Summer Holiday

Reviewed Mon 21st of June 2010

" Hotel public areas lovely clean and well staffed. Food very good, just coffee in the morning only warm even when you ask for hot coffee. All inland view rooms are very noisy due to road, racing bikes and karioke. If you can afford it book pool/sea view room then you will have brilliant time. No tea/coffee facilities in rooms which is unusual for 4 star. Bar Staff are friendly and cleaners excellent. Reception staff used to complaints on road noise, so shrug shoulders, which is fair enough if they cannot do anything about it, especially if your unable to upgrade as fully booked. We still had a terrific holiday and slept in the day! Entertainment is on the weak side dont expect high class acts!!! Lovely evening walks on beach prom walkway."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of June 2010

Honeymoon 2 weeks

Reviewed Sat 17th of January 2009

"Great holiday and great hotel.

We went for our honeymoon and loved every miniute, good hotel for any age, couples or familys. Good service and staff. We took the 7 nights flex-dine which we would do again it means u can eat in the hotel the nights you fancy the menu and go out to the local resturaunts (which there are plenty of) some other nights. All inclusive would have been handy for the drinks which can be quite expensive at the hotel but there is such a big range of things for breakfast you probably wont be hungery at dinner time. I would reconmend you eat at the resturante baco at least one night as the food there is exelent. For trips i would recommend the jeep saffari which is interesting and very entertaining. The catamarang trip was great also. The rooms are spacious (We had a superior room with sea view) and very clean. I would recommend that you spend the bit extra to get a sea or pool view room. The only thing that stops the hotel getting a 10 for me was that the entertainment at night wasn't great but it depends what you like i suppose."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of January 2009

Our Family Holiday

Reviewed Sun 7th of December 2008

"We stayed again at the Med Beach and had a lovely time. Breakfast was great, huge variety, staff wonderful, so helpful always. Lunch was even better, prices very reasonable. Rooms very clean and hotel generally very clean. Only criticism there are a few bits and bobs that need to be checked, a few missing pool tiles and lights that do not work in the gardens. Apart from that everything A+. Cant wait to book again for next year."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2008

I have just returned from a great holida...

Reviewed Wed 6th of August 2008

"I have just returned from a great holiday on the island of Cyprus. I stayed at the Med Beach in Limassol, which I booked through expressbookers.com, they had the best rates. The hotel was lovely and the staff very helpful. The rooms were clean and you received pool towels daily. I would recommend this hotel to families who want the perfect getaway.

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

breakfast food luke warm buffet f...

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2008

"breakfast food luke warm buffet food in evening luke warm even when we were there at 7 pm when the buffet started hotel was dead no life most evenings we were only people at bar poor service at bar even though there was only one open not told about this when booking holiday would not give 4 stars after this holiday more like 3 star hotel better eating out at least food was HOT would not use this hotel AGAIN "

• Travel date: Wed 13th of February 2008

Good points Bad points in my opinion

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I stayed in the hotel with my family, we booked a sea view quadruple room whic was two single bed , one extra bed and one sofa bed.
The thigs I liked in this hotel:
- The stuff was very friendly.
- The bus station is gust at the left corner of the hotel.
- The hotel beach was very nice and clean.
- The food was very delicious .
The things I hated in this hotel:
- The AC was very noisy it was like a Helicopter above my head.
- The bathroom shower was not working propebly."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

What a shambles

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I booked this hotel via www.travelrepublic.co.uk and paid for my room via the website too. On arrival last Thursday, I gave my booking receipt to the gentleman on reception, who then proceeded to tell me (without making eye contact with me) that as the hotel was fully booked, they were sending guests to the hotel next door, the Elias Beach Hotel. This hotel I know to be very old, run down and not a 4Star but a 3Star. As you can imagine, I caused a scene and argued with management for over an hour until they found me a room at the lovely Miramare hotel instead. Another member of staff there told me that this happens on a daily basis, they take our bookings and our money and then try and stick us in the disgusting hotel next door. However, as I was leaving, a very wealthy looking Russian couple walked in and they were found a room straightaway!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Excellent value

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Excellent staff.
Food for a Buffet style dinner was as others have reported, very good. Good breakfast too
Excellent public areas and luxury suite we rented was very nice with good air con, sat t.v. with tea and coffee making in room.
Great pool with enjoyable swim up bar
But smoking allowed at swim up bar and therefore allowed in pool!!
Cigars were also smoked in outside restaurant
We tried a few of the restaurants outside the hotel for lunch and whilst we agree that the hotel is slightly more expsensive, it was worth it
On days when there is a wedding at the hotel ( 3 times in our 1 week stay) some of the grass areas, adjacent to the pool were cut using noisey motor driven mowers from 3.45pm . Far too early.
Together witn great flights from Monarch we had one of our best summer holidays, really relaxed.

