Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel

Delicious food, comfortable rooms

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Very modern and clean hotel. Although It's a little bit far away from the center and the sea but I enjoyed staying in this hotel. Highly recommend..."

• Travel date: 28th August 2009

Fantastic!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We booked this hotel before it opened in June and knew we were taking a chance but we got a great deal for our week's stay. This is quite possibly the most spectacular hotel I have ever been in. We had a fantastic view of the sea and the pool area, the room was spotless and very comfortable - biggest bed i've ever seen! My six year old son spent the week either in the outdoor pool, indoor pool or the shower! We travelled into Dubrovnik several times, the bus stop is right outside the front entrance. You have access to the Valamar President hotel which has a great beach area (rocks, not sand). Also look out for the shopping arcade attached to the Argosy hotel, again just outside the front entrance (road heading downhill on the right), there are a couple of cafe's restaurants and shops - enough to keep you occupied for a while. The food in Lacroma is also excellent, the breakfast includes everything you could possibly wish for, we also ate in the fine dining restaurant which was great. The staff were excellent, particularly to my son treating him like the little "adult" he so wants to be. Florian, the Bar & Restaurant Manager befriended my son and he still remembers his "friend" from Lacroma. Overall, can't fault this place - given the opportunity, I would return in a moment!!"

• Travel date: 27th August 2009

Would be the best only if...

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"The only problem of the hotel is its distance to the beach. Service, rooms and are perfect food and beverage. Hotel is situated on a small hill and it does not have a direct access to the beach (or at least I couldn't find:) ). You have to walk down the path for nearly 10 minutes to reach to two private beaches: One of them was Copacabana, the other one I don't remember right now. You can go to downtown Dubrovnik easily from the bus stop in front of the hotel (Nr 6-10 minutes)."

• Travel date: 20th August 2009

Perfect Choice For Discovering Dubrovnik...Go there..! :)

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"VALAMAR is a local chain of Croaita.. They have many hotels, but Lacroma Resort is the newst one.. I stayed at this hotel with my fiancee between 2nd-9th of August.. It is a brand new hotel, with very modern furniture and bright atmosphere.. It is at the Lapad area. Babin Kuk is tha name of specific area.. You can tkae the bus number 6 (Babin Kuk-Pile) to go to Old Town. There is a bus station right in front of the hotel.. Very good location. It takes about 15-20 minutes to go to Old Town.. We accomodated at room #4084. It was a room with a sew view and balcony. I definitely suggest visitors to choose rooms with sea view since it is fantastic.. All other guests who do not have a sea view were always on the bar area to watch the sunset - it is fantastic.. Room was very comfortable with a huge bed.. Bathroom and amenities were new and useful..There is a TV in the room with a USB connection so I connected my i-pod to it.. TV channels could be more, but who watches TV on such a paradise, right? :) Lacroma is not near the sea, but you can walk to Valamar President Hotel and use their beach free of charge.. During check-in guests are given a Towel Card. With this card guests can get a fresh towel every day.. I wish I knew this before, so I would not carry my towel in my suitcase.. Pool area is very nice, with sea view..Sunbeds are nice, they have a separate piece to cover head.. Ragusa SPA is fantastic..During my 1 week stay I had a Ragusa Partial Massage (which was the special offer of the week for 178 Kuna or something like that..). I was sooo happy with this massage that I took a Total Body Massage 2 days later :) They have very nice saunas (one soft, one normal.), steam room, and relaxation room with real waterbeds.. Fitness are was pretty small, but enough for guests though.. Breakfast is very rich..They have a lot of choices, you cannot decide what to eat..They're all very delicious so you eat everything :) Service, generally is pretty slow..But this is the same in Dubrovnik generally.. So, no big deal.. Food & Bevarage prices are good. You can order a Hamburger for 35 Kuna.. It is very delicious.. You don't have to go to another restaurant out of the hotel.. Just order the room service and enjoy your meal at your balcony.. Cleanliness.. Well, general areas were perfectly cleaned but I cannot say the same for the room.. during the 7-nights stay, there was no standard of Housekeeping.. There is a kettle in the room. They give tea and coffe as an option. One day there was both coffe&tea. The next day there was just coffe and no tea. The next day there were nothing, and even dirty cups were not taken from the room. There was dust on the table, not wiped.. I do not prefer my towels to be refershed everyday because I do not do this in my own house, and I want to protect the environment.. So I hung them on the wall but despite of this, there were fresh towels every day.. OK, it was very nice for me but loss of money and resources for the hotel.. Staff is very very nice.. Especially Front Office staff is very helpful.. I met F&B Manager Mr. Florian.. He is very very hospitable, very kind.. He is a great value for the hotel.. All team is trying their best.. It is a very new hotel so it is not easy to settle some things.. I have a message for the Lacroma team : Be proud of yourselves, you've done a really good job.. Overall speaking.. Recommendation for guests : Go to this hotel.. Don't hesitate.. It is very new, very good decoration, very comfortable rooms, very nice pools and spa.. PS: Don't take towels in your suitcase..They already provide free towels everyday.. :)"

