Elias Beach Hotel

125 Ancient Amathus Avenue PO Box 53029, Parekklisia Community, Limassol 3300 Cyprus

It's beautiful!

Good

"You won't be disappointed with the hotel at all but first of all I want to mention the bad bits about the hotel area, then rave about the good bits.
- The beach has dirty looking black sand
-The beach promenade walk into town is criminally neglected
-The Amathas Beach area is not a particularly atttractive little town or particularly interesting. The countless construction lorries leave clouds of dust in the air making eveyones eyes water.
Now I can rave about the good bits. The hotel is one of 4 or 5 hotels in the Amathus area (all top-class hotels). With such an unappealing location it is extremely important to have a beautiful, well-kept hotel to stay in ,and that is what Elias Beach Hotel is! It's beautiful!
From the front pavement, through all the car park and throughout the hotel itself everything is kept spotlessly clean. These aren't pop-in-for-an-hour cleaners, these ladies clean nonstop all day.
The spacious public rooms are luxuriously and extravagantly furnished with sofas, curtains, cushions and tables. A really beautiful place to have a quiet read or a chat.
The cocktail veranda and the breakfast terrace too is beautifully furnished and a great place to stop for a drink and admire the sea views.
The bedrooms are very big, we had a junior suite, even so they are, I have to say, a little dated. Granny would feel immediately at home here. However, we liked sitting on the balcony and watching the sunset. We didn't spend much time in the rooms anyway.
Breakfast is great. Hot and cold food. Healthy and unhealthy. Whatever you want. It's one of the best breakfasts I've seen in any hotel in the world. They need teapots though. The small cups meant getting up all the time and queueing. If you've read my other reviews you know how I hate queueing at breakfast!
The local staff are a little frosty, but the ex-pat English staff more than made up for it by being easy going and a good laugh. The evening entertainment and the poolside sports and games were a little cheesy if not a little misplaced. The clientele tend to be middle class, British retirees with a smattering of young trendy Europeans.
Whatever your age group and whatever your reasons for being there, you'll find people just like you ,doing exactly the same thing. Hey, and here's my tip for you...just plan to stay put in the hotel for the whole holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

Fantastic wedding venue

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Elias Beach, where my son got married. The hotel is excellent, the rooms were really comfortable and clean. The food was brilliant with a vast variety to suit every taste. The staff were really friendly and helpful, anything we requested the staff went out of their way to provide. We took advice and paid for a seaview, which was well worth it. The local bus stopped outside every 15 mins. There are a few local bars and restaurants close by which served excellent food and again the staff were very friendly. The pool area and beach were immaculate with plenty of sun beds some in shade but mostly in the sun. I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering visiting Limassol and I cannot wait to return next year."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

Fantastic, loved every minute of every day here

"Just got back today. The 4 star Elias Beach Hotel is at the top end of Limassol, thankfully well away from the featureless strip of Limassol's 'popular' tourist area. The Hotel sits on a small stretch right next door to its illustrious neighbours; the St Raphael Resort, and the Hawaii Grand Hotel, which should give you some idea of the calibre of this gorgeous Hotel. It is on the beach, (dark sand but fine and clean). The sea is crystal clear and is absolutely beautiful- you won't want to get out. Strolling up from the beach are plenty of sunloungers nestled amongst the trees leading all the way up to the pool area.The outdoor pools are large and early birds can watch them being cleaned every morning.
The breakfast buffet had just about everything, (no fresh orange juice but this is apparently true all over Cyprus. Also, I would have preferred pots of tea and coffee to the hot drinks machine but it sounds churlish to mention such a trivial thing). The staff were 10/10 (they double up as waiting staff/bar staff/and entertainers) All the guests were also really friendly.
Okay, there is a busy-ish mainroad to the front of the Hotel but you won't hear it and you won't notice it unless you can think of a reason to leave this luxurious Hotel.
There's a Spa on the lower ground floor for facials, massages, pedicures - my only regret is that I didn't have the lot. The small well equipped gym is FREE. The day's Events Programme was a bit yesteryear (table tennis, Boules, beach volley ball etc) but we were sorry to miss the Scuba Diving session on Tues/Thurs where you can opt to go on and dive at an old wreck.
Every night there's different entertainment in one of the two bars - but if you don't fancy that, well, you can slope off, lay back and slurp a few drinks on the cocktail balcony outside the main bar and watch the sun go down, or the world go by, as ships float past the horizon- ahh, fantastic.
We didn't want to leave and we can't wait to go back.
Sue from Beckenham Kent. (i haven't posted any photos because there aren't any undercover photos to be taken)
I would only add that this isn't a 'boutique hotel' so if you prefer that type of hotel you really want the Columbia Beach Resort at Pissouri Bay."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of October 2007

