This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Akteon Holiday Village

Change the entertainment

Reviewed Tue 3rd of July 2012

"We were not impressed with check-in. We live in Cyprus and unfortunately do not have a printer at the moment. We wrote down the booking reference hoping this would suffice. We were advised to get back in our car and go into town and email them our booking. We showed them the booking reference. She even had a sheet of paper infront of her with our name and reference which matched ours. We asked if we could use their computer and she advised us their internet is not free and we would have to pay. Not helpful. After we insisted, we were allowed to check in if we provided the details later. If you can't carry your own suitcause up to your room, you may have to leave your suitcase in reception till someone can bring it to your room.

The hotel looks fantastic and the gardens around the rooms are amazing. The pool is huge. It is very good for kids as there is a large shallow area. This is also good to sunbathe in for the adults! I would get up before 10 to make sure you get a sunbed as they may be gone by then. I do think there should be a few more sunbeds as we couldn't get a couple till about 3pm.

The view to the sea is lovely and if you fancy a walk, there is a path leading down to a cove where lots of people went swimming late on.

Location - If you're the type of person that wants to leave the all-inclusive for a while and go for drinks elsewhere, you'd have to get a taxi as the bars are not within walking distance. If you're quite happy with staying in the hotel all the time, it's fine.

Rooms - The staying rooms are fine. We were lucky that our aircon was on constant even when we weren't in the room. My partner found the beds unbearable and had to catch up on sleep on his sunbed in the morning. Other people also complained about this. I actually found them fine.

Cats - I happen to like cats but if you're not a fan I'd give this hotel a miss.

Food - The food was hit and miss. I'd always find something I could eat but it wouldn't have been something I would have chosen or necessarily want to eat again. My partner really disliked the food apart from breakfasts and often favoured the snack bar instead. For a treat, we went to the shop and bought ourselves a pizza to have in the room.

Entertainment - Please change it. Having Bingo on every night at 9.30 is okay for the people that want to play Bingo but not for the rest. I also think the price of 5 euros a game is a bit steep to play every night. Like lots of people we sat and played cards instead while we got very drunk so we could cope with the entertainment. The lady singer is terrible and putting the microphone in people's faces hoping they'll sing really isn't good. The fire show was excellent. The cabaret wasn't really that funny. Casino night - no no. It's all very cheesy. Other people we talked to couldn't cope with the food or entertainment and went elsewhere.

I would not say it was 4 star. We were told that the hotel had been downgraded to a 3 star but I don't know how true this is. We wouldn't stay here again because of the entertainment. "

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2012

Nothting for the kids

Reviewed Tue 21st of February 2012

"This is a very good hotel, the rooms are clean and comfy. the food is very good but nothing for children. the bar staff are brilliant. But as we had children there was nothing for them to do, no daytime entertanment and only some thing monday to friday on an evening. The reception was very rude and not helpfull. I know its febuary but this is not what we asked for, we wanted some thing for a family and this is not a family friendly hotel. Had a great holiday thought thanks to the bar staff."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of February 2012

AKTEON HOLIDAY VILLAGE

Reviewed Wed 19th of October 2011

"The main building itself and its architecture and design cannot be faulted. What a lovely place!
However, with a bit of money spent on the complex, it could be a really fantastic place.

Renew the sunbeds. Add balcony lighting. More secure door handles and locks required for peace of mind and security. Change the mattresses at regular intervals. Replace and secure broken toilet seats. Update the tv,s. Remove all roaming cats from the restaurant areas. Review the entertainment programme and seriously update as you need to keep people on site as there is not much else around. Good entertainment will give you bigger profits at the bar! Try to eliminate insects within the rooms.

All staff were very friendly, multi-languaged and very helpful. The food was typical holiday hotel type. Drink prices were relatively expensive.
Bedding was clean and fresh and bathroom to a fair standard. Rooms were large and spacious.
Yes you do have to walk 200m to the main road to get the local "cheap" bus and it is situated in an up and coming area that may take a few years to fully develop.

