Aliathon Holiday Village

Theas Afroditis Avenue, Paphos 8063 Cyprus

Amazing Place to Stay!

"We returned from a 2week stay at the Aliathon earlier this month and can honestly say it was amazing!We enjoyed every single part of our stay and would highly recommend it. We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe apartment in the fishing village, which was very spacious and comfortable and very nicely decorated. The food was always lovely, with lots of choice and always hot, definately something for everyone! Would highly recommend the onsite Mexican, but the Greek restaurant was not really our thing, but still nice!The staff(mostly english) were very helpful, and welcoming, especially the day time entertainment reps who are always on the go!however, if you would rather not join in with activities the opposite side of the pool is a lot quieter or there are also two more pools onsite.Most nights the entertainment was very good (except for the magician!) It is also nice that the entertainment venue is outside. There are also other bars within the hotel if you want to be away from the main show. The fishing village itself is wonderful, especially the huge pool! Also, if you don't have kids we would recommend you make use of the indoor pool and spa, very relaxing!We would love to go back and would recommend this hotel to everyone!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Great Holiday

Good

"Have just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive at the Aliathon with my wife and two daughters, aged 15 and 10, and we had a great time. Had what was called a "superior" one bed apartment. Not sure it was really that superior though - had a tv in the bedroom (that didnt work - didnt mind though- not why we were there), a dvd player in the living area (which was useful once or twice, when the afternoons got really hot) and a CD player, which we didnt use at all - no need since Ipods came along! Air-Conditioning was fantastic. Rooms cleaned every day except Sundays - more than enough. 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 pool towels changed every day also. Room was in the Aegean village area, on the ground floor, next to the pool, and the pool snack bar - turned out to be an ideal location. My daughters could go in and out for a swim when they liked, and could also go and get themselves (and us) drinks and ice-creams when we needed one. Marina at the pool bar was a fantastic character. Buffet Restaurant was great for all meals - choice and quality of food great for all ages. We could eat once a week at the Greek Taverna and the Mexican Restaurant as part of the all inclusive- did them once, didnt go back - much better to use the buffet restaurant, or take a short walk outside to the many great restaurants available nearby. Entertainment team were probably the best ones we've seen over many years of taking this kind of family holiday - very professional and great fun. New Fishing Village looked nice, but we didnt spend much time there, so cant really comment on the quality of rooms or the pool. One gripe - all flights back are really late, but getting a late checkout proved to be impossible for almost all guests (unless you had arranged in advance) - and the courtesy rooms for changing arent that great - they need to improve this aspect - either by granting more late checkouts or improving the facilities. Trips out to Paphos Harbour and the market were good - buses are frequent and cheap - under 5 euros for 4 of us. Hired a car from the travel agent just outside the holiday village (gorzo travel) - excellent. Spent a day in the Troodos mountains - really nice just to get away and do something different for a change. Lovely villages and a bit cooler too. Local waterpark is really good - 15 minute walk - wouldnt bother spending an hour getting to the one that is supposedly better in Limassol. Overall, we had a great time - would recommend."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

FAB relaxing Holiday

Good

"We got back on Monday 14th after a very relaxing holiday to the Aliathon. We spent two weeks in a one bedroom apartment in the fishing village on an all inclusive basis. We got into the hotel around 2am and were very tired. We opened the door to the room and were very very pleased. It was very spacious, clean and all very new. (coat hangers still with their plastic covers on them). The large pool around the light house was great, water warm, and never had a problem getting sun beds at around 9am.
Mostly skipped breakfast but had an early lunch instead, food varied and plentiful and you helped yourself to drinks. Dinner just as good, we did try the Mexican and it was OK but decided to give the other restaurant a miss. Loads of activities during the day but nothing intrusive if you didn't want to join in. Adult evening entertainment started around 9:30 each night, wasn't for us but the crew did put loads of energy into their performances.
We had a great time their and met up with some great people and would recommend this holiday to anyone as long as they like the heat. (40+ degrees every day!!)"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

lovley holiday-hotel has a few issues

"I have just returned from paphos yesterday evening july 16th having spent a week at the aliathon village , we was all inclusive. I have stayed at these apartment 3 times before but the last time was 11 years ago so it has changed abit. We had a lovley holiday weather was sooo hot too hot forn some people.
Firsty out aprtment was nice we stayed in the older part and it had been done up it wads clean. however we did speak to people who werent happy with their accomadation. The food wad very good, although you couldnt get a drink from every bar as some bars you had to pay which i begrudge when you have paid already. The entertainment reminded of butlins holiday camp so we didnt spend to much time there,i think they need to think of having the other bar at the fount of the hotel avalaible for all inclusive guest as it is a long walk to the other area. I did find the aliathon to be a bit money grabbing. Also on the day of deperture you have to vacate your room by 12 which is quite then norm but you can no longer have any food or drink, so for people who have a late flight i think is quite unfair, having stayed at many all inclusives i have never incounted that before. The two resturants that your allowed to eat at are the greek and mexican but we didnt bother because your only allowed to have a few things that highlighted green anything else you have to pay for so we thought that was a cheek so we eat out a few nights which was nice.

