Pool 1

• paid wifi
  • currency exchange
  • secured parking
  • shared lounge tv area
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • telephone
  • greek amenities
  • sun umbrellas
  • russian amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • paid internet
  • interconnected rooms available

Good

Hotel Agapinor/Paphos Refugee hostel

Reviewed 5th July 2012

"My sister and I have just returned from two weeks at the Apaginor hotel Paphos or as it should be known the “Refugee Hostel Paphos”. It is supposedly rated as 3 stars, but in reality should be minus 3 stars. There is no information in the brochures or on the Jet 2 web site about the refugees being in residence at the hotel, so until you arrive you are not aware of the situation. The whole of the first floor is used by the refugees and one or two rooms on the second and third floors. Two thirds of the lower ground floor is used for them also, leaving a small dining room for the paying guests. Most of the surrounding area is very run down and the few shops which are still in the surrounding area are apparently only there until their lease has expired as they have no wish to be in that area any longer. The food is unappetising and uninteresting, generally meat and chicken with runner beans every night. But there is also salad and a good sweet selection. Breakfast is just as uninteresting, and one morning we were served raw sausages in the hot tray. The rooms are clean but very dated and run down like the rest of the hotel. There is not enough staff so the service at the bars leaves a lot to be desired. There is no entertainment at the hotel and it is very dismal in the evenings as all the lights in the bar area are turned off at 11pm whether there are people still in the area or not. Health & Safety does not seem important as the main fire door in the restaurant is locked at 6pm every day to prevent access to the pool. There is no disabled access anywhere in hotel; this is also not mentioned in the brochures or web site. There are 3 very steep and dangerous steps leading to the swimming pool, but no hand rail, so it is very difficult with people who have walking difficulties, to access the swimming pool. The bathrooms are also dated and have no grab rails over the bath, so showering is very difficult and dangerous. Finally most of the staff are very nice and helpful except for one receptionist by the name of Tom who was extremely rude to me when I complained about the fire door being locked when people were on the premises. He shouted at me in the main reception and told me I was rude and LAZY, because I was unable to climb the very steep hill at the side of the hotel. (I use two sticks to walk with.) If this type of behaviour is tolerated by management then the hotel has a lot to answer for, and damages their reputation. I waited for an apology, whilst I was there and I’m still waiting. I have not given up on Cyprus but I have given up on Hotel Agapinor. "

• Travel date: 5th July 2012

bad bad bad

Reviewed 30th July 2012

"i can not find anything nice to say about this terrible hotel the rooms are dirty,the food is crap the pool is cold,the place is full of asylum seekers,and the management are rude. i would not send my worst enemy here.the so called light all-anclusive is a joke.the only thing i can recommend is to run away from this place as fast as you can.do not stay here."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2012

Ban this hotel

Reviewed 23rd June 2012

"Do not take children here. This is not a children friendly hotel. My Grandaughter was the only paying child here had a pool to herself. I was told by staff to get moved, not as easy as that we had to spend all our holiday there with unfriendly management. As paying guests we had to share half the hotel with immigrants. The immigrant men watching you sunbathing made you feel very uneasy. This Hotel is also used to rent rooms out by the hour. This Hotel needs removing from every holiday brocher. The only good thing was the Weather."

• Travel date: 21st June 2012

I say no no no

Reviewed 14th March 2012

"never again. monotonous food over/under friendly staff lots of 'no's no tea facilities in room no fridge no lock on inside of bedroom door no water on tables no updated info on weather - attractions not warm enough in public area not told about asylum seakers good points: clean hotel, nice cleaners , nice views (sea side) "

• Travel date: 13th March 2012

total crap

Reviewed 30th September 2011

"just came back from this hotel total joke the hotel is half full with asylum seekers there all over this hotel do not go there you wiil be shocked in the pool up & down in the lifts day & night choose somewhere else in paphos but please not this dump they say its all inclusive its not"

• Travel date: 30th September 2011

amazing holiday

Reviewed 13th April 2011

"i stayed for a week in feb/march with 5 friends we had an amazing time, the staff were so helpful and friendly gave us all the best advice on where to go. the chef he was such a cheeky chap but good fun and the food was a great choice we went all inclusive and the alcohol options were great too. the room and the hotel was clean, rooms cleaned every day. the pool looked great we jumped in once but bit cold with the time of year. overall one of the best hotels i have been on that good 4 of us are looking to book up 1st June for 2 weeks again so see you soon. thanks again xx "

• Travel date: 10th April 2011

If you are under 70 dont go there.

