Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel

• evening entertainment

1927

Terrible Thomas Cook

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"This hotel has potential to be amazing; unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to experience this! I have travelled to Paphos on many occasions and I was visiting this hotel on my own as an all-inclusive customer.
I was taken critically ill during my holiday and was shown a lack of customer care by the Thomas Cook rep "Paul" and the hotel staff, all whom failed to assist me when I became too ill to help myself.
The rep was elusive from day one; I did not receive any paperwork from him. Although there is a rep's board I had problems locating him.
After three days of being unwell at the Athena Beach I was able to locate the rep this time and as I could stand the pain no longer he requested reception to call a taxi to the medical centre.
Having arrived on my own I crawled up the hospital steps and almost immediately received lifesaving surgery. I was not contacted by Paul my rep for a week. By this point his visit was an insult. When my daughter flew out to pack my things from the hotel she was assisted by the customer relations at the hotel and they were unaware of my admission to the hospital. It is frightening that a lady by herself in an all-inclusive hotel was not missed.
Both the hotel and Thomas Cook rep showed no empathy and kindness and all correspondence from Thomas Cook have belittled the lack of support I received.
Due to the poor customer service by all concerned I would definitely not recommend.

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2013

Great hotel

Reviewed Wed 5th of September 2012

"We have just returned from our 3rd holiday here. We love the hotel and the staff are helpful. We were remembered on our return and were given an up graded room for free. We stay B&B which suits us but the breakfasts are good plenty to choose from. The sun beds are taken very early in Aug so if you are planning a day sunning yourself by the pool you really must join the sun bed savers..... not good but its just the way it has to be. A recommended stay "

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2012

Athena beach = paradise

Reviewed Mon 14th of May 2012

"I have recently returned from attending my elder brothers wedding at the Athena Beach hotel and am struggling to find a fault in what was a top class stay and event. My family (2 adults and 1 child) stayed full board and where not disappointed with the experience I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling or planning to travel to Paphos.

The reception staff are very friendly and always on hand to help with anything. The foyer and reception area is a beautiful and relaxing, views of the swimming pool and ocean are beautiful.

The bar is clean and always has a number of different entertainment options from singer to dancers to traditional entertainment. Drinks are reasonably priced and you can always take advantage of the happy hour.
The food selection

The rooms are immaculate and cleaned on a daily basis by friendly and hard work staff. You have some English channels on your tele, including Skysports and Sky movies to enable you to snuggle in with a film if your tired.

The pool areas are clean and open, plenty of space and plenty of sunbeds. You have a 2 main pools as well as 2 kids pool and a water slide. There is one indoor pool as well on the very very off chance the weather turns nasty.

The beach is a stones throw (literally) from the pool areas and has a private jetty set up to allow you to walk out to the ocean.

The restaurants are great, with a large selection of food. The selection is faultless there are theme nights as well as a salad bar, carvery, fresh vegetables and assortments of potatoes desert tray to die for including freshly made crepes, cakes and puddings. The breakfast selection is ridiculous freshly made omeletes, fresh fruit, fry ups, continental the works you wont be disappointed!!

The wedding day was beautiful the staff pulled out all the stops to ensure my brother and his new wife had a wonderful day.

There are also local shops and a supermarket internally.

Crazy golf or mini golf as they called it was a nice addition that we all enjoyed, as was the table tennis table and pool table and arcade.

Very child friendly, very clean, very recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2012

2011 holiday to Athena beach

Reviewed Tue 5th of July 2011

"My partner and I have recently returned from our holiday to Cyprus, Athena beach. And can honestly say we didn't want to come home after spending 2 relaxing weeks and the lovely resort.
We both thought the hotel was beautiful, very clean and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We found the location good, the hotel was situated opposite a few bars and restaurants, and you could walk 30 minutes to the harbour.. (however we were lazy and drove as we had hired a car for 1 week with Europe car which was a god send and very much recommended).

