Napa Plaza Hotel

6 Nissi Avenue, Ayia Napa 5343 Cyprus

Fabulous hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Arrived at 12.00 am. First impressions made us uncomfortable as the Hotel is situated on the doorstep of the heart of Ayia Napa, which was not what we expected.

However, the Tour Rep mentioned that in his opinion, we had chosen one of the best Hotels in Ayia Napa and he had arranged for his parents and grand-parents to stay in the hotel the following week.

The reception area is very modern and stylish. Staff are available 24 hours and very hospitable. We had booked 2 rooms which we hoped would be together and this was the case. During our stay we lost our room keys on a couple of occasions and these were replaced with no hassle.

The rooms themselves are nicely decorated, if a little small. However they were very clean and cleaned daily.

The hotel surroundings, the pool, bars and dining areas were nicely presented.

Evening meals were outside, overseeing the pool area. The food was varied and acceptable and from 9.00 each evening, there was entertainment for about an hour. We stayed half-board and did not have to eat outside the hotel during our weeks stay. We are happy to report that there were no upset stomachs despite experiencing this on previous holidays.

We did not encounter any noise from the Ayia Napa square, which was surprising in view of our close location. The hotel is within walking distance (approx. 10 mins) from the beach.

This hotel comes highly recommended and we would not hesitate to book again were we to visit Ayia Napa in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Great Hotel - But had to change rooms

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I have just got back from staying at the Napa Plaza hotel with my girlfriend, we are 28-31 years old.

The first room we checked into looked great, very modern rooms, aircon, TV, good shower/bath and nice size.

There were a few problems though, we asked for non-smoking and this room obvioulsy had smokers in it before us. Also we asked for a double room and we got a twin. Also in the morning (Sunday 8am) the Mosque outside the room was very noisy. They started with the bells, then the 'singing' for about 1 hour. This drove me up the wall and I had to put my earphones on with music to get to sleep.

I went down in the moring to ask to be moved to a non-smoking, double in another area. They had nothing that night but there was a room the following day. So I stayed in that room again, but there was no noise from the Mosque in the morning, so it maybe there is only a Sunday Service?

Once moved we loved the hotel - great location for resturants bars and clubs but far enough away from noisy clubs.

Even though I had a few problems I would definatly recommend the Hotel, very modern, great breakfast, very nice rooms. Just make sure you don't get a room with a balcony facing the Mosque.

The hotel is 5mins walk to the closest beach, but not the best beach in Cyprus. Get the bus to Nissi Beach for more lively fun - 80p per person one way, 10 mins journey. Or rent a vehicle and go to Konos Beach, very pretty bay, quiter and best one we visited.

The waterpark was a great day out, excellent rides, but also quiet area's to relax by fountaines etc.

There are some good resturants to be found if you look around, one notible one is Fiji oppostie to hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

A Relaxing Holiday

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"We booked the Napa Plaza after reading all the great reviews. I celebrated my 50th while we were staying there. I came in from the pool to champagne and chocolates, which was a lovely suprise. We were half board and the food was the normal hotel buffet, we ate at the pool bar a few times for lunch and they were good value for money. The rooms were ok, I think they could have done with a little more storage space,they were clean and the bed was the best we have ever slept on. We found the bathrooms on the small side, but how big do you need a bathroom? We had booked a superior pool view and I am pleased we did, as I am sure it would have been noisy in some of the other rooms. We usually stay in AI beach hotels that are miles away from any other shops and bars, the Napa Plaza is right in the middle of everything, which for us was a nice change. The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. All in all a good time was had by all."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

very nice shame about noise

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"The hotel had great reviews on this and other sites. I had initially booked for another hotel and change to the Napa Plaza Hotel - it therefore had a lot to live up to.

After a long journey all I wanted to do on arriving at hotel was to sleep. However this was not possible due to noise (music) being played by nearby monestry.

At night time there was always music playing in and around the square. The first night was particularly noisy but this was due to the annual festival between 21-23 September which was fair enough, but it was still noisy on all other evenings and we were out of the main holiday season.

