Asterias Beach Hotel

Nissi Avenue P.O. Box 30087, Ayia Napa 5330 Cyprus

Good

First of all, don't espect to much !

"First of all, don't espect to much !

Camere piccole!! Room not very large
Breakfast service and dinner buffet service poor!!!
Animation doesn't exist , the night is too boring"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

special

"well all i can say is heaven! the hotel was fantastic staff, food, room,cleanliness brilliant! when we arrived it was 5am british time and 7am there we were tired but happy and as soon as we arrived we were greeted and our suitcases were immediatley taken to our rooms, we had tags fitted to our wrists to show we were all inclusive which we ingulged in there tasty breakfast. the pool facilities and indoor pool were soo clean and the gym was brilliant with no extra cost, they also had a massage specialist on site and paying 20.00 cypriot pounds you can have a full body massage which is fantastic, the beach was directly near the hotel, there was such a variety of food, lunch and evening and different themes every night. the staff treat you with such respect and the service you recieve is excellent. the entertainment was ok most of the animators (the girls) were really good polite and friendly, however the men...ok friendly but however now and then became boistrous and rude and sometimes got out of hand, although the animators (entertainers) were very friendly and talkative and fun.
they would ask if they could sit with you when they eat, creating conversations and helping you warm to your new surroundings and will look after you if there was a language problem as the animators each have there own knowledge of language, from deutch, french and german, italian, russian, swedish and of course english! we would reccomend this hotel to couples and familys accomodating adults with the martini bar...to the kids club for the children, worth every penny spent and we will be going back!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

great hotel

Good

"this hotel i cannot fault, i am however willing to try new foods, dinner was a different theme every night, staff were helpful and friendly. indoor pool and outdoor pools were clean and there was a gym that had all new equipment in with no extra charge, kids club was good, entertainment wasnt that great but we tend not to stay in the hotel, it was £5 english in a taxi to main resort centre so if you like peace and quiet then its for you, we hired a car and travelled to paphos, tombs of the kings there was good and rock of aphrodite and the mosaic floors. couldnt find the market though.
take your passport and go to nicosia, the divided capital, you can cross the border and everything is so cheap in the turkish side. we went to famagusta the ghost town, its so weird seeing the whole place just empty like thta. beaches are great and even better in the north of the island.
hotel rooms cleaned everyday and always clean, we left our room door open overnight and the inch long ants (no im not kidding they are huge they have been taking steroids) got in, the hotel sorted it strait away.
cyprus toilets are so clean.
hotel drinks are expensive but on the plus side you can charge them all to your room and pay at end of week. the room furniture was a bit old fashioned but all clean and you have itv and sky news, bbc1 and vh1 on the tv, coronation st and eastenders!
lots of germans were staying at the hotel and they were quite rude and were always staring!
hotel is on its own beach. 5 min to local shop. £40 in taxi to airport (english)
they drive like mad people on the roads but on same side as us. the plugs were the same as ours.
i normally go to spanish places but i loved cyprus and would go back. the weather was great everyday not a cloud in the sky, rained one night then was clear the next morning."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of May 2007

Fantastic hotel

"We have just returned from an excellent holiday to Ayia Napa. It was my first time in Cyprus and I can't fault this hotel. Staff were friendly (although a little overworked), the hotel was really clean and well maintained and the rooms were spacious and well equipped. I had looked at the hotels internet site before visiting and was doubting it could be this nice, only to be plesantly surprised. The tennis court and football pitch are well looked after, although you do have to pay to use it. The gym and indoor swimming pool are excellent, we were however a little dissapointed we havd to pay to use the sauna. Food provided a good choice although you were only aloud beer, wine or pop in the resturant if you were all inclusive (not sure why??). I would recommend this hotel to everyone and can really not fault it."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of April 2007

A very nice hotel

Good

"My girlfriend and I stayed at the Asterias Beach only for three nights (too short), and we have almost only good thigs to say about it.
The rooms were excellent, close to the level of 5 star hotels' rooms in my opinion. wide, comfortable, clean, with a beautiful view to the mediteranian (u shuold ask for a sea-view in advance, though).
The only bad thing I can say about the room is that we got two single beds that were attached together instead of a double bed, although we asked for a double in advance.
Dinners at the hotel were OK, eatable but not much more, the breakfast was very good, though. The lobby and the hotel's bar are a bit dull.
The trasportation to the near Ayia Napa is not very comfortable if you don't rent a car - only one bus each hour of the day (not in the evening). Taxi is very expensive, 5 local pounds (12 Dollars) for a ride of less than 5 minutes!

But again, the hotel itself is highly recommended."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

Charged twice for the same room

"DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL. My son David Miller stayed at this hotel from 4th to 14th July. I paid from the UK by credit card, first by email and then when they hotel claimed they had not received this, by phone. My credit card clearly showed that my son's stay has been charged twice, the exact amount appears both times on the credit card. Since then i have phoned many times and emailed many more to the manager and others at the hotal. But now six weeks later although they admit to this double charging they have not repaid the second charge. In other words they have stolen several hundred pounds from my credit card. .As far as i can tell they are not a memver of ABTA."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

Needs modernisation to meet 4* status

"Having just returned from a great 10 days in Cyprus I have mixed feelings about the Asterias Beach!
Although the accommodation may well have merited a 4* classification at one time I would question it's suitability for this grading now. As a seasoned traveller and a once employee of a UK tour operator based in Cyprus I would suggest the property be more appropriately labelled as a 3*.
Both the rooms and public areas are somewhat tired to say the least! Simple replacement of the soft furnishings would at least help in bringing the property up to more modern standards.