• Travel date: 19th August 2009

Lovely location, Lovely hotel, So-so service

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I spent a week here with my partner and would be happy to recommend the hotel to other people, with one or two minor caveats. The rooms are lovely. Fairly minimalist and very modern (As you would hope for with a brand new hotel). We had a room with a sea view and balcony - which was wonderful, with a view across to some of the Elaphite islands. One slight issue was that there was some noise from the outdoor bar area up til midnight but this did not interfere with our stay. The communal areas are very clean and modern too. The look of the whole hotel is superb. The grounds are nice as they are but once the planting is established they will be absolutely stunning. The pools are the best I have ever used. The indoor pool is in a lovely spa-like room and the outdoor pool is one of the "Infinity" type pools and has sections that are somewhat jacuzzi like. It has lovely views of the surrounding coastline and mountains and gets the sun all day. The free towels and plentiful sun loungers are a welcome bonus. The food quality was wonderful at breakfast. So much choice!!! We were half board and found the breakfast to be far superior to the evening meals - all of it is buffet and there is plenty of choice, but the evening meals were rather bland. The location of the hotel is on the Babin Kuk peninsular, which is about 6KM outside of the old city itself. There is a nearby shopping complex (150yds from the hotel) for basic essentials, foodstuffs and souvenirs. There is a local bus stop outside the hotel and for 10 Kuna you can get into the old city within 25 minutes. In short, The hotel has a classy feel to it. Almost like a business hotel, but without the suits and stuffyness. The clientèle at the hotel are very varied in nationality. There are a lot of German guests, Italians and French. I think I saw about ten other English people on the complex whilst we were staying (Which was fine by us). The staff.... Well, this is where things fall down a little bit. The front desk staff were very helpful and quick to serve you. 5 out of 5. However, we found the bar and waiting staff to be highly overworked and thus in a rush and somewhat stressed. They were competent but through overwork they became increasingly less friendly. I recall waiting for more than 30 minutes for two simple drinks and a sandwich on two lunch times by the pool bar! On two evenings we did not get served at our table by the wine waitress / table cleaning staff. They were just too busy!! A couple of other members of staff on regular duty were nearly always rather surly. Including the young lad on the fresh juice counter at breakfast and one very overworked pool bar waiter. The cleaners were fine but did not always replenish tea and coffee stocks in the room. So, the facilities, appearance and location of this hotel are excellent and easily reach the 4 Star rating. the food just about makes it to a 4 star, thanks to the lovely breakfast option. However, the service received from key areas (Waiting / Bar staff in particular) was less than one would expect from a 4 star complex. If the hotel could employ a few more waiters / bar staff then this would bring the levels up to scratch. Overall I give this hotel a low 4 out of 5 rating,which is obviously good. However, I personally put a lot of emphasis on service at hotels and most people would no doubt give this a high 4 out of 5 or indeed a 5 out of 5 rating."

• Travel date: 12th August 2009

Highly recommended location, hotel, City and things to do. Fantastic

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Our stay My boyfriend and I booked this trip to Dubrovnik only four days before we were due to fly out, last minute on Expedia. Good discounted rate and good flight times to make the most of a short stay. We stayed at the Valamar Lacroma Resort for four nights in July 09 and I have to say, the hotel was remarkable in many ways. The hotel's about 30 minutes from the airport in a taxi (300K) and is set about a mile away from the Old Town itself. It’s a large resort, probably more geared towards conferences, but had everything for a short stay if you want to leave the hotel and explore or if you wanted to go all inclusive. The hotel only opened in May this year and was therefore spotlessly clean and shiny, although the architect does seem to have overdone the white marble effect concrete. Take your flip flops so not to burn your feet and sunglasses for reflection off everything! The grounds were still being finished so there were gardeners around but they didn't disturb our stay. The sea view from our room was gorgeous with lovely sunsets from the balcony and the staff were incredibly friendly with "hello's" all the time. The outdoor infinity pool took a little getting used to the temperature, but was roomy enough for a few lengths and kids playing around without crashing into people. I especially liked the bubble pool, but you had to time it right! The pool bar was functional serving drinks and light snacks and towels provided free was a helpful touch so no need to pack extras. There's also an indoor pool and loungers, again a nice touch to get out of the heat sometimes. The hotel has a spa which did the usual treatments, but I found the therapist a little vague on what she was doing. Good to book appointments in advance and avoid the before dinner slots when everyone wants to look their best. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and could not fault the selection at the breakfast buffet. Be prepared to pour your own coffee though, as I think tea is the favoured early morning hot drink. What we did After finding out bearings, I can highly recommend a visit to Dubrovnik Old Town. The number 6 bus stops right outside the hotel complex and takes you on a fairly pleasant ride to Old Town. Seats are plentiful on the way there, but you are likely to have to stand on the return journey. I can highly recommend the walk around the wall, although take water with you as there are limited resting spots (all charging exorbitant prices for drinks), few shaded areas and only two alternative routes down (as far as we could find) when you need to get your feet back on the ground. We were advised to go to the Old Town once all the cruise ships have left in the late afternoon, and fully support that recommendation. It’s a lot less crowded. A good break from the City was the morning boat ride across to Lokrum (about 20 minutes), which has botanical gardens, rocks to swim off and shaded walks among pine trees. You may even stumble across a wild tortoise or a nudist beach! After an expensive fish restaurant and the usual 'holiday' type restaurant, we found a good restaurant on the last night that had been recommended on the internet previously. Its called Konaba Dundo Maroje and can be found within the Old Town walls at the far end of the main street near to the clock tower. If you face the clock its approximately the second street on the left hand side. Whilst very small in size, the service was attentive, atmosphere comfortable, it was reasonably priced for portion sizes and the calamari and fried fish were lovely. Could have spent much longer here. Beautiful holiday."