Pahos itsself is still very nice, alot more bulilt up, it is very expensive now some places are dearer than english prices which is a shame.We did the famagusta trip, was a very long day though spent most of it on the coach. Didnt get to see that much . we say the abonded hotels when the turks invadaded so it was intresting.
Feel free to message me
x"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Fabulous holiday had by all!!!!!

"I travelled to the HV Aliathon with a large group of family for my sister's wedding!!

I was staying in a one bed superior and it was fine, spacious, spotless no ants etc. It wasn't cramped or sub standard in any way. Admittedly it could've done with alot more storage but if that's my only gripe with a room on holiday then that's not too bad. I would just advise people to take extra hangers if possible as the wardrobe is huge but only has about 10 hangers in.

My parents were in a one bed standard and it was perfectly fine aswell.

I found the pools to be fab...they really are lovely. Similar to getting into a bath they are so warm. In particular the kids splash pool really stands out as being outstanding for kids. It has a pirate ship with slides, sprinklers, water tower and various other watery fun things that the kids love. My son is 2 and I could sit on a lounger and watch him as it was so shallow and safe. It made a huge difference to our holiday not to be having to chase around behind him all the time.

The food was great, perhaps not as much choice as previous All inclusives we've been to but still plentiful and hot. Local and international choices, plus stuff for the kids. It was really nice actually. There was a carvery there a few evenings which pleased my husband and daughter. Pasta every night, chips, sausages, fish fingers etc. No complaints there, something for even picky eaters I think!!

Looking at the previous poster, well, I'm not sure what the policy is on long trousers because my husband didn't wear long trousers once and we went to the Mexican A La Carte (and it was really nice). My husband had 3/4 trousers on when we went there but there was a man wearing shorts in there I noticed. My brother in law went to the Greek and Mexican A La Cartes and he wore shorts both times. No one said anything about it so I'd summise that shorts are fine, in fact in the heat out there (and it's absolutely red hot) it's totally impractical to expect long trousers so it doesn't seem to be inforced. We also went to a few restaurants off complex, one particularly nice - Mare i Monti Italian out the front, and no one had long trousers on. Knee length shorts yes, but some of those look very smart!!

We used the kids club and creche and found those to be excellent, they operate 3 sessions during the day and most nights with the creche operating on 2 evenings a week. My son and daughter had a ball in there and made some lovely friends.......the reps do work hard!!

Highly recommend the Swim Kids, Vicky is fantastic and taught my daughter to swim in 6 lessons. She went from having no confidence in the water to swimming 25m on her last day. I can't praise Vicky enough, she really is excellent!!

Loved the evening entertainment, The E3 team are really good and are great. They really get you involved and enjoying yourself, we particularly like the 'Rock the room' night, which was good fun. My kids stayed up til midnight most nights with no problems. They were entertained from start to finish as it's all really family focussed.

Drinks were fine, beer is KEO out there. Wine is on tap to help yourself in the buffet, it's actually very nice. The white is pretty dry, in fact I enjoyed a few different Cypriot wines when we were out there and they were lovely. Could do with more bar staff in the ent area on the evening as it was getting busier when we left and there were queues forming but it doesn't spoil the holiday.

I did get up early to get seats round the splash pool but I didn't notice a free for all, although I'd say the parasols would be gone by 9 ish for definate. I was getting up at 7.30 ish and had no probs getting a couple of beds but I wasn't the first there. My dad was getting up at 6 to get beds round the nice pool in the older part of the complex by the end of his holiday.

All in all, a lovely holiday, we'd definately go back as it was so nice but perhaps we'd book into the Fishing Village this time as it really is fabulaous!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

