Simple the best

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I spend few nights in Rocks Hotel during my trip in Cyprus and I realy enjoyed my stay in Rocks. Especially the service was great in Hotel and in Casino. In my oppinion Rocks is the best hotel in northern Cyprus and I recomend everyone to visit Rocks."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009

pleasantly surprised

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Arrived at the Rocks hotel for a week in august with very few expectations. The room was spacious and pleasant.
The pool was sparkling clean.
The staff were friendly and efficient and eager to help in any manner possible."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

nice hotel but !

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"just come back from the rocks ,aug 2008, having asked for a none smoking room ,and put in a room that was like an ash tray ,and dirty ,was not nice we told the staff who said they would move us in the morning ,that did not happen until the late afternoon,but they did move us to a sea view with flowers and wine with a very big sorry well done to the rocks ,the hotel is very nice the pool is good but the decking needs a good sweep as your feet get dirty on the decking,also its very expensive as we had a late night drink in the bar. two vodkas and one red bull £20.00 a tad dear for me ! but the staff were very good and polite they also love the english pound ,do not take traverlers cheques as they will charge you a 10% fee .ps kyrenia is not a cheap place ,although we loved it ,and will be going back. but im affaid not to the rocks."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Nice hotel shame about building of the new deck

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"The hotel and staff were excellent although the hotel is not in a nice part of town most rooms look onto the road then a car park .
While we were there 11/6/08 21/6/08 the hotel was having a new platform area built, so there was no access into water from the Rocks. Although hotel had provided a pass into the Dome's platform area.
The noise from this was at times very loud and sometimes the smell from the paints etc were awful.
We did complaine to customer advisor who sorted out for us a little deal with our bar/food bill.
I expect by now the work will be finished and I am sure it will be great.(just like to mention how hard the workmen worked in very hot weather)

The hotel I think is more geared up to the business person ,in our 10 days there was only a handful of people on holiday and even less Brits.
This meant that the pool area was very quiet until 1pm.
The bar areas had no atmosphere.
But staff in hotel were very helpful and cheerful,rooms nice,breakfast good and pool snacks excellent.
This is I would think the best hotel in town as we went into the Dome (what a dump) and Colony for drinks ."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Fantastic staff

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"We stayed at the Rocks for the first 2 weeks in May. It wa quite late when we arrived and looking through the window, were disappointed that we seemed to be overlooking a road and carpark. As we had booked a superior sea view room, we immediately asked for a change. The staff were very helpful but because of the late hour, asked if we could possibly stay there for the one night and they would move us at 10.00 the following morning. In arriving at reception after breakfast, the reception staff and 'liaison lady' were waiting for us and showed us to another room with a sea view which was what we wanted. Both rooms and bathrooms were finished to a very high standard. Towels and bed linen were changed each morning and the standard of cleanliness was superb.

There was a good choice of food at the buffet breakfast and evening meal (we had booked half board). Our only complaint was that in the evening, the plates were not hot and the food was barely warm. On three occasions, we could not eat the fish or chosen vegetables because they were cold. The chef immediately cooked us a fresh meal which was served piping hot.

Other than the above, we could not fault the hotel. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially in the dining room and the hotel liaison lady. They went out of their way to make you feel welcome remembering both our names and room number.

The hotel website had stated that there was a squash court. We had expected to play squash whilst we were there. Unfortunately, we discovered that this was not correct as it had been turned into a gym. They apologised for the error and confirmed that they had immediately altered the website. Later that day, we had a selection of fresh fruit delivered to our room with the compliments of the management and with an apology for our disappointment.

The hotel really was 5* and with its location close to the sea and harbour, we had a fantastic 2 weeks. We would certainly return again."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

The Rocks disaster

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"Arrived at the 5 star Rocks hotel to be booked into a Superior double room for our anniversary. Offered a twin room with very poor views. Then after deliberations offered next room very small with french double bed but views of the town car park. Next room with views of the local tipping area, see photos.
Finally after 3 days offered a superior double room with french bed and sea view.

