Coral Beach Hotel & Resort

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

"A great experience"

Reviewed Thu 15th of August 2013

"I stayed in this resort for 4 days with friends. The rooms are very comfortable and clean The staff is very friendly, helpful and always willing to explain as well. Also there are many entertaining facilities, where we enjoyed a lot. Overall, it was a great experience, will visit again. "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of August 2013

Nice but lacking a bit character

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"The hotel is very well presented and I had a lovely view of the sunset over the sea from my balcony at night.
I found the hotel lacking in what the Germans would "gemütlichkeit"roughly meaning a kind of cosy, nice place or people. The hotel clientele seemed to be predominantly Cypriot who were polite but aloof. I also felt that some of the reception staff tended to pay more attention to the concerns of the locals than other nationalities.
Pleasant surroundings and clean, comfortable rooms and beds but quite pricey in bars. Spa and pools were pleasant.
The favourite part of my holiday was actually a day trip to see the Pyramids in Egypt. Well worth the cost which included flights, Nile cruise, entry to Egyptian museam, Mohammad Ali Mosque, Sphinx and Pyramids and lunch in a five star hotel overlooking Great Pyramids.
Beware of traffic and scroungers in Cairo though.
It is a nice hotel but I wouldn't go back.
Ideal if you want a very quiet or romantic holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2012

coral bay hotel

Reviewed Thu 18th of June 2009

"this resort is one of the best places i have stayed, we were looking for a quite relaxing holiday and that is what we got, if you are looking for busy nightlife forget it. The entertainment that was provided was poor quality, this may have been because of the amount of holidaymakers in the hotel 300 compared to 750 last year. the food was excellent and the service was first class. my real let down was the accomodation very very tired and more 3 star then 5.we paid extra for superior room and were very disappointed, no walk in shower , towels clean but worn, furnishings well worn, i spoke to a first choice rep in england as ours had not come to resort with us and she had us upgraded to a suite for no extra fee, if the hotel had been full this may not have happened, this is a lovely resort and i strongley recommend it to people wanting a chill out experience however the rooms may let you down. They did tell us they are closing hotel in november for makeover in some rooms so ask for those and you will have a great holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks, d...

Reviewed Thu 28th of August 2008

"We stayed at this hotel for two weeks, during which time we got married there. The facilities and grounds are fantastic, as is the quality of the hotel. Highly recommended. The only minus point (for some people) is that the hotel is in a quiet area and is about 15min walk to the small Coral Bay strip of bars and restaurants. This is family based entertainment. Paphos is about a 15 min drive and would cater for a more lively night out.

Overall this hotel is definitely deserving of its 5 star status. We spoke to lots of guests who had returned for the past 5 - 10 years. "

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2008

My family and I spent a week here recent...

Reviewed Fri 15th of June 2007

"My family and I spent a week here recently and found it to be an excellent hotel.

I, my husband, and our two children (aged 4 and 7) booked directly through the hotel and stayed in a Garden Suite. The room was superb, very bright, and clean and had all the facilities which we required and more.

We spent most days relaxing by the large swimming pool where we able to order drinks and snacks from the poolside bar. The pool was excellent for both adults and children alike and the views to the sea were spectacular.

We found all of the staff in the hotel to be very accommodating and polite and there was even a children’s club which offered entertainment throughout the day.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, but chose to eat in the hotel on most evenings. In the main restaurant, there was a wide selection to choose from and it was simply delicious. We very much enjoyed the different theme nights in the restaurant, in particular the Greek and Oriental.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing get away. The whole experience was truly refreshing."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2007

I would never return to Coral Beach Reso...

Reviewed Thu 20th of July 2006

"I would never return to Coral Beach Resort in Paphos!

The receptionist was impolite and unhelpful. Very unfortunate manner!

The hotel was over-run with conference guests, many of whom were offensive, intimidating, drunk, juvenile and noisy. There were conferences running throughout our 10 day stay. Primarily hairdressers.

Even though we had booked into the Executive Wing and the marketing material promised 'absolute relaxation', I think that I can honestly say it was one of the very worst holidays of my life. Far from relaxing. It was what I imagine an 18-30 Holiday Camp would be like!

The Manager was disinterested in my feedback, and stated that it is a very large hotel and the only way they can run the business is to have these conventions. He was clearly more interested in the business guests as opposed to the holiday guests!