Reviewed 16th December 2010

"We went to this hotel March 2010, it is an hotel for old people, it caters for long term winter breaks of 6 weeks or more for pensioners to have a winter break from the UK coldness, nothing wrong with that. Unless you are under 70 which is the problem. a] by 10.30 all the old folks have gone to their beds so everything starts to shut down. b] the entertainment [2 days a weeks] also caters for older folk [crooner singer, 1960s disco] c] The food is ok for the price, no complaints. d] The location is the worst bit, it is too far from the town centre and is high up on the hill, there is a market in the daytime but it shuts early. Everything is cosed in the evening and there is nothing to do in the area. e] Bus transport is ok in the day but ends at 5pm. Then it is taxi at 10 euros each way!!. f] If you must stay here, dont get a room that overlooks the street, by 6am the traffic noise [and view] is so bad you cant sleep. Pay 10 euro a day extra for a sea view for a decent sleep and view [even if the sea is 5 miles away] g] we booked all inclusive but when we arrived it mysteriously turned into all inclusive 'light' which seems to be a new phrase, it means you csn only have 'crap' local drinks instead of decent ones. h] This hotel caters for pensioners, if you are a pensioner you might like it. If you are under 70 I would try somewhere else. "

• Travel date: 15th December 2010

Not quite all inclusive

Reviewed 14th April 2009

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel the last week in March 09 and before we went had heard so much about Cyprus we were really looking forward to our first visit. Unfortunately I don't feel we got it quite right, this was definitely the wrong time to come to this hotel as firstly it was mostly retired couples who were staying here. The hotel, although it states central, is actually about 3kms from the centre of the town where most of the resort is actually based down at the harbour but it actually located right in the middle of the shopping area with most of the front room balconies looking into the main street with lots of cars etc passing by.We had to pay an extra 54Euro to upgrade to a sea/pool view as the room we were allocated was to the front and was small and quite dingy looking but it was worth it as this room was much better. We booked our holiday as we thought "all inclusive" so were quite disappointed to find that this hotel only did "light inclusive" (in all my years travelling this was the fist time I had ever heard of this - meals were included but drinks could only be local beer, wine, tea or soft drinks and only to 11pm)As I don't drink any of the beers or wine we had to pay about 5Euro for every drink I had - as we had already paid quite a high price for the holiday this added yet more to our overall cost on top of the upgrade cost. The selection of food was also very basic and unfortunately on my 2nd day there I got food poisoning and was very ill for >24hrs of my holiday. As we felt let down we decided to hire a car and this was probably the best thing we done (although more cost-112Euro for 2dys) as we got out and about and saw some of the splendid scenery that really was breathtaking! If I went back it definitely wouldn't be to Agapinor as it was very disappointing from all aspects. "

• Travel date: 14th April 2009

Agapinor

Reviewed 15th January 2009

"Stayed at this hotel last year. Arrived at hotel on sunday evening about eight oclock, to find resturant had shut, thought we would just have to go outside to find plenty of resturants, what a joke everything was shut roundabout the hotel. Walked up to the Market all shut as well Ended walking about two miles before we found a pizza resturant. The location of this hotel was terrible. Sea view a joke take your telescope, the sea was in the distance. If you like Mothercare marks and spencers, they were next door.You were a good forty five minutes walk in to the town of Paphos, last bus was at seven oclock. Two lots of entertainments a week, pub next door had a singer on couple of times a week. NO FRIDGE IN ROOM .ROOMS KEPT CLEAN THOUGH BREAKFAST BASIC BUT PLENTY OF IT AS MUCH COFFEE AND TEA AS YOU LIKE. Pool area was clean and plenty of sun beds a bit crammed at times good thing you were not allowed in pool till after ten after breakfast had finished, bad thing though pool shut at six oclock. Staff were all friendly though, and hotel itself was comfortable. "

• Travel date: 13th January 2009

Our first visit to Cyprus and the locati...

