Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Split

• heated pool
  • indoor pool

Should be five stars

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Couldn't agree more with Indolover's contribution, so I will only write about my experience at the spa: - the gym has clean and modern machines - the pools are clean and spacious indoors and outdoors - the separate thermal bath is for adults only and quiet - the spa was a true treat, they offered a lot of different treatments with the great products of the French brand Anne Simonin. The atmosphere is a very relaxing one and the quality and prizes comparable to European standards and not at all like the outrageous prizes you often find at the spas at US and Caribbean luxury hotels, where an additional 15% tip is compulsory for the often untrained staff. All the staff here have been trained to excellency and made me feel like a queen. The rooms were clean as were the towels. I often choose hotels according to spa experience and this is indeed one on top of my list now. Reservation is recommended."

• Travel date: 8th October 2010

Great Stay! Very Comfortable!

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"The Radisson is fairly new. The hotel is themed to be a "spa retreat". The beds were amazingly comfortable and the room was spacious and plush. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a getaway still close to the city. It is close to the beach, but a bit away from the old city center - so you will have to travel by car or bus, but only minutes away. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: 6th October 2010

impressive setting but still ramping up ( opening end august 10)

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"very nice view over the see ( except for the nearly abandonned construction site nearby) Decoration lacks some warmth ( it comes I think from choice of coulours) 2 large swimming pools one inside spa & one outdoor ( very cold water there) No restaurant accessible nearby without a car / taxi Beach access is not straitforward"

• Travel date: 1st October 2010

Great stay - very comfortable and excellent staff

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Stayed for one night with a group of friends after a 7 day sailing adventure. Really welcomed the clean and well designed guest rooms. I had a sea view which was stunning. The check in staff were very efficient and friendly. Loved the pool area. Walked to the beach area that is not quite complete. When it is finished, will be amazing. Ate lunch which was fine. Service was very good. Breakfast buffet very impressive. Concierge were very professional and efficient with arrangeing taxis. Highly recomend. A little out of the way from the Palace but 50 Kuna is not a lot for a taxi fare. Spa was fabulous. My husband and I had some treatments and were very impressed with the level of services."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2010

Superb Hotel

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Brand new hotel and therefore everything is in top notch condition, going by their plans it will only get better. Rooms are of a good size, clean linen and plenty of mod-cons; we didn't have a sea-view, but were not too bothered about the view from the room. Food was good, though the a la carte style restaurant isn't opening until next year, so in the meantime it is buffet style only. Facilities were excellent, two pools, one situated outdoor, the other in the spa; faultless service and equipment in the spa including 2 saunas, a steam room, some plunge pools and hot tubs, we opted for a couple of treatments which were first class. It's a short taxi ride (50 kuna) to the town centre as there is no shuttle bus, but there are always plenty of taxis. The beach connection is still under-development, by 2011 there will be a beach bar and improved path to the beach, at present it is a 5 minute walk that isn't that clearly sign-posted. Though the hotel is complete by any standards they are planning more for next year, including a disco in the basement and bike rental facilities. Good bar and terrace area at night with friendly staff. Would certainly come back again."

• Travel date: 19th September 2010

Great start to a lovely new hotel

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"As 4* hotels go, you cannot fault this one. We usually stay in small boutique luxury hotels and avoid chains, however we were pretty impressed with this lovely new Radisson blu branch (open just 20 days when we visited). We had one night (last night in Croatia) here and received a warm welcome (not always guaranteed in Croatia!), had a lovely afternoon relaxing by the very nicely done out pool area and a nice enough evening meal. The restaurant only does buffet style food (no a la carte menu) and as real foodies we were actually impressed, not disappointed with this arrangement - we usually avoid this sort of thing! The rooms are really very nice too. One thing to point out - which didn't bother us due to the 'flying visit' nature of our stay - is that the area around it is still in development. If you look right therefore the landscape isn't beautiful, still under development. However if you look left out of your window, the view over the sea and nearby islands is lovely. I would say this hotel is more intended for business travellers than couples (it's a £10-ish taxi ride out of the main spots), however if you visit knowing this, you shouldn't be disappointed. Good luck to the staff here and all the best for the success of this hotel - keep up the good start!"

• Travel date: 15th September 2010

Disappointing

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Radisson Blu.Was very disappointed in the service.We were given 3 rooms at check in before getting one standard that we had booked.The room was nice with a lovely view of the sea (and the construction of the rest of the hotel).On the first night we tried to have dinner in one of the restaurants only to find a choice of one...and a buffet which I hate.It is a long walk into town and a shuttle bus would be a great idea.We opted for room service which was prompt and hot.Well done. We had been looking forward to the breakfasts as mentioned by a previous guest.Great choice but I found it difficult to get a pot of coffee again the staff were not fully trained.The 'egg lady' if you could call her that could barely crack open an egg let alone cook it! On the first day I was told to go away as she had too many people in the queue.On the second day she was in such a state turning out scrambled egg 'omelettes' that I was told omelettes were off and I could have scrambled or fried.Having recently stayed at a Sheraton with an excellent egg chef I was truly disappointed. The hotel has great potential but is not 'fully open'.It would be a shame for it to be let down by the service.The staff need better training."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2010

Great stay, great staff

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"We stayed for 1 night on a honeymoon trip around Croatia. The hotel had only recently opened so were werent sure what to expect. The building is extremely modern, sleek and clean, and we were greeted with a free welcome drink while we checked in - a nice touch. As we were on our honeymoon we received a free upgrade to a deluxe room, which was really spacious and had a lovely sea view and balcony. We thought it was great. It was also the only hotel we stayed in on our trip that had tea/coffee facilities in the room. The pool area is nice but not that big for the size of the hotel. Unfortunately some building work is going on between the hotel and the seafront which spoiled the view a bit. The location is OK but its a 30 minute walk into the centre so I think the hotel could offer a shuttle bus facility in the evening which would help. The food was really good with an excellent breakfast, I think the best we had in Croatia. The staff were really great - helpful and polite. The guy who attends the pool was a bit useless, but the waiters, front desk staff and doormen were really good. A little note to management - tt would be useful to have floor info (e.g. pool, restaurant) next to the buttons in the lift. Overall I would go back to this hotel if we returned to Split - well designed and well staffed."

• Travel date: 29th August 2010

Some fresh welcome fresh in Split

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"This hotel only opened 3 days before I was there. The hotel is gorgeous. Interior design is super. Outside pool and inside pool are very nice and the spa area is also top of the class. The hotel will soon have its own beach and the breakfast is also very good. All in all this is a SUPER hotel"

• Travel date: 23rd August 2010