About The Pucic Palace

• private beach
  • tv channel one russia
  • croatian amenities

Good

The Pucic was absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I cannot understand the negative reviews of the Pucic Palace. Our stay there was perfect: The service, the ambience, the overall experience could not have been better. The staff, in particular, were exceptionally helpful, with directions, dinner reservations, suggestions of local shops, etc. They even stored our luggage during a short break in our stay when we went off to Montenegro for two days, and returned for a final night at the Pucic. And our suitcases were waiting in our room when we returned. We loved our room overlooking the marketplace! Cozy and comfortable and beautifully decorated. (And not noisy at all.)"

• Travel date: 11th August 2006

Awful Service - Go Elsewhere

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"This hotel has many, many problems, starting with the attitude of the management. It has a good, although rather noisy location. THe building is beautiful. However, if you expect any type of service (or even a response) from staff, forget about it. For example, they have a nice rooftop terrace restaurant (much better than the one from the lobby extening into the plaza). One waitress and one busboy tried to serve 12 tables. It would have been even worse if some people who were seated didn't get up and leave after being ignored for 30 minutes. The food was mediocre and overpriced (65 KN for 5 calamari rings???). There was a hard sell to choose a more expensive wine. Some of the items on the menu were not available (and apprarently never are -- one of the two recommended apperetifs from the menu has never been served according to the waitress). After many delays, we and others just went to the cashier to pay our bills. When I asked for a manager, I was told none was on duty (at 9:30PM). When the restaurant manager did appear, he blamed us and otehrs for having unreasonable expectations. I guess he is right -- I shouldn't expect good service at Pucic."

• Travel date: 8th July 2006

Incredible

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"just returned this week (June 2006) from a 21 day trip thru croatia and stayed here my last 4 nights (and birthday). this hotel is for the intrepid, sophisticated, boutique loving traveler. the staff become your friends, they are so good to the patrons with recommendations of every kind. the location is brilliant because it's the only one in old town and youcertainly pay for that convenience. it's VERY busy with masses of tourists during the day but after about 6pm and until the next morning it's the only place you wanna be. ask for a room that faces the square so you can wake up to the farmer's market in the morning and receive that great morning sun. and you can get whatever you want for breakfast on the terrace. i LOVED it. stay at the palace hotel if you wanna lay around a pool all day..."

• Travel date: 27th June 2006

Words can not describe the horor.

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"Where to begin. Well I was in Zagreb for business and decided to hop down to Dubrovnik for a few days. My aircraft landed at abouy 7 local time and I was taken to the hotel. Upon arriving I was yelled at by managment for being 'late.' Having stayed at many lovely hotels i found this to be rather bizzare. However, although they had my credit card # on file, they claimed that they didn't know if I was a no-show because I didn't bother to check in at a 'resonable' time. I brushed them off and went up to my room. I went out for a glass of wine and came back for a shower and to go to sleep. I steped into the shower and turned the cold water on and began showering, thinking, etc. when all of a sudden HOT water starts pouring out. I obviously seriously burned myself, complained to managment, and threatened to sue. They gave me a rather dry exuse (while the receptionist was laughing) about how the pumbing can be affected if a guest in another part of the hotel flushes a toilet while your showering. Wow at almost $700 a night I never guessed I would have to take a hotel-wide survey of who was in their bathrooms before showing. I eventually got to bed, and was disgusted by a liquid that I could only hope was water in the bed sheets. When I complained the next morning, they told me that they had just changed the sheet. Furthermore, they informed me that my 'childish' complaints were detracting from the positive experience that other guests were having. I was also informed that if I was not satisfied I was always welcome to leave. I did just that. I will never visit this hellhole again!"

• Travel date: 21st June 2006

Beware!!! Do not stay here

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"The "Pucic Palace" looks more like the "Pucic hostel," in fact there are probablly hostels in the most war-torn parts of the world that are nicer than this overpriced and ugly hotel. I found a beetle in my room and stains on the sheets when I arrived. The management said that the stain was my fault. The room smelled dirty and there were also fresh stains inside the toilet. The staff is extremely unhelpful and the showers don't work. The rooms start at 450 Euro per night, making this hotel the most overpriced hotel in the world. I have never felt so ripped off in my life. These rooms should cost no more than 50 Euro per night"

