Mountain View Hotel & Villas

Mete Adanir Stadium, Agios Georgios 9390 Cyprus

apprecation

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We would like to recommend the mountain view hotel and thank the management and staff for the 2 weeks of rest and relaxation and friendly care and attention shown by them all.

This friendly family hotel is clean and tidy and the food was excellent. All amenities such as the pool the entertainment and the lovely restaurant plus the bar in which we spent peaceful evenings socialising.

We are so pleased with it we have decided to hold our daughters wedding at the mountain view hotel in oct this year. We spoke to a close friend who attended a wedding there and they decribed it as absolutely delightful and organised so tastefully, the setting of the mountains behind was so picturesque."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

friendly warm relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the mountain view hotel, the people were friendly, the atmosphere relaxed, and the food was excellent. Having only turned twenty in the year of my stay I was surprised to read that some people below thought what they did of the hotel and the prices of taxis. There are local busses which run regularly and having been to Cyprus before I have found hitch hiking to be useful and much more widely accepted than it is in the UK, so there is no complaining to be done about prices of getting anywhere, which frankly is nothing to do with the hotel. If you don’t fancy hitch hiking or the bus the taxis are usually up for a barter. When returning to this beautiful place again I would most defiantly stay at the mountain view hotel and i hope to return shortly."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

So Peaceful

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We have just spent 11 days at this welcoming hotel in North Cyprus and found it much as others have previously described, ie friendly, good food and relaxing surroundings. This is NOT a Hotel close to the nightlife of Kyrenia and we would consider a car to be a necessity here. What the hotel gives you is peace and friendliness and is family run where nothing is too much trouble. For animal lovers there are 2 friendly dogs who will appreciate your attention. We found it a most convenient base for visiting the sights of Northern Cyprus and with flexible meal times it didn't matter if you were late back in the evening. The pool and surrounding areas were exceptionally clean and there was never a sunbed shortage. The hotel and villas are set in well maintained and attractive gardens which add to the relaxing atmosphere. Get the idea? - this is a real chill-out place and very good value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of May 2008

beautiful peaceful hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"After booking this hotel direct myself we were very pleased with this very friendly family run hotel. We booked bed and breakfast with one free evening meal included. The food was of a high standard and ate here quite a few times for dinner and lunch. The food was freshly prepared and of very good portions. It is a very clean hotel and would have no problems recommending it.
The views of the mountains are beautiful from the hotel and the sea is only a two minute walk, although it is rockly coast line."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of April 2008

great hotel and wedding venue

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"we went to the mountain view hotel northern cyprus for a family wedding. we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the hotel had a very family feel about it . the accomadation was nice and clean. the pool was a good size the food was very resonable we would all go again great value"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of September 2007

Ok holiday, pool bar was a rip off and tried to add items to bill that you never

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Hotel was very clean but as stated above it was a rip off with the proces! QUite a distance to the harbour which cost around £5 each way which works out expensive if you go every night!"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Peace and quiet

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We arrived tired and late after our flight out of Glasgow was delayed by 2 hours+ due to baggage handling problems - no such thing in Erjan I would like to point out. I'm disabled and although I could have walked off the aircraft I got the "special" treatment and the "lift" was brought to me. Wheaked off and through customs in double time - with a smile. That was something I found typical in north Cyprus - people happy to help and did so with a minimum of fuss.

To my shame I didn't enquire the name of the family who ran the hotel who were all cheerful and helpful and their staff - notably Ahmet and George.

The hotel itself was squeaky clean in all its public areas ie restaurant, pool area. The rooms were smallish as are the en suites, showers, no baths (and no grab rails) - great beds, that is to say firm, and the linen changed every other day with clean towels every day. The downside being a slightly grubby carpet. Its down a narrow tarmac track away from the main road (as so many are) so is nice and quiet, very litle traffic noise and brilliant views of the mountains.

We went b&b and as there are so many restaurants up and down the main road we didn't eat at the hotel much . On the two nights we did the food was adequate but not overly exciting. Trick seems to be not to go down with the crowd when the evening meal starts at 8pm. Breakfast was typically Turkish, bread, jams, honey, yogurt, eggs, cold meats and fruit; but an English breakfst could be had as extra.

My only major complaints are a) the hotel allows renters of local villas across the street to use the pool so it does get pretty busy at the weekends - with the never ending sunbed hogging types and b) the number of steps everywhere which seems to be par for the course (to the extent that Cyprus Paradise made me sign a waiver that they could not be held responsible if, as a disabled person, i did not enjoy my stay in north Cyprus because its not up to the standards of the EU) At the hotel a couple of hand rails would sort that one easily.

