Our stay Nov2015

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2016

"Really lovely hotel with very friendly staff . Short walk into Paphos harbor and historical site worth looking at.

Pool was good, eating outdoors if you want to , and pleasant indoors too. Our only gripe was the price of drinks!! Around 25 Euros for a bottle of wine and 4 for a small beer. This really took the edge off what could have been a very pleasant stay.

Watch where you are out though because our first room was on the ground floor with an exceedingly small terrace which overlooked (about 5 meters away!) the outside dining area. We opted to move and had same spot but 4 floors above which was fine.

The hotel is lovely and offered great entertainment every night. Just a pity about the drinks prices because you could have a really enjoyable evening.

Recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of May 2016

Lovely Hotel - what are they griping about?

Reviewed Tue 26th of January 2016

"Some very strange reviewers, we think! Yes, it is a hotel selected by many over 60s - so what!! They know a good thing when they see it! Drinks are what you would expect to pay in an international hotel, and if you don't like it, there are dozens of cheap bars within a couple of minutes' walk. Likewise for bottled water - just pop out to the supermarket across the road and buy some there.

We loved the location, so close to the harbor. We loved the extensive grounds and gardens, beautifully tended and directly facing the sea. We loved the old fashioned air of grandeur - lots of marble, chandeliers, comfy seating. We loved the food - best buffets ever - and we are fussy! We loved it that you can use the gym at the more modern (but rather soulless Almyra next door) as well as use it as an alternative eatery. We loved the free and reliable WiFi all over the hotel, including in our rooms and around the pool. We loved the fantastically comfortable queen sized bed in the sea facing terrace room in the Adonis wing for which we paid just a bit more.

In fact we loved it so much we are just about to book again for next December!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of January 2016

its not a luxury hotel

Reviewed Fri 25th of October 2013

"We are still here so I have to be a wee bit careful!!! The place is really badly lit.so don't go walking about the gardens at night, the rooms are really badly lit only 2 lights at each side of the bed and no lights on the veranda.the room mini bar is daylight robbery.a small bottle of water 2.50.in the supermarket 50.small pkt crisps 2.50.. 56 in supermarket..my partner had bought a coffee outside and was told to drink it or throw it away before he came into the hotel.its true what someone else said you have to pay 15 euros if you use their mini bar to store drinks.if you want a spa treatment you have to go next door to their sister hotel Alymura.the rooms etc very dated and its true here is more for old age pensioners.very boring here in the hotel no life.luxury is only the price they charge for people to stay here...oh and try and find a good sun lounger in a good spot, they have all been blue towel taken from 7 in the morning, despite the hotel saying after 40 min of non appearance towels will be removed....not true, We settled for somewhere else feeling happy we had found somewhere to find the umbrella was broken!!!! Good points are that the restaurant staff and cleaning staff were nice, bad point when I asked about being made to stand outside while my partner drank his coffee just got a superior explanation and all I could think was im paying a fortune for this!!! Oh and by the way buffet nice but wait till you see what they charge you for the drinks to go with it.....that's going to be another nice wee surprise"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of October 2013

Not a Five Star service or Five Star Experience

Reviewed Wed 30th of January 2013

"A relaxing and stress free holiday. Sadly this has not been the case. The first impression of the hotel Annabelle is one of a retirement home by the seaside. The majority age clientelle was 50 plus. I could look past this age concern as I really wanted a stressfree holiday, after a very stressful year in 2012, and I figured the mature clientelle would not be partying away in the small hours. So the noise disturbance would be minimal. We stayed on the 4th floor not only did we have noise level.I belive the problem is the Aphrodite wing either side, which overlooks the Almyra, not only do you have to contend with the continue listening to the cars and motor bikes driving round and round Paphos, you can actually sit and watch the same cars all night and they drive fast beware!. This we know is not the hotels fault but all the hotels need to get together with the police and maybe try and stop this nonsense. The Almyra is the next problem, pushing carts etc across cobbles, dustcarts, bottle bank, all starts around 5 am. Noise from other bedrooms we could actually hear very clearly our next door neighbours conversations, scrapping chairs throughtout the day, night not sure why anyone would want to do this, so my recommendation is to ask for a room away from this wing, but we then had noise disturbance from a very noisy greek family staying in the two apartments at the end of our corridor from 6 am. One of the guests from the apartment walked her screaming baby up and down the corridor, in a succesful attempt to annoy other paying guests trying to sleep. We have had better sleep at home what was the point of our holiday vacation?

The waiting staff in the restaurant(Fontonia) spoiled it for me, found the majority to be very ignorant to the point of rudeness,muttering under their breathes when spoken too by a paying guest. Talking in a very disrepectful manner about a paying guest. Regardless if other paying guest are behaving in this same manner, it is not for any employee of that hotel to be doing the exact same, and then expect to be tipped.
I did speak with the manager to highlight my concerns. Just got my final bill summary posted through my door. Nice touch.