Above all, it provided a great holiday despite the negative items, which could be put right with a bit of money thrown at it. Yes I would go back.
Never heard any complaints. Take it in your stride and remember its not the UK."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2011

Amzing

Reviewed Tue 19th of April 2011

"Absolutly brilliant. Food was gorgous and plenty of variety. pool is big, clean and safe for kids as on a slope. Gym is very basic however spa is excellent. Indoor pool is decent size however every time we went in our eyes always stung from the amount of chlorine. Whole hotel was spotless and all staff were friendly. All inclusive was well worth playing for as got any drinks from 10am - 12pm including alcohol/cocktails. Entainment was different every night however one night there was a greek night, where the greek was balancing glasses on his head. When he got to about 15 glasses, they all fell off and smashed!! Kids club staff were amazing with kids, even the shy ones. Kids club was twice a day with loads of activities in a fun and safe eviroment. The beach below the Akteon is not for use as its is rocks, however just down the road there is some brilliant beaches.I was with a party of about 20, 4 of which were 6 years old. On the greek night they did not like anything so the chef spoke to us and specialy cooked fish fingers and chips for them which made our day. "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of April 2011

fantastic

Reviewed Thu 16th of December 2010

"The Akteon Holiday village is a warm friendly hotel the staff more than helpful,we found the food to be up to a very good standard with lots of variety,the entertainment day time as well as evening was second to none the best we have ever had in all our years of visiting Cyprus WELL DONE AJ .WE WILL BE BACK THANK YOU"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of December 2010

Akteon could be a great hotel if it improved some area's.

Reviewed Tue 31st of August 2010

"We have just returned from the Akteon Holiday Village where we did have a nice holiday and met some great people, however when we first arrived I was really disappointed and thought we had made a really bad choice. The week we arrived was w/c 10th August this unfortunately was the week that the hotel was at full capacity, this hotel is used by Greek/Cypriots for their holidays either for a week or we found the majority of them come for a 3/4 day break. I would say that the hotel during this week was about 95% Greek/Cypriot and only 5% English. The pool was so packed and every sun bed was taken. We had to ensure our lilo's and balls at the pool were guarded as the children did not think anything of helping themselves to our things. We also found it disturbing that the people thought it was ok to use the showers by the pool as toilets, they could not be bothered to walk their children to the main toilets, we did complain to the hotel reception about this and request that they put up a sign. One day a child was sick in the pool and the parent thought it was ok to let the child be sick down the filter at the side of the pool. Be warned people do reserve their sun beds here for the whole duration of their stay. So as soon as you arrive find some empty beds and put your towels on them, we left our towels on the same beds for two weeks and did not take them off. If you put your hotel towels on the beds you may find them gone in the morning as the cleaners do remove them every morning. I found most of the hotel to be spotless and there are a big team of cleaners working at this hotel, however I think they need to spend a bit more time cleaning the swimming pool. In the grout of the pool there was loads of slim where it had not been clean properly and this also made it very slippery. I watched the pool man cleaning the pool one morning and he only did the bare minimum around the edge. The pool here is massive but very good and safe for small children as it is on a slope so they can run in and out as if they are at the beach. There is a life Guard on duty all day but I am not sure how much life saving he could actually do while he is texting on his phone.
If we went to get a drink the bar staff served the Greeks or the self catering guest first before us. The pool staff were not very friendly and hardly ever smiled. The Greeks are allowed Frappe coffee's but when we asked for one we were told we would have to pay the Greek All Inclusive people had paid extra apparently. When we asked the hotel manager about this he said the Greeks are allowed frappe's but not Cappuccinos like the English can have.
The pool snack bar serves really good food, toasted Sandwiches, jacket potatoes, salad, omelette, hamburgers and fish fingers. The trouble is there are restricted hours for which all inclusive guest's can eat there. The times are between 10 - 12 or 3 - 5, these are the exact hours the Kids club run so if your children are quite fussy eaters you will have to take them out of kids club to enable them to eat at the snack bar.
As an all inclusive guest you can have as many drinks as you like between 10am and 12midnight, however every time we went to the bar we did feel as if they bar staff were looking at us thinking 'another one'!. During the day drinks are served in plastic cups but at night they are served in glasses. The cocktails are great and there are lots to choose from however you have to pay for Pimms. If you want water you can get it from the bar but if you want bottled water you have to pay for it. We drank the water from the pump for two weeks and I did not get ill. The children can have as many ice creams as they want from the pool bar, there is chocolate, vanilla or Strawberry.
The entertainment team are excellent and work very hard to make sure everyone has a good holiday. Emma, AJ, Anais, Emma 2 and Stacey. My children loved going to kids club twice a day with Emma and Stacey and really looked forward to the children’s disco in the evening. The Cabaret night was really good with some fantastic dancing. We played bingo every night but unfortunately we did not win, one night the prize total was £350 euro's!.
The food is served in a nice big restaurant and is always a buffet, the first week the food was excellent but by the second week it felt as if whatever was left over from breakfast and lunch was then used in the salad for the evening meal. We always found something to eat and never went hungry. The restaurant is very clean and was only busy at breakfast time, I think this was because of the people staying on a bed and breakfast basis.
Our room was clean and spacious. We had a one bedroom apartment with two twin beds and two camp beds in the sitting room. As most of the guests at this hotel are self catering the room has a large fridge, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle. Al lot of people who booked sea views did not get them when they first arrived at the hotel.
The hotel is located about 10mins drive away from the main town therefore If you were self catering it would be hard to find somewhere to eat and a decent supermarket unless you had a car. It cost us 10 Euros to get a cab into the main town.
There is a great indoor pool next to the spa and hairdressers. We use to go here for a swim to cool down. The pool outside was so hot from the sun. My husband went for a full body massage and said it was fantastic. We used the gym every day, it had really good air con. There was a running machine, 2 bikes and cross trainer and some free weights.
Do not expect to see the Thomas Cook Rep during your stay at the Aketon. He only visits the hotel next door called the St George. When it was time for us to go home he did not even put up the flight times or let us know what time our coach was coming to collect us. We had to track him down to find out the details.
I would say that if you go with a good crowd or you meet some good people here you will have a great holiday. The views of the sea from the hotel are great and the sun sets are beautiful. I think if you are going with teenagers they may possibly get bored but if you are going with a young family you will find it very child friendly. We had a very relaxing week and meet some great people, the weather was fantastic. Would I go back, probably not.

