Azia Resort & Spa aerial

Good
Good

Never ever again

Reviewed 1st September 2016

"We recently had the misfortune of stopping at this two star hotel, what with a fire in the laundry room at night smoke in the corridors and fire brigade called no fire alarms sounded at all. Then human waste in and around the pool, food was absolutely disgusting, we spent all of our time in Paphos only sleeping at the hotel the all inclusive guests were treated like spongers we were not allowed named brandy, fresh orange, or cola, yet I spent over two thousand pounds on this s, ,,,,,,,,,,,hole then my wife collapsed and was rushed to the hospital, where she stayed for a week very ill not one inquiry from the hotel,the only thing that was said to me, was if you want to keep the room i had to pay upfront be very careful if you go to Cyprus stay away from this place. "

• Travel date: 1st September 2016

The most relaxing holiday!!!!

Reviewed 16th February 2016

"After a very stressful period we decided to spend a week at the Azia!.It excited our expectations! Warm welcome from the porters and the reception staff and the rooms....words are not enough!a unique design that combines elegance and luxury! Excellent service in all departments and a lot of dining options!!our favorite... The new Asian restaurant OKU which is by the pool."

• Travel date: 16th February 2016

Highly reccommended!

Reviewed 29th January 2016

"We stayed at the Azia for a week and we absolutely loved it!The welcome on arrival was excellent.A very warm welcome from the porters and the reception staff.The newly refurbished rooms are very modern and beds extremely comfortable.We stayed in room 327 which overlooks the sea and the pool and were amazed with the view.We could live there forever!Food was amazing and very good quality.We couldn't ask for a better place Andrea will defiantly be back!Thank you Azia!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 29th January 2016

Great!

Reviewed 28th January 2016

"It's a nice Hotel, obviously 5*. The best thing for me was the view, seeing the sea , sunset, and also elegant Hotel grounds. Must also mention, that staff did their best the make us feel comfortable and welcome. Nothing was a problem for them, provided with help for elegant hotel with phone charger or how to get into places we want to see and so on. Location is also a big plus, no noises, perfect for a little walk, not far from city center or shops. Liked that we could see "wild" sea but in the same time take a bus or just walk for about 5-10 minutes and we were on the nice beach. Tasteful food, every day there was different dinner theme which we liked. BTW ate the best cheeseburger ever!:D Also before dinner, arriving guests were welcomed by managers which was a nice gesture. Evenings were full of events for elegant hotel life music and dancing or cocktail with managers. Although the music was loud when we went back to the room, we couldn't hear a thing (and our room was just above the Bar. The room was cleaned every day, fresh towels and bed linen. Cleaning ladies as well as other members of the staff polite, professional, remembering what you like to drink (how they do that?) Swimming pool with nicely warm water, also one inside. I didn't visit SPA center, which I regret, so cannot say anything about it, but heard it's impressive. So the trip was really good, we spend a lovely time, didn't feel that we overpaid. If we get a chance we will come back, and stay longer.."

• Travel date: 26th January 2016

Relaxing holidays

Reviewed 20th July 2015

"If you are looking for the prefect place to relax, this is the one. Even if you are alone the staff will make you feel like home. They are so nice and friendly, ready anytime to help you out with any issues. The rooms are cozy and very clean. They are making the service twice a day. There is plenty of food for any taste. you can choose from a different buffet every evening, to different A la Carte nights. If you like Asian, you can have it, but also, don't miss the traditional Meze. Enjoy the pool, is really amazing. And if you want to make some trips around the island, the girls at the front desk are more than happy to help you out. Will definitely come back."

• Travel date: 18th July 2015

Welcoming Hotel

Reviewed 2nd July 2015

"We stayed at the Azia Resort & Spa for our honeymoon - and from the moment we walked in till the moment we left the hotel we felt like at home. Everyone at the hotel is very welcoming, caring and helpful. Big thanks to Elena for upgrading us on our special week. Also thank you to Vlad for keeping the drinks coming while at the pool. The evening dinner was really good, and this Asian Dish that is cooked on your table was a great experience. We got one of the new rooms at the hotel and it is just amazing - so are the views! Will definitely be back to celebrate our anniversaries. "

• Travel date: 1st July 2015

Poor hotel, poor service.

