About Merit Crystal Cove

• babysitting
  • tv channel one russia
  • casino

Good

BEWARE!!! Extensive building works taking place!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of April 2010

"Had a bad experience at this hotel due to the building works taking place here. Was unable to use many of the advertised facilities and one of our rooms became unusable due to building works noises! Please also be aware that the agent that i used to book the hotel, Angie Mills of A1Cyprus.com dont care about my experience they just took the money and left me in it. To sum up, it is probably a nice hotel to stay in when the renovations have finished but check before booking and dont book through A1Cyprus.com"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2010

Merit Hotel Crystal Cove

Reviewed Mon 13th of April 2009

"Hotel was absolutely first class with beautiful rooms and daily maid service. Two lifts to all floors and a separate one taking you to the private beach which was ok but not too clean. Grassed areas with hammocks, sun loungers and umbrellas. Excellent food, friendly staff. Internet access in reception area. Complex was also extremely good with a lovely pool, private beach and decking areas over the rocky shore line. Most areas not very safe for small children. However, I feel it fair to say that the pool is not heated and was too cold to swim in. As we went quite early in the season none of the beach bars, clubs and cafes were open. Hopefully in full season it will be fantastic. It is a very large hotel and I imagine things could get a little manic during busy times. Situated about a 15 minute drive from any town means there is nowhere to go if you get a little bored. The hotel provides a courtesy bus which runs about 4 times a day. Not much to do once you get there though but very pretty. Car hire from the holiday rep was about £20 a day for a minimum of 3 days. Trip in hired jeep to St. Hilarion Castle (7 lira to get in) was not for the faint hearted or feeble bodied but worth it! Sandy beach very hard to find (apart from hotel beach)."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of April 2009

a conference centre

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"this was a booking to see northern cyprus as the last time I visited was before the partition.the hotel is really a conference centre with little care taken of other guests.there was no extra entertainment at night and no cocktail menu and as this was all inclusive this was a shame. Food ok ish but all buffet with conference males just piling it on plates. I have never seen such a gender inbalance in people staying at a hotel! the room was ok until we returned one night to find that the next room occupant had opened the connecting door and been in our room!This may have had something to do with our complaint of his loud television at 6am!Security did come but would not find the occupant and move him for that night.Apart from this the weather was good, theviews lovely, very peaceful and parts of Northern Cyprus stunning.FAMAGUSTA (varosha)amazing."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

Relaxing, Fun and Loved Merit Crystal Cove

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"My husband and I booked a couple of weeks before we travelled with the Discovery Collection, hoping for a little winter sun and cheer. We flew to Larnaca and were driven by private taxi to the resort. The reception was delightful. We were shown to a fourth floor room overlooking the beach/sea. We played tennis most mornings and then had a swim off the rocks directly in front of the hotel. The hotel has cleverly put in decking so you can get right down into a beautiful cove. Beach towels are available and plenty of them. The food was fantastic - so much choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner - they truly catered for everyone. The hotel was very clean and the gardens well maintained. Plenty of cats around the hotel - but staff kept them away at mealtimes. Live music at dinner two nights during the week we stayed. Games in the lounge - but otherwise no entertainment. There is the casino, of course. The hotel runs a shuttle bus into Kyrenia and we had dinner out in the harbour one night. If you are going for a relaxing week - no need to leave the hotel. Not many Brits or children. Locals believe this the best hoel in the area. Just be aware that Turkey is a Muslim country so dress sensible for meals ladies if you don't want to be stared at. No problems around the pool though. The pool is unheated and was really cold - but if the weather is as good as it was for us first week in November it was fine. Not a cloud in the sky all week and mid twenties. We will definitely be returning to Merit Crystal Cove."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of December 2008

The Merit Crystal Cove Hotel is amazing....

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2008

"The Merit Crystal Cove Hotel is amazing. My husband, two teenager children and I had a fantastic time at this hotel. The food was amazing, the employees were very professional and yet very kind and helpful. We found the rooms spacious, very clean and very comfortable, especially in the new part of the hotel. We had connecting rooms which is always desirable when travelling with children / teenagers. The air conditioner worked perfectly!

The beach area is wonderful. You have plenty of space to sunbathe and, even though we went at the end of July/early August, we had no problems with space.

