Good

Lovely staff, lovely food, very comfortable and great location.

Reviewed Sat 29th of September 2012

"The Nestor is a really great family run hotel in the perfect location for the beach and the main street of Ayia Napa. All the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you, the food is excellent as is the choice of menus. The pool area is stunning with plenty of sunbeds and shades and even has waiter service! Our room was very comfortable and we had maid service everyday. The only thing we noticed that could be improved, is the dress code in the restaurant at night, at first the men who were wearing shorts were asked to sit outside, but after a few days this rule seemed to be relaxed and that was a shame. I believe you should make an effort if only whilst having your meal, but having said this, it didn't detract from our holiday so maybe I'm just nit-picking! The Hotel is about 10 minutes walk from a beautiful beach, sandy and shallow crystal clear water, ideal for families. Also only 5 minutes walk from the Port where there are plenty of fun things to do. If you like shopping, then again, only 5 minutes from the nearest shops!!!
Overall the best hotel we have stayed in and we will be going back next year."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of September 2012

nestor hotel ayia napa brillient

Reviewed Sun 1st of July 2012

"the nestor hotel in ayia napa is the most fabulous hotel we have ever been to, the friendliest and cleanest, the staff all of them from cleaners to managers are there to help, the selection of food at breakfast and evening meal is unbelievable and tastes wonderful, nothing is too much trouble especially tonia and tania on reception, it is 2 minutes to the beach and main center, this hotel has been upgraded and the internet and brochure pictures do not do it justice perhaps next year they will put on updated photos, we would recommend this hotel totally. sheila and bill moir"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2012

honeymoon at the nestor

Reviewed Sat 18th of September 2010

"we have just spent 2wks at the hotel nestor and it was a fantastic time for myself and my wife the hotel was clean tidy and kept in pristine condition the food was faultless and varitey was excellent.The service and staff were friendly and very polite the guests were lovely we made some good friends the highlight was the entertainment man mr blaze who was fantastic fun and one of the nicest guys we have ever had the pleasure of meeting and the imfamous george the barman who along with blaze could entertain create a wonderful atmosphere and treated adults and children with a warm uplifting holiday so i would like to thank the afore mentioned with gratitude from mr+mrs hodkinson."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of September 2010

Best Hotel for Location!

Reviewed Mon 31st of August 2009

"Stayed in the Nestor in June 2008 for a week. We arrived late at night and abit tired, but were met by a lovely receptionist man who perked us up!! The room had a double bed, balcony, bathroom. Suited us and the rooms were cleaned everyday, including new towels. Make sure you put them on the floor, otherwise they sometimes assume they haven't been used. New towels everyday and a clean room is great to see, as I have been to many hotels where your room is only cleaned every few days. As this hotel only caters for bed and breakfast/half board etc there is so kitchen/ cooking facilities. So please be aware of this when you are booking. We did not mind this as there is countless restaurants a decent prices and are lovely. If you like italian food I would reccommend zizzi. Breakfast at the hotel was good. Beans, toast, bacon, etc - It was mainly buffet style.
The location itself is spot on!! I have been to Ayia Napa 4 times now, and this hotel has by far the best location! a few minute walk will take you to Liminaki Beach or into the main street/square (where all the night life is). You won't hear a peek at night!! It really is ideal! The pool is a great size. I have been to other hotels in Ayia Napa and they are very small in comparison. Didn't have a problem finding sun loungers at the pool.
On the day of my departure I tried to get a late check out of the room, but wasnt allowed unfortunately. However a few hours after we had checked out I realised I had left my Ipod and phone charger behind. The receptionist was able to show me the bag of items the cleaner had found earlier when cleaning. I was really happy with this!!
Alot of people worry about the nightlife in Ayia Napa. Unlike most countries, ayia napas nightlife is maintained in one area - monastery square. It is abit wild here but the parting stays within the square - which is nice to see - so you can enjoy late night shopping and not worry about loud partyers. If you do go out to party, be prepared to be hassled by reps outside bars trying to get in. If it's not where you want to be, kindly say no and walk on... You will find a favourite bar/nightclub to go too and normally end up sticking to it everytime you go out. The bars stay open to 1am in the square, afterwards the clubs open until the early hours of the morning. If you feel like an all nighter - go to river raggae - it stays open until 6am. CRAZY!

If you are travelling for the first time to Cyprus bear in mind it is very expensive. So bring abit more than planned. Overall I would highly reccommend this hotel and I would book this hotel again if and when I come back to Ayia Napa. I've been to a few holiday spots over the med and I have still to find a place that is better than Ayia Napa - great beaches, hot weather and lovely food!!

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

Love it!!!

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2009

"I have been stayin at the Nestor since it opened in the early 90s!! Im goin again this year (aug 2009) i think this will b my 8th stay! everytime i have been i have been looked after very well! The food is great and the hotel is close 2 everything, couldnt be better located! the staff are friendly especially George who has been there since it first opened, everybody loves George! the food is great, lots of choice! i would recomend it to anyone, in fact the last few times i have been have taken other friends which have enjoyed it very much too!! Im so looking forward to going back!! see u all soon!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of July 2009

What a holiday!