• Travel date: Fri 27th of August 2010

Amazing Holiday

Reviewed Mon 26th of July 2010

"Akteon Holiday Village was an amazing hotel. The entertainment team made it fantastic and created activities to do all day long. The four entertainment staff were brilliant (AJ, Anis, Emma and Sophia!) They were great with the children and even the adults. The food was good, a wide range of foods in a large buffet, served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also there is a range of snacks during the day. The pool is perfect to cool down and great for the children with a shallow section to the pool. The bar and dining staff were great, especially Martin and George, who were extremely helpful and polite. The rooms in several reviews are described as basic, however i discovered them to be really nice, with everything you will need. I would strongly advise anybody to go to Akteon Holiday Village. It was fantastic!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of July 2010

Amazing!!!

Reviewed Mon 28th of June 2010

"Dont listen to the rest! A holiday is wat u make it and if u go for a good time then that is what ul get!!! Entertainment team were fantastic (Anis, AJ, Emma and Sophia)!! Food was plentiful!! Room was fine but we dont spend that much time in there! Weather amazing! Guests friendly staff friendly. Every time me and my partner got to the bar our drinks were ready for us and we were all inclusive which meant they were not getting any thing for it! We loved it so much we have already booked for next year! Our son loved the pool and staff and is still talkig about them now! We didnt want to come home! The shows were great and we missed the entertainment team when they had their one day off a week! So my advice is to ignore the rest and just go for it!! Ul be missing out on a great holiday if u dont!!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2010

Not no way! Not no how!, ever again!!