A good solid 3* with good staff."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

the M V

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just returned from 2 weeks in the Mountain View, bungalow. This is not a place if you want lively night life or any sort of get up and go. This is PEACE, unless the summer holidays brings in more families. But this suited us fine. The bungalows are clean and tidy and visited every day by the maids. The balconies are large and a lovely area to sit in the evenings. All the staff are polite and helpful as are the owners. Food is of a good standard and is prepared in a very clean kitchen and served in a large and spotless dining room or outside during the warmer evenings. The gardens are well maintained and the pool is very clean. Smaller children would have to be well supervised as the kids pool section is small and right next to main pool. The whole pool area is a pleasure to sit in and relax. Ther is not much around the hotel and an evening stroll is not really on and dolmuses to Girne stop mid evening, so it 's a taxi home if you stay out late. Hiring a car is a must if you want to see the island. If beaches are your thing then Salamis beach, next to the Roman ruins, is a must. Famagusta and Nicosia are well worth visiting and we were amazed by the whole Cyprus issue, highlighted when you visit the no-mans land areas. The Karpas area, to us, if you want to say you've been there then go but it's along way to go to visit the beaches which don't seem as numerous as you are led to believe. So if you like to really unwind in pretty ,peaceful surroundings and you're looking to or you have booked your holiday at the Mountain View, consider it a holiday worth looking forward to and enjoy it as much as we did."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

Good value accommodation and great service

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Delighted with our recent week's stay at Mountain View Hotel, a few miles outside Kyrenia. Was the cheapest hotel we could book as a package to Northern Cyprus (into Ercan airport via Turkey) from the UK. Represented great value for money, half board. Meals were 3 to 4 courses and great selection. However we have to comment that what made the holiday was the excellent service received by the staff, especially the headwaiter and his staff."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Great Hotel.

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I have just come back from the TRNC (The Republic of Northern Cyprus) The Hotel I have stayed at before was being refurbished and we had not been informed so as we were doing an independent holiday we had to drive around and find somewhere else. We stopped at the Mountain View to find their rates and I am glad we did. We ended up booking the 2 weeks there. It is a family run hotel and what a lovely family they are. We were made to feel very welcome. The place is spotless, plenty of sunbeds, a large pool,all the staff were wonderfull and very helpfull. The food was good and inexpensive with bar prices not being over the top. We were there out of season so there was no evening entertainment but I understand that as summer steps up they do organise entertainment. The maid was lovely, she came in every day but never once did she bang on our door in the morning to clean our room (unlike other hotels I have stayed in,) she allways waited until we were out. We had lovely views from the balcony, a fridge,and tea making facilities were provided. Towels were supplied at the pool.
If you are looking for a clean friendly hotel this is the one for you. We were charged £25 per. night for a double room with breakfast or we could have had one of the bungalows for £30 per. night. What a bargain.
Contact e-mail -----
Web page -----"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of May 2005

Excellent and Relaxing

Reviewed Tue 2nd of August 2016

"Stayed there for a few days a few weeks ago, friendly family business, so quiet and relaxing. Great Pool, nice rooms, very clean. The owners and staff go out of their way to make the stay a relaxing one. Can't wait to go there again at the end of August 2016 for a few relaxing days to totally switch off."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2016

The most horrible service I ever saw!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"This much horrible place I never saw in my life. The stuff is just speaking speaking but never solve any problems. Half sleepy boy is sitting at nights at reception, which even couldn't give me water once, other one looks like Indian, trying to show that he is so much understands you and will do everything but never can help in fact. BUT the most important person is women which tries to speak Turkish, but she is from England, so many talks and asks how are you, but never never never do anything what she promised. Probably cus she is making horrible management there everybody is so lazy and service is horrible. No hot water when you need, a housekeeper is not coming at all to clean room! And when you ask for something from reception they always say "tomorrow"... Ugly Pool Bar which looks like toilet, Arabic TV and only one Turkish channel and 2 English. I can go on and go on, but i think this is enough."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2012

Hotels near Mountain View Hotel & Villas

Stayed at Mountain View Hotel & Villas? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Mountain View Hotel & Villas

• Kai W by Kai W

"If you want to relax in a quiet location this is the place "

Mountain View Hotel & Villas is also called