The Pool at the Lithos Antonis G Apartment Hotel

Good

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks this ...

Reviewed 14th October 2006

"I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks this September and found it to be one of the cleanest I have stayed in. I visit Cyprus twice a year and stay in a variety of different accommodation and have found this one to be the best. The people were fantastic and as for the owner and his wife, I found them exceptionally friendly with all there guests. Amenities were good and the pool was clean, warm and inviting."

• Travel date: 14th October 2006

Great holiday at Antonis G Apartments

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We are a couple in our 50's, just returned from a 2 week stay at the Antonis G Apartments in Orkolini, Village nr Larnica. we booked this online, and Antonis kept in touch via emails, and arranged to meet us at the airport. We had a very warm welcome from Antonis and his wife Crystal, who could not do enough for us during our stay, the apartments are clean, and well equipped. Antonis is proud of his swimming pool and childrens pool, he does regular chemichal tests to ensure they are up to standard. The location of the Hotel is good, it was great being part of village life with friendly Tavanas, shops and everything you need, close at hand. we would recomend this, and will be going back again soon."

• Travel date: 9th October 2006

Private hotel car hire dilemma.

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"This hotel is situated in Oriklini 10 minutes drive inland, northeast of Larnaca. I cannot comment on the hotel itself however i must mention a problem i had when hiring a car from this hotel. The car turned out to be unlicensed since 2002. I discovered this when it was impounded in a random police check, and i was arrested for being the driver of the vehicle. By all means, don't let this put you off staying at the hotel however it would be advisable to check the vehicle documents and enter into a legal contract when hiring a car from lesser known companies or individuals."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2006

I cannot fault this excellant all rounder

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"As this was my first holiday as a single traveller, i was initially worried about booking somewhere on line. The hotel is situated only 15 minutes from Larnica airport and all my fears were allayed the moment I arrived at the hotel, as i was greeted by a smiling hotel owner with open arms. We were immediately on first name terms and he assured me that i would be looked after well during my stay. The apartment was very clean and immaculately presented with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. The cooking facilites were ideal should you wish to be self catering. There was also an ample fridge and therefor it was possible to eat in or out as required. The room was fully air conditioned with no time limits on its useand had a lovely on suite shower room, basin and toilet. The facilities offered by this hotel are excellant. There was an abundance of home cooked meals (Greek and English) and snacks available all of which were of an amazingly high standard and prepared by either the owner or his family. The bar offered a wide range of drinks both hot and cold. The hotel swimming pool was exceptionally clean and inviting and of course very warm from the Cyprus sun. Sun beds and mattresses were provided in abundance as was advice from the owners wife on sunscreen factors. Interenet access was available at all times and assistance with taxis, where to visit etc was also provided.There was a bus stop outside the front entrance with a regular bus service to Larnica and other places of interest. The hotel was situated in a beautiful village with ample shopping facilities including supermarkets and pharmists. There are numerous cafes and restaurants to try at really good value for money should you wish to eat out. Personally i felt that the hotel food was of such a high standard that i ate all of my meals there. Finally i would recommend this hotel to all age groups, families and single travellors like myself, i cannot speak too highly of my stay there and am already planning to return later this year."

• Travel date: 30th August 2006

Decent hotel in small Cypriot village

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"I have just had 7 nights at the Antonis G Hotel Apartments in Oroklini near to Larnaca in Cyprus. For a good price per night I was basically given a small apartment (I was just expecting a room) with a small kitchen/television area included. It was clean and spacious and the hotel itself had a lovely outside bar area next to a swimming pool. Although I didn't eat at the hotel it offers food and even help with travel like bikes & mopeds etc. The family that runs the hotel are also friendly and keen to be of assistance to guests. Oroklini village has some lovely little bars and shops around a mountain with a great view of the area but I recommend visitors to hire a car or bike as the local bus service does not run into the evening. Also, if you visit in the summer months make sure you like hot and humid weather! Great thing about this place is that you can always cool off in the swimming pool or with the outside shower!"