Only Good Point, the Trainee Guest relations lady, Monika, was professional and polite in attempting to rectify issues with the hotel and her colleagues."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of July 2006

Great location and facilities but more of a 4 star than 5 star

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"I have just returned from a week at the Coral Beach Hotel & Resort and I have to say that overall I was very pleased. I would suggest that this is more of a 4 star than a 5 star with some of the bedroom decor a little tired. We'd booked a mountain view room and were shown to a room on the ground floor, which was dark due to all the trees growing outside our window. Our request for an alternative room was met positively and our upper level room with a view of Coral Bay was much better. Our room was cleaned every day to a high standard.

The hotel reception and service is excellent with staff going the extra mile. The pool area with a view over the sea is ideal with plenty of sunbeds and beach towels on offer. I was however a little disappointed to find the pool area open to non-residents. You're almost better off booking cheaper accommodation and utilising Coral Beach Hotel's facilities!

The food is good with a wide selection of choice. However, we chose to eat out at either Paphos or taking the short walk into the Coral Bay commericial centre. Having ventured into Paphos, I'm glad we stayed in Coral Bay which is altogether quieter with a more than adequate selection of restaurants, bars and shops."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Coral Bay

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"This hotel is graded on the UK system and based on that it is 4* rather than 5*. Having said that it is a good 4*. We stayed in a studio suite. It was clean and smart with bathrobes etc. The maid service was OK but there were none of the real 5* touches which we do enjoy and having to pay a pound for a bucket of ice each evening was annoying - the principle rather than the cash!
We found the public areas of the hotel smart and well kept and the attitude of the staff (with the exception of one or two at the pool bar who clearly regarded you as a nuisance if you wanted to sit there) helpful and friendly. We had dinner at the hotel twice and both times were satisfied but the restaurants at Coral Bay are really excellent and you can walk there in twenty minutes or pay 80p on the bus (there is a number 10 or 15 along every ten minutes or so) or £4 in a taxi. It is also 80p on the bus into Paphos and the cheapest taxi ride was £8.
We took a taxi to and from the airport because it is a long ride in a bus. On the way home the driver drove through Paphos doing 70/100kph in a 30kph area. Be warned!
George Zacharia the concierge is, as mentioned by a previous reviewer, a great guy. His son is a trainee first officer with Astreaus.
Go by all means; it is a lovely situation but do not expect a 5*."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

Very relaxing environment

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Stayed here for one week on half board basis with our two daughters aged 10 and 13. We were expecting a 5 star quality hotel but unfortunately did not getthat - what we did get was more comparable to 4 star quality. Our room which was a studio with sea views ( the views were spectacular) the room was as others have said very tiered and in need of refurbishment - there were no 5 star luxury items or complimentaies - very disppointing. The bathroom was basis yet functional and worst of all the beds wer like sleeping on rocks very very uncomfortalbe.

That said we had a lovely week, the food was excellent, the pool and surrounding areas waslovely, the views from the coral restaurant were worth every penny. The beasch and sea looked fab but the sand was disappointing as it was gritty and coarse and the sea was cold and a bit rough.

There is very little to do for kids in the evening if your children need entertaining they will not find it here which is a shame because this could be a reaslly super place to have a family holiday.

I would recommend this place."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Very good food

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"The rooms are a little tired. The rooms are being refurbishment in phases so maybe try to get a refurbished room.
The first room we were given was a side sea view. Several things were in need of repair so we asked to be moved. There was no question and we were upgraded to a sea view room with everything working.
All the staff we had dealings with had a good 'can do' attitude. Staff seemed to have plenty of time and all was very relaxed - not one of these manic hotel.
Dinner was very civilised sitting outside looking out to the sea and watching the setting sun. There were plenty of spare seats and you could chose where you wanted to go - none of this rigid seat allocation nonsense. We are pretty choosy about our food but would say it was difficult to fault. Good choice, good quality,well cooked, well presented and good service.
The pool was fine and always plenty of spare comfortable sun beds either around the pool, or on the grass gardens or on the beach. There is the choice of all three. Towels were easily collected at any time, no coupon system or whatever just all on relaxed trust.
There are four fine tennis courts which are free if you take your own rackets like we do. Play early or late unless you want to die of heat exhaustion.
Things not so good included the breakfast orange juice which was sweet and sickly, and having to ring room service every time one wanted ice for the ice bucket and having to pay a pound each time.
Should it be 5 star? well on the present unrefurbished room quality it should not, however, we suspect that the reburbished rooms are much better, we met a couple who were in one and they were very impressed. The rest of the hotel is really not at all bad and certainly we enjoyed our stay very much.
Finally we would say that the hotel was probably less that half full during our stay so this may well have helped a lot with the relatively quiet and relaxed feel that the hotel had."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of June 2006

