Not reccomended

Reviewed Wed 10th of August 2011

"The rooms are not those of a five stars hotel. The photos in the hotel’s website might be the suites, not the common family rooms.

From the first day of our accommodation our bodies became full of bugs bites which needed cortisone and antistaminic medicine.

At the breakfast we discovered their ecological dish washer: Cats all over the used plates were licking every trace of food!

The staff is willing to help, but that’s not enough…

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2011

Unquestionably NOT a 5* .. Not advised for Vegetarians

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Having just returned from the 'St Raphael' hotel, Limassol I would without a doubt definately not award this hotel, a 5* rating. I would however assign the hotel 3*, this being exclusive of the food/meals provided.

As an all inclusive guest at the hotel I would have to comment that the only advantage of being under that board basis was that I did not get dehydrated. All inclusive drinks were not throughout the drinks menu, in addition if you requested two drinks that were individually considered all inclusive but were not included on the menu as a combination e.g. vanilla milkshake with bailies, then you may well have to pay for that drink!

As a vegetarian I struggled to find food that I could eat. Both at lunch times and dinner times the main dining areas were mainly meat and fish dishes. There was salad, however having experienced an upset stomach on a number of occasions I avoided them at all costs. The only recommendation I can give, is if there is no food you like at dinner make the most of the evening snacks or have a word with a waitor or chef as some are happy to make you something to your taste.

The hotel was kept very clean and I can not fault the maids or cleaning staff, however some staff members should become more strict on parents with young children whom fail to cover children up in the pool. Twice in three days the pool had to be closed due to two incidents involving somebody defaecating in the pool. This was most unplesant and may reason why so many guests had chest infections, ear infections and upset stomachs.

All in all I can't fault the hotel for its cleanliness, excluding the pool incident. The food is very much below 5* standards and I failed to see any a la carte dining or show cooking as advertised. I reccomend any future guests to talk to staff if you are not happy with the food. My reccomendation would be if you're planning on staying at this hotel, opt for the bed and breakfast basis and dine at pizza express in Limassol where the food is delicious and the service fantastic!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

GREAT HOTEL

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Myself, husband and 2 children aged 8 and 1 stayed here for 2 weeks 22/7/07 to 5/8/07. The hotel is a long way out of the shopping centre of Limassol but you only need to jump on the No. 30 bus and it takes you there in about 20 mins. There is not much around the hotel except a couple more hotels and mini supermarkets but this is really not a problem as the hotel has absolutely everything you could possibly need. We stayed in the new wing, the rooms are fantastic and have bunk beds and plenty of room for a cot. Bottled water is left in the room every day. We spent most of the time around the pool in the new wing and there were very few occasions when there were no sunbeds available. The food at the pool snach bar is lovely, pizza, chicken, salmon, chips and a lovely salad bar - something for everyone. The desserts are beautiful in the snack bar and main restaurant. The breakfast was nothing to shout about but again something for everyone. The staff are all so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is 1st class and we would certainly recommend it."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Lovely Family Holiday

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I stayed at this hotel with my family (10 adults and 4 children) and I can honestly say we had a fantastic holiday.

You could not fault the food at all, it was of an excellent standard with a huge amount of choice. There was definately something for everyone at each meal time, the children were well catered for (my daughter particularly taking a liking to the chocolate fountain that is going every lunchtime!).

The pool area was clean with lots of sunbeds always available. The swim-up bar was great and finished our day of sunbathing off nicely. The children loved the water slide and kids pool and spent most of the day playing there. The playground was also great for the children and they all had lots of fun.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The reception staff I found were exceptional and the few problems we had were sorted efficiently and quickly. A special thanks goes to Sasha at the pool bar who went out of his way to ensure we were all happy and well looked after.

The evening entertainment wasn't the best, and was possibly the only thing I would critise, some nights were better than others but on the whole, they could do with tables and chairs being put out for you to sit and have a drink whilst watching the entertainment rather than having to either sit in the ampetheatre where you couldn't really have a drink or pirch on the sunbeds.