The main restaurant was never too busy. The entertainment was lovely every night. The food was varied and delicious. The only two minor issues we had were that, in two occasions, we made reservations for meals in the restaurant by the beach and the 6th floor and, in both occasions, our names were not on the list when we arrived for dinner. Also, our bathing suits were ruined in the swimming pool maybe due to excess of chlorine. In every occasion, the hotel employees were very helpful.

The airline decided to change the flight times. This made our holiday shorter than expected. Try not to use Turkish Cypress Airline if you can help it. It is the worse airline of all!! The crew members were so miserable all the time! On the way back from Ercan, we were not provided with any food although it was a 4 ½ hour flight!!

We visited Kyrenia in two occasions during our stay and found that everything is overpriced; in some cases, dearer than buying in the UK. Tip to keep in mind is trying to visit in the evening when the sun is down as the heat is less overwhelming.

We had an amazing time. If we ever go back, this is the hotel use.

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

we arrived as a family on 25 july we cho...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of August 2008

"we arrived as a family on 25 july we chose this time specificaly as my other family members were staying close by at other resorts. It was due to be my daughters third birthday so as a last minute surprise i painstakingly checked double checked and found that the merit crystal cove would be the best place knowing it was five star all inclusive had a mini club a doctor on site and a family friendly enviorment, i thought at least my two small children would have food and drink whenever they needed. I knew to take two children under the age of three away could be challenging so i checked with my local agent in fact spent many an hour checking the accomodation i was booking would be appropriate if not perfect to my needs. we arrived and after a few days my youngest daughter (ten months old), appeared to have an ear infection i checked at the reception and was told to go to a local chemist by taxi and ask for thier advice as the nusre could not help 130 local lira later i had antibiotic medicine she apperared to not get much better so i thought a trip to the local hospital would put me at ease we were made to pay an amount to speak to an english speaking doctor who arrived ten minutes later in evening dress listened to her chest and said she is ok if no better in two days return to me. I was given a prescription for an expectorant which we picked up in another taxi at the local chemist. Being obvious i was english with a speaking barrier and needing this medicine for my baby i would of thought a complete explanation of mixing the medicne would of been a good idea it was only on the return to my hotel i realised the medicine was in powder form i had to rely on a waiter to read and explain the mixing proceedure. The staff and managers at the merit were absolutely fantastic but the other holiday makers who were only generally there for the casino would spend a few nights with family members and behave as though they bought the hotel and staff. i felt a victim of rascism and never knew how that felt until i visited cyprus i made my feelings known to staff and many said its because your english the managers were upset i had been made to feel unwelcome but said there was little they could do even the local shop minutes away from the merit didnt particularly appear to want or need my business the only reason i shopped there particularly was for milk and food for my baby, on the two ocasions i used this shop my change was thrown to me with no eye contact or exchange of words. I would never dream of treating any human being the way i was and at this point i had had enough my daughters health came first and i asked my rep to get me home as soon as possible the next day i arrived home 90 ponds lighter for the ticket change, 128 pound lighter to arrange taxi fare back to my home and this was all thanks to trying a country i never had before to be with my family on my daughters brthday . i am now at home away from my family one week short of a holiday that cost four thousand pounds. I will say the kitchen table waiter cleaner and bar staff made my holiday not the hotel or its patrons"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2008

great moments..

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I have spent a whole weekend with my family at this great hotel. We have a little baby and we just wonder if we could have done it with our baby. However hotel staff did their best to help us on every moment during our stay. Seperate baby bed was fit in to our room, hot water supplied every time, fresh fruits carried to us whenever needed.
Apart from those hotel is very nicely situated near to the sea with a lovely beach. Actually we spend all of our weekend near to the sea. Staff were very friendly and they are smiling all the time. Food quality was great. Lots of variations of all kind of food were served during the day.
It was a great weekend for my family and for me."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of July 2008

Want to holiday in a building site?

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"We have just returned from three weeks at Merit Crystal Cove. Generally the Hotel and staff were very good and helpful; my wife uses a wheelchair for any distance. Please bear in mind that this is a conference centre. The delegates from Turkish Lions (0ver 400 of them) seemed to consider that British guests were only to be tolerated, but with little respect for anyone with a disability. At meal times if you moved away to collect the next course we several times found our places taken by them.

After complaints to the management, we were told that when the next group was coming in, we could eat in the Lefkosa Room on the sixth floor, where the same buffet menu would be available. Why this could not have happened earlier, no one knew!