5* - I don't think so!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Just returned from a one week stay at the hotel. The best word I can use to describe our stay is 'alright'. We were disappointed as having previously stayed at the St George Gardens and loved it so we were really looking forward to 5* star luxury at the Coral Beach.

Arrived after midnight and the reception was staffed by a night porter so it was not a very warm welcome -no info provided about the hotel etc.

Our room was mountain facing and was adequate.

What did we find strange?
On arrival, we could not use the balcony as it was covered with an overgrown climbling shrub with thorns which meant we could not sit in the chairs provided although upon returning the following evening we found that this had been cut back and were able to sit out.
No water on arrival - for a 5* I would have expected a bottle of water to have been left in our room which we have received at other 4* hotels.
Only 1 plug socket - had to unplug the TV to use hair straighteners which was unusual.
Take your hairdryer - hairdryer was on the wall in the bathroom and I had to hold it with a towel or the heat burnt my hand.
No outside light on the balcony.
No 5* touches - no bathrobes, no flowers etc.
Info on hotel in room was brief and stained.
We booked with Thomas Cook and were surprised that it took 1 and a half hours to transfer from Paphos airport as we were the last drop-off. Would suggest getting a taxi for anyone booking in the future.

What was good?
Air conditioning worked well.
Hotel was quiet at night - can't help but feel that my room felt like a travelodge though - had all the basics but none of the 'warmth'
Grounds were well maintained.
Sun loungers were comfortable and made of timber as opposed to the plastic type.
There were several swimming pools, indoor, outdoor and childrens.
Bathroom towels were changed at night so you had a clean set for the morning.

Food was OK. Perhaps more suited to continental tastes and limited in vegetarian options which was a shame as I had read previously that this hotel was good for vegetarians like myself. Would also point out that food and drink are expensive to purchase on site.

For info, we are a married couple in our early 30s with no children. I don't feel that this hotel is really suitable for children as it is lacking in facilities for them and is a good way from Coral Bay and a bus ride from Paphos.

I hope that you find this information useful."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006

Very Pleasantly Suprised..!!

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Coral Beach during the first two weeks of May. Although it was billed as a 5*, we weren't expecting too much bearing in mind that the grading was by Mediteranean standards and therefore didn't expect The Ritz Carlton.

However, we were both very pleasantly suprised by the standard of the hotel and certainly thought it was worth a 4* at worst by any standards and a 4*+ in some aspects. We found all the staff to be very very helpful, especially in the buffet restaurants and reception. Also, George the concierge is a real character and always ready to assist with anything.

I find it strange that others on this site are complaining about the place looking tired and in need of an overhaul. Maybe we were just lucky but I didn't get that impression as everyone we spoke to there were more than happy with the hotel. We had a sea-view room which was spotlessly clean and looked as thought it had recently been decorated. The reception, lobby and lounge areas were also very very tidy and tastefully decorated too.

Probably the most suprising aspect was the sandard of the food in not only the a-la-carte restaurants but also the buffet. I just don't think it could be faulted at all and there always seemed to be something for everyone. We stayed on a Half Board basis but more often than not chose to eat in the buffet at lunchtimes and go into one of Coral Bay's restaurants in the evening.

The grounds were generally well looked after and there was very little disruption when you consider that there are various renovations going on. The pool was immaculately clean if not a litlle chilly and there were always more than enough sunbeds and towells available. One very pleasing aspect was that I didn't once see anyone getting up to reserve sunbeds early in the morning.

Bearing in mind the value for money that this hotel offers and it's general standards, I would not hesitate to return or recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Hotels near Coral Beach Hotel & Resort

Top traveller tips for Coral Beach Hotel & Resort

• "charasmatic and charming "

• "stayed in resort as it was beautiful "

• toxylad by toxylad

"It's a bit out of the way so it may be worth hiring a car if you want to see a bit of Cyprus. "

Coral Beach Hotel & Resort is also called