We stayed in a family room which was nice and spacious and provided us with everything we needed (including a sterliser for our baby's bottles). It was clean and comfortable.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would definately go back. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday with good food and plenty to drink, this is definately for you!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Fantastic holiday

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Party of nine just returned from a fabulous week at this hotel. We were made to feel welcome by all of the staff and they couldnt do enough for us. Hotel spotless rooms comfortable and food lovely. No they dont have chicken nuggets every night, but the snack bar is open at 10.30pm for burgers and chips etc. so if you have fussy eaters like my children they can always find someting to eat, mine even had the snacks delivered to thier rooms along with a bottle of tomato ketchup. Swim up bar was bliss hello Christina, in the middle of a heatwave a nice cool drink or icecream was to die for. Sunbeds could be found at any time of the day. Pool never crowded. Not much to do for teenagers at night, but they all got together to play football each night and made their own fun. All in all a great time. Big hello to Kirsten, Jodie, Syliva, Emily and all the gang. Email me Kirsten I have some news for you.
Hello to all the people we met, wish we were still there
Sharon Mick Lourraine Richard Rachael Zadie Russell George and Charlie
[email protected]"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

A great time

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"Okay 2 adults 1 child (10) , Stayed here for 1 week 11/07/07 - 19/07/07 , After reading somewhat mixed reviews on tripadvisor , I now realise that the people who didn't give it a good rating must enjoy their 1st class lifestyle and looking down on other people and expecting others to wipe their backsides for them . The hotel was spotless , the grounds were spotless , the section of the beach the hotel has was spotless , the staff were extremely polite and very helpful . The food was abundant in choice and to be honest if you couldn't find something you liked then I don't know how you get through your day to day eating requirements !! Maybe Tesco's don't have enough choice for you either !! . There are plenty of sunbeds to be had , But a word of warning whilst it is nice to sit around the pool the heat can be stifiling in the midday sun , Much better to sit on on the sunbeds on the grass either under the shade of an umbrella or one of the trees enjoying the nice breeze that's coming off the med which is where we chose to spend our "out of sun time". There is some building work going on to the left of the hotel but and I dare say it will be there for quite a while , But there was only 1 day when we heard any real noise , But it didn't affect anything . The outer area (about 2km out) around which the hotel is set is very barren you will see this as you get your transfer to the resort and I would imagine sooner or later there will be one hell of a lot of development work , villas etc being built . But that will be going on outside of the hotel grounds so it might not be to bad . One other thing Saturday / Sunday got very busy where the locals come to the beach , But can't really complain about that ....After all it is their country !!! , All in all we had a excellent time and I would recommend it ."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Best Hotel Ive Ever Stayed In

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"The most wonderful hotel ever, I can not fault it in anyway!! Apart from it is a good 10min ride on the bus into Limassol.

Staff are so friendly, esp children friendly, restaurant has excellent food, rooms are spotless and hotel is beautiful inside, pools are lovely and there are enough sunbeds for everyone."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Absolutely Brilliant

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I have just returned from our holiday at this resort with my husband and 2 young children along with 39 friends. We travelled out there for a wedding. We (as a whole group) could not fault anything about the hotel.

The staff were extremely polite and helpful.
The food was excellent with plenty of choice, especially for my children as they are only 4 years and 21 months. There was always some chips available from the pool restaurant in the afternoon which would tide them over until the evening meal.

Our room was immaculate, we were lucky and were allocated a family room with the twin marina view. These rooms are very spacious and have a lovely large balcany which was good for the children to play safely on.

We used the babysitting service twice whilst we were there for the week, and she was brilliant (she was actually the maid which cleaned our room) and we thought that for 5 cypriot pounds per hour it was well worth it.

The beach towels were available everyday and were lovely and soft and there were plenty to go around.