• Travel date: 13th June 2006

A simple choice really

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Face facts. Dubrovnik old town is gorgeous, stunning, a true one-off. And it only has one hotel within its walls that matches up to its surroundings. Yes it is massively expensive (over 400 euros a night, which is more than all but the very cream of European luxury hotels), yes the attempts to make it a super-stylish designer boutique hotel do not quite come off, and yes the service is haphazard, but there really is no other option if this kind of hotel is your scene. So tough. We stayed here from two nights, liked it a lot, and tried not to think about the price tag. Stay here and you will get a lot more out of Dubrovnik than if you have to trek in from the main hotel areas every day. My advice, if you like this kind of thing and can afford it is to stay here for two or three nights, do the Dubrovnik thing, then move on. But if price, slick service, and small details are likely to wind you up, then avoid it like the plague. Oh and by the way, if this is the first food you eat in Croatia then you will be disappointed. But if you have been in the country a while then you will realise that it is really rather good."

• Travel date: 19th September 2005

nice hotel,shame about the management

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"this seems to be becoming a recuring theme at this excellently positioned hotel.We found the staff helpful and cheerfull but the management unhelpfull.We had a lovely stay/nice food/wine/excursions but this was ruined by a defective aircondition unit on the roof over our room on the last night which ment that i slept in the bath and my wife read her book all night.When we complained to the management in the morning they obviously did not believe us as they claimed there was no problem with the unit.This discussion has been going on between us and the management in turkey and croatia for the last three weeks with no successfull conclusion being reached. So,i can recommend the restaurant/wine list/location but i would advise extreme caution when dealing with the management as they really do not seem to care about customer service and certainly do not believe in the customer being right-in fact they seem to believe exactly the reverse."

• Travel date: 30th August 2005

Mediocre restaurant

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Didn't stay at this hotel but visited for dinner. Lovely room, well located which seemed promising. Food, which was quite expensive, was disappointing, and service hopeless. Waiters looked smart, but were slow, gormless and just not geared up - maitre de' refused to come over to discuss the disappointing meal, but sent the chef, who listened, but didn't seem to have any power or real interest. Better and cheaper options elsewhere."

• Travel date: 16th June 2005

Not quite there yet

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"Can't agree more with the other review. The Pucic is a lovely place to spend a few days, but definitely overpriced for what you get. You get the impression someone has tried really hard to create a 'hip' hotel, wants to charge 'hip' rates, but is kind of learning the ropes as they go along. Some of the little things we noticed (apart from the BIG bill & 22% VAT): exposed electric wires behind a nasty plastic cover (that fell off) in the bathroom. A bed that rolled around the floor (you couldn't sit up with your head on the wall mounted headrest or else you'd end up in the bathroom). Tea cups served on side plates (not saucers). Fairly loud cleaning of next door rooms, early in the morning. Etc. OK so these are little details, but it's the attention to detail that marks a hotel worth 450+ euros a night from the rest. So I think they either need to reduce their prices a little or smarten up their act a little before they can score above average, in my view."

• Travel date: 23rd May 2005

Great Hotel, Great Location, But Astronomical Price

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"My wife and I just returned from 10 days in Croatia, which we finished off by splurging on 3 nights at the Pucic Palace. First the good: as the only hotel within the city walls of Dubrovnik, the location is incomparable, and the beds, linens, bathrooms and service are all at a level far above anything else in Croatia. My only non-financial complaint was that you're on your own when it comes to parking. We had a great time. The problem comes when the bill arrives. The only rooms available when we made the reservation were executive rooms at a rate of 565 euro/night (the cheapest rooms were 465 euro/night). Our confirmation email noted that this rate was exclusive of 22% VAT, which would be waived if payment was made in advance. However we were never asked if we wanted to pay in advance, and I assumed I'd be able to get the VAT refund as we left the country. Wrong. So ultimately we ended up paying 690 euro ($810) per night. When we inquired about a VAT refund at the hotel, no one seemed to know if it was possible, and didn't seem interested in finding us an answer. We only got a definitive answer at the Zagreb airport. Bottom line: if you go, MAKE SURE TO PAY IN ADVANCE. Even so, the cheapest room without the VAT will run you $570. The very nicest rooms at the Excelsior or Villa Argentina are only 60% as much. Would I have been happy paying $400 for my room? Absolutely. $500? Maybe. $800? Nope."

• Travel date: 18th September 2004

Hotels near The Pucic Palace

The Pucic Palace is also called

• The Pucic Palace Hotel
  • pucic palace hotel dubrovnik
  • pucic palace dubrovnik