SuneoClub Atlantica Sancta Napa

Nice holiday!

Reviewed 27th June 2012

"i was with my friends there in May 2012. Good rooms with all things that you need. Pleasant friendly staff, clear the room every day. Perfect service in restaurant and in bar near the pool. The hotel not far away from shops and bar streets, but calm and you can sleep well because without any disco noise. The sea in 5 minutes by foot from hotel. Lovely place for family and youth!! If you will choose between Nelia Hotel and Sancta Napa, choose second. Recommended. "

• Travel date: 26th June 2012

best holiday

Reviewed 29th January 2009

"I can't believe the reviews this hotel has been given! this holiday was my best yet! i went with my partner and we loved it, all the staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a perfect location, it's not noisy and when you leave the hotel if you turn left you will end up along a strip of quiet restaurants and bars or if you turn right after about a 5 minute walk you are in the center of the ayia napa nightlife which was amazing and not too lary, we didn't see any trouble there just lots of holiday makers having a brilliant time. The beach is about 30 seconds away from the hotel and is beautiful the sea and sand are so clean and is surrounded by bars and cafes. I would recommend going all inclusive though as drinks and food out can be expensive."

• Travel date: 29th January 2009

great time in ayia napa

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"me and my boyfriend have just returned from the sancta napa and we thought it was great the hotel its self was great except for the the fish pond outside the hotel which had dead fish in. the hotel food was good pleanty of choice and was always warm as for the hotel rooms we were lucky to get one of the new ground foor rooms which was really nice we had a plasma screen tv on the wall and the bathroom was marble not how others had described their rooms as our was great the pool was huge and really clean. the square in ayia napa is ace loads of bars clubs and pubs always offering you free shots and cocktails. great for shopping too if you like handbags. overall great holiday would definatley return. the hotel entertainer jijo is fab and is so funny."

• Travel date: 24th May 2008

Read a few comments about this hotel bef...

Reviewed 21st May 2008

"Read a few comments about this hotel before I left which werent positive but went there with an open mind. A family member booked it not us. 1) Food - We were all inclusive for two weeks an I must say that the only good thing about the food there was the soups and the toast. Thought the yoghurt was nice too until I found out that they had mixed the plain yogurt with the last of the strawberry and it tasted awful towards to the end. It was all luke warm or cold (Yes, even the hot stuff). 2) Drinks - Manu the barman was brilliant drinks were OK apart from the coke tasted funny and we were served the soda water instead of coke one night cos the coke had run out mid pour. Also Manu had a break for half an hour between 6pm and 6.30pm so know one could get a drink as the bars were both shut. 3) Rooms - Had been there one night and we all were moved. Bathrooms were awful. Showers barely worked and baths were dirty. After we moved rooms, the bathrooms were better but we got a noisy toilet which meant we could flush in the night so had a smelly bathroom by morning. Asked 4 times to have it fixed only to be told 2 nights before due to come home we could be moved again if we liked! Didnt bother just stayed put. too much hassle. Dont believe our sheets were changed that often as I still felt sand in my bed from two nights previous, but i suppose at home we wouldnt change them every day. 4) Facilities - None of the indoor facilities were available until middle of our second week and we during the 1st week we had a turrential storm so most of us could do nothing but stay in our rooms, the indoor pool would have been nice at this point. 5) Entertainment - The entertainment was one a 1 week rotaition but could have been done on a two week as we saw one bloke 4 times during our holiday. The entertainment wasnt bad for a giggle and the greek dancing was OK too. Jijo tried his best with the resources he was given and kept us all occupied in the pool with his games. 6) Staff - Staff overall were OK, Monica was a bit grumpy most of the time and a couple of the others argued between themselves infront of guests but overall with reception staff too was good. I had a fall in the restaurant at breakfast at the begining of the week and once I had reported it the manager checked up on me daily but the restaurant floor was dirty and always very slippery. Also slipped in reception during the storm cos they had a leak and didnt realise but had it sorted once I had reported it. All in All - I wont be going back to this hotel to stay. I may visit it one day to see Jijo and Manu but never stay there again. Needs much updating and I dont believe it deserves 3 star! Rant Over!"