Beware!! chicken served both inside hotel and in restaurants outside was often pink and in our opinion under cooked. We sent it back in outside restaurants, only for it to come back pink inside again!"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

Mediterranean Beach Hotel has the WOW FACTOR!!!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I have just returned from the Mediterranean Beach Hotel in Limassol.The Hotel has been refurbished recently.I cannot fault the hotel at all.I am a travel agent and have been lucky to stay in some of the worlds finest hotels.I would certainly put this hotel in one of my favourites.The staff at the hotel are polite and friendly and it comes across that they enjoy the work.The hotel was wonderful lovely rooms,restaurant,gardens,pool area.The food was excellent and the desserts to die for,only trouble is the extra weight put on because I could not decline the desserts,
I could not find anything to fault at the hotel and would definately want to return at some future date."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

Great holiday

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Can't fault the hotel. Clean, well maintained, good facilites. The thing that made it stand out was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. From senior management to chambermaid everyone smiled. Nothing seemed too much trouble. The waiting staff made mealtimes as much a pleasure as the excellent buffet food.
On the subject of food, no limp lettuce and soggy lukewarm stews here - trays were changed regularly, salads were fresh and crisp, everything was well cooked and well presented, and the rotating themed menus made sure that even after a fortnight there was no danger of food fatigue setting in.
There were never any difficulties finding sun-loungers, mainly due to generous supply thereof around the pool, on the lawns and the beach. The German problem didn't occur - in fact the only people who wound me up at all were whinging Brits!
My only criticism - organised daytime activities were thin on the ground and the evening entertainment of variable quality, but I believe this is par for the course for Cyprus cf. other Mediterranean resorts."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

want to go back!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Mediterranean last September and my boyfriend and I couldn't fault it!

We arrived early in the morning and were greated by friendly staff who took us to our room, with a lovely see and pool view.

The breakfast is beautiful! A really good selection, we were spoilt for choice, a chef prepares omlettes and waffles to order outside, which we took advantage of. On the first night we had a meal at the restaurant overlooking the pool, my boyfriend booked us in at reception and when we arrived were given the best table in the restaurant! the food was very nice, buffet style but lots of choice. The pool bar food is lovely also, all cooked fresh on order, no greasy burgers in sight! little expensive but worth it we would say.

We would recommend going on the full day catamaran trip, all drinks and food included, plenty of stops for snorkelling which I really enjoyed, my boyfriend not so much! you need to get a bus to the centre as the hotel is a bit out of town, although Franx bar which is opposite is great and we had plenty of nights there kareoke-ing! for which every song you do you get a free shot! not such a good idea the next morning! really friendly staff there and the foods good too! also amazing cocktails. Shakespeares bar futher in towards Limassol is great aswell, brilliant cocktails and food aswell and very friendly staff!

Overall we couldn't fault the hotel at all, didn't want to leave and I am just on the internet searching for next years holiday and we are very tempted to just book to go to the Mediterranean again! we enjoyed it that much!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Good Hotel especially for Families

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Stayed here for 2 weeks from 8 August 07 and really enjoyed it.

Good points, very clean and helpful staff. Great swim up bar and pools in genral. Hotel has good facilities for kids and considering how expensive the UK is it was reasonably priced from our perspecitve. Being slightly critical I would suggest that the bath rooms are starting to get a bit tired.

Recommend the following. Take a pool or sea view as you may get a room facing the main road - pay the extra.

Would not hesitate recommending it to friends - however, having stayed at Paphos and Protarus - had it not been for the hotel I would have been disappointed at Limassol.

The hotel has about 70% of the Guest coming from Russia - so don't look for warm and enchanting fellow guests from Russia!"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Hotels near Mediterranean Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Mediterranean Beach Hotel

• mallan by mallan

"Jax bar and resturaunt (Right across the road), Amathusia Resturaunt "

• olyian by olyian

"Lysiotiki Souvla. Pizza Mia "

Mediterranean Beach Hotel is also called