This aside, once we overcame our initial state of disappoinment, the holiday certainly improved.

FOOD: The food at the property is extremely tasty although somewhat limited in selection-
The pool bar restaurant serves great lunches (large portions)
The evening buffet is somewhat of a bun fight but food is hot and well rotated if not a little rushed.

STAFF: Housekeeping keep the public areas and rooms immaculately clean although they are exceptionally noisy with their talking first thing in the morning!
Reception, bar and restaurant staff were on the whole, excellent -most accommodating and happy to greet with a smile.

ENTERTAINMENT: Don't expect too much but gets better after a few Keo beers. Early evening entertainment for the little kids looked great fun though and they seemed to love it eg. junior disco

GYM- Could be great but shere neglect of the equipment has resulted in much of the expensive aparatus becoming dirty rusty and inoperable. Limited basic equipment available eg. no treadmill

POOL: We never made it early enough to get sunbeds so stuck to the beach.

BEACH: Excellent - Beautiful soft sand and beautiful clear waters on a par with the caribbean. Busy but certainly not crowded Cy£3.75per day for 2 beds and an umbrella.

HOTEL LOCATION: Quiet but easily in reach of local attractions.
A scattering of restaurants and bars within a 5/10 min stroll offering a broad selection of menus or Ayia Napa 6km for a wider and livelier selection.
Just up the road from the water park

SUMMARY: Keep your expectations of the hotel's appearance and amenities to a 3* and you won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for not much more than relaxing days on a beautiful beach combined with basic accommodation, good food and a quiet location still close to Ayia Napa then I truly believe you'll have a great holiday at the Asterias Beach."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2005

Superb Hotel

"Asterias is definately everything you would expect from a 4* hotel - and probaly more given other 4* hotels we have stayed in in Ayia Napa.

Location is excellent. About 2-3 mile outside of Ayia Napa, just off the main road to Larnaca, which makes catching a bus or flagging a taxi very easy. The hotel is right on the sea front. The pool over looks Macronisos beach and is very picture-esque - no problems getting a lounger even though the hotel was fully booked

The hotel itself is also very good. Cliental was predominantly late twenties or middle aged families and a mix of English, Itallian and Greek. We stayed half board, but intended to eat out most nights. However, the food was so good in the restaurant (and it was a restaurant - not the pokey cafeterias you normally find) that we ate at the hotel for half of our stay.
Rooms are very clean and fairly spacious - everything you'd expect.

As I said, wev'e stayed at other 4* star establishments in Ayia Napa, but this takes the biscuit for location, facilities, food and friendliness."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

Great for families and couples

"We have just returned from a weeks stay.The hotel is in a perfect position approximately 3km from the centre of Ayia Napa.The hotel pool leads straight onto the beach where numerous water sports can be found.The hotel rooms were excellant!.There was a great selection of food available at the buffet restaurants.Each day was a differant theme for the food choice.
The entertainment was well organized throughout the day and evening.The only downside was the kids club.There is a room allocated for this, but was not taken advantage of by any of the children.We would recommend this hotel for families and couples wanting 4 star quality and service."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of July 2005

perfect location

"A 4 star hotel with 5 star service. 10 mins drive from all nighlife in Ayia Napa or approx £5 in taxi. Staff couldn't have been more friendly or accomodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Just far enough away from bustle to relax properly. Set on Macronisos beach a little quieter than other beaches in the area but crystal clear waters. golden sandy beach and watersports £10 cheaper than other beaches (Jet Ski or Paragliding etc). A favourite with cypriots. Hotel facilities were great inc. 24 hour reception, gym, sauna hairdressers, shop etc. Free activities to try incuding archery. Overall very hospitable and exceptional value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2005

Excellent hotel

"We stayed at this hotel for 4 days with my wife and kids and had a great time. The food,the service, the accommodations, the location are all excellent. I even had a chance to speak to the manager of the hotel who is a us educated young man with great focus on customer service."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

My friend and I stayed at Asterias Beach...

"My friend and I stayed at Asterias Beach hotel for one week and discovered this hotel was nothing like we expected.
Being advertised as a four star hotel we was expecting a four star service. Both being well travelled, this hotel was no more than a three star.
In fact the food was more two star. I've never been on holiday before and felt hungry!
I'm not even a fussy eater, but the food was so bland and badly cooked that I found myself on more than one occassion leaving a plate of untouched food. Unheard of for me! Oh and if you don't like coriander, beware. They put it in all of their dishes. We think they must have a coriander patch near by.
Only twice in the week was we seated when we went to dinner, which in all four star hotels I have stayed in happens automatically.
The cutlery was grubby, the staff looked scruffy, flys around the buffet areas, dirty glasses, bed sheets not being changed every day, (which they should do in a good hotel), especially as they didn't smell very clean! My pillow smelt of cheesy feet! No joke! The list goes on.
Do not stay in this hotel if you don't like being second class to German guests (this hotel should be called Asterias German Beach Hotel), if you like good food, don't want a room with a view of a car park, miserable and unhelpful reception staff.
Do stay at this hotel if you would like to stay in a hotel that is reminiscent of the 70s style Overlook Hotel in horror film The Shining. You won't be disappointed!
Just remember to get up early to reserve your sun lounger, that's if Boris hasn't got there first!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

Hotels near Asterias Beach Hotel

Stayed at Asterias Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Asterias Beach Hotel is also called