Napa Mermaid Hotel and Suites

Kryou Nerou 45, Ayia Napa 5330 Cyprus

Good

Napa Mermaid - Truly 1st Class!!

"After staying 1 week in the Napa Mermaid, I can honestly say that the hotel was the most cleanest, modern and up to date place we have EVER stayed!! On arrival of the hotel, we just couldn't believe how smart it actually was! We were told that the hotel had recently had a 5 million pound revamp and my goodness it shows!!
We had booked a standard suite and was hoping for a free upgrade, but unfortunately no luck there! But the room was beautiful and spotlessly clean! Bathroom a little on the small side, but was fine for just the two of us. Air con - a god send! And ladies.....dont take your hairdryer - there is one provided and its really good!!
Pool was fab! Sun loungers so comfy and pool exceptionally clean! They have now banned lilos so dont go buying one on your first day like i did!!
The hotel charges you to use the fridge and safety deposit box which is a little steep in my book, we tried to get away with the fridge, but the weather being as hot as it was....you just cant!
We stayed bed and breakfast - lovely buffet breakfast, just wished we have stayed half board.....meals in Ayia Napa town can be very expensive and in 1 week we spent nearly £700 each!! If you want a nice meal - Sage was the best we tried!
The bars are great fun and so are the clubs, but 2 drinks came up to no less than 10 euro's at a time. Ambassadors is a great place to start your night as its buy one get one free all night!!
Nissi Beach was lovely, however you just cannot walk all that way, taxi costs aroud 10 euro - get there early to get a decent sunbed!! The beach opposite the hotel was better in my opinion and clearer water!?!
Water Park great fun, cost 10 euros in taxi and 30 euro each to get in.
Boat trips not that good - cost around 50 euro each - but great for tanning!!!
I would say the hotel made the holiday really and the weather of course! Just take plenty of money!!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

Superb!!!!

"Just returned from this hotel. Stayed in a standard room but to be honest this hotel is way above standard. From our first minute there till we left it was simply outstanding. It is immaculate in all areas accommodation, service, food, pool area, bar, and reception. Only small fault was the extra cost for amenities ion the room i.e safety box, fridge, tea & coffee facilities but that is easily forgiven! It is a small walk to the centre of the resort with lots of restuarants along the way. Would recommend the italian restaurant "Quadro" . The Napa Mermaid must be seen too believed it is fantastic."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

Napa Mermaid holiday

"A review from the Netherlands.
Stayed at the Napa Mermaid with my 16 year old daughter, (30-6 - 7/7)
Excellent hotel, clean, modern (design), comfortable, everthing one would expect from hotel in 2008.
We've booked trough Isropa-reizen (Dutch), and had the Grand suite, wich was VERY spacious with living area, two ensuite bedrooms, very large balcony with jacuzzi.
At arrival a bottle of wine, fresh fruit and canapes were provided (this comes with the Grand Suite).
Staff very helpfull and friendly !! !! !!
Good size swimmingpool, with enough seats and room to lie down, still people go out in the moring to lay down towls, wich in my opinion is unnecessary and a bit daft (I've never seen that before).
Food is good and varied, each night has a different theme, due to pleasing the ''avarage taste'' sometime's authenique flavours are somewhat lost.
Rich breakfast-buffet.
Evening entertainment is ok, loud enough to hear in the bar-area, but not in the rooms (at least not in the suites).
Hotel is situated outside Aiya Napa centre wich is a blessing !!!
No all-night karaoke-bars, clubs or loud drunken people to disturb you at night, and if needed you can walk down in approx. 20 min.
Beach just across the road, 2 min. sandy-beach, clean, clear water !
Good for trips to : Lefkosia (Nicosia), catamarancruise from Protaras, Land Rover tour in Troödos-mountains.
Have been to many hotels all-over Europe, Napa Marmaid is in my personal top 5 !
Kind Regards from the Netherlands,
S. Huisman"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

An absolute wicked experience

"I must say this was the best holiday I have ever experienced, this due to the location and digs me and my girlfriend were in. You need to be aware I am a 28 year old with his girlfriend and 2 other couples, so my views are based on this. When we booked I thought it was rather expensive, but if I am honest it was worth far more than I actually paid for. The hotel itself is very modern with an eligant twist. The hotel entrance sets the scene, I knew from getting off the bus that this hotel was something else. Our room, we were lucky enough to be put in one of the ten executive bungalows. Other friends who came with us were given Junior Suite overlooking Grecian Bay and the pool area. Both amazing rooms. The pool area was spacious and the bar area in the day was nice also. The bar/restaurant were very nice, the food was far the best I have ever tasted. The only gripe would be on a Thursday, it was fish night, not much else. I am not a huge fish eater so I wasn't to happy! However that is easily sorted isn't it? The staff are very welcoming, they were friendly and polite. The main strip of Ayia Napa is a good 10 minute walk, but taxi's there aren't that expensive. A lads holiday or a girls holiday I wouldn't stay here as it's far too good for that, this is more of a couples, or couple of mates, you know what I mean!?!? So all in all a wonderful experience, I don't think I could go back after staying in the Bugalow as I don't think I'd get put back in there (tongue in cheek). However I am definately making a 4th trip to Cyprus in the next couple of years. Thank you the MERMAID, brilliant!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2008

