Great Staff

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Was here for a wedding -the hotel staff was amazing -kept track of everything and front desk knew who you were. Very helpful with arranging taxis and such. The Hotel also serves as a club for wealthy locals and business set. Men in suits have tea and coffee in the lobby, kids go to camp at the pool. It is fun to see the locals at work & play -but if you prefer mellow quite, do not stay here -the vibe is metropolitain. I do not think I would spend too long here as a tourist bc the coastal areas are so beautiful -but it was good to see the old city and the green line. The city has vast history -well worth hiring a local guide to point out sites and help you avoid the chotsky shops that haunt the old city. City has some great clubs -try Arabesque on a Sunday"

• Travel date: 2nd September 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"What can I say? A superb hotel, with superb faclities. Maybe not well placed for holidays, but maybe for a bit of pampering! If on business, go for it!"

• Travel date: 31st May 2006

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in May 2006. I would say this is mainly for business people, with Nicosias being the commercal capital of Cyprus. Service is 5* and the hotel is extremely elegant and immaculately maintained. The pool is beautiful as you will see from my photos. A tip - make sure you get a pool facing room - I was originally in a room overlooking a busy motorway (teh countryside view!) but changed without any hassle and the place was then completrely different. Overall, superb 5* hotel."

• Travel date: 19th May 2006

They took great care of me!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I stayed in the Hilton Cyprus for a little over a week for business. It was excellent! I was on the executive floor and had access to the executive lounge and Mr. George took great care of me. I highly recommend this hotel. As for tourism, I wouldn't stay in Nicosia. I would stay at one of the beaches-- Paphos or Larnaca."

• Travel date: 28th February 2006

Excellent

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Stayed for a couple of days in July, rooms very clean, decor excellent. Service was great, for example offered to put our bags aside on our day of departure whilst we attended a meeting and then gave us a curtesy room free to change in when we returned. Really good business hotel. Also great outdoor swimming pool."

• Travel date: 25th August 2005

Mediterranean Elegance

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"The Nicosia Hilton is beautiful - there are palm trees and beautiful greenery surrounding the outside entrance. Once you enter the grand, beautiful lobby there are comfortable couches and tables to sit at. The room was a decent size and was well kept. There is a balcony off the room and depending on where you are located in the hotel, you may have a view of the pool. It does take a bit of time to walk into town from the hotel, but there are several restaurants and shops that are within walking distance. There are also several shops in the hotel, including a shop to buy sodas, magazines, etc, which is very convenient. The breakfast buffet is amazing - fruits, fresh breads/baked goods, meats, etc. The presentation was beautiful and we never had difficulty getting a table. Within the lobby there is seating that you can be served at. This was very enjoyable, sitting in the beautiful lobby and enjoying tea and dessert. I attended as part of a study tour with my graduate program. We had several dinners in private rooms, and they were all excellent. The Friday night we left, there was a singer in the bar/lounge. He sang cover songs and was very expressive. This definitely added to the enjoyable environment. There are pools - both indoor and outdoor. I did not swim in either one, but they both looked nice. There is a decent sized gym and also a spa for those that choose to partake. All in all, this was a luxurious hotel. The staff was very helpful. I would definitely return to the Hitlon Nicosia."

• Travel date: 11th August 2005

Excellent place to stay and dine

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Very good first-class hotel in Nicosia. We stayed in an executive room for one night with complimentary early check-in and breakfast at the lounge level, plus wine and fruit in the room on arrival. On-site therapist offered quality massage and there is a fine selection of shops. Everything went smooth and the staff were very helpful. Food quality was good too and the customised lunch box that we ordered on departure was just fabulous. PS: Don't forget to try out the buffet lunch with its wide selection. Ole & Pia Bernth"

• Travel date: 8th June 2005

Impressive hotel, but not perfect...

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We stayed a couple of days in Nicosia for tourism at the end of our stay in Cyprus. Impressive hotel, great swimming-pool, good food. We got upgraded to the Excutive level and enjoyed the lounge there. And the room was quite nice. Brand new bathroom equipment. The hotel was almost empty (it was August), but they managed to lodge someone in the room next door and then there was a noise problem again. I can't understand why they did not plan for sound insulation in such a good hotel. Listening to my neighbour's TV is not my cup of tea at night... and the problem seems to happen more and more."

• Travel date: 11th March 2005

Great business hotel

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Stayed here for a week in July 2004, and 2 weeks in October 2004, and agree 100% with the previous reviewer from London. This is a great hotel for a business traveller. All the advantages you would expect of a 5-star, including a fantastic pool, good food and pleasant staff. For the tourist traveller, it may be an idea to find something closer into town as there is very little of interest in the immediate vacinity (apart from an excellent restaurant 100 yards down the road) although, in fairness, Nicosia is only a small town and the Old Town can be reached in about 20 minutes by foot. One advantage of the location is that it is on the main road out of town, which means you can drive to a decent beach in less than an hour without any of the traffic hassles of getting out of the city."

• Travel date: 21st January 2005

Great hotel

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I stayed here on business in May 2004 and would recommend it to anyone visiting Nicosia. It has large and well furnished rooms, good sports facilities and a health club. The restaurants serve a combination of local and international food - the lunchtime buffet is excellent! Be warned though that it is about 20 minutes walk to the centre of town."

• Travel date: 9th July 2004