Rest and Relaxation

"We have just returned from a 7 nights stay at the Elias Beach Hotel. As we could not go through Saga we booked on the internet with Travel Republic - very good, could not fault them. As we flew from Birmingham we did not have much choice of airlines (due to late booking), so we flew with First Choice - not impressed. We paid £30 for the inflight meals for the 2 of us, next time I will take our own sandwiches etc. The plane was 3 x 3 and the breakfast on board was awful.

If you go to Elias Beach go fully inclusive and book a sea view room, our room was on the front facing the road and mountains, it was very noisy, we wish that we had upgraded to a sea view. The choice of food was excellent, there was fruit, cheese, breads etc. for a continental breakfast as well as hot food and there was 8 choices of cereals including porridge. The lunch and dinner had a menu to suit every taste. At all meals the waiting staff were clean and smartly dressed. There were spotlessly clean white tablecloths with either white or red cloth napkins at dinner, plus you could have wine etc. at both lunch and dinner times.

Our bedroom was clean but the sea view rooms were furnished much nicer. All the staff from reception to bar staff always tried to help you and nothing was too much trouble for them.

All areas of the pool and gardens were clean and well maintained and you were also able to walk on the beach or on the hotel's small pier.

We had a great holiday but personally I would not have taken my children there because it was quite far out from the centre of Limassol so they would be confined to the hotel.

We would go again at this time of year as the weather is just hot enough and the pool area, gardens and beach were not too crowded. I think that this hotel and holiday is ideal for couples or groups who just want to relax and get away to a warmer climate before winter."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of October 2007

Elias Beach - a great hotel

"Excellent hotel, excellent staff, great facilities. Rooms were well furnished and in good condition though the bathrooms looked a bit shabby -still, everything worked ok.
The thing I really liked about this place is the atmosphere, the pool area, the beach and the staff. Will definitely return.
Last year I stayed and I thought - this place is a 3 star not a 4 star. now i think they've earned their stars. nice one."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of September 2007

had a fantastic holiday

"ARRIVED 8 TH AUG WITH HUSBAND AND 3 BOYS VERY LATE AT NIGHT, started by being a bit dissapointed by the kids suite, it didnt really live up to its discription in first choice brochure, it didnt have a bed for one of my kids and as for ps2 no chance!!!) room seemed a little tatty.
The next day an extra bed was brought up and an xbox. in daytime room looked alot better!! view from balcony (3rd floor - where all kids suites located but this not a problem) ABSOLUTLY FABULOUS!!!!! GORGEOUS TO WAKE UP WITH!!, pools bars and rests very well kept and staff friendly (guys remember to take long trousers or you wont be able to go into some. spent a lovely week, going for a morning swim (from end of pier to beach), sitting by the pool with a brandy sour, lunch at paradise bar on seafront, going for walk in gardens (which have sunbeds dotted around for those prefering it a little cooler). EATING -we went b and b and was lovely, fresh made pancakes, waffles, fry ups, cereal, toast, fruit ect, so something for everyone. for evening meal try embers across the road staff are lovely and the food good too, the meze amazing value. chesters next to embers also very nice, but different staff all the time. we also liked kissos which is a short taxi ride away opposite the four seasons hotel, a beautiful place to eat with small fruit trees animal shaped topiarys, vines ect shading you. menu also very nice.
* my son(8) had a fab time scuba diving in pool for an hour, look out for the guys on a thurs/tues it not very expensive and it really made his day.WHEN TAXI TRANSFER HOME ARRIVED AT 10PM ON DAY OF DEPARTURE (HAPPY KIDS - NOT!!!!!) I MUST ADMIT I HAD A TEAR IN MY EYE, WE ALL HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND WOULD CLASS IT AS ONE OF THE BEST,"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

The Elias Beach Experience

"Just got back from an excellent holiday at the Elias Beach. I also got an good rate for two single rooms with a sea view through Travel Republic. I also agree entirely with the previous reviews, the hotel facilities were very good with polite and efficient staff.

The Elias was also the first hotel out of five to allocate our rooms correctly in that they did not think I was married to my mother and made sure that they had the two single rooms requested. Well done Kanika Hotels.