However, if you want a holiday in a building site, this is the place to go. The Casino was being extended, and an after-dinner peace in the Lounge?Reception area was shattered by the sound of mechanical drills at 8.45pm in the evening!!! A new fitness facility is being built, and deliveries of concrete after the old foundations were broken up, further disturbed us. Across the end of the cove, building work on a new complex was being served by Concrete delivery, JCB's being used to provide shuttering for concrete and other materials, creating dusty conditions.

We were provided with a basket of fruit and two bottles of wine, which hardly was recompense for disturbance to our holiday. The staff worked hard and were always pleasant, but why building work had to be done at the start of the season is beyond us. One saving grace however, the suite for people with mobility problems is excellent, with walk-in shower, handrails, wide door access and excellent houskeeping support staff. Some you win - some you lose!."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

What a truly wonderful hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This was the first time we had been to Northern Cyprus. This hotel was outstanding in every way. The only complaint we have is that smoking is permitted everywhere even in the restaurant.

The food was buffet style everyday - it was plentiful and varied and always fresh, hot and delicious.

It has a casino on sight which is great fun , we loved the one arm bandits.

The staff were friendly and always helpful - and the cleanliness was second to none.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were wonderful - over 600 people catered for at a sit down meal - the food was hot - the service was as good as usual.

All in all an excellent hotel"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

Our Favourite Place

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"This is our favourite hotel!!!!! We have been coming to the merit since 2001 every year sometimes twice a year. We have 4 children and 4 grandchildren. After our first visit in 2001 all our family have been here. The staff are very helpful, the hotel is FAB All inclusive great food and plentiful,drinks are local. We have always been made to feel special ,wonderful service. The Guest Relations Manager Mine is great and very friendly fluent english. The pool area is very relaxing, there is a lift to the beach and a deck area lovely gardens. Rooms have recently be refurbished. This is the place to come to relax!!! and chillout. We will be back next year.........
The Connor's Blantyre Glasgow"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of November 2007

Just returned from a 10 night stay in th...

Reviewed Mon 17th of September 2007

"Just returned from a 10 night stay in the Merit Hotel, which was my first time to Northern Cyprus and it won't be my last visit to this hotel.

All of the staff were efficient. The staff were always making sure the place was clean and tidy. They couldn't do enough for you, very pleasant.

The food and drink was nonstop, and always varied.

The Pool area was as good as we had hoped. To get to the beach area you could either walk down the stairs or take a ride in the glass elevated lift!

Overall I would give it 9/10."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

I have stayed at this hotel about 10 now...

Reviewed Mon 18th of June 2007

"I have stayed at this hotel about 10 now as sell property in Northern Cyprus. It has a fantastic location as has private beach cove plus large swimming pool (big enough to swim and do lengths). I agree it is not a 5 star hotel as we know it, the only true 5 star hotels in Northern Cyprus are The Rocks and The Colony, however neither have a beach as in central Kyrenia.

Having stayed at all 3 the Merit is the only one suitable if you have children as the other 2 have no space to run around and with the Colony the pool is on the roof - so no football.

The food is the best at the Colony then the Merit and the Rocks is definitely last.

At the Merit in the summer season there is a wide choice of food with 3 restaurants at night (one has no children policy) of which I did complain and they offered me room service instead with the same menu.

Kids club is not up to much - it is really offered for the Turkish who wish to gamble in casino with a child hanging off their leg as open until midnight. 3 years ago kids club fantastic but only if you have older children who want a game of volleyball or football as not much else offered. These staff were then replaced with 2 staff who didn't like children much.

Anyway it is not meant to be a negative review because we thoroughly enjoy it as enough children for a nightly game of football but not enough children to get a headache from.

We return every Aug and can honestly say that the same people return - without or with kids. Food is pretty good for an all inclusive with lunchtime and evening buffet good quality and Turkish night once a week.
Most waiters have been there for a good few years with most of them loving children.

The main attraction for us is that it is a secure place as security to get in and out of, my 9 year old can roam freely and he is watched by the members of staff, waiters and other guests and it is a very family orientated place with most guests being Turkish to plenty of grandparents, aunts and uncles and nice atmosphere.

It is not 5 star but you will not get something this cheap and quality on a beach in North Cyprus.

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2007

Hotels near Merit Crystal Cove

Top traveller tips for Merit Crystal Cove

• nick by nick

"Check there are no building works taking place during your stay before booking!! "

Merit Crystal Cove is also called