We were actually out there for a wedding which took place in the grounds of the hotel. This was all done beautifully and the special meal which was ordered for us was out of this world.

I could go on and on about how good the whole holiday was, but I can only write so much, all I can say is that there were no complaints from any of our 42 crowd for the whole week.

Kate
If you would like any more information please do not hesitate to contact me on [email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Had a fantastic holiday

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We stayed at St Raphael for a week in mid May and 1 week was not enough! We had a lovely, relaxing holiday and I would thoroughly recomend Cyprus and particularly St. Raphael to anyone. The hotel is beautiful,immaculate and well equipped. We stayed in the executive suite with an inland view, the room was lovely, spacious and we could seperate our daughter's room with a sliding door, so we didn't disturb her when sitting on our balcony in the evening. Although most evenings she would wear herself out at the disco, fall asleep and we'd put her in the buggy and sit on the beautiful Captain's terrace for a few drinks...overlooking the sea and marina. The all inclusive program is great and I would reccomend going AI. The drinks included are local wine and beer, but many of the spirits are branded and you can order champagne by the glass, we also took a drink or 2 back to our room in the evening so there is no real need to touch the well stocked mini bar. The food was excellent, the palladium restraunt was beautiful...very large with lovely high ceilings. We had salads to start every night followed by an enormous selection of main courses and desserts. Our daughter, who is 2, ate well the whole holiday, they had children's options of chicken nuggets etc or pastas or fish. We also ate in the Phoenecian, which was lovely with a mezze to start followed by beautiful kebabs served on a grill in the centre of your table.
The pools were great, we only used the pool in the executive block as it was so quiet and handy, but the other one looked lovely too. The executive block pool had a slide which we all loved especially our daughter! There is also a small childrens pool which is quite shallow and is shaded as well. We managed to get 2 loungers next to this pool every day so our daughter could play under the shade with her friend and we could keep an eye on her whilst relaxing in the sun!!
The weather was absolutely stunning, with each day hotter than the last!
But the best thing has to have been the staff...who were friendly, remembered our names and to whom nothing was ever to much trouble! I also have to comment on how clean everywhere was - especially the pools and the hundreds of toilets dotted around the hotel...very handy with a recently toilet trained tot!

All in all we had a fantastic holiday...wish we could have stayed another week and we would reccomend this hotel as a great place to relax, eat and drink!!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of June 2007

Fantastic family hotel

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed here for 10 days and wished we had booked 2 weeks!!

The hotel is set outside of limassol - which was not a problem as far as we were concerned, we visited limassol one morning and we were not very impressed with the town itself.

The hotel is set on the beach with its own marina close by and the hotel is also set in beautiful grounds/gardens. The hotel and grounds
are kept immaculately clean by the army of cleaners who still have time to smile and say hello when you see them.

The swimming pools are great especially the new one with the waterslide - kids and adults alike enjoyed going down the slide!! There is a very shallow baby pool with a sunshade pulled over it for little ones to play in. Then there is another big pool with a swim up bar. There are also 2 very nice playgrounds.

We had a executive suite in the new family block of the hotel for myself,husband and 2 daughters. It was a nice spacious room with plenty of storage space. The kids had bunk beds which they loved - these beds could also be folded away when not needed to give you abit
of extra space and there was also a sliding door which shut off the kids section from the main room so if the kids were in bed you could still watch tv etc in the main room without disturbing them too much.
The bathroom was a good size and nicely decorated. The room also had tea/coffee making facilites in the room and a wall mounted flat screen tv - although the only english channels were sky news and bbc world but that was all we needed. There was a minibar in the room too which was stocked with drinks and snacks but we didnt use it (there is an extra charge for this).The remaining adult in the party had a single room in the main hotel which was also spacious and clean. The safe in the room is free to use as is the computers in the
business center by reception if you want to use the internet.