• Travel date: 7th August 2009

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Together with my girlfriend we spend 10 days at the Valamar Lacroma Resort. Breakfast buffet is amazing, 2 large swimming pools, 1 outside & 1 inside Rooms, including bathroom, are very clean, large. Choose one with view on the Sea, a little bit more expensive but it is really beautiful. Access to the Spa is free, Sauna, Hamam, Ice foutain The hotel has no beach. But as Valamar has several hotel around you can use the beach of the Valamar President (5 mn walk) We never had diner or lunch at the hotel so I can not give you my opinion. We found out a restaurant in a small shopping center at about 5 minutes walking from the hotel. Meat is terrible. The name of the Restaurant is "Dubrovnia"....try it you will have a good surprise. The only negative point I can see is the fact that "Croatian" people in general are not very friendly. Otherwise we spend a really good time in Croatia and at the Valamar Lacroma Resort. Do not hesitate to book."

• Travel date: 5th August 2009

Modern, stylish with excellent service

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"Valamar Lacroma was newly opened when I stayed there and some work was still ongoing, mostly outside as the building, pools, conference center etc were just finishet but as the room I had booked not ready yet. This rendered me a free upgrade to one of the junior suites which was great, with an almost unobstructed view of the sea and sunset from the balcony (one tall hotel building was somewhat in the way), large comfortable bed in the upstairs bedroom, 2 flatscreen tvs where you can plug your USB in and play the music and movies you want. The outdoors pool is huge, one of the best I´ve seen in Europe, there is an indoors pool almost as big too, and plenty of space around it so it doesn´t feel too crowded. Valamar Lacroma is a huge property but there is plenty of space everywhere actually, neither the lobby nor restaurants or other areas feel crowded due to this. The whole structure is well thought out and the interior and exterior design is consistent, tasteful and modern. Do not expect an intimate, personal feeling, but for a large 4* property this is about as good as it gets, and at 126 € including one of the best breakfast buffets I´ve had it was good value too. The breakfast is optional but highly recommended and there are few alternatives as you can´t really buy your own food outside in the Babin Kuk area where this hotel is located, it´s all hotels and a little mall with one or two convenience stores. For dinner I´d recommend the Komin restaurant, right outside Valamar Lacroma - excellent quality, traditional Croatian and Dalmatian food - try the Razjnice or Komin Plate. Lacroma does not have its own beach, but there are several Valamar properties in the area, and guests can use the Dubrovnik President´s beach for free, a short walk from Lacroma. Babin Kuk is a hotel area with not much else to do but it is easy to get to the main tourist area Lapad (you can even walk there) or Old Town with the buses that stop on the road right outside Lacroma (15-20 min) or taxi (10 min). Last but not least, the service is top notch, Valamar Lacroma has some of the best, most helpful staff I have encountered."