• Travel date: 30th August 2006

Stay away

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"In February, I booked a 4 nights stay (starting on 18 july)at Antonis g apartments at the rate of 20 euros / night on priceline.co.uk . Immediately the hotel manager sent me an email to confirm my reservation and to propose to pick me up at the airport for 12 euros or rent me a car. I did not reply since I was not interested in renting a car from him. I booked this hotel because it was cheap ( I wanted to save some money ) and it had good reviews on Trip Advisor (at that time) 4 days before my arrival I emailed the hotel to confirm my reservation and add a request for a rollaway bed. The hotel did not respond to my email but it did not really alarm me .I arrived at the hotel with my rented car at 6 pm.The manager seemed surprised to see me and started searching my reservation on his computer. I had a print of the reservation with me but he didn’t seem to care. He pretended that the reservation had been lost ( by who ?? not me )and I realized rapidly that he didn’t want to honour the reservation. I complained and he told me that he didn’t have a room but he could send me to another hotel at 60 euros/night. I was not happy with that ( after all I had a reservation, emailed him to confirm; if something went wrong, it was not my fault) and when I told him, he became aggressive. I cooled down since it was 7 pm and I was in the middle of nowhere with wife and baby and I needed a room.Finally he said that he wanted to help me(!!!!!) and proposed me a room at his hotel for 30 pounds( almost 60 euros, 3 times what I had agreed to pay). The room was dirty( sheets and towels were smelly and there was mouldy bread in the kitchen closet),the light in the bathroom didn’t work as well as the fridge. For 20 euros it would have been barely acceptable; for 60 euros it felt like a swindle.I saw another room that was worst(stains all over and broken furniture) I accepted the first room since I had no choice, it was to late to take my little family on the streets of Larnaca and it had been difficult enough to find this hotel( I ran into a internet café this evening to find another hotel since I didn’t want to stay more than one night in this place) and left in the morning. What I believe : the guy did not lost my reservation( why did he not respond to my email if he’d lost my reservation; when I asked why he didn’t answer he said nothing);he wanted me to come and play me the game of the lost reservation and had me stay at his hotel for a much higher rate. Unfortunately , he succeeded. The guy is a crook and a mean and nasty one. He has one employee( looks Indian)he treats like his dog (it was disgusting to see that).The manager and his wife seemed to me as friendly as Stalin or Saddam Hussein. Another couple we spoke to told us a comparable story except that they add a prepaid reservation; this time the manager told them that what they had paid was only to assure them that they had a room(!!!) To summarize: Cons: • rooms are ugly and dirty • bad location lost in the suburbs of Larnaca 4 kms from the beach • manager is a nasty crook • to have to watch the way the manager treats his employee • the hotel does not really have a staff; no surprise that the rooms are that dirty Pros: • the pool area is nice Voila, I feel like I have done my duty, you had been warned."

• Travel date: 21st August 2006

Extortion and SCAM

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Despite contact the property directly for my reservation, I was "unable" to get my room I booked at the rate I booked it. I was offered another room for 3 times the price, and it was a dump. The business practices here are reprehensable, and the propert makes the alternative of sleeping in the airport on th floor a nice alternaitve. Stay AWAY>"