• Travel date: 21st May 2008

Mostly good experience

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"After reading some of the negative reviews here I thought that they wore talking about a different hotel. Our experience was okay. 1 Food was exelent. We had brekfast and dinner included in the price and every day there wore different choices ( all you can eat buffet style) 2 The pool area was great. The pool itself was big and the water temperature was just right. There was plenty of chairs and umbrellas. 3 The room was small but everything worked okay. A fruit basket and a bottle of Italian wine was wating for us. The negative - the air conditioning in the room didn't work very well. We wore there around mid June and it wasn't very hot, so it worked out okay. The satelite tv only had a few chanels. Overall we loved our stay in this hotel. The staff was frendly and spoke several languages. There is a lot of restaurants and bars in close proxemity of the hotel ( even Mexican and Chinees restaurants) The prices are a bit on the hight side in that place. For example, a cheesburger with fries (cheaps) and a cola was about 12$ thats crazy. But like I said, this area has plenty of things to do and I would recomend the hotel and the region to anyone"

• Travel date: 22nd April 2008

Not as bad as some make out

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We can say we fell on our feet a bit as me, my wife and our two daughters (3 & 5) were booked to stay at the Stavrolia self catering appartments but due to closing for the season Thompson Holidays relocated us to the Sancta Napa. After a warm greeting we ending up in a nice sized family room which we found in a very good state considering the time of year though the bathroom was a little run down it was still fine for us. It was also on the front side of hotel and was a little noisy on a couple of nights. We ended up on half board, so got to sample some the food which we enjoyed a lot (choice could have been a little better for kids at times). Overall we found hotel to be in a very good and clean condition especially the pool(s) which we used quite lot. water was not really that cold after the intial shock of getting in and that was only me found that, the kids jumped in without a flinch. The Sancta Nappa is in good location for Ayia Nappa Beach, The Square and the Port where the boat trips i would recomend"

• Travel date: 2nd November 2007

Should Be Shut Down - Disgusting

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"In my 10 years of travelling I do not think I have ever stayed in a hotel like this. Avoid this hotel like the black plague. Absolutely horrific. We stayed for 7 nights and wanted to get a plane home on the first night. Upon arrival we obtained our key to the room and proceeded to the lift, which was broken. So we went to the second lift, which was working. To say small is an understatement. The lift access is about 18 inches wide. Chlostraphobic is the word. We entered our room, which stunk of urine and dampness. I went to open the sliding balcony door for fresh air, when the door came out of the runners and nearly fell off of the balcony two floors up into the car park. There were screws and wiring hanging out of the sliding balcony door frame. The door did not close correctly and could be opened from the outside. (DO NOT LEAVE ANY EXPENSIVE ITEMS IN YOUR ROOM) I went to turn the bedside lamp on and the shade fell off. The wires were hanging out. The double bed we booked was actually a twin when we confirmed on booking a double bed. Dont bother watching TV unless you speak Russian, German or Greek. The bathroom to bedroom door has a very nasty two inch step, which is not protected. I said to my wife that it was an accident waiting to happen and by god did it happen. A guest opposite us ripped a section of his toe off!!! There was blood everywhere and an emergency doctor was called out. We had no useable bathroom sink. The plug assembly under the sink was rotten and missing. Taps were rusty and the bases were covered in algae. The bath was stained and slimy. The only good thing about the room was the hot water and the powerful shower. Food was repetitive, slightly warm and always covered in salad dressings, mint and herbs. The only decent meal of the day (IF GOING ALL INCLUSIVE) is lunch. Stuff yourself then. Swimming pool was freezing. I had to check to see if my body parts were still attached. The sun lounger umbrellas by the pool were broken. The drinks, cocktails and beer is all watered down and horrible to drink. The coke is water with a bit of colour dye in. The beach is nice, but you cannot see the sea due to the 4,000,000 umbrellas and sun loungers. You will also be charged £5.00 for the hire of the lounger and umbrella. Broken handrails, missing concrete, cracked paving slabs and not to mention the lumps of metal sticking out of the pool floor and pool side where a handrail used to be. Lightbulbs are broken everywhere on all 5 floors. Must be saving money on electric!! There is a crazy golf course, but you cannot use it as it is somewhere in the undergrowth of trees. This hotel has no facilities for the disabled and there is no way of getting a wheelchair in the lift. We found an excellent pub called the Napa Inn Star. Well worth a visit to watch the two acts they have on every night. If you do visit this hotel make sure you have a super doopa health insurance policy!!! Will never go back to Cyprus, which is a great shame as the sun was lovely."