best holiday ive had

"we returned home from Aliathon on the 6th July and to be honest I could have easily have stayed a 3rd week it was fantastic.We stayed in the new fishing village in a 6 bedded room over looking the main pool and the first time we walked in the room it was like wow!!! very clean and very spacious with air con, kitchen big w/c 2 bed rooms and flat screen tvs in main b/room and living area, just could not fault it. the pool was huge with a beach style affect that made it very safe for young kids with a light house to one side inwhich underneth was the poolside bar. pool looked very clean and tidy but my kids had some blisters on there feet and cuts from the rough floor also ear infections and and 24hr upset belly but besides that excerlent..There is also a splash park next to the fishing village in which the kids will love. In the bars you could only get 2 drinks at 1 time in which i had complained about as we are a big family and i also could not take food from pool bar for my kids unless they were with me. A word of warning be prepared to get up ealy as lots of people are doing the same and claiming pool chairs and emberellas and there aint alot of them, you will need umberella its hot.The food we thought was exerlant, a wide choice in which coversers for kids as well but be prepared to gain some pounds because if your like me your be eating 5/6 courses at each visit and as quick as im eating it the waiters are clearing it. Also to add is that take3/4 long shorts or trouser/jeans at they will not allow shorts in resturant. There is a mexican resturant and a greek resturant there that you can use but you have to pre book. i was happy with the main resturant so i had never tried either of them but people were saying that they was not that good but its each to there own. If you have a birthday on holiday ask the head person in resturant and they can make you a cake with what you want on it and bring it to you at the table. We had this it was expensive at 20euro but ok. The day time and evening entertainment was faultless there was plenty to do for both adults and kids of all ages and you must have ago of walter walking. The e3 team who did evening entertainment worked there socks off they worked well together and they can sertanly dance it was most enjoyable to watch every night. we also had other entertainment laid on by e3 inwhich was a couple of comedians a magician and a hypnotic act inwhich was all very good entertainment. When you go there you must try out water parks. There is a water park next door but we was advised about the one in limasol. its a coach trip of about 1hr but it was better for the kids. it was a good day out but expensive we had to wear wrist bands in which were colour coded to when you had arrived and on your last day the colour of that wrist bad for alinclusive will stop at 12 mid-day so from that time onwards you cant eat or drink unless you pay so if your on a late flight my advise is to make friends with people who are going home later that you who can get you drinks. I have 4 kids and from 12 mid-day we could not get food or drink and the tempuratures were touching 45deg. this was very unacceptable. Dont pre book seats for way home as i think this is a con. They will say to you that when you check in cyprus end they will not care if your party sits together. That is not the case. I made that mistake of pre booking seats and it was pointless I had payed more for adults than the kids and i cant see why and when you check in nobody even knows what you have done. But we was up graded and i think thats what the payment was for but it was not made clear
All in all a fantastic holiday for adults and kids and i would definetly return there again. But take loads of money with you as cyprus is not cheap. good luck"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

Great place for the kid's

"We have just arrived back from 2 weeks All Inclusuve stay at the holiday village. We were in the older part of the village and i've gotta say the room was clean and plenty of space for 2 Adults & 1 Child, They were cleaned every other day.
There is a brilliant Pirate splash park for the kids aswell as 3 other pools which were all well maintained and clean. Marina ( pool bar attentdant) was really lovely and made each of our visits pleasurable, It is a problem when you go as a family of 3 and you are LIMITED TO 2 DRINKS PER VISIT to the bar - this is not mentioned in the brochure or upon arrival at the hotel. Neither is the fact the pool table is NOT FREE PLAY it is payable ( another brochure error)!!!
The main restaurant has got a great variety of fresh food available at all meal times shame that the staff in there are so miserable and havn't got nthe time o0f day for you.
The E3 entertainers Kieran, Mel,Leanne,Micheal & DJ Sam are absolutley superb - could'nt fault them they work so hard day & night and are an asset to the holiday village. They do an hours entertainment for the kids every night ( kid's village time) and make a real effort to get all the children involved, My little boy 4 and my niece 5 looked forward to it every day."

Great Holiday!

Good

"We got back from Cyprus on 26th June and had a great holiday despite some of the reviews i read before we left. We were staying in the new part of the village which was great got two children aged 10 and 12 plenty of action kept them happy for the whole week. We were all inclusive 'well worth it' if they wanted a drink or ice-cream they just went and got it so it made my holiday more relaxing. Plenty of choice for food although we did eat out a couple of times as my husband is a fussy eater and wanted a steak! The apartments were very clean and comfortable with air-con which was really needed as it was too hot sometimes. Got the option to cook in the apartment but was not needed as we had plenty of choice to eat in the village. The entertainment was great but we were with another family and would meet in the evening in the bar above the buffet restaurant and the music was just slightly tooooo loud at times. Poolside bingo poolside quizes was good as it got you talking to other holiday makers.
We have already talked about going back in a few years to see it completly finished and up and running. Only bad thing was there was not enough umbrellas as the weather was so hot and there are no shady parts it was like dog eat dog trying to get one at stupid o clock in the morning!! Excellent in everything else."