• Travel date: 17th July 2009

Fab Staff, fab location, fab breakfasts!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Just back from a weeks stay at this wonderful hotel which we booked directly with the hotel : Flights Booked our flights independantly with Monarch from Gatwick, which not ideal as we live in the West Midlands (UK) offerred a much better pricxe compared to the BIrmingham and Manchester options. Whilst cabin crew were perfectly polite I won't travel with Monarch again out of choice as the legroom is too tight and the seats felt as though they hadn't been padded - come on Monarch a little effort on the small things goes a long way. Transport to the Hotel Rather irresponsibly I took a gamble on grabbing the first available taxi I could find as I stepped out of the arrivals hall without negotiating the price in a non-metered taxi! No need to worry we were in the comfortable hands of Milan Kozic and his tardis sized Mercedes. How he fitted 4 people and our associated luggage was little short of impressive. He charged a very reasonble 230 Kuna and offerred to take us back to the airport for our return journey which we duly accpeted for a lower price! Wonderful chap fluent'ish in English and German, restored my faith in Taxi drivers. Booking A little nervous I booked this hotel several months ago not certain it was going to be finished in time - an email a week before didn't fill me with confidence either - wellness area and pool not completely finished! Accommodation I booked two Premium Rooms with balcolny for four of us and was very happy. allocated rooms 4036 and 4038 we had stunning views of the Elafiti Islands and Balkan Mountains on the mainland. Good sized beds with a 'choice' of 3 different types of pillow. Well furnished in a modern style, impressive TV with a good selection of channels (well suited to german speakers but English news channels and film channels. One minor grumble, the shower was a little underpowered, but it was plenty hot enough. TIP 1: don't go for the cheaper standard room option pay a little extra as it is so worthwhile Staff A truly lovely welcome was received from the wonderful Toni, Lida and Iva who dealt with our many enquiries swiftly and efficiently. We received an equally hospitable welcome from Ana and Franke on the Guest Relations desk, they spent ages running us through the extensive list of day trips and always asked how we got on when we returned back from our jaunts each evening. Things To Do We did: 1) Three Island Trip to the Elafiti Islands with Included Lunch. Highly recommended as they use a super quaint boat which accommodates no more than 20 people. TIP 2: Some of the boat owners in the Old Town by the harbour offer this trip in much bigger less personal boats - you can't beat the personal touch of a smaller vessel. Also book this trip early on as it may have to be cancelled if the weather is poor, we had to reschedule twice but it was totally worth it. 2) Mostar in Bosnia Herzgovina - a beautiful, characterful town with a stunning bridge, mosque and ancient house once owned by a wealthy Turk - well worth the visit 3) Montenegro Blue - another of Croatia's neighbours with loads to see from the quaint Our Lady of the rocks church (check out the uber camp guy selling souvenirs on the top floor, very informative chap), fantastic walled city of Kotar (if you like the Great Wall of China organise a separate trip and climb their walled fortress very similar if not quite as long!, finally ending up in the wealthy town of Budva for a very impressive included lunch. This town must win the Guiness Book of Records for the tallest townsfolk even the girls seem to average 6 foot! 4) Pilgrimage to Medugorje. Don't be put off if you are not of a religous persuasion. The story ogf the 'vision', the walk up the hill and the 'leaking;' statue make for a thoroughly worthwhile trip. Food The breakfast in the Lacroma was simply excellent, one of the best we have had and they even cook proper bacon, none of your American rubbish! A vast choice of fresh fruit, cold meats, traditional English Breakfast, omelettes, cereals, amazing freshly squeezed fruit juices and the best granary bread I think we've had anywhere. In a nutshell no-one should have cause to go hungry, just about all tastes must surely be accounted for. The fish restaurant hadn't opened until the tail end of our trip , we can however thoroughly recommend the Komin restaurant up the road - we went there three times and always had a great meal, beer and wine equally tasty. In summary, whilst the hotel was 97% complete at the time of leaving I can honestly say the outstanding issues were not an issue, were clearly being rapidly completed and as mentioned by the previous reviewer should result in a stunning hotel in the next few weeks. Don't discount this hotel unless you prefer the Olde Worlde style hotels closer to the Old Town - you can easily do Dubrovnik very thoroughly in two days and the grounds, facilities and location make this hotel a real contender. Thanks to all the staff for making us feel so welcome."

• Travel date: 8th July 2009

This will be a great hotel when it's finished!

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"We booked this hotel for a romantic weekend being assured that the hotel was finished. The hotel was but the pool, grounds and facilities weren't. Having said all this the staff couldn't do enough to make this a special stay. Firstly we were upgraded and the room was magnificent - being ultra modern with high standard fitments , overlooking the sea. We were also given half board when we only paid for bed and breakfast and this included drinks. The food was of a good standard served buffet style. As Valamar owned all the surrounding hotels we were able to use their facilities and so still had a great holiday even if there was a little noise from workmen. I am sure in a few months it will be a high class four star hotel though beware it is geared up for conferences!"

• Travel date: 22nd June 2009

Hotels near Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel

Top traveller tips for Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel

• by bsheerin1234

"Use the Argosy hotel as it feels likeva holiday hotel"

Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel is also called

• Valamar Lacroma Resort
  • valamar lacroma resort dubrovnik
  • lacroma resort dubrovnik