Adriana, hvar spa hotel

Obala Fabrika 28, Hvar, Hvar Island 21450 Croatia

Mixed Experience

Good

"The hotel is lovely, and the staff very friendly and helpful. Little things could have made out visit better, however. I would stay there again, even though it was not perfect.

And our fish dinner at the hotel restaurant was great.

Issues:

The gym is tiny... and only 2 aerobic machines. And one of those was broken. Not good.

Also: as beautiful and contemporary as the rooms are, the functional aspect was forgotten in the design. For instance:

* the hairdryer is hardwired in the closet. You have to stand to dry your hair.
*There is no mirror at the "vanity" area so you can't put on makeup there.
*The shower is divided from the room by glass so teenagers who want privacy cant get it.
* Electric plugs are badly placed, in the interests of the design look.

Also: the airconditioning in one of our rooms was not working when we arrived. I was told it would be fixed in 10 minutes. When we returned from the beach 4 hours later, it still was not working.

And the person at the beach tried to charge us for beach chairs, even though we had been told they were included in our room charge. Fortunately, I had the e-mail to prove it.

And check out was very slow.... again, the person working that night did not have the correct information about the price we had been promised.

Having said that, everyone was lovely and very apologetic for the errors, and no one questioned whether or not I was right. They accepted what I had said (tho my e-mails on my blackberry probably helped.)"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of August 2009

marvellous hotel but...

"The hotel itself is perfect: a magnificent location with a view of the charming harbour and the old town, particularly the arsenal, immaculate service, a comfortable suite with a large bed and bathroom, a great breakfast (although with a limited choice of fresh fruits, only pineapple, kiwi, apples and oranges), particularly the pancakes are a great treat, a delicious dinner on the terrace, a large rooftop swimming pool and a terminal with complementary internet access. The hotel has a beach club with terrace and lounge chairs, "The Bonj", a few hundred meters from the hotel, close to its (huge) sister hotel, Amfora. The town centre and around the harbour is traffic free.
The is just one problem: we arrived Saturday evening by ferry from Split and an open air bar and night club, one hundred meter from the hotel, produced a terrible, heavy bass sound until sunrise. A quiet night sleep was impossible. It is hard to understand why this noise was tolerated not only by the hotel but also by the local residents. Fortunately, the disturbing noise was only Saturday night.
One final suggestion: try the best mouthwatering ice cream in the ice cream parlour, just right of the arsenal."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2009

Sleeping in a discotheque

"Enough said about the great harbor, the hotel, the rooms, what counts is what made our stay a horror: if you have a room to the front the night club next door will "entertain" you until 3am, and if you have a room to the side, the inhouse disco (rooftop) will blow out your ears. We complained multiple times, and the hotel manager gave us the impression we were the first people ever to complain, but going down to the reception at midnight, I found myself in good company: people in their pyjamas and bathrobes shouting at the receptionist. There was no solution, so we asked for our money back.
This is a 5 star hotel, but with such a noise, it takes away at least 3 stars.
We were staying off season, so in July, August expect this to be unbearable. I suggest you choose Amfora hotel which off the highstreet of Hvar.
What else? Every second bill you get in this town and hotel is wrong: too many drinks charged, wrong food, wrong spa treatments. You end up checking every line item"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

Magical Hvar & Adriana a real GEM!

"Hvar is the most beautiful place I have visited in croatia!!! Adriana was a great boutique hotel located right in the harbour of Hvar! Last timed we stayed at Riva (see my review ...a Small Luxury Hotel) and this time we stayed at Adriana ( a member of Leading Hotel of the World) This hotel has only 55 rooms, restaurant located right on the water with great views over the spanish fortress, the main sqaure and the harbour of hvar. Staff was just great, real genuine care! Hotel is contemporary but not over the top with main colours of lavender and white. Lavender because I guess the main crop of the island is lavender. Must be amazing in July to see. We stayed in a spa suite which was a nice two room suite approx 42 sqm. With the suite we git access to Bonj private beach club which is something like you see in the south of france but even better. The nice thing about Hvar, no ques, no pretencious people, and just a real authentic experience...the Med as it once was!! other hint is to visit the TOP BAR at the top of the hotel. Great place for drink or light lunch. Hotel has amazing pool on the roof with a beautiful sun deck area over the harbour. super stay, great service, and very nice visit again!!! We will return to the Adriana."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2009

Splendid !