Aliathon Holiday Village

"This is the second holiday village that we have been too in the last 2 years. and i can say that it was FAR BETTER than the one in Mainland Spain. Even though it has only been a First choice venue sine MAY 26th this year, everything was as much in place as could be expected, there was the odd bit of gardening going on but no major building wirks being undertaken. We have 2 young boys one of 3.5yrs and one of 4mths and they both had an excellent holiday. Kids clubs were excellent and catered for all age ranges very well. Due to the Very Hot weather we put the baby into the creche for 2 hours per day and again the creche and its staff were faultless. The only concern that we did have was the Lack of parasols which were needed due to the temp was always in the high 30's / 40's every day but hey it is cyprus. If you are looking to go make sure that you book into the Fishing Village which was really nice very clean rooms inside and out and great balconys. Overall gladly reccommend and consider going back too next year ( full surcharge allowing ). Also take up the all inclusive option as the self catering does work out expensive as we were being told by other guests."

Very enjoyable experience

Good

"We arrived back on 2nd July 2008 after a week's all inclusive holiday. We were in the older part of the village and can honestly say I am glad that we were. Not that there was anything wrong with the Fishing Village but you just felt a little more private. Our accommodation was spotless and spacious and, unlike some of the reviews I read before going, completely cockroach and ant free. The staff were very pleasant and friendly and Marina, at the pool bar, couldn't have made you feel more welcome. The food was excellent and the drinks were decent too. Entertainment was hit and miss. E3 worked tirelessly and were brilliant at what they do but there does need to be some more outside bands etc to keep the interest but definitely not JImmy the marvellous magician. Think of a 70's bad magician with no charisma!! All in all a wonderful holiday made even more interesting by the fact that 3 weddings were going to take place and the associated groups that were with the wedding couples were all happy and lively. There was a heatwave while we were there and don't be fooled into thinking a walk to the harbour is just up the road. It's not!! And definitely not in that sort of heat. Take the bus, they are regular and it is €1.20 per journey. A very enjoyable holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

Cannot wait to book again!

Good

"i have just returned from 11 nights at the Aliathon Holiday Village with my husband and 2 children (4year and 20 months)
We had one of the best holidays ever! my 4 year cried on the last day and unpacked the case to put everything back in the drawers so we could stay longer, he did not want to leave !

We stayed at in the Fishing Village (Family den room) , the kitchen was a plus for me with a baby as if you have babies having bottles there is a fridge and microwave. ' Our little house' was big and spacious, with main room and kids room both have doors leading to balcony so kids could walk freely around , plus two TV and lots of cupboard space

Its 10 min walk to the water park , around 30-45 min walk to the Harbor (took longer as we walked along the beach front to stop and watch the sunset)
Recommend a stop at Suite 48 for a glass of drink to watch the sun set (there's also a little Tykes play-area to keep the kids entertained )
Location was great, you had the choice of staying the hotel all day/night but also the choice of outside bars and food if you wanted a change of scenery. The Harbor had a variety of traditional taverns and plus the usual fast food places and lots of bars
(burger kings and McDonald's will deliver late at night to the hotel! )

Entertainment program in hotel was fab ...... pool party night, Casino night , Outdoor Movie night (with popcorn, candyfloss, nachos,hotdog carts)

Hotel food had a good selection of food on offer with its theme nights and a kids food section

The mini water park was the highlight with my kids, kept them entertained all day and you felt a little easier than the whole pool was shallow.

We booked the Pirate Ship ....great for a day out and perfect for the kids, get picked up 11.15am and dropped off at 4pm.
My boy got to be a 'Pirate for the day' with treasure hunt , magician on board, got to jump in the sea, face painting, buffet included in the price on board.

Staff was nice and very friendly and always happy to help at the hotel.

Overall a great family holiday :)

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2016

Great holiday

"I travelled with my disabled husband and 8 year old grandson.A couple of hick ups with my husband,but he was taken around the hotel by the owners Son and most of our concerns where corrected.The hotel was clean,never saw a piece of paper a drinks container or anything laying around and every member of staff I met were helpful and pleasant.As long as you remember not to have a bit of everything on your plate at each meal the food is not boring and of a fairly high standard,I would say the veg was the biggest let down.Didnt think much of the other 2 resturants that you could eat in. But perhaps thats me.I think that as with every hotel I have been to,they think British children only eat nuggetts,fish fingers and pitzas.The facilities for my Grandson were very good with lots to do throughout the day if he wished to.Evening entertainment not brilliant"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

Hotels near Aliathon Holiday Village

Stayed at Aliathon Holiday Village? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Aliathon Holiday Village

• jgb71 by jgb71

"Take plenty of sun cream and after-sun. 2litre bottle Pepsi was almost £3 in supermarket "

• jgb71 by jgb71

"We were AI, but the restaurant we visited at the harbourside was lovely. "

• dave by dave

"Only not to go, not good value for money "

• IanHughes99 by IanHughes99

"Brill Holiday, first rate throughout, go and enjoy ! "

• Nicola by Nicola

"Try and stay in the fishing village "

• lesley v by lesley v

"Not really a place if your travelling without children "

Aliathon Holiday Village is also called