Reviewed Thu 5th of March 2009

"We spent a week in the Nestor and we enjoyed every minute of it. Our room was spotless and cleaned every day. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The food was very good, although not always hot enough. We couldn't find fault with it and are going to book again for this year.

The beauty of this hotel is that is central to everything you could want for your holiday. Ten minutes walk to the glorious beach and ten minutes walk into the town with a really good selection of bars and shops. A few minutes further on is when you come to what is known as 'the square'. We were a bit unsure about it as we had heard that is frequented by 'lager louts' but that may be during the height of summer or may be exaggerated. We saw nothing like that, in fact, the square was fairly quiet.

• Travel date: Thu 5th of March 2009

I agree with the majority. I stayed at t...

Reviewed Thu 25th of September 2008

"I agree with the majority. I stayed at this hotel and I was not very impressed some of the staff where very nice, hotel ok, but rooms omg shocking. When I first arrived the reception staff where not very welcoming and the all inclusive is very poor. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone. If I wanted to use the tv I had to pay for it or if I wanted to use the fridge to keep my drinks cool I have to pay for and the safe in my room also have to pay for and it aint cheap you would think these would be included in your all inclusive deal. "

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

we just returned from a week at the nest...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2008

"we just returned from a week at the nestor hotel, we couldnt find a fault to complain about. We stayed in a family room which had a double bed and bunk beds. The room was cleaned every day and the beds were made, cleaners were lovely and friendly. Our view off our balcony was'nt great but the terrace was huge. We stayed half board and the food was excellent (different theme every night) not much choice for the kids though not 2 bad if kids ar'nt fussy. The hotel staff were lovely and really helpful, the pool was great and so was the weather we couldnt ask for a better holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

after our recent stay at hotel nestor we...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"after our recent stay at hotel nestor we found it more than dis-satisfactory the hotel staff, namely andreas & george were awesom :D however the hotel manager was found to be very rude impolite & a complete areshole the door to our hotel room was kicked in by someone completly unknow to us and the managment firstly made us feel as tho this was our own fault or that we had caused the damage ourselves - then we were expected to pay 300 euros to get the dooor fixed!!!!! We did not end up paying for the dooor in the end but overall we did not have a very pleasant stay the foood was bland & repetitive also the rooms were not the best & the location was miles from anywhere i would not recommed this hotel to anyone other that older couples as they are less likely to be treated like criminals. "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

We just recently returned from a lovely...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"We just recently returned from a lovely two week stay in Ayia Napa, Cyprus. We stayed in the Nestor Hotel and found it to be of a wonderful hotel.

The hotel is situated 300m from the beach and about 300m from all the clubs and bars. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the facilities were very good.

I would definately reccomend this hotel as it is perfectly situated and has a wonderful pool and atmosphere about it. The breakfast every morning was very good and changed regularly. Lunch at the pool everyday was reasonably priced and the friendly staff always ready to wait upon you. With all the bars and restaurants situated nearby we chose not to eat at the hotel in the evenings however they did have a changing theme at there restaurant every night.

The pool is lovely and big and the entertainment on offer everyday was very enjoyable. The rooms were very big and spacious and clean. Although Ayia Napa is a party area we were very fortunate and had no loud guests on our floor.

All in all it was a fantastic holiday and I would definately recomend this to everyone.

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

i love the nestor hotel its great! i go...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"i love the nestor hotel its great!
i go with my family year we have been going for 7 years and we are going back in august for our 8th year.
the bar man george is very nice and so are all the other staff.
very nice location, it is only a short walk to the beach and harbour.
there is a pub called the crown next door which has night time entertainment and next to that is a mini-supermarket which sells everything!! only about a ten minute walk to the square which is brill!

overall rating: 10 / 10
from emma mcgee, liverpool, age 9"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

I can't possibly praise the Nestor enoug...

Reviewed Thu 10th of April 2008

"I can't possibly praise the Nestor enough! I've stayed there a total of 5 times over the past 4 years and i'm finding it hard going to a completely different resort this year.

The hotel itself is always spotless and rooms are cleaned everyday, bar Sundays, the cleaning maids along with all the staff are lovely! If you like to stay in a complex and are a bit wary of venturing out, no worries because the etertainment and the bar staff make the evenings good fun! On the other hand if you do decide to see what night lifes about, Ayia Napa sqaure is about a 5 minute walk away so the Nestor is situated in a perfect position!

The only bad thing is having to leave it behind and come home to the rain.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of April 2008

Hotels near Nestor Hotel

Top traveller tips for Nestor Hotel

• saucycat by saucycat

"Ayia Napa is a very lively place with plenty of bars, one of them Tommy "

• canada41 by canada41

"just lie back and enjoy it "

• Sue Crouch by Sue Crouch

"Just relax and enjoy yourself "

Nestor Hotel is also called