There is no iron supplied by the hotel for health and safety reasons. So advise taking a travel iron as the hotel laundry service is too expensive. Also if you store your own things in the mini fridge the hotel will charge 15 euros..this is outrageous..I have stayed in hotels all over the world, five star establishments and even they did not charge for storing my own things in the mini fridge.

I cannot recommend the hotel Annabelle in Paphos to any of my friends, collegues,or relatives, as it was such a disappointment, let down by bad staff.

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2013

Hotel is very well appointed, directly o...

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2007

"Hotel is very well appointed, directly overlooking the beach.

Rooms are spacious and furnished to a very high standard. Staff are welcoming and friendly.

There are plenty of activities on offer and the hotel spa is a must for a bit of pampering.

There is 24hour room service and a nice touch is the "turn down" service before turning in each night.

A day trip to Egypt by air is a fantastic option which I would highly recommend anyone taking up. It is a long day, hotel pick-up at 6 am and an after midnight departure from Cairo but it was a fabulous experience which included the pyramids at Giza, Sphinx, lunch at the 5* Meridian, visit to a Papyrus Factory, free time for shopping and dinner cruise along the Nile.

The hotel is close to shops and historic sights - many of which are within easy walking distance. Hotel bars and restaurant are all very professionally run and offer a good choice. All ages are catered for.

The only disappointment was Paphos Airport which is far too small for the number of passengers using the facilities."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007

Myself and partner spent a wonderful wee...

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2007

"Myself and partner spent a wonderful week at the Annabelle in August and had a fabulous time.

The hotel is beautiful, situated right on the beach and close enough to the shops and restaurants but in a quiet spot of the beach.

The attention to detail is second to none. It's not the cheapest place in the world but worth every penny. We will be returning soon."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

We spent our honeymoon at the Annabelle...

Reviewed Wed 26th of September 2007

"We spent our honeymoon at the Annabelle in September 2007. We were a little disappointed that we did not receive an upgrade.

The room was comfortable but dated. The facilities at the hotel are superb and the food exceptional. The swimming pool area, sun decks, and spa are also exceptional.

The waiting staff were excellent and made you feel special. The porters were also superb. Weather was fantastic.

Overall, the holiday was excellent and we will visit The Annabelle again."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

I stayed in the Annabelle in a large gro...

Reviewed Mon 11th of June 2007

"I stayed in the Annabelle in a large group, as we were there for a wedding which took place in the hotel grounds, the pool area and gardens are stunning and the location is ideal for the beach and main town centre.

The food was quite repetitive and room service extortionate but rooms were kept spotless and staff were helpful.

On the day of the wedding the hotel staff were fantastic, even letting us use a suite to get ready in and providing drinks snacks etc for the bridal party.

I would definitely recommend the Annabelle, it is worth the extra expense just to see the envy on the faces of other holiday makers, when you tell them where you are staying."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

Very Disappointed definately not 5 star

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I have just returned from a 7 night stay at The Annabelle with my husband and two children. We opted for a family room which sleeps 4, my oldest child being 19 years old and the youngest 2 (yes quite a gap I know). We only booked the holiday 3 weeks before departure and it cost £3,500 inc flights for bed and breakfast. When we were shown to our room I had to fight the tears back, I could not believe how basic it was for what we had paid, it was no more than a 3 star room with a single bed that sagged in the middle for my eldest child, one armchair, a tv sitting on an old table and a travel cot for the little one, the room lead to a bathroom and a small double bedroom for my husband and I. The place was so drab and old, we have stayed in better 3 star apartments for £199 per week. What was worse was when we walked out onto the terrace from the patio doors there was a small wall no more than 2 ft high leading to a drop of at least 50ft below (we had requested a low floor for our toddler at the time of booking). We complained immediately and were shown a ground floor room however this was one complete room with no privacy for our 19 year old and again very drab and no better than 3 star accommodation. We were informed that there would be no further rooms available until the next day for us to look at. If we could have afforded it we would have checked out at that point and booked into The Elysium Hotel where we have stayed before. However we could not take the risk of losing £3,500 and pay for another hotel on top. The following afternoon we were shown two double rooms on the ground floor, with an interconnecting door which were much better and I would say were 4 star rooms (still definately not 5 star). When we agreed to move to these rooms we were informed that as they faced the pool there would be a further charge of £55 cyprus pounds per day for the remaining 6 days of the holiday, bearing in mind we had still not unpacked yet we hastily agreed just to try and get the holiday off to a start. The breakfasts were ok but not a great choice and only one person cooking omelates, eggs etc so the queue was always long for that section and we always ended up walking away from it. The last bug bare and an important one for safety is that the swimming pool tiles were fitted with a large recess of grout around them with the gap being at least the width of my thumb resulting in very sharp edges on all sides of the tiles. I could never stay at the shallow end with my toddler for the risk of cutting feet and legs, my husbad was forever complaining about this every time he went in the pool. We have never complained about anything ever before however we will be writing to the tour operator as we feel that for the cost of £3878.66p (including our upgraded rooms) for a 7 night stay bed and breakfast at this hotel has been a total rip off . I would strongly advise anybody to go the Elysuim Hotel and just get taxis down town to Kato Paphos if required as it is pure luxury for a lot less money. I feel that this hotel is probably relying on its central position and its regular older clientele who maybe have not experienced the 5 star more modern hotels that have been built in recent years."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of April 2007

No better hotel in Paphos!