• Travel date: 27th October 2007

Perfect for us!

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Just returned from our holiday to the Atlantica Sancta Napa and it was a fab experience. The hotel is in a great location only 2 minutes walk from shops bars tavernasand the beach. It is a little further from the square around 6-7 minutes so its ideally placed. The Rooms were ok, i must say they are not the largest but what do you expect when booking a 3*? the rooms were clean and cleaned everyday, the views were fantastic we booked a sea view which overlooked the bay and the harbour, the rooms are what you expect from a 3* they are comfortable with air con and tv. there are no english channels but there is a channel which was english speaking. But who really goes away to watch tv? We took a small music system which we used whilst getting ready. The Food was fine they were days we enjoyed the food and days when we didn't like what was on the menu so we ate out. we booked all inclusive so breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks were included. There was always lots of choice and they rotated the themes of the evening every night, there was italian, international, cypriot, oriental. We ate at the hotel eveyday whether it was breakfast lunch or dinner and what we ate we enjoyed and it was hot! All the meals were buffet style and drinks were served whilst seated. The drinks were really good on the all inclusive it was all local brands which were great. they also provided water by the pool for eveyone whether all in or not. The cocktails were great they have a good selection which were included on the all inclusive, the price for cocktails if paying was CY£2.20 which wasn't bad compared to some of the prices at the square, they also had happy hour where it was 2 for 1. they also served beer (keo and carlsberg) spirits, soft drinks and hote drinks until midnight. The staff were really friendly from the bar/waiter staff to the receptionists and the cleaners they were all very pleasant. I was slightly concerned as when i looked to get some feedback there wasn't much i could find which i thought was un usual but I went and had a fantastic time i would definately return!"

• Travel date: 17th October 2007

Sancta Napa Disgace

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Thank goodness we only stopped two nights, two weeks there would have been unbearable. First the room. Average. No english speaking channels on the TV. The bathroom. Disgusting, holes around the bath, tiles stained, bath stained, toilet seat wonky. At breakfats on both days one of the hot food warmers was not working, but hot food was still put into the four cold trays and left. Health and Safety would have shut them down. It was only on the second day at 9.30am half an hour before the end of breakfast did they take action and put free standing trays out. But guess what.......... they put all the food that had become cold over the previous two hours into them to reheat. We talked to others who were on full board and said there holiday had been spoilt because on the dinning room problems. All this for 60.00 pounds cyprus a night for room and a breakfast we didn't get. We wont be back."

• Travel date: 30th September 2007

Nice hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Diana (Israel) I stayed in Sancta Napa hotel for 7 days. The hotel is very clean, rooms are large with balcony . buffet breakfest is excelent (I was on bb basis), the staffis kind and helpful. One point there are no English programs (BBC. CNN on the TV"

• Travel date: 18th September 2007

Hotel was clean, pool area was nice. Th...

Reviewed 28th August 2007

"Hotel was clean, pool area was nice. The hotel is also quite central, everything is nearby, and you avoid the noise of the main square. However it was difficult to find anyone from the UK staying at this hotel. Night life in hotel was quite boring, Rooms very basic, furniture quite old, and air conditioning very poor. Food ok, but no great selection for kids from the UK, as they don’t tend to eat salad! Would not be going back to this hotel! "

• Travel date: 28th August 2007

The good & the bad

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"A hotel that is very clean, friendly staff , spacious rooms, good variety of food & excellent location. However this hotel only has 2 very small lifts and during our 14day stay one or other were out of order most days. Staircases quite steep and often obstructed by cots. If like us you are booking for the facilities offered, beware. Although the outdoor pool was very clean & has plenty of sunbeds/umbrellas, The indoor pool, jacuzzi & sauna were out of use for 14days as was the gym equipment (bar the weights) & internet frequently broke down. Although these were reported each day no action was taken to resolve the problems."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2007

Hotels near SuneoClub Atlantica Sancta Napa Hotel

Top traveller tips for SuneoClub Atlantica Sancta Napa Hotel

• by kkc

"watersports are excellent and bars are welcoming"

• by kkc

"I would recommend to couples, singles and families"

SuneoClub Atlantica Sancta Napa Hotel is also called

• atlantica sancta napa ayia
  • sancta napa
  • hotel atlantica sancta napa