• Travel date: 14th August 2006

simply the best and loved it

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Antonis G Hotel Apartments in Oroklini close to Larnaca: " Hospitality at its best" Date:24th June 2006 Having just returned from Cyprus after having spent three weeks on the island. I have been there many times before, but never been to Oroklini. Mark my word, it is a place you must visit. A village with all amenities, from banks, supermarkets to tavernas and coffee shops ( serving the local greek coffee, the famous "frappe",espresso etc.... etc....). A place frequented by many visitors. Then you have Antonis G Hotel Apartments, where I spent two of my three weeks stay on the island. A very hard working family run business located in this very picturesque village surrounded by mountains and beautiful sceneries. On arrival at Antonis G, I was met by this well spoken charismatic person full of stature (Antonis G himself), who was very welcoming. After few basic formalities, I was shown to my apartment. Very impressive and airy, with large open plan kitchen (fully kitted) and sitting room with balcony, a very large bedroom, so was the bathroom with toilet. Very clean and kept clean with regular bed sheets and towel changes. The place offers a very well looked after full size and seperate child size swimming pools with ample cushioned chairs for all. After a swim, what else, a long cool drink at the poolside bar. Immediately realised I had made the right choice when I booked my accomodation online prior to leaving London. During my two weeks stay, I came to know Antonis. A very helpful person towards all his guests' itineraries whether they wanted to travel by public transport, by car or moped, which the later two are available from Antonis G. As for Mrs. G, a very hard working lady with one motto " cleanliness is godliness" . Then I met George and Miltos, Antonis' older and younger sons. Amazing pair with multi -tasks from picking and droping guests from and to the airport, to running the bar and the restaurant (breakfast, lunch and dinner) catering for children and grown-ups alike, and in between very helpful with guests and no task is too big for them and if you want to check your e-mails or have access to a computer, well you are well spoilt here, as you are surrounded by laps and desktops. Remember Antonis G and sons are highly computer literates. By the time I came to leave, they were installing a new addition to their facilities, satellite TVs in each apartment. I must also mention dear Virginia, Antonis G's mother. With her daily "good morning" greeting will set you off on the right foot. With all this in mind, prices are extremely competitive and well within anyone's budget. Come September, George and Miltos are off to the USA where they are both furthering their studies. I wish them and all of the Antonis G's family all the very best until my next visit and thank them for all they have done for me and all their guests. Stay busy and keep up the good work. The only criticism I have is that I felt at home and overcomed by generosity not only by Antonis G's experience but also from the locals. One small advice to all visitors to the island is to learn few basic greek words which are most welcomed but not necessary as kind words in english are too well received."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2006

Best Holiday

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"I spend my holiday at the Hotel and the i get very warm welcome . Every things that i had askec for was fixed. I get a very big an comfortable room. The pool area are very sunny and lovely. Antonid had always time for my puestion and he is always ready to fix every thing for me. The atmosphare was very familia and so ahad a very plasent stay and i will come back cauase i had one of my best holidays"

• Travel date: 3rd June 2006

Great times, fantastic hosts

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Ok, went with the BF for a late deal. These guys rates are great, apartment clean.....for the minimum rate we got upgraded to deluxe...bless their cotton socks! the beach isnt too crowded, quaint little shops all around ...the village is so cute and quaint. Best of all ...it is 30 minutes drive from AYIA NAPA...fantastic! There are the sea caves to be seen...Make sure you go to the wine museum if you are an enthusiast like moi...you will have a fantastic time...if not shhhhhlightly shozzhhled....its really fab and you get the most unique wine...faaaantastic....ok better stop going on about the wine..(its fantastic tho'!) Oh and there is the waterfalls..(names I cant pronounce) up in the mountains....good fun.....really scary to drive to...some crazy off road driving...you fanatics will have a great...if not freaked ride! Lanarca has some great attractions of its own...to fulfill the spiritual quota of the holiday ( for some of us this is a must!) there is the Lazarus' Burial Place....there is loads more stuff to do not to mentions Aphrodites Waterpark, Watersport at inflated prices but hey...you are on holiday and the bank statements will only be opened once you get home.......if indeed they are opened at all...But like all good things...there is a con....quite literally in this case...every one is out to make a quick buck out of you gullible tourists...so make sure you know what you are getting yourself into whenever you make a deal with anyone and ....DO NOT I REPEAT, DO NOT buy groceries/toiletteries from those quaint little shops in touristy areas....go to the supermarkets(BIG) where the Cypriots themselves go...or else you will be ripped off by the inflated prices....Other than that ....Bon Voyage and make sure you check out Antonis G Apartments....."

• Travel date: 9th December 2005

friendly and quiet

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"as you can see i've put friendly and quiet the owner Toni was charming as where the rest of the family.We were told about the hotel by other family members who had stayed there before.The room was basic and a bit dated but clean and a good size.We use it as a base and travelled about,you need a car as theres not much to do except sunbath and get drunk.One last thing don't hire a car off Toni they are NOT proper hire cars there WRECKS. Cost per night cyprus pound 20.00 great value"

• Travel date: 12th November 2005