About Almond Holiday Village

• hot tub

Good

Friendly and Beautiful

Reviewed 25th June 2012

"I went with my partner and my parents in April. My mother has also written a review (dumfriesgirl). We enjoyed our time so much here that we extended our stay. The staying rooms were excellent and I loved how we had an upstairs and downstairs. The view out the bedroom window with the golden fields was amazing. My fiance proposed to me in our room :) The staff were very friendly, especially Lily who would always ask how we are doing. The food was great. I liked the set menu as I ate things I wouldn't normally have chosen. I loved the food and wouldn't have it any other way. However if you don't want whatever is on the menu, you can see another menu or even ask for something to be made. My mother doesn't eat meat/poultry so she was given fish which was very nice. I went to see the ostrich, horses, rabbits every morning. One of the men who worked there picked up one of the rabbits and let us stroke it. Good for kids (or big kids!) We had a hire car and found it very easy to drive into town and park. There are plenty spaces. One day we nearly got a dolmus and the lady at the desk gave us clear written instructions of which dolmus to get on and which to get back and she also included her phone number in case we wanted to contact her. What a nice touch. I am going to stay here again and I know my parents definitely will be too. Luckily for my fiance and I, we reside in Southern Cyprus so we can go whenever we want :) "

• Travel date: 25th June 2012

Don'hesitateWe

Reviewed 21st April 2012

"We had a lovely family break in April 2012,the staff were marvellous and the place was spotless and so beautiful. Loved the ostrich and other animals what a lovely touch. Our daughter got engaged while there and this place made it extra special, could not over egg how lovely the setting is and the accommodation is really different can' wait to return. This family cannot do enough for you, how they work the hours they do and remain so cheerful is amazing. "

• Travel date: 20th April 2012

Perfect stay in every way!

Reviewed 16th April 2010

"My husband and I chose to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary at the Almond Holiday Village and the hotel certainly exceeded all our expectations. We received a very warm welcome after a rather long and eventful journey! This family run business is both caring and professional in its treatment of their guests. The entire complex is spotlessly clean, efficiently managed and very well maintained. The food is superb and probably the best food we have ever had on holiday. We cannot recommend this place enough and we will definitely be returning to the Almond in the very near future."

• Travel date: 15th April 2010

Amond Village

Reviewed 4th December 2009

"We stayed at Almond Village in October, which we booked on the internet because of all the good reviews, when leaving we asked for a brochure on the back page it said "with only your comfort in mind, almond holiday village guarantees to make sure you feel the warmth of your own home, as if you are a part of the family. All I can say is the family more than live up to the words of the brochure, they really can't do enough to make sure you have a good holiday. All the grounds are immaculate, the foods excellent and you can see that the family really enjoy having guests stay. Pat Sarre"

• Travel date: 29th November 2009

Try it!

Reviewed 23rd June 2009

"Rather than repeat what others have written, suffice to say I agree with all that has gone before! My friend and I stayed half board - I am vegetarian and my friend is known to be a 'fussy' eater - neither of us was disappointed at any time during our 14 night stay. There is always a choice if you don't like what's on offer for the fixed menu. Only downside, really, is the amount of rubbish to be found around the island, especially on the, so called, turtle beach. Almond Village, in contract, is spotlessly clean, Will definitely return for another visit. I am glad we decided to travel via Turkey, too, as you do not have to disembark in Turkey and the journey from the airport is much shorter. Erjan is also much less crowded than Larnaca. "

• Travel date: 21st June 2009

Ignore everywhere else, go here!

Reviewed 8th June 2009

"My daughter (26) and I (58) have just returned from our 4th visit to AHV, the last one being 5yrs ago. Ali and his family consistently score 10/10 for everything. If you want a relaxing holiday, excellent food and beautiful surroundings, then this is the place for you. Nothing is too much trouble be it a three course meal after a late arrival or emergency hospital visits (last time we visited)! My father (89), husband (59) and son (30) are going out in September for the AHV experience. If you think this praise is over the top then try it for yourself!"

