About Oscar Resort Hotel

• casino
  • water park

excellent resort

Reviewed Tue 19th of April 2016

"Lovely and comfortable hotel surrounded with palm trees and well maintained gardens. My daughter her husband, two children and I spend 7 days at the resort and will definitely go again and for longer. Children enjoyed the beach and the pools and the playgrounds. The family rooms by the pool side were spacious,clean and had excellent beds.The restaurant food was exciting and deserts were delicious. "

• Travel date: Tue 19th of April 2016

Fantastic Stay

Reviewed Tue 24th of March 2009

"My wife and I booked Oscar's Hotel a couple of weeks before we travelled with the Direct Traveller, hoping for a little winter sun and cheer. Flew to Lanrana Airport and were driven by taxi to the Hotel. The reception and teh staff was very helpfull and friendly. We were shown a sea view room on the second floor over looking to sea and the harbour.
Health & Fitness Club and the tennis court was superb facilities for your health condition.
Hotel staff did their best to help us on evert moment during our stay.
This was the first time we had been to Northern Cyprus. This hotel was outstanding in every way. The only complaint that we have so smoking is permitted everyehere in the restaurant and the lobby lounge. You must go out from lounge to terrace and not compfortable to smoke outside while the rain on any way,
Took little train to Kyrenia Center and loved it very much.
Very good hotel restaurant food and reasonable price of baverages.
This year in 2009 Spetember we decided to go there again.
Halo"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of March 2009

Nice hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of November 2008

"My partner and i have just returned and having read all the comments i was alittle worried.

On the way in you leave the main road and see the half build blocks and think "god help me"! once you reach the hotel it is of a good 4 star standard, and its not really a problem!

Staff, food, rooms and pools are all really nice. The "beach" is not really a beach but you can get into the sea and swim (which is warmer than the pools).

There is no nightlife in this hotel, I went 5 months pregnant to relax and it was worth every penny."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of November 2008

An Oscar for Oscars

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Just stayed at Oscars for week and it was delightfull.

It is around 35 minutes walk from town but there is a toy train for those who don't want to walk.

Food, room, grounds and pools were all of a very high standard.

Area to rear of hotel on approach road is the usual mediterranean mix of rather scruffy half completed buildings - not a major problem, but recommend sea view rooms rather than inland

Sea view rooms really are sea views.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Would certainly visit again."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of April 2008

Just had a great week at Oscars. It is...

Reviewed Fri 25th of April 2008

"Just had a great week at Oscars.

It is a good quality hotel and sea view rooms are superb.

Food good, though no bacon or baked beans.

Grounds and pools high quality.

Approach road area from rear is a bit grungy but not really a problem.

Walk to town takes 35 minutes.

No hesitation whatsoever in recomending this hotel to others.

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2008

A Wonderful and Pleasant experience

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"When travelling to Northern Cyprus I ws anxious due to it being a relative unknown country. I was amazed by the warm hospitality and the beauty of the country.
The Oscar hotel had a lovely setting. The sea and mountains providing a picturesque surrounding for us to enjoy. The food was always at a high standard and the terrace bar, even though sometimes cool at night, provided a lovely location for a night time drink. All the staff were very nice, always smiling, helpful and all round superb. Our room had a big terrace with a lovely sea view.
Kyrenia the town in close proximity was beautiful with its lovely harbour cafes and all round setting. I would advise the hotel, the country to all. A definite holiday destination."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2008

amazing holiday

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"me, my wife and my little daughter spent a week at Oscars during august. We have been there 2 years ago and decided to stay again when we heard that it was renovated. Whole building is renovated, they changed all rooms with contemporary style furnitures. We again enjoyed our holiday with lovely, helpfull staff and delicious foods! Also my little daughter enjoyed the yellow train which runs 3 times everyday to town. we advise Oscar to singles and also for families. We bet you will have a wonderful time!!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2008