The food was nice, lots to choose from. However became bait "boring" after 2 weeks, but never the less it was always tasty.

We were both really impressed with our room service, in which we were provided clean beach and bath towels daily. Tea/coffee also provided.

Excellent swimming pool, really clean and reasonably warm. You need to be an early bird in order to get a sun bed as people tended to reserve their sun lounger extremely early.
We didn't use the beach as it was quite rocky, however it was well maintained. We found coral beach a good beach to use.. As no rocks! Just a short 20 minute drive away.

We both found the evening entertainment to be lacking, we are both in our mid twenties and of fen became quite bored and would wonder across the road of the hotel to a bar with singers/dancers which was generally more lively.

We would definitely recommend going to the Adonis baths, the wave dancer, and fat mammas restaurant in the evening. Thoroughly enjoyed these trips and nights out.

This hotel was beautiful with lovely staff, however we didn't find our Thomson rep particularly helpful and ended up finding out little trips out of our own.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2011

Welcome Break

Reviewed Thu 24th of March 2011

"On arrival we were greeted by very attentive staff, they all could'nt do enough. The hotel, including our room was spotlessly clean. The choice of food in the Restaurant was second to none, all the staff were very friendly, especially to our 3 year old grandson. The amenities at the hotel were excellent, the pools were maintained regularly. I'm trying to find a fault without success. Would I go to this hotel again?. Yes deffinately."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of March 2011

Superb

Reviewed Mon 13th of July 2009

"Came back from 2 weeks at the Athena Beach Hotel, and i didnt want to come home. This was my first time in Cyprus and i got to admit i wasnt looking forward to going but i soon changed my mind. Cyprus is a lovely island and found the locals very friendly and polite.

The hotel was superb, i couldnt find a fault with the hotel, the pools were clean and the area kept tidy, the beach was lovely and the food was excellent, the staff were very helpful and made my stay even more enjoyable.

Cant wait to return as the Athena Beach has my vote for sure, the other hotels that are part of the Constentinou Brothers are great too, you can pop over for an evening meal if you fancied a change. I loved the idea that if you didnt want your evening meal, you could opt to having a lunch instead, this made things easier as we took walks into the harbour which took about 30 mins if you take a slow walk and enjoy the sites on the way. We walked from the hotel to the harbour along the beach some nights.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting complete relaxation."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of July 2009

Simply perfect

Reviewed Mon 27th of April 2009

"The hotel staff were all extremely helpful, especially the ladies at the customer service desk. They would always have a cheerful word as you pass the desk and their knowledge added greatly to our holiday experience.

We had adjoining rooms and can't complain about anything. The pool and beach areas were very spacious and we could always find enough sun beds.

The breakfast was the best we have ever had in a hotel. We ate out at night and had some great meals locally. Being October the area was a lot less busy than the summer months, although the weather was perfect.

The only thing I would advise against is hiring a car without checking it thoroughly before paying - the middle seat belt in ours was not connected to anything.

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of April 2009

a great time had

Reviewed Wed 18th of February 2009

"Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year and had a great time. The hotel is really clean and modern, even if it is like a maze trying to find your room.

Pool is lovely, though when we were there it was too cold to go in it so we used the heated pool and jacuzzi.

Hotel staff were great, really friendly and spoke good english.

Hotel has its own beach, though its not up to much. Thankfully, we arent beach people anyway.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel, they had a varied selection and the food was yummy.

Across from the hotel are a few pubs/ restaurants where we would eat at night. I recommend the mexican and indian restaurant. delicious food and cheap.

Hotel isnt too close to the port or the centre but a taxi there is cheap and there are buses available too.

Entertainment is mainly suited for the older generation, being in our twenties we found it boring at times.

i dont have anything negative to say about the hotel, we had a fantastic time."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of February 2009

My husband and I visited the Athen Beach...