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"The Annabelle has it all for those vacationing in Paphos! The location is fantastic. It's right on the water and beach, in the heart of the tourist area. Everything is within walking distance, including the fort, archaeological park, and plenty of shops and restaurants (Starbucks is right across the street!). We had a deeply discounted room, so it didn't have the fanciest balcony or best view -- but it still had a nice view of the fort and seaside! The room was immaculate, the beds were very comfortable, and I liked the marble floors (who wants carpet with the sand and grit previous guests have tracked in?). The breakfast buffet had something for everyone's tastes -- British, Cypriot, or American -- and the overall service was excellent. The pool was very nice, and just a few steps down was the promenade stretching along Paphos harbor. We live in Cyprus (in Nicosia), and I definitely plan to return to the Annabelle."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Oh! What a Lovely Place

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Thornaby Cleveland, England.
Stayed at the Annabelle in March 2007 for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. ( The wife went to Scarborough- only joking)
What a beautiful hotel, very friendly staff, and excellent food.
We spoilt ourselves a littler and booked a Deluxe seaview room, lovely furnishings and magnificent views.
The staff were the most friendly and helpful I have met for a long time, nothing was too much trouble.
Thanks for the suprise "anniiversay cake".
Could not fault the resdaraunt food or service.
Treat yourself to an afternoon tea, you will not be disappointed.
Maid service was excellent, bed turned down every evening.
Pool and gardens were well maintained, with gardeners working every day.
Once again thanks to the management and staff for making our stay most enjoyable, I cannot thank them enough.
We will definitely be going back again."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

welcoming, warm and friendly

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"This is a lovely hotel, with plenty of open communal space and gorgeous views over the sea and towards Pafos harbour. The staff are always polite, knowledgeable and eager to help. They keep records of everyones stay so they know when you return - a nice touch. We have never had reason to complain, so i can't commet on how they deal with situations.
I believe the hotel has been redecorated in the last couple of years, certainly the noisy in-room air conditioners have gone, and the lobby looks a little more modern. The gardens are truely beautiful, with lots of lush planting and water features - they get better with each passing year. There are two swimming pools, one of which is heated. The lower pool snakes around sunning terraces and has an in-pool bar. Beside the each pool there is a bar/grill - great for lunch or a snack. There is a small sandy beach area leading to the clearest of seas - which in high summer is very warm. There are two small shops, one selling newspapers, books and lotions etc. The other one selling clothing and jewelery.
The bedrooms are not large, we always stay in side sea view or sea view. They are exactly what they say they are. The bathrooms are compact but fully stocked with the usual goodies, including slippers and dressing gowns. The beds are turned down at night and the rooms are always clean and tidy with the towels replaced at least twice a day.
The restaurants are good, the themed buffets are very good particularly the Cypriot nights. The menus are varied and most dishes are fabulous. The buffets (and breakfast) are extensive with far more variety than you could ever hope to eat.
Our favorite of all the restaurants is the Mediterraneo down by the beach - lots of Italianate foods and on certain nights Christos sings, always a pleasure.
Alot of the hotels food used to come from their own organic farm, but nothing is mentioned about that now so i'm not sure if that is still the case.
The hotel is nicely placed for a stroll into Kato Pafos or to catch bus for further field. The restaurants around the hotel are not great, however the Hotel Almyra (owned by the same family) next door has a lovely Greek style restaurant on the beach - ideal for lunch or a romantic dinner.
You really need to like cats to stay here (or any where it seems in Cyprus!), there are quite a few around the grounds. The staff ignore them as do most of the guests, one of the head waiters told me that all the cats are well looked after, neutered and homed if neccessary, we didn' find them a nuisance and rather enjoyed their company besides they added a certain something to the ambiance!
The Spa is small but very welcoming, the prices for the treamentsare very reasonable, and the staff are friendly. There is a steam room and a jacuzzi as well as the various treatment rooms and all are open to those who book a treatment. Hairdressing also available.
Overall a great hotel, a little faded in places but a firm favorite with lots of returnees."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of March 2007

Hotels near Annabelle

Top traveller tips for Annabelle

• Wendy W by Wendy W

"bring lots of money for the extras they charge "

• K Araoye by K Araoye

"avoid the Aphrodite wing the noise level is unbearable from inside and outside hotel:( "

• Tina B by Tina B

"Use the facilities of the Almyra next door. "

• Lynne C by Lynne C

"Buy your drinks elsewhere and enjoy them in your room. "

Annabelle is also called