Good
Reviewed 18th August 2008

"Our first visit to Cyprus and the location was picked purely on availability combined with sun and temperatures in late October. Very pleased with choice, we thought accommodation, particularly with a sea view balcony, was adequate and the food very good value for money with plenty of choice. The location was a little away from the harbour but fine if you enjoyed walking. The staff were helpful and pleasant throughout our stay. We preferred to be out and about so were not interested in the entertainment which appeared to cater for more elderly guests, 60+ rather than us more sprightly 50's! I would certainly stay there again."

• Travel date: 18th August 2008

Small, clean Hotel, quiet in evenings

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"We spent a week at the Agapinor Hotel in April having booked a late deal on line. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. We had a room overlooking the pool and out towards the sea (quite a distance). If you have a room on the other side of the Hotel you will overlook a fairly busy road. The room was basic but clean. The room was cleaned daily although towels and bed linen only changed twice a week. We were half board, breakfasts ok, evening meal well depends on how fussy you are! Meal choice could be very boring if you are there for more than a week as there was not much variety, also some strange combinations of food but I guess that's what you get when you are abrod! Puddings were delicious tho! The Hotel is situated on a busy road, about 20/30 minutes walk downhill to the harbour but there is a bus stop right outside the Hotel and the buses are cheap and regular. The market is a 5 minute walk up the hill from the Hotel and there are some shops (M & S!) and restaurants on the way. The Hotel was very quiet in the evenings, I think there was entertainment one night per week and so if you are looking for a lot to do in the evenings you will need to go out and about. The pool is quite small (and very cold when we were there!). I would say this Hotel is ideal for older couples but of limited interest to families as there is nothing really for families to do."

• Travel date: 29th May 2008

Ronnie and Anne Dundee

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We have just returned from the Agapinor Hotel 04/03/08 after spending one week there. The hotel itself was quite nice, just above average of what you would expect for 3* in Cyprus. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were cleaned daily with linen and towels changed twice in the week. We went there for my partners 50th birthday, (her choice) having never been to Cyprus before. Apart from two other couples we were the youngest there (by a good bit). The food sadly was another experience. The breakfast was the same everyday.Tea, coffee and toast so far so good. The bacon? was like a tinned spam very thinly sliced/shaved then grilled, the scrambled egg was powdered egg, the boiled eggs like bullets with black around the yolk. The sausages were the tinned hot dog variety and I suppose beans are beans. The evening meal can be described simply as...simple. The burger/meatball thingys were bland/awful,the roast chicken pieces were swimming in watery fluid the beef strogonoff was cheap meat stew, vegetables consisted of sprouts or cabbage. After two attempts we ate out for the rest of the holiday. Having a drink back at the hotel on our last night, we were speaking to two new arrivals and they asked what the food was like, trying not put a downer on the start of their holiday, I said it was an aquired taste but I believe 8 out of 10 breeders recommend it. I will go back to Paphos and maybe stay at the Agapinor but would not go full, half or any board basis."

• Travel date: 6th March 2008

Hotels near Agapinor Hotel

Top traveller tips for Agapinor Hotel

• by dazzler68

"change hotel before its to late"

• by Hazel T

"If your booked here get your opperator to move you to a different hotel before you leave home"

• by spunky

"Over 70 great place, under 70 go elsewhere."

• by monicamac

"Went to small village near Polis called Latchi was beautiful with lovely fresh seafood restaurants. "

• by Sheila rae

"If you are looking for entertainment pick a hotel nearer Paphos."

Agapinor Hotel is also called