Perfect Wedding in Napa Mermaid

"I had the lovely experience of having my wedding in the Napa Mermaid hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The staff were genuinely please I was having my wedding at the hotel. I was upgraded to sute FOC and was delighted from first glance. There was a sunbathing area on my balcony that was very clean and spacious. The the day of my wedding I booked with the hairdresser Rosita with my sister and I can honesty say I had fun - Rosita gave me marital advice while I sipped from a chilled glass of wine! When I returned to my suite the housekeeper had decorated this with flowers, lace and heart shaped towels. The hotel setting was perfect for the pictures and the hotel very kindly opened up the inside bar for family drinks. My flowers were orgainsed by the hotel and I was delighted with the result. My family (18) opted to dine from the carvery so everyone could choose their own meal. It was delicous and the best thing was that everyone had their own choice. The cake provided by the hotel was pretty and nice to eat, when I shared this with other guests and staff the taste was met with approval! We then moved round to join other guests for the entertainment - the entertainer was a non singer but very kindly offered to sing a song of our choosing for our first dance. When we retired to our suite we were greeted with champers and fresh fruit. We were also presented with a lovely gift of a silver wedding certificate display. I was really pleased with this and would be proud to display it in my home. My stay was memorable for both me and husband in this spotless haven. We will definitely come back to this hotel for a stay to relive our fantastic memories."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

Napa Mermaid

Good

"Stayed at the Napa Mermaid for 2 weeks in June 08 and had a fantastic time. We stayed in a side sea view room which was small, but clean and decorated in a modern fashion. The bathroom was a bit dated compared to the rest of the room and the hotel. If you stay at this hotel in one of the Suite's, Executive Rooms or Bungalows they are really 5* standard.
The hotel is light, airy and spacious. Plenty of sunbeds around the pool area, though some people still decided to get up at daft o'clock to put towels on.
We stayed bed and breakfast, food was lovely,choice was good, same everyday, gets a bit repetative after a couple of weeks, but thats the same at most hotels. Enjoyed having breakfast in the open air on a morning. You could pay for evening dinner at €20 each, but we decided to eat in Ayia Napa every night as there are some lovely resteraunts.
There are 2 bars, Bubbles pool bar for use during the day and Andama Cocktail bar for evening drinks. The entertainment is low key, someone singing, but it's just background music.
The staff are really friendly and will go out of there way to help you, always greet you with a smile.
Grecian Bay is just over the road from the hotel. There is a steep path to go down, and there is a sandy beach which you can walk all the way to Ayia Napa harbour. The sand is very soft and the sea is warm and quite shallow, great for snorkelling.
The only reason i wasnt happy with the hotel is that they charge you to use the fridge, and if you dont pay they lock it. Charged us nearly £40 for the 2 weeks we stayed. Not what you expect from a hotel of this high standard.
Would we go back? Definately.
Resteraunts that i would recomend in Ayia Napa include, Fiji (Polynesian), Los Bandidos (Mexican), Quadro (Italian) and Saporro (japanese show cooking)."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Great hotel, but disappointing town

"Before saying anything about the hotel, I'd like to start with a warning: be really sure that you want to go to Ayia Napa! The place is basically one very long road with nothing but terrible touristy restaurants (yes, with those menus in photographs), bars and souvenir shops. It's everything you hate about those places in Spain many of us are trying to avoid. There's simply nothing authentic to it. Additionally, supposedly nice places in Cyprus are on the west side of the island and practically too far away to visit regularly (e.g.) by car. One of the reasons we booked the Mermaid was its proximity to the "village". And indeed, it was just a 15 minute walk to what can be considered the town center, but we couldn't be bothered to visit it more than once or twice, unless we needed something from the supermarket.

The upside of things: the Mermaid is located on the quiet end of town and luckily more than good enough to relax at for 2 weeks, without really having to feel upset about everything we had liked to find in Ayia Napa (like a bit of Cyprian authenticity).

Starting with the biggest drawback of the hotel itself: its pool is next to a busy enough road to occasionally be disturbed by it. That unfortunate placement comes with it being a 200m walk away from the beach. That isn't too bad. What is too bad, is the quality of the beach facilities: rather old and wobbly beds and umbrellas line this far end of the Ayia Napa beach, that ends in rocks on which the Grecian Sands hotel is built. The sand and water are nice and clean. If you decide to go to the beach, we'd actually recommend walking down the road a bit for 150m across from the Florida hotel: beds and umbrellas are newer and more comfortable there.