Apart from one member of the management team nobody seemed to care, except in the casino where they are only too happy to take your money from you.

Had taken half board option, breakfast OK but dinner an absolute disaster, buffett style not even upto 2 star rating. Has an excellent chineese alternative The Dragon, expensive but good after what the rest of the hotel can offer.

Wonderful area, great people, lousy hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

We are currently staying at the Rocks Ho...

Reviewed Thu 1st of May 2008

"We are currently staying at the Rocks Hotel in Kyrenia. The hotel is amazing and all the staff are very helpful, friendly and constantly smiling. This is our first time to Kyrenia and although we have said we probably would not return here the as we like to try different locations, the hotel has definately made our holiday.

The rooms are clean and spacious and the balcony and view add to the enjoyment. The food at breakfast is lovely and the choices are incredible. There is a little man who serves up pancakes and omlettes on request each morning and he smiles nonstop!

We have eaten twice in the Dragon Restaurant, which is part of the hotel, once at Niazis just around the corner from the hotel and many times on the harbour and other restaurants close by. Set Fish is also a good choice as was a lovely restaurant on the road leading to the pan handle but we cant remember the name!

Lotti and Tony x"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of May 2008

Very relaxing stay

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"Cyprus is not the most exciting place to visit in the world (in my view) but the Rocks is a very pleasant and decent place to stay. Nice quiet clean rooms and decent facilities. My only complaint would be that the buffet dinner was a little uninspiring but hey it was free so i cannot complain too much. Two of what must be the best restaurants in Kyrenia are located just outside the hotel - Niazi and Lagoon... both musts. We had a very bad experience at L'ambience. Never have we experienced such rude and arrogant behaviour in a restaurant on our travels.... you are warned...."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of October 2007

excellent hotel!

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"I stayed there 5 days in march 2007 and this is the best hotel i have ever stayed. you do not need to bring anything with you and you can find everything in your hotel room.

i stayed in various hotels like hilton, sheraton but this is quite better than all.

goktay"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

Second visit this year to this hotel, af...

Reviewed Fri 15th of December 2006

"Second visit this year to this hotel, after checking that the open sewerage ditch had been repaired and the hellish smell sorted out.

Great improvement in hotel, first class room in New Section. Breakfast is now up to standard of Colony and new restaurant is good value. Whilst the pool restauant is 5 Star seafood.

Check in is also first class with polite helpfull and friendly staff.

If there is a downside, it is the reliance on the casino and a lack of perception of what a beautiful country they have, and how they might work on developing tourism by introducing to their clients a "guide" service.

I found my own guide who befriended my wife and I, provided great and interesting company, took us to see places that tourist don't know about, conversed on a wide range of subjects in faultless English and had a great sense of humour and great pride in Cyprus. "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of December 2006

We found the hotel staff to be very plea...

Reviewed Fri 3rd of November 2006

"We found the hotel staff to be very pleasant and the buffet was also very good, its a pity you had to cross over the road to get to the pool, the massages were heavenly, again staff in this area very friendly.

Only two complaints really, firstly the hotel offered no live entertainment apart from a solo piano player.

Also upon settling my bill I was charged an extra 30% on top of the bill by settling with a credit card. The local exchange rate at the time was 2.75 new Cyprus lire, upon return to UK, I received my credit card statement to find I had been charged at a rate of 3.7639 75 new Cyprus lire, which kind of leaves a bad taste. Don’t you think"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of November 2006

Fantanstic

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Stayed here for 2 days,The rooms were well furnished, with maxi bars full of little things you may have forgotton.ie: shaving foam, cotton wool even batteries. staff very attentive and the food was first class. They have there own private pool overlooking the bay, which has a ladder into the sea. They also provide pool towels."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Hotels near Rocks Hotel Casino

Stayed at Rocks Hotel Casino? Share your insight.

Rocks Hotel Casino is also called