Reviewed Sun 28th of September 2008

"My husband and I visited the Athen Beach Hotel for the second time in September this year for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. We were married at the hotel on the beach in September 2007 it was beautiful and so we thought it would be nice to visit again. We were not dissapointed. Although the iood is nice at the hotel we enjoyed eating out alot more. There is a fantastic cafe opposite the hotel which which took shade at every day at lunchtime and indulged in a doughnut and a pint of Keo. Also opposite the hotel there are some really nice restaurants our favourite was the Indian. Just as we were going home a new Chinese restaurant was due to open. In our experience it is best to book B & B as the restauants in and around Kato paphos/PaAphos are too nice to miss. You must visit Chloes and Goumet Taverna in Paphos harbour the food is the best we have ever tasted. Both the staff at the hotel and the locals couldn't be friendlier. We found it best to book the holiday with a tour operator but to upgrade the room with the hotel by e-mail yourself. Also it is cheaper to book half board at the hotel instead of booking it with the tour operator. We will definitely be booking again for September 2009. If you plan to get married at the hotel you will not be dissapointed we would not change a thing if we were to get married again. Linda, the wedding coordinator at the hotel is wonderful she even remembered us from last year. It is worth every penny to get married outside the surroundings are breathtaking, our photos were amazing."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of September 2008

Where do I start!! Me and my new Husband...

Reviewed Thu 28th of August 2008

"Where do I start!! Me and my new Husband went to Cyprus for our Honeymoon this year and it was AMAZING!!!!
We couldn't have wished for a better hotel or location. On arrival we were shattered as we didn't get to the hotel until 2am but when we arrived at the hotel the staff were really friendly and full of congratulations for us being newly weds.
They had even put balloons and a poster on our door displaying "Congratulations on your Honeymoon" which was a lovely touch!
We had a seaview room which was comfortable and the views were beautiful! The room, bathroom and balcony were always very clean and tidy.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, the selection of food varies from fruit, cold meats and cheese, cereal, fresh bread for your toast, freshly made pancakes and of course your good old cooked breakfast... your completely spoilt for choice! Some mornings the hotel even laid on a champagne breakfast!!
Every afternoon you can indulge on fresh strawberries and cream/ice cream by the pool side, which the hotel lays on.
The pool area is always clean, with many sunbeds either by the pool or on the beach. But I would say if you prefer to be by the pool then you do need to be an early bird as other guests like to claim their sunbeds before breakfast.
I didn't go in the sea as it was very rocky but my husband did and he found that it was fine once you got past the jetty but be careful if the sea is rough - again the beach it very well kept... completely litter free!!
You are totally spoilt for choice with restaurants to visit in the evenings, paphos caters for everyones tastes however there are ALOT of Italian restaurants! If you don't want to walk very far (or have hair that doesn't agree with humidty and would like it in a reasonable state for photos) then just outside the hotel is a strip of restaurants which consist of Chinese, Mexican, Italian and a Greek Taverna. We ate at Poco Loco (Mexican), Mare e Monti (Italian) and the Taverna, they were all superb eateries!
As a couple eating out in these restaurants we spent between 45 -60 euros and that was for a starter, main and a bottle of wine!
We found an excellent chinese which was a 15 minute walk from our hotel which was called PAGODA, the staff were extremely friendly!
Paphos harbour is a good 30 minute walk or in a taxi you can pay 8 euros but many eating places can be found there.
While we were in paphos we did a few trips which incuded the Half Day Heaven on the Ocean Flyer which was brilliant! They took us to Coral Bay and stopped off to do snokelling, swimming, kyaking and water games. They also provided food and as much alcohol as you can consume this cost 48 euros each, in this cost we got the Sunset Cruise free but we gave this a miss as the trip made me feel a bit green!
We also went para gliding at 'Jim's Watersports' which was fab - however I did nearly chicken out but I was so pleased for being brave as the views from the sky are breathtaking!
Aphrodite Waterpark is good fun and costs 56 euros for 2 adults but was very busy! You can easily walk there and takes about 15 minutes. I would recommend anyone to go to one of the tour operators in paphos to book any trips (its much cheaper) your holiday rep will put a few extra euros on their price so as they get a cut!!
The only complaint we had was that the hotel supermarket was a little over priced and the staff aren't very friendly but on the whole how this hotel isn't a 5 star is beyond me! You definately get what you pay for and more, it was truely the best holiday we have been on as a couple! This hotel caters for everyones wants and needs, all the staff are very helpful and nothing is ever too much trouble for them!!
We go back in May for my Sister in Laws wedding and is very excited about going back already... if you are getting married at this hotel you will have a truely magical experience you couldn't have picked a better hotel to exchange your vows!!
While we were there we saw 19 weddings which were all lovely but I have to say my favourites were on the beach - stunning!