• Travel date: 7th June 2009

A warm welcome in winter

Reviewed 31st December 2008

"We had originally planned to go to the Greek part of Cyprus for a week over Christmas, but I found so many negative comments on Holiday Watchdog about noisy, smelly or dirty hotels there that we decided to look at the North as an option instead. Almond Holiday Villas seemed to have received good reviews, so that's where we went. I have to say that the Almond Villa reviews were accurate. The hotel was, as reported, a family-run outfit with the most welcoming and friendly atmosphere. The hackneyed phrase "nothing was too much trouble" has already been used in these reviews, but I can find no better way to describe it. Just to give one example of many, when we happened to need a bandage for something, we had no sooner mentioned it than the owner (Ali) had gone out to the shops and bought one for us. When we decided to go to a nearby restaurant, Ali gave us a lift there, unsolicited. From his ultra-efficient daughter Gulten we were given detailed and accurate advice about other good local eateries, and how to find them (not always easy, once you get off the main road). Plus the standard of cleanliness and general hygiene in the bungalow was second to none. They were spotless. Incidentally, people don't seem to smoke in the restaurants in Northern Cyprus, so the meals aren’t spoilt by an atmosphere of fug either. There was such a difference between this family run business and any hotel managed by a commercial chain that I have ever stayed in. It really helped to make the holiday special. On the face of it, December is not a good time to visit Cyprus; and we did have one day of torrential rain which was a bit miserable. But the rest of the time the sun shone, and there were enough sights to visit to more than fill a week. The area to the West, towards the coast, has a beauty and ruggedness that is spectacular. The "Blue House" in that direction is worth a visit, as an interesting relic of the Island’s more recent, and painful, history. There are classical ruins at Soli, Vouni and particularly Salamis (near Famagusta) that are impressive but sadly under-excavated (I gather due to lack of funds, partly because Northern Cyprus is still not internationally recognised 34 years after its birth). The old town in Famagusta is well worth a visit: there are some lovely gothic churches there, largely in ruins. The crusader castle at St Hilarion is probably one of the best still standing (though Craque de Chevalier is somewhat better preserved, that is if you can make it to the Syria/Lebanon border). But the main thing we went for, and found, was a quietness and lack of rush that was immediately relaxing. The family had all been stressed out and a bit insomniac, but after 24 hours there we were sleeping 9 hours a night and having siestas on top of that. There was an absence of pressure and hassle everywhere, and the local people on the whole were quietly welcoming without being in your face (in fact the only rudeness we encountered in the entire trip was on the flights out and back by Cyprus Turkish Airlines: their air hostesses must be the most unhelpful, surly and discourteous in the world. Who on earth trained them: the North Koreans?) I would recommend renting a car during a visit to Northern Cyprus. We hired one from the hotel at a very reasonable rate. They drive on the left, and very very safely: there are speed restrictions in all built up areas, enforced by multiple speed cameras. When you get used to it, the slow pace helps to reinforce the general air of not hurrying. After all this is a holiday; why rush? You get there eventually: it is a small island. To sum up: an excellent holiday, good value, and superb service from Ali and his family. Strongly recommended. "

• Travel date: 31st December 2008

Fantastic management and staff with an e...

Reviewed 24th August 2008

"Fantastic management and staff with an eagle eye for everything that is not perfect. Everyone does her/his job on a very good way."

• Travel date: 24th August 2008

A superbly presented, family run oasis!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"We stayed here last week as a base to visit our recently emigrated friends. The booking was on recommendation as other friends and relatives had used Almond and suggested we try them too. I e-mailed their general info address and got a superb personal reply. They helped out with every aspect, including transfers (we ended up flying to Larnaca and getting a taxi transfer) but Ercan would have been closer. Anyway suffice to Gulten's perfect English and approachability was hugely beneficial. The flight was delayed but the taxi driver was quite happy even though by then it was the early hours. When we arrived we were greeted personally (2 in the morning by then!) and they'd definately stayed up specially. Smiles all round. The villa was a 1 bed (with bedroom on a mezzanine level) and our son who was a last minute participant was on a very comfy sofabed. They do full 2 bed ones and there are, I think, 8 hotel rooms. The aircon was effective in 40deg heat and was rarely off. This is a family run concern and it shows. The attention to detail and atmosphere was fabulous. You should watch the sunbeds (of which there are plenty) being straightened up at night, military precision!!! The landscaping is gorgeous and the pool perfect. The breakfasts were good, with an optional full English being well worth it. Bar meals for lunch are tasty and the poolside area for eating just right and thankfully shady. I hadn't booked a hire car, but decided to and got a great little runabout for just £20 a day inc taxes. Let Almond do this for you it is so convenient and great value. There's the usual table tennis & pool table, but it was too hot for much of the former! I still beat my son though:-) All in all I'm struggling to fault it. Er.... no, I can't. I will use them again and would unreservedly recommend it to anyone thinking of going to Northern Cyprus. Andy P."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2008

So relaxing

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"It was a last minute decision to take a holiday, we found the web site for Almond village, and read all the reviews. We were so glad.This was one of the best holidays we have had .We were spoilt by the service and attention from the family and staff.The food was excellent ,the accomodation ditto.We enjoyed it so much, we are going again in Oct 2008 with 4 of our friends. Jackie and Dennis Morley"

• Travel date: 21st July 2008

Lovely place top marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We have just come back from holiday staying at this hotel and could not fault it in any way. Its very clean. The grounds and gardens are well maintained and beautiful. Very professionally run hotel by the family and staff. Most friendly people i have met in all my travels being ex British Airways staff. Mr Ali and his family are very proud of their hotel and the running of it and to give holiday makers what they want. A VERY HAPPY AND ENJOYABLE STAY!!!!!!!! Rodney and Valerie. BERKSHIRE."

• Travel date: 8th July 2008

Top marks for everything

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We simple could not fault this hotel, when you read all the other reviews it makes you think that they cannot all be true but they are. The Hotel is always spotless where ever you look, the grounds are kept beautifully and the family and staff are the most friendly we have ever encountered, bending over backwards to help with any needs you may have. We were at the Almond when they received a 3 star review, the family were mortified - at the thought that somebody did not have a wonderful holiday. Ali and his family are rightly very proud of the Hotel and indeed the reputation that they have built up over many years, and long may they continue to give the people on holiday--- EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT Martin, Frances, Alan & John"

• Travel date: 3rd July 2008

Hotels near Almond Holiday Village

Top traveller tips for Almond Holiday Village

• by Dumfriesgirl

"Take a walk to local villages"

• by Rory A

"Amazing mezze at the Cenap Restaurant near the hotel."

• by Rory A

"Kyrenia Castle worth a visit. "

• by Sykes mob

"The 'Blue House' is well worth a visit. An evening meal at Bellapais is a must for romantics. "

• by EWearn

"If you want complete relaxation in a peaceful location, then the Almon Holiday Village is a must!"

Almond Holiday Village is also called

• almond holiday village kyrenia
  • almond holiday village hotel kyrenia