Reviewed 28th May 2013

"We booked this hotel through one of those advertisements that offers its members discounts on hand picked hotels. This hotel and service is not what you would expect from a 5 star standard hotel anywhere in the world. The rooms are shabby, the bathroom for the luxury sea view room is not as described on Azia`s website and in desperate need of updating,even proper cleaning. The hotel has one restaurant really, but different eating areas but wherever you eat it the food is appalling whether from the buffet or menu. There is no beach at the hotel the closest is a 10 minute walk. We were told whilst we were there that no effort is made in updating the hotel as it is used by troops on their way home from Afghanistan. We used the pool area on our first day only the rest of our stay we spent away from the hotel. "

• Travel date: 28th May 2013

Beware of promises by tour operators too lazy to inspect this hotel

Reviewed 21st August 2012

"Have just returned from a week at the Azia Blue. Have travelled to most of the world and stayed in many hotels from basic to moderate, luxury and so on, hotels can be subjective, often the hotel may slightly disappoint on food but make up for in surroundings, facilities etc., how many of us have stayed in so called 5* hotels which in real terms are 4*, but again what hotels lack in one area is often compensated in another. The Azia breaks this rule on every basis, the hotel would struggle to achieve 3 stars, and rooms are tired and basic. The food is edible, which is the most positive comment I could make, breakfast would be more in place at a very, very low budget hotel. Dinner is served on an outside terrace, contrary to tour operators listing 'spoilt for choice in restaurants) with no alternative. There is one inside bar, not attractive or inviting, with a karaoke machine for entertainment! The outside pool is nice for young children but I could see no other facilities for children, there is a games room which resembles a very small box room, 2 machines have been squeezed in, again, it looks more like a storage area than an area for young children to play in. The hotel is on the top of a small cliff, the nearest beach is about 15-20 minutes’ walk, very hostile area, all stones, and red flag indicating no swimming. Ironically, I do not blame the hotel; I believe all fault lies squarely with the Tour Operators too lazy or complacent to carry out an anonymous inspection visit"

• Travel date: 20th August 2012

Not a five star hotel

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"very disappointed when we arrived at the hotel. The most you should pay for a week is £500 not £900 like we did. This is not a five star hotel, It should be a 3 star hotel. Swimming pool area is very nice and safe for children and it is not over crowded No outdoor playground for children The Azia resort has a sea view but is not on the beach. The beach is a long way from the hotel Restaurant . We were on half board but would not do it again. The restaurant was very quiet. There was no atmosphere and the food was terrible. Bedrooms are very clean but are in need of refurbishing if they want to keep their five stars Very quiet resort in the middle of nowhere. 10 kms from Paphos centre Would not stay at his hotel again.."

• Travel date: 14th August 2007

Magical Stay- great staff, beautiful facilities

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"My husband and I have returned from a stay at the Azia. The reason we went was that one of my best friends got married there, so we thought it would be more convenient to stay there. It was a very pleasant surprise to spend a week at the Azia. The location is fantastic, with an open beautiful bay as the background. The wedding was organised so beautifully, it was out of a romantic fairytale!!!! May be it was the fact that we were there for the wedding, but I have never enjoyed such romantic sunsets before! The staff was impeccable and the spa should be more emphasised as it is definitely a very important part of this hotel. e did a girlie day there before my friend's wedding day , thoroughly enjoyed by all 6 of us! My only problem with the hotel was initially the room which was fine but not really as nice design as the rest of the hotel. The reception offered me another room at an additional charge (10 pounds a day) which was not much to pay for a much better room. we are now in Sardinia spending a planned holiday with my children and wishing we had stayed in Cyprus for longer and had taken the children...We are now planning to go back with the children over the half term in October( and another couple who were with us at the wedding are thinking of joining us too)."

