Importanne Resort Dubrovnik

Kardinala Stepinca 31c, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia

Best view, great rooms

"I have been with my family three nights on October, If you arrive to the hotel at the same situation ask for room #1 or 2. It a suite which contain three rooms, enough space to live there one month. Service is excellent, and there is good transportation for the old city 2 minutes from the hotel.
We enjoy here very much. But I must say that there were not any special activities (animation) for kids, and the pools area is not so suitable for kids
Wifi is free everywhere include in the rooms"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of October 2009

Relaxing stay at the Importanne!

"During my exploration of the Dalmatian Coast I discovered the Importanne Resort and was very pleased with my experience. The resort has a great pool and sun tanning area with amazing views of the Adriatic. My room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. I opted for the Breakfast and Dinner buffet and felt like I got my monies worth, plenty of options for all types of tastes.

All encounters with staff were positive, they are very pleasant and helpful to direct you towards the Old City (which is easy reached by a bus which comes nearby every 15 minutes). I will be going back again!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of September 2009

Always Remember

"We have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Importanne Resort In Dubrovnik. The newly renovated resort exceeded all our expectations. The rooms and bathrooms were very spacious, clean and modern. The outdoor salt water pools were on the sea front and refilled with clean water daily. The view of the Adriatic Sea was breathtaking and the water was crystal clean. The resort had a gym that I used regularly and a wonderful nature path that I would jog through in the morning. The food was great, I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We loved this hotel and recommend this hotel to people visiting Dubrovnik."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Importanne Resorts is a true Gem!

Good

"My family (myself, my wife and 3 young children under 8 years of age) stayed 3 nights at Importanne Resorts in Dubrovnik, Croatia.

The hotel exceeded all our expectations. The staff was incredibly professional and the amenities were new and fully renovated.

The outdoor pools were on the seafront and have an incredible view on Lapad bay. From your pool chair, you can either choose to swim the in the Adriatic Sea or in the hotel salt water pool (I noticed they change the water daily).

The rooms were spacious and the shower water pressure was very good (I always look for this detail!)

The guests were sophisticated and the buffet breakfast was a true enjoyment.

As with all hotels, there are some negative points, but the ones that I encountered at Importanne Resorts were minor and not worthy of mention.

In conclusion, the hotel is a true 5 star gem, I am already planning my return in late fall!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of August 2009

The most stunning views I've ever experienced

Good

"I have just returned from the Importanne Resort in Dubrovnik and have had a wonderful time from start to finish. Dubrovnik can be expensive, and the Importanne Suites have been newly renovated to achieve a 5 STAR rating so in spite of Croatia being out of the Euro do not expect a cheap package deal . I would say that what we got was value in that it was a classy resort with good facilities and a beautiful, spotless suite. Drinks round the pool were fairly priced but as with all 4/5 star facilities cost can mount up with small kids. Minor negatives were there were no eggs/omelettes made fresh at breakfast and only news channels in the room, although we spent little time there. Outside breakfast which was generally very good we ate mostly in the old town, but enjoyed a couple of excellent meals in the hotel's Restaurant Zoe overlooking the spectacular blue Adriatic. What made the trip for us however were the staff in the hotel who were friendly and efficient and I was astonished to return to an e-mail from the owner thanking me for my custom and hoping for a speedy return. He will not be disappointed!"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of July 2009

Amazing, beautiful for weddings & honeymoons

"We have just returned from the Importanne Resort after a 7 day stay with over 20 guests. So much more beautiful when see in person. We had our wedding in St. Blaise's church last week and held the reception in outdoor area of the resort which caters for the hotel neptun/ariston and importanne suites. All the guests stayed in the hotel netpun while my husband and myself were upgraded to the Importanne Suites. Everyone was delighted with the Neptun, and the suites were amazing. The setting and views are so romantic. Our wedding and our stay could not have gone any better. The staff were extremely friendly, and the whole stay was excellant value for money. Will be back again on one of our wedding anniversaries. Tip - check out the cocktails and make sure to get a room with a sea view."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of July 2009

What a VIEW!!!

"Dubrovinik was amazing! Spending the day exploring the beautiful city, eating delicious food and staying at a GREAT hotel. The Importanne boasts an incredible view of the Adriatic with paths to explore and is just minutes away from the old city by bus.
The staff was extremely helpful and directed us to great restaurants and provided us with a great room-spacious, clean and modern. We loved it and would recommend the Importanne to tourists going to Dubrovnik. Thanks Hotel Importanne1"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

AMAZING! Want to go back! Importanne!

"My email to the Manager should say it all!!!!!!