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2008

Where to start on this review.. We went...

Reviewed Wed 20th of August 2008

"Where to start on this review..

We went to the Athena Beach in August 2008 to get married..

First impressions stick and the hotel is fantastic. The grounds were very well kept and everywhere is spotless. You always see people cleaning.

We were upgraded to the superior room, and we had our own sunbeds and only around 20 - 30 yards to the beach.. A stunning view to wake up to.

Also the staff could not be friendlier. Everyone has a smile for you, a cheerful hello, good morning and good evening... Anyone experiencing rudeness must be giving it out! Reception staff are particullarly helpful and will always give out advice and directions.

The beach is a little rocky, but the jetty's take you out from the worst of it. The waves are great fun, especially when it's a bit rough. I went jetskiing one day and the waves made it great fun. Especially with the spray and jumps.

Pools are clean and there are always sunbeds around, no need for towels being down early, (Ps hotel was fully booked as well)

The wedding co-ordinator for the Athena is Linda, and Lisa for First Choice. Both of them were an excellent help! Never too busy to stand and chat to you. They helped us in every way and even kept us calm on the big day.

The shop in the hotel is a little expensive, but the supermarket across the road is better priced. The cafe is also worth a visit, with croissants and the pies a good choice!

As for food, the Hotel is not great outside breakfast. But there are so many good eateries around. Especially around the Triangle area. Two of my personal favourites were Ficardos and Rimini.

Outwith the hotel i'd recommend the Wavedancer Cruise and the mosaics. Thoroughly enjoyed both of these!

FYI a taxi to the harbour area is €8 the bus €1.50 each way. But it's only a brisk 20 minute walk.

I could write for hours on the hotel, and not have a bad word to say.. It's a very good 4 star hotel and we cannot wait to go back next year!

Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

I went on holiday with my hubbie for a w...

Reviewed Tue 19th of August 2008

"I went on holiday with my hubbie for a well earned break - and this hotel provided just that.
The reception staff were brilliant, Thomson have just rolled out a new programme and have decided not to try to flog you every trip available, but to give you a chance to decide what you want - which was most welcome. We hired a jeep for the day, and took it out around the island, if you're going to do this beware of some of Cyprus' less than well maintained roads!!
The spa facilities at this hotel are unsurpassed, and the gym is small but air conditioned (absolutely necessary in August), the pools aren't designed for doing lenghts - but they are nice and clean. The whirlpool was ideal for sitting in and catching rays.
The rooms are well maintained and cleaned regularly - though I did wonder where the complimentary slippers had gone.
My only real complaint has to be the bar staff at the 'nectar bar' in the hotel - they were slow on service and even had the cheek to charge us for drinks we no longer wanted after waiting over 20 minutes for them!
Apart from that I'd happily return to the hotel with hubbie in tow.

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008

Hotels near Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel

• M_and_M_Gsy by M_and_M_Gsy

"Pegasis bar & ther Steak restaurant near "

• V Maycock by V Maycock

"The restraunts in the Harbour, would recommend to go to Troodos, the view is superb "

• badger by badger

"Enjoy the location and excellent staff "

• Liz & Steve by Liz & Steve

"Adonis bath, wave dancer and jeep safari "

• Debbie A by Debbie A

"We have seen most of the island hire a car "

Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is also called