Good

"We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights, including the New Year' Eve. As we were with our 2 kids of 3 and 5, we booked a suite, which turned out to be two rooms connected with each other. It was quite spacious, no problems getting around with 2 + 2. The bathroom was breathtaking (a gigantic jacussi with glass walls all around, heated floor). The rooms had fantastic seaview. The hotel is newly renovated, looks and feels fresh, the rooms are furnished in an elegant, trendy style. We liked it a lot.

Pros: No Russians seen, heard or smelled during our stay. Location is great, fantastic, just 5 meters from the bay, the water in the harbour has an incredible colour, no issues on the smell of it. The hotel is renovated in a chic, trendy style, without any byzantine overdose. No problems with room service either, nor any fixtures in the room. Great roof-top bar, indoor swimming pool. The Sensori Spa is magnificent, worth all the money spent. Quiet and peacefull surroundings, as hotel located on a strict pedestrian zone (BUT SEE THE CONS !).

Cons: NO PARKING LOT IN CLOSE PROXIMITY ! The closest place You are allowed to leave Your car is like 10 min walk up a long stairway. No problem, if You are single, but imagine a family with 2 kids + large luggage + baby carriage... :/ This is due to the fact, that the hotel is located on a strict pedestrian zone.

Generally a great place to stay and return to again, we believe it is a thriving, vibrant hot spot during summer, however New Year turned out to be a bit too cosy there..."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of April 2009

Great vacation spot, nice relaxation

"We had such a great stay at the Adriana it is difficult to know where to start. The staff was very helpful and they gave us "five stars" servise. The grounds were very clean and well maintained including the spa and the swimming pool. The view from the balcony is breathtaking (million dollar view)....not to mention unbelievably clear blue sea. We rented a one bedroom and the furnishings were very nice. Yoga instructor became our "best friend" and he even took us for a long walk in the nature.
We are already planning to go back next year....can't wait."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of April 2009

Disappointing

"I was really looking forward to staying here and i have to say I was very dissppointed. The rooms are small with no bath. The pool is indoors and the staff in the bar are very very very rude not what you expect for 200 pounds a night. On the pluss side the views were incredible from our rooms and the reception staff were nice but would I go back or recomend this hotel..... NO."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

Favorite part of our honeymoon! Great hotel.

"My wife and I stayed at the Adriana for four nights during our honeymoon in Croatia and Venice. Hvar was absolutely the best part of our entire trip. The hotel staff said that September is the best time of year to go, because most of the tourists have left.

The room was similar in style to a W hotel (modern lighting and furniture). We booked a room with a balcony, though I would have rather had a room on the front of the building without the balcony but better views of the harbor. The hotel has a cool sundeck and pool on the upper floor, but you can go over to its sister hotel the Amfora, which has an awesome pool and beach. I would stay at the Adriana though vs. the Amfora, because the Adriana's location is much better (much closer to the town).

My wife had a massage and said it was the best massage she has ever had.

We booked a package that included a free dinner. The restaurant is along the harbor (same place where you eat breakfast each morning) and the atmosphere is great. The food at dinner was fair and the breakfast buffet was good."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Amazing Romantic Break Away

Good

"The Adriana Hotel was a lovely stay. I recommend this hotel to anybody who needs a much needed break away in the sun, and for some private time with the love of your life.

I spent 5 days at the Adriana, and I now wish I spent 7 days. It was a present for my 30th birthday, on the day I arrived the staff even presented a surprise birthday cake!