In addition to this the bin men woke us up at 5:00 am every morning and the monestry bells going off at around 7:00am.

If you are booking I would recommend you book pool room as this should be quiet enough on an evening. Other guests who had rooms above the shops/restaurant on the main road were also complaining of noise.

The maids and restaurant staff were excellent and very attentive (possibly too much ) and I could not fault them. However, I felt the reception staff let the hotel down. I did no find them very helpful or approachable.

The rooms were excellent with plenty of room. However, I would say say when the hotel has had its face lift it has been added on to. Our bathroom for example was as shown on their website but rooms on other side still had 1970's coloured suites and tiles. Also toilets/showers room next to pool were very dated /grubbyand ready for a revamp.

However, on the whole I did enjoy my time at the Napa Plaza Hotel, the pool was clean and generally relaxing, (although a bid rowdy on the last couple of days there (I think this was people turning up for the football), food was plentiful and of a good quality, centrally located, air con was a god send and rooms were cleanded daily."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Great Food, Good Fun, Would come Back

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"GREAT Food. Every online booking is on the B&B Plan, which I didn't realize because it didn't specify on Orbitz. You get free, buffet breakfast included (if you are able to wake up before 10AM!).

It's great food. Every night they have a buffet dinner as well and live entertainment. The pool is gorgeous and if you are looking for a lazy day you can get pool service right where you are.

A quick walk to the beach and nightlife/clubs. Very good location.

Had a little trouble with the air conditioning unit which was resolved the day we arrived.

Loved Cyprus and would absolutely return."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

great hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"having stopped in many hotels in ayia napa over the last 8 years
all 4 or 5 stars we have never returned to any of them for various reasons.this one was different.we have just got back today 28th september 2006.what a great hotel,right in the middle of everything yet peacefull,relaxing and totally unexpected quality.i would recommend this to anyone.we will be back early next year to this hotel without a doubt.Gary and Jayne"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Great Hotel 5 mins from all the action

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Just back from a weeks holiday at the Napa Plaza and it really is a great hotel! The hotel was very modern and contemporary throughout which made it feel quite different to any other hotel we have stayed at in this part of the world. Even though it had such trendy decor, the hotel still felt very friendly and welcoming. We stayed B&B and the food was excellent - loads of choice and really nice. There's a Mexican restaurant, bar and a sandwich bar at the front of the hotel which can be used by anyone - these were all really popular. We went to the Mexican (which was great) and visited the bar most evenings! The pool was really nice - quite large and plenty of sun beds and we always managed to get one even if it was quite late in the morning before we made it down to the pool! Hotel location is good if you want to be in staggering distance of all the bars and there's loads of really nice restaurants right across the road so you don't have to stray far at all if you don't want to - location was also a bad point though as our room looked out over an area that was used for a festival while we were there ..... a stage was set up and market stalls etc so the noise was a bit much! I also heard people complaining about the noise in the rooms at the front of the hotel looking out over the main road. The only other bad point was that you had to pay for all the little extras that I would really have expected to be included eg safety deposit box, fridge, late room check out etc. All in all - a fab hotel if you don't mind a bit of noise!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Fantastic!!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I have just returned from 2 Weeks at the Napa Plaza with my Boyfriend, what can I say it was Brilliant!! I booked a superior pool view room and it was really nice, good size, mini fridge, Air Con - everything you need!
The location of the hotel is superb. Lots of restaurants, bars and shops right outside the hotel and the Square is only a 5 Minute walk away, even though the hotel is right in the centre, it is not noisey and lively!

There is a few places to eat I would reccommend - Clarabel, great steaks and fish dishes, Le Casa De Napa - Gorgeous Italian, Ravens Rook - Variety (The Beef Stifado is a must) and finally there is a Mexican joined onto the Napa Plaza - Abosutley Fantastic!

This was my first time to Cyprus and I would definatley go back and would stay at the Napa Plaza again without a doubt. While I was there, we attended a family wedding so there was quite a few family members staying at different hotels around Ayia Napa and out off them all, I would say that the Napa Plaza was definatley the best hotel by far!!