I also could not help but notice how quiet it was at night if you kept your windows closed. It was like a sound proof box with no noise from neighbouring rooms or the corridor. There were also several lively wedding parties being held in the hotel grounds during my stay and while the wedding guests were having a fantastic time, the hotel guests were not effected too much by the inevitable noise. Well I wasn’t anyway."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

The Elias under new Management.

"Our group holiday in Sept.2005 was so successful that 18 of us decided to go back to the Elias Beach for June 2007. When we booked it was still under the family management and I soon heard that it was to be closed for a couple of months and then reopened by the Kanika Group. I knew that the Alexander the Great was a very good hotel, and I had worked a short time in the Kanika Pantheon, and with this experience thought it would be no problem under the new umbrella.
The public rooms had a good facelift and small rooms had walls knocked down to make a good bar lounge. The bedrooms had new furnishings and were still very good.
Some of the menus had been improved but I feel that with Cypriot Chefs there should be more local food available.
I have re-read some of the old reviews and wonder why people expect to find all the same TV programmes as at home. Yes the news programme is BBC24, but look around and I enjoyed the Euro news. There were plenty of English programmes on the Cypriot channels. Perhaps it is because on holiday I can think of better ways to relax than watch TV.
It was good to see some of the same staff around, my only problem was that some of the new bar staff could not speak Greek or English and you took a chance as to what drink would be served. In contrast there were a few who were very good and able to speak 4 or 5 languages.
We made arrangements to go to the Country Club which is still being run by the family owners of the hotel. They expected to start a bus pick up service round the hotels during the summer.
Well worth a visit where ever you are staying in Limassol.
I am pretty certain we will go back again to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

Loved the Elias Beach........

"We stayed at the Elias Beach from 28th June till 6th July. We loved the hotel - excellent rate obtained from Lowcostbeds.com. Room very comfortable, staff attentive and food very good. Lovely pool area and gardens with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. Bus stop outside for easy access to Limassol. Recently refurbished the bars were good and prices for food and drinks not over inflated. Entertainment good and the hotel was spotless. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

elias beach - holiday in a million.

Good

"stayed in this lovely hotel with my parents and had a very stress free holiday. Staff are very helpful and attentive. Rooms and Hotel social areas are attractive and very clean. for the fitness enthusiast there is: water aerobics, gym ( small but not badly equipped) , lovely coastal run past ancient ruins. For those seeking solitude, you can sleep undisturbed in the wonderful floral grounds on very comfortable poolside loungers, wonderful Restaurant and Bar service and excellent excursions to sites of interest. Great evening entertainment for all ages. Maybe not suitable for the person who wishes to be in the bustle of a town, you need to get a bus to Limassol for any "real" shopping, but these run regularly enough not to be a problem. Car Hire may be a practical option as they drive on the left and roadsigns are good. If your budget allows, the rooms at the rear (junior suites) are worth upgrading to as the view over the sea is calming. This hotel is probably not suitable for any teenagers with "clubbing " in their sites. But if you are between 30 and 100 it is a great holiday base."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

Ruined my Family's Holidays

"This hotel treats customer like they are dogs. Stay away!! We were cursed by managers. The receptionist have a bad attitude. Not helpful people, Ruined my holidays."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2012

Stay away

"My experience here was more than discgusting. Worst hotel ever. I went to this hotel with my father who is disabled to use the restaurant and other facilities as a paying guest. I went to the reception to inquire about accessibility to disabled people and prices for different facilities. The receptionist was very rude speaking on the phone while talking to me and then said to me that the prices for the pool (20 euro per person) were high because they did not like cypriot people coming in. I asked to see the manager and inquired about this discriminatory statement, being cypriot myself. The General Manager of the hotel came down and apologized and assured me that it was an isolated incident and that it has never happened before. Then we went to the beach and we ordered two beers and we paid for them, even though the hotel said that everything was ont he house. My father got tired quickly and we went to the restaurant a bit early around 6 o clock to wait for the buffet to open and we asked whether we could go in. They said sure, and we asked again, and were re-assured that we could use the restaurant. We ordered coffee and then we waited for the buffet to open. The restaurant manager came over at some point and asked, Can I help you with something, and I said, we do not need anything thanks. But the most amazing thing happened, He started saying how because I wore shorts I shouldn't be in the restaurant and we should go out. I said enough is enough never going back again. Believe some good waitress working hard there and are verbally abused by the manager. Stay away."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2011

Hotels near Elias Beach Hotel

Stayed at Elias Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Elias Beach Hotel is also called