Napa Plaza Hotel

6 Nissi Avenue, Ayia Napa 5343 Cyprus

Best Holiday ever!!!

Reviewed Fri 1st of October 2010

"I stayed in this hotel in August 2010 and couldnt say anything bad. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bars and restraunts were lovely and resonably priced. The location is great and when people say you can hear noise from clubs once your patio doors are closed you cant hear a thing. I loved it so much iv booked for next year xx"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of September 2010

Wouldnt go back !

Reviewed Fri 10th of September 2010

"Stayed at the Napa Plaza in July this year with my partner, brother and his partner, well I say stayed, I mean slept more like. The first night we arrive we could not sleep - had booked a double room - as we were situated at the front of the hotel above the bars where music was played until 2am in the morning. That I could have coped with, however, the noise from the street went on until the very early hours of the morning. The next day we upgraded to the superior rooms which were more towards the back of the hotel - would definetely recommend this - for 10 euros a day. These rooms were much nicer, however, on arrival the bed was broke which we complained about. The church bells on the Sunday morning wake you and go on for what seems like forever. The pool area was very loud with lots of groups of poeple shouting over to each other - not for peple that are looking for a relaxing holiday. We ended up going to another hotel most days to sunbathe. All in all I would say that this hotel was not of 4 star standard and would recommend it for groups of friends and not couples who are looking for a relaxing holiday. "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2010

what a let down!

Reviewed Tue 1st of June 2010

"We have just come back from the Napa Plaza and this hotel was a huge let down,as soon as we arrived we were greeted by a very grumpy cypriot man at the reception so fist impressions were not good at all.We had paid for an upgraded superior suite with pool view which turned out to be a standard basic twin room which looked on to a wall!!!! they did not move us until the third day and the only reason they moved us was because myself and partner were so fed up of the loud music and loud people in the room next to us that we had just had enough so we complained.i feel like i need another holiday as ive hardly slept with all the noise,the hotel itself is beautiful but the rooms were basic and the noise was unbearable! i would never recommend it to anyone."

Management response from NapaPlazaWatch , Manager Fri 28th of May 2010

We consider this review neither fair nor friendly minded.

Indeed we should greet them in a much more hospitable and friendly way (if this was not the case) and we should do anything possible to please them. We should explain them about the chosen type of room and make it clear to them. For this, we do apologize!

You choose, however, to book this type of (budget)room and you should not blame us for it.We mentioned in our description that the budget (or economy, or standard rooms) can by noisy. So what was our mistake?

Finally the points 1 out 10 lacks fairness and correctness. It does definitely not reflects the hotel standards.
Again we regret their disappointment, but this not a fair way to express it!

• Travel date: Fri 28th of May 2010

Relaxing Break

Reviewed Tue 16th of June 2009

"I have to agree whole heartedly with the accurate comments previously posted about this hotel. The staff and the hotel were fantastic. We had a room overlooking the main road to the square which we could not hear any noise from once the patio door was closed. The rooms were well laid out with all the facilities and were fully airconditioned at no extra cost, this included a hairdryer and some English channels on the TV. There was a large choice of food for breakfast, something for everyone, served as a buffet so you could have as much as you liked.

Ayia Napa has something for all ages but can be hilly in areas behind the square, this unfortunately these are where the best restaurants are. You must try a Meze while you are on holiday, twenty dishes of local cypriot food that is a challenge to eat!
My fiance and I have been holidaying in Ayia Napa for te last 7 years and have tryed most restaurants. Our faviourites that we return to every year are Tonys, Napa Taverna and the Lime Lite. If you do miss breakfast Garys Bar does the best full english breakfast on the island with plenty of other options.

We would recommend this hotel for those wanting a good quality hotel close to all the action without being too intrusive."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

Upgraded to Napa Plaza

Reviewed Thu 23rd of April 2009

"Me and 5 others were in Cyprus for a wedding, our accomodation had changed without us knowing to Anthea Appartments-which have awful reviews. So we were then moved to Napa Plaza. We can't say one bad word about it. The rooms are lovely, very clean and spacious. The staff are 10/10, so helpful. This place is under rated, and should be 4* very soon!"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of April 2009

My father had passed away the year befor...

Reviewed Fri 11th of July 2008

"My father had passed away the year before and I took my mum back to Cyprus as they used to go twice per year so she felt she had to go back to face it alone.

We were very impressed with the hotel, everything was amazing especially the rooms as they were spotless and the service was fantastic. The hotel is in the centre of Ayia Napa so everything is within walking distance.

I would very much recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Ayia Napa as these hotel is luxurious!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

We were transfered to this hotel due to...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"We were transfered to this hotel due to being overbooked, but it really made the holiday! We went for my 21st (me and my partner) and i honestly had such an amazing time.

The hotel was amazing, rooms were clean, pool was gorgeous and the staff were very helpful.

The hotel is right in the centre so close to all the shops clubs bars and restauraunts but you cannot hear any noise once you are in your room at night, there are so many good places to eat and drink (napa star inn was good for food and entertainment).

Its very close to the nearest beach about 5 mins away, but i would reccommend visiting Nissi beach which is a short taxi ride away.