One of the great upsides is that the Mermaid is a beautifully renovated hotel (2006-2007). It is very stylish and modern while not as ridiculously priced as comparable hotels from sites like designhotels.com. Finally a reasonably priced hotel with a design that fits in the world of today and not 1982; a style 99.9% of the other holiday hotels seem to wait for to come back in fashion again (when will they wake up? Everybody with one Ikea item in his/her home is already more stylish than those hotels!). The lounge furniture is very comfortable; especially the full leather sun beds they newly placed this season. I have never enjoyed relaxing by a poolside so much as on these beds. We booked an Executive Bungalow to have a bit of space for the two of us and our 20 month old son. For some reason we got upgraded to a Junior Suite upon arrival, which was brilliant. The only slight drawback was the bit of illogical arrangement of the bathroom, which meant: no bathtub. But it wasn't hard to get over that, since the shower was huge and wonderful.

But what I really think makes the Mermaid stick out above all those other hotels we've been to, is the staff. They were so incredibly warm and friendly, it was almost unbelievable. Everybody from doorman to restaurant staff (Anna, Paraskevas, Helen, and many more…) were very, very nice and helpful and they always made sure that our stay was as pleasant a possible. They are genuinely great people and, as far as I'm concerned, they are a truly great example of what hotel hospitality should be all about.

To sum things up: great hotel in a rather disappointing town. But if Ayia Napa is the destination of you choice anyway, then I could think of no better place to stay!"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2008

Lovely Napa Mermaid

"Best hotel and location in Aiya Napa. Very clean, excellent service. Lots to choose from at breakfast. Just a stone's throw from the beach. A few children at the hotel, but mainly adults as there are no 'kids clubs' or real facilities for them. Far enough from all the bars and clubs in town but it's there if you want it. Would definitely go again to this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

Excellent Hotel

"We stayed at the Mermaid in May, arrived at the hotel and thought WOW!. It was clean, very modern and rooms were very comfortable. The staff are a credit to this hotel, especially Prince, George, Anna. We were looked after and nothing was ever too much trouble!! The pool is excellent and sun loungers are more comfartable than my bed, towels are provided for around the pool daily. We would definately go back again to this hotel but maybe upgrade to a grand suite that we were shown around on our stay. Location is great just a small walk in to the centre and just across the road from an excellent beach. Even the weather did not let us down 2 weeks of pure sunshine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! To the staff thank you all and we WILL see you soon......"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

Hotel heaven

"Hotel was very stylish and contemporary, should be a 4 star it defintely has all the right qualities, and looked better than most of the other hotels in the vacinity in and around Grecian bay

The local restaurants & nightlife are about 10-15 mins walk away

Rooms in napa mermaid, were a good size and included most modern amenitites

Breakfast & dinners was tremendous, plenty of choice everyday

Atmosphere of the hotel is very peaceful, suited to anyone wanting a relaxing break, it's a haven !!

Pool area and bars kept clean at all times

Staff are very warm & friendly

Will definitely stay at napa mermaid and would recommend it to everyone, its reasonably priced and not too expensive"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Napa mermaid annoying weekend

"The hotel was recently renovated, looks amazing, but unfortunately the hotel management spent more on looks rather than practicality. It is unacceptable for a hotel of 144rooms to have parking for 20 cars, and not to have a safe temparary parking for the tourist buses. On a recent stay at the hotel, we could not find parking, we parked our car in a space next to the pavement, and we had the hotel manager come straight to us, not even asking us politely to remove the car, but to shout at us and tell us off that the parking was unacceptable and dangerous etc etc this is not a way to treat customers. It is the hotels fault for not having sufficient parking spaces, and a terrible idea to close the front driveway of the hotel to replace it with fancy couches and not leave space for customers cars and buses to park safely. Buses have to park on the pavement, right on a pedestrian crossing, that is the dangerous part not the parking of a car somewhere perfectly safe. In any case, the manager was unacceptably rude, and when we started telling him legal matters, that the lack of parking is not permitted, the closure of the driveway is not permitted, he just turned away and left.
On another note, the renovated rooms look nice, but the door of the toilet do not close. They only put a lock on the door, and did not place the equivalent part on the wall for the door to bolt on to, leaving the door at 2cm open at all times!

• Travel date: Tue 7th of September 2010

I have just returned from the Napa Merma...

"I have just returned from the Napa Mermaid - what a fantastic hotel! The staff were all really friendly, reception staff could arrange pretty much anything. The room was lovely having been recently refurbished - there was a stunning sea view. The hotel and outside area were all really clean and tidy - we watched the staff cleaning up and they took ages every morning and night. The breakfast was lovely with a wide range of hot and cold food - the selection was superb!

The position of the hotel is fantastic, a short walk into town and across the road from the beach - but not so close that all the noise at night keeps you awake. We only had one evening meal, there's a different theme every evening which included a BBQ, Italian and Mexican night. If you don't fancy that go bed & breakfast as there is a lovely restaurant opposite and plenty in the town.

The bar at night has some entertainment on, normally english singers, but not in an obtrusive way. Good range of cocktails and drinks on offer.

Overall I had a fantastic week, would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to and staying in the Ayia Napa area and would not even consider staying at any other hotel if returned to the area again in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

Hotels near Napa Mermaid Hotel and Suites

Stayed at Napa Mermaid Hotel and Suites? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Napa Mermaid Hotel and Suites

• Cris078 by Cris078

"It is not on the beach, has some rude management, but nice hotel "

Napa Mermaid Hotel and Suites is also called