Brilliant Atmosphere

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"After spending a week in the Oscars Hotel I am delighted to say that I had a wonderful holiday from start to finish. The sea view room in the hotel was nicely furnished and very comfortable. The breakfast and dinner was very tasty and the staff were always helpful. The hotel had good facilities with its indoor pool and nice lounge area. The walking distance to the town centre is a nice fifteen minute stroll. There are new walking routes currently being constructed. However when we didnt want to walk there were free shuttle services or cheap taxis outside the hotel. There are nice restaurants in close proximity to the hotel including indian and local cuisine. My other half felt the same as me and overall we had an excellent holiday and I would recommend it to all."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of March 2008

interesting stay, very helpful staff!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"We had just a quick stay in Oscar's last weekend. The price was outstanding and thus I chose a suite with Jacuzzi.. We settled in, chilled the bubbly and filled the Jacuzzi - pressed the button to start it... ..and nothing.
Called the reception and they were extremely helpful, send a mechanic (with radio, screwdriver and a roll of tape) he was tapping the side of the Jacuzzi, but didn't really know what was going on...

So, we eventually went to reception, got offered another room... but they quickly decided this wasn't good either as half of the plaster was coming off the wall - and the repair job WAS on the way - but still not finished.

So we got an upgrade to the King Suite room. Really nice room! so filled the Jacuzzi - again - and settled in, turned it off just to see all the water flying on the walls and out to the bedroom...

At this stage we were in giggling fits..! Decided not to change a room again.. In the morning we addressed the reception regarding the issue and they kindly wiped off the couple of drinks we had from the mini bar and promised us a reduction on the rates again should we wish to return.

Staff was all the way through helpful, kind, and nice. so I wasn't put off forever.. Just give them a bit of time to upgrade the rooms and you'll be fine!
I have stayed there before and the pool area is fantastic - this time of the year we didn't venture out to use them, though.. bit too cold!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

Good position, good service, good value

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"I spend 7 nights at Oscar's Resort Hotel and had no any difficulty as other rewies which mentioned. Arrived to hotel at late night and found super deluxe room, air coditioning, room facilities are satisfactory, room cleaners are super, service personnal and reception staff brilliant. My wife & I enjoyed with the Health Club which opens 4:00pm to 10:00pm. Indoor swimming pool available at 9:00am until 10:00pm. We loved their naughty litle train which rund to Kyrenia three times but loved to walk in the day to town center. We exprience the old bazaar in the old castle and loved the coffee smell around the streets.
Hotel was nice and we the price acceptable value, You can enjoy your Efes beer about £ 2.75, eating at hotel ruffly £ 14.50 the buffed, choice of fresh food makes you feel much comfortable.
We already booked our next visit
Ray"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of December 2007

We stay at Oscars twice a year. You nee...

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2007

"We stay at Oscars twice a year. You need to hire a car to reach all the great restaurants and cafe's. Sightseeing is a must with Bellapais Abbey at the top of the list eating at the Kybele restaurant afterwards. Salamis and Famagusta then the castles.

Hotel rooms clean with fridge and hairdryer welcome.. We always have a room overlooking the sea. The swimming pools and gardens are second to none. You never have to search for a sunbed. Service good and staff helpful. Approach to hotel a bit like down town Beirut but you always feel safe.

People warm and friendly. Weekly market on a Wednesday worth a visit. We will continue to return to Oscars twice a year to us it is home from home."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of December 2007

To be honest this hotel made my holiday...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2007

"To be honest this hotel made my holiday awful. I love Cyprus but this is one of the first times I haven't enjoyed myself out there. For the first 4 nights ants came into my room and crawled over all of my stuff, the halls are barely lit and it's in a slum area which is unappealing. The views are nice but the gardens aren't lit so you can't walk around much at night. If you want a nice holiday, go to the Pia Bella, thats the nicest hotel in Cyprus, the people are friendly and the hotel is clean and well kept.

My advice, avoid Oscars at all costs, the only good thing there was their breakfast."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

Hotels near Oscar Resort Hotel

Top traveller tips for Oscar Resort Hotel

• halo S by halo S

"Fantastic number of restaurants "

• Kutlu W by Kutlu W

"Relax and enjoy. Everything you need is there. Everyone is willing to help and make your stay easy and enjoyable "

Oscar Resort Hotel is also called