Awesome !!!!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"This is right in the HEART of the palace and the old city; it's the best location in Split, which used to be reserved for the Gods, or so they say.

The staff is very accommodating and they treat each guest as if that individual is the only guest.

The hotel was named after the vestibule in the heart of Diocletian's Palace and the walls in the rooms are over 1700 years old.

This facility is absolutely exceptional!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Unique jewel, home away from home...

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"To put all my impressions into one, I would say WONDERFUL!. The hotel is a monument divided but united, an architectural opera d'arte, synthesis of antique roman ruins and modern design a la Le Corbusier.
Staff is amazing, very helpful and professional, with incredible knowledge of their city and the establisment in which they work.
If you decide to visit this temple of lux and joy, be sure to reserve a table in their restaurant. We had seabass (I think they pronounce it "lubin"), and it followed up with the complete taste of our stay.
I'll go back there, hope you will too!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of May 2007

Can't say enough good things...

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The rooms are beautiful and extremely comfortable, the location is right inside the old town, and the staff are extremely helpful and competent. To top it off, you can even get an ancient Roman wall right in your room! Not cheap, but well worth the cost."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of March 2007

A favorite part of our trip

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed in the Hotel Vestibul for 3 nights in July of 06. We loved the hotel and the location. The room was comfortable with a nice bathroom. The location is inside the old city's center which is fun to explore during the day and has a host of resteraunts and cafes at night. We really loved to explore the old city and were very appreciative that our hotel was right in it's center. When we were there, the Split Summer Festival was taking place and an outdoor Opera was held nightly just steps from our hotel. The actors would take breaks in the hotel courtyard.
As previously mentioned, there are only 7 rooms and we really did feel personal attention from the staff. The breakfast was always wonderful. Our waitress was very attentive and full of travel tips and other useful information.
We were very pleased with our decision to stay there and it became a favorite part of our trip along the Dalmation coast."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of December 2006

everyting amazing

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"this hotel is somenthing you can just wish for! In the heart of the city centre, I slepped in the Palace! It'a absolutely amazing..the staff is excelent, food great and the hotel looks great! it is a little bit difficult to find it but i managed!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of December 2006

a treat if you need one

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"The Vestibule Palace is unique in a city that really has nothing to offer in terms of good hotels. Location, style (if you like it modern), staff and 'look and feel' are above average. Having said that: for the rates charged one could actually expect even more, if one was really comparing. W-LAN in your room, for example. Not there. My room brochure just said 'use dedicated socket for modem connection". Since I was only there 1 night, I did not ask, but I could not get a wireless connection in the lobby either. Breakfast was fine but I did expect a bit more professional distance, being the only guest. Maybe the waitress was bored. Conclusion: I needed a decent bed in a comfortable surrounding and I got just that plus a stylish and unique setting - no complaints. I will come again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Little Gem within the Palace Walls

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"My husband and I just returned from a two week trip to Croatia and we stayed 3 nights at the Vestibul Palace Hotel. This hotel is within the old palace walls so it is very convenient. The hotel is a mix of old and new as this used to be a convent. The walls are centuries old but all the furnishings are very sleek and modern. The rooms are very modern and well appointed with a large bathroom with a walk-in shower (no bath). The hotel only has 7 rooms so I would suggest you book early. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was the best of all the hotels that we stayed at. In fact, they will make you eggs to order or an omelet at no extra charge."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

Best Hotel in Split, Hands Down

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"There is no question that the Hotel Vestibul Palace is the best hotel to stay in in Split. The city's other hotels seem a little run down but the Vestibul Palace is completely modern and extraordinarily comfortable. Each of the eight rooms is unique. There are wonderful ammenities, great showers, flat screen televisions, etc.Plus it is in a wonderful location in the old city and boasts a really delicious restaurant. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, be sure to stop by the for a bite to eat. Most importantly, the service is impeccable. Because there are only 8 rooms, the men and women who work at the hotel are able to give guests personal attention. We got a little lost finding the hotel and one employee met us in the main parking area of Split, took our car from us and directed us to another employee who showed us to the hotel. They went out of there way to make us feel comfortable. I didn't love Split but i would go back just to stay at this hotel. It is a bit more expensive then the other hotels but you get what you pay for..."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

No Pets Allowed

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We planned to stay at this hotel during our trip to Croatia, but even tho the website requested details of pets, we were told by email that pets were not allowed!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006

Vestibule Palace

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This hotel is in a great location, right smack in the central part of the palace in a quiet corner tucked behind the ancient vestibule. The rooms are pretty small, but very modern and fresh. The restaurant is quite good, and a very nice breakfast is included. I would stay here for the location, and I recommend a tour of the palace at night, when it is cool and less crowded."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006