If you are considering going to Ayia Napa, Don't be put off that it is famous for its Clubs and Nightlife and full of young 18 - 30's, it is not like that at all, it is a fantastic holiday destinations for all ages and there is something to suit every taste and budget.

All in all, A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

Great Hotel !

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My wife and I have just spent 10 nights at the Napa Plaza for our anniversary and it was great.

We are 30 and 26 and like nice hotels when we go on holiday and booked this as a result of ratings on sites like trip advisor and were not disapointed.

Excellent location near really nice restaurants such as castelli, fiji, sage etc. Lots of bars nearby also and peppers bar which is the hotel bar on the street which is really trendy.

This is really the best hotel for quality and location in the heart of ayia napa at great value. It is more like a 4/5 star rather than a 3 star, very clean and modern.

Highly recommended and we will be going again when we next visit ayia napa.

Take note of all the reviews which are positive as you cannot go wrong with this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Perfect September Holiday

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I have been to Ayia Napa before and stayed at the Faros hotel. I would say that although a little further from the beach, if I went again I would use the Napa Plaza again.

The interior was contemporary, clean and very well put together. We spent 10 days in a superior room overlooking the pool, and found it very relaxing and quiet. The air conditioning was good and certainly required, and the water pressure and bathrooms clean and excellent - and I am VERY picky!

The hotel itself is surrounded by great restaurants, I recommend the Fijian restaurant opposite for a change - the sea bass in soy sauce superb and better than those in the harbour... and Ayia Napa itself has plenty of choice from Mexican, Indian, Japanese, Italian, Greek, Fish etc. We ate out every night.

The beach is a 10min walk, and is the only thing I would change about the hotel. The staff were friendly, and the Pepper Bar at the front of the hotel offers excellent cocktails in the evening.

Great location for the evenings too, with all the bars and clubs within 5-10mins walk.

I was concerned it would be too young for me - I am 33 and my girlfriend 24 but we like to party too - but we fitted in fine. We went beginning of September and there were mainly couples or groups.

In the resort as a whole, the people were mainly russian and german - but with a balance of Brits (noticeable during any football night - but not badly!)

All-in-all a great holiday, the weather superb (not one cloud) - mid 30s with no humidity, the food excellent and the hotel lovely. Highly recommended for a good value vacation."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Best Holiday ever!!!

Reviewed Fri 1st of October 2010

"I stayed in this hotel in August 2010 and couldnt say anything bad. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bars and restraunts were lovely and resonably priced. The location is great and when people say you can hear noise from clubs once your patio doors are closed you cant hear a thing. I loved it so much iv booked for next year xx"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of September 2010

Wouldnt go back !

Reviewed Fri 10th of September 2010

"Stayed at the Napa Plaza in July this year with my partner, brother and his partner, well I say stayed, I mean slept more like. The first night we arrive we could not sleep - had booked a double room - as we were situated at the front of the hotel above the bars where music was played until 2am in the morning. That I could have coped with, however, the noise from the street went on until the very early hours of the morning. The next day we upgraded to the superior rooms which were more towards the back of the hotel - would definetely recommend this - for 10 euros a day. These rooms were much nicer, however, on arrival the bed was broke which we complained about. The church bells on the Sunday morning wake you and go on for what seems like forever. The pool area was very loud with lots of groups of poeple shouting over to each other - not for peple that are looking for a relaxing holiday. We ended up going to another hotel most days to sunbathe. All in all I would say that this hotel was not of 4 star standard and would recommend it for groups of friends and not couples who are looking for a relaxing holiday. "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2010

Hotels near Napa Plaza Hotel

Stayed at Napa Plaza Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Napa Plaza Hotel

• Shaun2856 by Shaun2856

"There is a restaurant called Raphaels 200m right from Napa Plaza, best in Ayia Napa!! "

• Highwayman by Highwayman

"Cape Greco is a must, Napa Taverna (good meze) "

Napa Plaza Hotel is also called