All in all this hotel was amazing and we will definitely be returning next year, if your thinking of staying in Ayia Napa you will not be dissapointed with this hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Really comfortable accommodation. Staff...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of January 2008

"Really comfortable accommodation. Staff were very friendly and the food was nice.

Good entertainment in the hotel with local dancers coming and giving a taste of traditional Greek dancing, along with good entertainment for children.

Hotel is in ideal location for anybody wanting to taste the Ayia Napa club scene also as it is right on Nissi beach where dj's go during day.

Would def recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of January 2008

This was an excellent hotel. Staff were...

Reviewed Fri 7th of September 2007

"This was an excellent hotel. Staff were really friendly and helpful, they went out of their way to help you have a great time, which can also be said for most of the local people.

Breakfast served until 10:00, which is good if you are having late nights! Although I never made it down for one, the rest of our party went the first day, then never missed one!

The snacks around the pool were also very good, one of our favourites was a help yourself fresh salad buffet at a cost of £2:00.

The bar at night is one of the trendiest in the area, and yet you cannot hear any of the noise at all from the rooms.

Next time I go back to Cyprus I will definitely return to the Napa Plaza."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2007

My wife and I chose the Napa Plaza for o...

Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2007

"My wife and I chose the Napa Plaza for our honeymoon after seeing several reviews and pictures of the hotel and can I just say we weren't disappointed!

The staff couldn't do enough to help you. When we said we were on our honeymoon, they requested a copy of our marriage certificate as proof (as they apparently get a lot of people trying this one on). After this they provided us with another complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and a beautiful bouquet of flowers as well as a note offering us a candle lit dinner on the deck on the evening of our choice, which was lovely too.

The adults only policy wasn't 100% correct but there was still very few children in the hotel. The pool was very clean and the Animation team provided various activities such as water polo, water gym, table tennis, killer pool, killer darts, scuba diving lessons etc. - if you wished to get involved. They also had various other forms of entertainment in the evenings ie. music quizzes, Mr Napa Plaza competition (which I actually won and received a bottle of wine and a 30 minute massage in the spa), fire jugglers, dance acts & magicians.

The quality of food was excellent. There was a good range of choice for breakfast and the buffet in the evening had a different theme each night but the only thing it lacked was a bit of variety for the starters. I tried a few other restaurants neighbouring the hotel and wasn't disappointed either. El Chihuaha, the hotels Mexican restaurant ,was good but again lacked variety. The Dragon, Chinese restaurant ,100 yards down the hill was lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Finally in Clarabel, directly opposite the hotel, we both had Clarabel steak which was the best steak we have ever had, it melted in your mouth!

The 2 bars within the premises, Pepper & Yacht Pool Bar were both very clean & had extremely friendly staff and their prices were very good too, the strawberry daiquiris were to die for.

I would certainly go back there again!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

As we were upgraded to this hotel due to...

Reviewed Wed 25th of July 2007

"As we were upgraded to this hotel due to an overbooking in our self-catering apartments, we were so pleased regarding its location and the cleanliness of the place.

Our rooms were cleaned everyday and the hotel staff were very helpful. Overall we were pleased with the hotel although a word of warning for anyone booking the Napa Plaza....... make sure your room is not on the side of the hotel which is near the monastery as you will find that you are awakened at 7am on a Sunday with the sound of ringing bells and chanting/singing!!!!!! Also some of the messers that holiday in Ayia Napa like to climb the bell tower and ring it for fun at stupid o'clock in the morning.

The choice of food for breakfast was excellent and I would recommend this to anyone. However, the fridge in the room was tiny and you had to pay for it even though it was useless at chilling things like water. Location wise the hotel is bang on central in Ayia Napa and so is close to not only the beach but also the night-life. Nightly entertainment was provided. A nice spot to stay in Ayia Napa."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

My partner and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Wed 4th of July 2007

"My partner and I have just returned from a two week break at the Napa Plaza Hotel.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return to the hotel should we visit Ayia Napa in the future.

Overall the hotel lived very much up to expectation. Very modern, comfortable and friendly. We chose a superior pool view room which on reflection was a better choice as many of the rooms without a pool view overlooked a busy street.

The room itself was a comfortable size although not as large as expected and the standard rooms are really quite small. A bonus with the superior rooms is a free fridge and champagne on arrival.

The decor in the room was modern and clean but tired in places. Rooms are cleaned daily with fresh sheets and towels each day.

The hotel restaurant was superb with a wide variety of different food each evening. We also ate out in the local restaurants and would definitely have no hesitation at staying again on a bed and breakfast basis as there is plenty of local restaurants at which to eat.

Our favourite was "Clarabels" situated opposite the hotel. The food was excellent and very reasonable.

The hotel is in the perfect location it is extremely peaceful yet still in the main centre of Ayia Napa, 5 mins away from all of the bars, shops, and restaurants."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Hotels near Napa Plaza Hotel

Stayed at Napa Plaza Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Napa Plaza Hotel

• Shaun2856 by Shaun2856

"There is a restaurant called Raphaels 200m right from Napa Plaza, best in Ayia Napa!! "

• Highwayman by Highwayman

"Cape Greco is a must, Napa Taverna (good meze) "

Napa Plaza Hotel is also called