Reviewed Fri 28th of May 2010

"How anyone can say this is 4* is beyond me.Very outdated poor quality recyled food.Staff with bad manners. We had 3 room changes due to fumes/Ants etc. Bar manager very rude and threatening if you dare to complain. Reception not quick to respond to complaints and make excuses to stop you complaining to the top man (general manager).
Bed bugs, half the sun beds broke (got whiplash from one) generaly poorly maintained with a shortage of staff for this purpose so I would expect even more decline of standards in the future. Slept last 3 nights on settee to avoid being eaten alive, other people said they had same prob.Food repetative tastless and unimaginative, put on weight from all the greese.Very bad for all inclusive, they are controling what you get with waiter service and are not quick to serve you, they seem much nicer to guests that are paying for their drinks etc and giving tips. Also they serve substandard food with separate menu to all inc guests. First and last time in Cyprus if this is what passes for 4*,,Go at your peril"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of May 2010

Catering to the masses

Reviewed Tue 4th of May 2010

"To start with it is a long way from the harbour, even by taxi its more than 10 minutes. Normally the bus stop is 5 minutes or more from the hotel Apart from the hotel, which only provides buffet evening meal,you have to brave the local roads to get to a restuarant. The staff were less than welcoming, my flight arrived 3.5 hours late so got there at midnight, no offer of food or explanation of anything. just a key and little map, find your way on your own amongst the 50 blocks of apartments. The really loud music kicks off at 10pm unitl 1 or later so tough luck if your room anywhere near the main building (mine was) the up side was that my apartment was nice, very clean and did give me the promised sea view. Breakfast wasn't up to much. little choice of food lunch times"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of May 2010

ok but not great

Reviewed Wed 28th of October 2009

"myself and my family and family friends have just spent 10 days at the Akteon village in paphos, cyprus. The village was a little outdated.Some of the staff were very rude and this also included resturant and bar management.The place was clean but could be alittle better. The food was very good which goes to most of the rating i have given.Entertainment was poor for children and adults. I dont think this is the staffs fault who do the entertainment because they can only work with the tools they are given. There is no way that the Akteon is a 4 star village.This was are first visit to Cyprus and have to say that the island is fantastic and beautiful and the people we met when out and about were lovely to. We will not be going back to the Akteon village."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of October 2009

great holiday

Reviewed Fri 2nd of October 2009

"just got back from akteon village had a great holiday would roccomend it to anyone, this was our third trip to paphos and our first time all inclusive as cypros has got very expensive. accomadation was clean and served its purpose,entertainment staff rico,kez nikki,andrea and eva were fantastic nikki made us laugh all the time.the food was very good you would never starve thats for sure. most of the staff were verynice but some were quite misserable and made you feel like they were doing you a favour by giving you a drink even though that is what you paid for by being all inclusive. Think milk shake should be includeded in all inclusive as if you had three children that wanted a milk shake it would cost you £10.50 very expensive and a bit of a con. the complex itsself was excellant pool area very nice, the only downside is the location,but is accessible by a reliable bus service.if you do look to eat out then i would reccomend the devonshire restaurant just of the tomb of the kings road opposite venus beach hotel, this restaurant is run by chris and his brother peter very friendly and excellant food, the best fishcake in cyprus. when we go back to the akteon next year we will include car hire in our holiday. one of the best holidays we have had"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

Hotels near Akteon Holiday Village

Top traveller tips for Akteon Holiday Village

• karen080309.150309 by karen080309.150309

"There is something for everyone regardless of what you are looking for. "

• karen080309.150309 by karen080309.150309

"The Akteon food was so good and varied that we felt no need to go anywhere else. Coral Bay is lovely "

• sheribromell by sheribromell

"we visited the harbour the views are beautiful . "

• Kizlulu by Kizlulu

"paphos is wonderfull lots to do and see "

• suelee by suelee

"love paphos and the people are so nice "

• suelee by suelee

"devonshire restaurant best fichcake in cyprus "

• carolyn ronning by carolyn ronning

"the mountains are breathtaking "

• carolyn ronning by carolyn ronning

"trodos mountains and corol beach "

• Legs by Legs

"Ok if young group not bothered about service "

• cuff72 by cuff72

"This hotel is not fantastic for anything apart from sun and you can get that anywhere "

• E Davies by E Davies

"Great time to be had!! "

• UK Resident by UK Resident

"Very hot, perfect holiday for the whole family "

• GIGGLER by GIGGLER

"You must try this hotel "

• Sophie by Sophie

"Take goggles if your going to use the indoor pool. "

Akteon Holiday Village is also called