety every night and the lunch was good as well. I can't really comment on the breakfast as I only had it once but it looked like everyone else enjoyed it and was pleased with it. The waitresses were very quick to take your plate away and direct you to your seat which was good.

The entertainment was absolutely brilliant, I couldn't have asked for more! One of the entertainers, Barbera (That’s how it's spelt on a paper I have I’m sure) was bubbly, funny and always put a smile on my face and everyone else’s!
She worked hard as she did activities thought the day, every day(which I did but any age can take part) and the evening entertainment and one night she did it from 9:00pm till 12:00!
She always had a smile on her face and was enthusiastic. She is kind and she's the best! Manager please if your reading this Barbera is the best thing you've got and I really want to go back there next year and I definitely want Barbera to be there!

The other entertainer Mohamed was really good as he did bingo most nights and fire breathing, standing on glass and some activities in the day. Barbera even said goodbye to me and my family when we left at midnight and was still making me laugh then!

Nearby there is a mini supermarket and some shops but we knew that it wasn't that near the centre when we booked it. We did hire a car though for 3 days so we could go anywhere.

We did have a problem with our tap but as soon as we told reception the next day it was fixed!

I am looking forward to going there next year because I miss the entertainers and the place really badly already!!!!!!! I would recommend it for everyone.

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2007