The food was excellent, Breakfast was in the octogon restaurant - there was the usual eggs (scrambled/boiled/fried) bacon, sausages, tomatoes etc then a choice of 5 cereals, fresh and dried fruit, yoghurt, pancakes, croissents, danish pastries, pain au chocolat etc etc The waiting staff bought tea and/or coffee to the table for you or there were fruit juices or champagne to drink if you wished to!!

Lunch could be taken either in the octogon restaurant (buffet) there is a chocolate fountain going in here every lunchtime with fruit and marshmallows to dip in it - not sure who enjoyed this most- kids or adults!!! Or you could also have lunch in the splash restaurant by the new family block or in the beach bar restaurant - both of these were fast food type things,pizza,beefburgers etc with a big choice of salads and cold meats and cheese.

There was also wide choice of drinks available on all inc. which included a wide variety of cocktails and milkshakes (strawberry, chocolate & vanilla) which were made with 2 scoops of ice cream and were yummy!! you could also get choc ice type ice creams.

Dinner was served in the palladium restaurant which was abit posher than the others but not at all intimidating. The food was excellent here too - we did not ever have a meal where we had to struggle to find something to eat in fact it was more of a problem to decide what
to try first!! For desserts there was a wide choice,including the most delicious cheesecakes and strawberry gateauxs and also cheese & biscuits and fresh fruit.

The staff were all superb without exception from the cleaners right up to the reception staff and restaurant managers all of them were friendly and welcoming and made you feel at home and at ease.

But a special mention has to go to the kids club staff who really looked after the kids and made an effort to make them feel welcome and occupied them with lots of activites - especially on the few days
when it rained when we were there.The kids disco in the evening was also great fun for kids and adults alike. My two girls loved the kids
club and were upset on our last night at the thought of going home but were consoled with hugs and kisses from the staff which shows how
much they care about the kids in their care.

To sum up - a fantastic family all inclusive hotel where you will be made to feel welcome.
We want to go back as soon as possible!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of May 2007

Good Quality Hotel

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Just back from 3 weeks at this hotel, which is outside Limassol (15k) rather than on the outskirts! There is a regular bus, cost £1(Cyprus), and takes 20mins, but it finishes as 8.30pm.
Rooms are clean and all have sea views. Best is the Limassol side, as the other side there is an adjacent building site - new villas I think. There was a little bit of noise from this when lying by the main pool.
Ice machines on each floor, although on the 5th this was missing for all three weeks, and occasionally the 4th floor machine broke down too!
Food is really superb. We were half board and the buffet breakfast is great. Lovely to sit outside on the terrace overlooking the pool, and with our friendly waitress, Gabriella, looking after us.
The buffet dinner is superb, lots of variety, and really good salads, starters, piping hot main courses and wide range of puddings. The Restaurant Manager, Ioannis, is a lovely, friendly man.
Cocktails & spirits are quite pricey, but a large glass of wine is £2.30 (Cyprus) and our lovely evening waitress, Nicoletta, made sure this was always generously filled!
The gym is quite large, with excellent Life Fitness equipment. Control of access to pool/gym towels and the sauna and steam room is rather lax.
The hotel is charging £5/day for access to the sauna & steam room if you are NOT All Inclusive, but I did not know this for two weeks, and was never charged!
Entertainment is a bit limited with an excellent Cypriot (Greek) Dancing group once a week.
There is also the Credo Ballet/Exotic dancers, 4 girls who turn up twice a week with the same routine each time!
Otherwise a pleasant sounding duo in the Bar every evening.
Plenty of nice restaurants nearby if you are only bed & breakfast the third week.
We went on several trips (Louis Tours) a couple of times these arrived late, or we had to change coaches - no explanation or sorry" However once they got going they were very interesting and reasonable value for money.
Overall we enjoyed this as a relaxing holiday venue. The hotel was less than half full and I wonder whether it can cope with 100% occupancy."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007