Hotel
The hotel itself is lovely, a boutique style hotel, that feels incredibly intimate and luxurious. The rooms are small, but the sea views, top quality furnishings, and twice a day room cleaning well made up for the limited space.The facilities of the hotel were great. having breakfast every morning was an absoloute joy, sitting on the harbour in the sun, with your choice of an excellent breakfast buffet is the best way to wake up. The pool area was fantastic with a good choice of cabannas and sunbeds to lie in. The pool was a little strange in that it was indoors but the actual pool is lovely though, and with a great sunroof on top, it almost feels like your swimming outside.

Service
The service overall is what I call very green, but at least it feels like the hotel staff are still trying to learn and please. There is not a lot of proactiveness on their behalf, so you constantly have to ask for things. From little things like coffee in the morning, (you have to literally track someone down to get refills), to not communicating to hotel guests that the pool would be out of service for 24 hours on one of the hottest days of the week!! When you are only there for 4 days, one day of not having the pool was incredibly disappointing. Aside from that, when you actually asked the staff for anything, they genuinely went out of their way to accomodate you (without the arrogance that you can get in some of these european flash hotels.)

Summary
Best parts: welcome bday cake, breakfasts, friendly staff, pool area, sea view rooms, roof top bar, expensive room furnishings with super comfy beds and linen, & adrinana spa.

Worst parts: Out of service pool, small bathrooms, non experienced staff and service, a little noisy at night time.

All in all, we saw the other hotels in Croatia and believe the Adriana to be the best there. If you are after a romantic get away (probably not the most child friendly hotel) then I highly recommend you to stay here!!!!! It was probably one of the best get aways I have had in the past few years, and I am an avid traveller!!! Well done Adriana for making my birthday incredible."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of August 2008

Perfect stay

"In a nutshell, the Adriana was fantastic. It is a boutique hotel with only 35 or 40 rooms. The highlights below:

Location: Could not be more perfect. Right in the middle of the harbor, close walking distance to the beach and all the restaurants.

Rooms: Very nice, very modern. Jacuzzis in the room, very comfortable living room area and multiple flat screen tvs. The beds were a touch hard, but good pillows.

Amenities: Great pool, nice spa.

Service: Warm, friendly and very capable. The concierges spoke perfect English and were able to make good restaurant reservations for us, recommend excursions and set up private transfers back to Split airport.

The Adriana is part of the most upscale, exclusive, hotel chain on Hvar island. As a guest, you get access to all the facilities at the other hotels, plus their fleet of yachts and their private beach club."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

excellent staff

Good

"Stayed at the Adriana for 4 nights , staff was excellent ,rooms cleaned twice a day ,views from our window were of the harbour,only fault was noisy at night because of the hotels club .Excellent location .Overall a great place to stay."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

Expensive but Good

"Stayed at the Adriana for 3 nights in June in a full seaview room.

The hotel is newly renovated and all furnishings and fixtures are top-notch if a bit bizarre... to be expected of a design hotel.

No issues to report. The hotel, services and location are great. It's the sort of friendly and professional service you should expect of this class of hotel. For example, I dropped postcards at the front desk and simply received a "No problem. We'll take of it." attitude and no postage charges.

There are a few things worth noting:

1. Rooms are quite small. As a single, it was more than adequate. As a couple, it might be a little close.

2. There isn't a huge difference in Seaview and Partial Seaview rooms, especially given they are small so you don't spend a lot of time lounging and enjoying.

3. The hotel is right on the harbor so is very convenient. Nothing is very far including other properties in the same chain like the Amfora.

4. There is a great roof-top bar that I can only assume becomes quite the popular spot during high season.

5. The beach club at the Amfora is a short walk away and open to guests for an additional charge of 250 Kuna per day.

That it was fully worth the price, I don't know. For only 2-3 nights, sure. For a week, I would rather have found simpler accommodations or rented a flat."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2008

Hotels near Adriana, hvar spa hotel

Stayed at Adriana, hvar spa hotel? Share your insight.

Adriana, hvar spa hotel is also called

• Hotel Adriana