About Harmony Bay Hotel

• tv rtr planeta russia

Crusader Hotel and Resort

Reviewed Wed 26th of November 2008

"The Hotel:

I went to this hotel a bit scared as I read all the bad reports before I went.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Yes the decor is a bit dated and the breakfast is a bit dubious (you need to be pretty good at balancing things as there are no trays)

Most of the food is on a hot plate and the toaster is comical...you have to put the toast through 4 times.

I didn't bother with food at the hotel as it was cheap enough to eat out. If you love arabic food go to the Beurity..falafal and garlic heaven!

The rooms are cleaned everyday and you do have the option to cancel having your room cleaned.

Previous people complained about no kettle - I bought a cheap travel kettle from Argos before I went and got a mug out there - no big deal really

The pool looked fine and the pool bar was also ok, bit expensive though.

The Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The rep is also helpful, but did seem as though she was out of her deph on a few points about Cyprus.

The entertainment seemed to be more fitting for a retirement home. They did have live singers and karaoke.....more for the German tourists than the Brits or French. This happens about 4 times a week. There is better entertainment (upto date music tracks) from the bars near by.

On the whole the Hotel is in a great location and you can't really complain too much about the decor or food as it is very cheap to stay at this hotel - You get what you pay for.

The Resort:

No real beach....a very small strip of sand with concrete type boulders.

Limassol also very busy and has no real cypriot charm. It looks more like a busy london high street, but with more taverna's. I can't really say much about Limassol as there really wasn't much there apart from shops & bars.

I chose to explore the island with the tour reps offers.

My memorable visits were for Northern Cyprus

You can do a visit to a village that does traditional lace making, visit troodos mountains and the monastery, Aphrodites Rock (very expensive cafe that you stop at. Beware that they do try to rip you off both on cost of products and change given),The Keo distillery & water park...probably lots more, but can't remember them.

Various archaeology sites to visit.

Northern Cyprus is beautiful as it still has the old Cypriot/Turkish charm. This is also where most of the history of the island is.

The history of Famagusta is sad and it's even worse when you see that time has stood still for all the old Greek Cypriot properties, though they are pretty decayed.

Kyrenia is Very picturesque and friendly. I would recommend that you visit the castle and allow plenty of time for this as it's pretty big and great to explore - kids will love it.

You will also find that it is far cheaper in Northern Cyprus due to the New Turkish Lira. They will accept Euro's and give change in Euros. Please remember that you can't bring Cigarettes and alcohol back over the Nicosia border due to Northern Cyprus not being part of the EU.

If you are going to northern cyprus take a camera, bottle of water & comfy shoes. Before you leave try a Raki & some Lokumi or Baklava."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

Myself and my partner and elderly parent...

Reviewed Sun 5th of October 2008

"Myself and my partner and elderly parents have just come back from this hotel, where do I begin, the rooms where very basic in need of a lick of paint, bathroom very small needs new baths, the maids on our floor (6th) where very pleasant. Pool area was good if you got there at a very early time (before breakfast) or all the russians got them. The food was that bad that we ate out all of the time which cost us around 400 euros each couple, which is not right as we had paid for food in the price of the hotel, it was alright if you liked cold food and got the left overs after the russains again. This hotel was mainly catered for them, even the music was in their language. as you can guess we will not be going to this hotel again. this was the 5th time we have been to limmasol and it was the worst hotel we have ever been in. The prices off drinks where very expensive, it was cheaper in the main strip."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

I have just spent 14 days at the crusade...

Reviewed Thu 25th of September 2008

"I have just spent 14 days at the crusader beach Hotel half board, our room was fine the maid and the girls on the reception were friendly.but this hotel should not be recommended for British people as it mainly caters for Russian holiday makers, the food and entertainment was sub standard and as a result it cost me approx 300 euro as we had to eat out every night. this spoilt our holiday.

Don't be fooled by the 3 star rating in the broshure, its a poor 2 star and when I challenged the rep she actually said it was a 2 star!

if you want a nice hotel go to Atlantic Oasis

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

We spent 14 nights at the Crusader Beach...

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2007

"We spent 14 nights at the Crusader Beach hotel on a half board basis. First the good points: the hotel is located close to the sea front and there are always plenty of sun beds available around the pool. The maid service is polite and friendly. Our room was fairly large.

Now the not so good points: the restaurant is always crowded at mealtimes. (Long queues) and is too small for the number of guests. The food is laid out on open wooden tables with no covers, the quality and variety of the food is amongst the worst we have found in any hotel we have visited. The reception staff were always unfriendly and unhelpful and displayed a strong ‘take it or leave it’ attitude. The bar staff and the pool bar attendants in particular were no better. The air con in our room never worked properly, the hot water supply to our room failed frequently (cold showers). At night the main road outside the hotel is used by the local boy racers testing the cars.

In short avoid this hotel.

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

Had a lovely holiday staff here very hel...

Reviewed Wed 16th of November 2005

"Had a lovely holiday staff here very helpful and friendly nothing to much trouble this is the second year we have stayed here the rooms have a lovely side view of the sea they are small but adequate they have a Greek night twice a week with traditional music and dancers and the opportunity to join in with the dancing (legs permitting).

Nice pool which leads straight onto the beach, food in the evening was mix of traditional Greek food and various European dishes all self service so you could have as little or as much as you liked very good quality. Breakfast I must admit not up to much very continental oriented no English brekies here best I managed was toast and cornflakes, drinks in the bar same prices as the tavernas the hotel is ideally situated for night life and bus stops on the doorstep will be returning

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2005