• Travel date: 29th July 2007

Azia Resort - Lovely Hotel - doesnt deserve the bad reviews

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I booked The Azia mainly due to the fact that it belonged to the Small Luxury Hotel group - and we have always had great service from everywhere we had stayed. I happened across this website (Trip Advisor) just before we were about to go and I have to say that it totally ruined my two week run up to my holiday - I contacted the hotel and the organisation they belong to above and showed them the reviews - we are used to staying in nice hotels and will not put up with poor service or sub-standard accomodation. They both did their best to re-assure me. I almost cancelled several times. We had 2 junior suites - joining with 2 Jacuzzis for us and our sons aged 6 & 11. I went armed with two possible alternative hotels (having checked availability) should we not be happy on our arrival. We could not of had better service - we were greeted promptly and by the manager - we arrived quite late in the evening and they had put a selecetion of local food and juices and wine in our room as well as a DVD for the boys in theirs. The Hotel entrance areas and the Spa are fantastic - our rooms were clean and comfortable - our toiletries were delightful (not cheap as another reviewer mentioned) indeed we received an Elemis gift pack in addition. The pool area is very spacious and comfortable - as well as having a great pool for smaller children too - ours are competant swimmers they enjoyed having the island to swim around and really enjoyed the swim up pool bar the pool is big enough for lots of play - All of the staff were helpful - the pool service is FAB - you do not have to move from your bed all day should you so wish - your drinks are brought to you in an instant. The Breakfasts are great - we stayed for 11 nights and I think we had a different combination each morning - fresh fruits / cheeses / hams / cooked everything you could want / pastries / breads / short order cook for omlettes and eggs etc - unlimited tea / coffee / chocolate and delicious fresh juices. We went Bed and Breakfast and I would recomend this - we ate a couple of times in the Hotel in the evening and it was fine but not outstanding - but plenty for our whole family to enjoy - there are lots of fantastic places to go to eat (several within walking distance) or hundreds within a £5 cab ride. My critisism is - The website overdoes the Hotel (The site makes it look very boutique and it is not) the main areas are delightful and excatly as pictured but from talking to other guests I think the standard rooms might not be as good as the ones we had. Yes you have to pay for all your drinks and from the mini - bar - but it is a hotel!!! The pool area is lovely -but does need an update - we did not have a problem with it and we are picky! - It is not as 5* as many of the 5* hotels we have stayed in - but it is a really lovely hotel - we thought it was excellent value for money and we trashed the mini - bar every day / and charged to our hearts content - we had a 4 page bill at the end. Several people have moaned about the towels - they are Bath towels - Blue in colour - they cover plenty of the cushioned sun bed, if you are happy to pay another deposit you can get more than one - you can change them as often as you like during the day we managed just fine - plus we had waffle robes and slippers hould we of needed them. I only had a couple of treatments at the SPA - but my sons really enjoyed their little back massages - we got to see lots of local interest and sites by hiring a car as well as really enjoying a rest (It was reall hot -but our Air Con was up to the job) We will definitley be going back again - probably in the Autumn when it is a little cooler and I will make better use of the SPA - If you want a nice holiday - particularly if you are a family - I think this is a great option - think 4 star with 5 star extras - but at a really good price."

• Travel date: 26th July 2007

Not a 5* hotel!

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"I agree with other reviewers - this is far from being a 5 star hotel! We stayed for 2 nights only I'm relieved to say. The best thing about the hotel is the staff, who were all very nice, helpful and friendly. But the sea view room was poor and the bathroom basic with nasty cheap toiletries. The air con in the room did not work properly and the whole place was covered in signs telling us not to steal anything or even use the glasses in the room to drink anything we had not bought in the hotel. We had to pay a deposit of £8 for each beach towel and the 2 cards my husband and I were given on arrival entitled us to just one towel each. And the towels were not even that great - not big fluffy beach towels but thin, narrow ones. Breakfast was certainly not 5 star standard, with horrid fatty bacon and orange 'drink' instead of juice. I would not recommend this hotel at the price that they are charging, there are many other hotels in Cyprus that are the same standard (probably 3.5 star in reality) and much cheaper."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2007

Hotels near Azia Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Azia Resort & Spa

• by AnneLivy

"Enjoy the cocktails at the Pool Bar and the pool itself. Is just what someone needs to recharge batteries."

• by EilaMR

"Get a Sea View - the sunsets ara amazing!"

Azia Resort & Spa is also called