I knew by the first email you sent that you care about your guests before they even arrived at the hotel that this would be a special experience and it was!

I wanted to write you back and let you know what an amazing hotel and staff you have! There are several people that we would like to point out that should be praised for their exemplary customer service skills and going above and beyond for us making our stay with you EXCEPTIONAL!!!!

Service amazing! Room amazing! View amazing! Grounds amazing! Housekeeping amazing! A+++ for the resort overall!

Inga the Concierge is wonderful. She really, really helped us out a lot. We looked for her when we left to leave her a nice tip but she was not on the property and we did not want to leave it without being able to hand it to her directly. She helped us with many of our plans. Gave great tips and really extended her services beyond what a normal concierge would have done. You are very lucky to have her on staff and please thank her for us.

I don’t know the names of the other three people but want you to know that they blew us away with how proactive, nice, and accommodating they were. The bellboy/front desk younger man that works in the daytime. He took the time to share places to go with us, recommend good casual places to eat and was always so nice and friendly. The young lady that works the day shift front desk. She was so helpful with every question we had and really took service to the next level and was so sweet. Last but not least…the wonderful older gentleman that I pointed out to you that works the front desk. He upgraded our room upon arrival and this was so wonderful. He was always funny and we really liked talking to him and he really is a professional in the area of fine quality customer service. This is someone that you need to HOLD ON to and keep! Between my first interaction with you and the other folks that I have mentioned here, I would come back for sure and stay in a heartbeat.

You have a wonderful place and a wonderful staff. You made our trip so memorable and I will never forget it."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of May 2009

Perfect suite

"The resort itself consists of 2 hotels(Neptun and Ariston) and the Importanne Suites - in a separate building. Facilities are all shared so there's a large breakfast room and patio and an irregular shaped bathing area with 2 pools. Plenty of outdoor bar and bbq areas. The suites are very spacious - our party of 4 booked the top floor centre suite which consisted of 2 large bedrooms either side of a generous size well fitted lounge/kitchen area. The long balcony afforded a great view of the sea and nearby islands. Very clean throughout - excellant bathrooms(3 in our suite). We were recommended a good restaurant less than 5 minutes away - Komin which has an indoor bbq and served good fairly priced food and wine. We also ate at Restaurant Levante - just 250 metres along the seaside path towards Lapad. As mentioned by other reviewers the No. 6 bus from just up the road is a regular service which stops right at the edge of Dubrovnik old town. Cavtat is also worth a visit - about 25 minutes away."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Loved breakfast.

"A party of eight adults stayed at the Importanne and our overall impression was great. The breakfast is very comprehensive and serves just about all the usual things, plus you can order ommlettes or fried eggs to suit.
The rooms are quite small but adequate. They are cleaned daily.
There are numerous sunbeds and parasols, either on bedrock or by the pools. Entry to the sea is generally by two sets of ladders or diving in from rocks/platforms.
We found a lovely bar about 400m towards Lapad with sea outlook that was cheaper than drinking in the hotel bar and was open til midnight.
There was a bus into the old City (6) or preferably the local shuttle bus, air con and quicker, with less stops, from the bus stop at The President Hotel. This cost 8K pp each way and lasted 1 hour from when you boarded a bus.
The Old Town was magical for eating/drinking and only once did we get 'rippedoff' on drinks at a bar adjacent to the Jazz Bar where they served local spirits and charged for Gordons etc. (see my review on food and drink). Overall, Dubrovnih had a certain unique charm and I would have to go back there to see so much more.
We had a few hours in Cavtat by water taxi and that seems to be a place well worth a weeks visit too."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of September 2008

very dissapointed

"We stayed at Neptun Importanne for a week in connection with a wedding elsewhere in Dubrovnik. We found the Hotels only selling points to be its view and location. The food in the restaurant Zoe was at times unedible. The waitors did not understand us, constantly gave us the wrong food and was clearly annoyed when we wanted the right food. We had chicken that tasted so much of fish that we could not eat it. Found an basic lack of knowledge about food and service. Breakfast was the only 4 star element on our holiday. With friendly and serviceminded staff. The bartender at the Beach Bar was VERY rude. And went as far as being insulting at times. We where a large group (40+) and nearly everyone had problems with him, some almost ending in physical confrontations. When leaving the pool wearing a bathingsuit, sarong and a towel, the manager told my fiance "nice outfit". We did not enjoy our stay at this hotel and are left with the feeling of paying a lot of money for low quality and bad service. The childrens pool was closed most of the week, to the dissapointment of our children. Pool equipment and surrounding area left a lot to be desired when maintenance is conserned. One in our group cut herself on the parasols as they would not stay in place and had to go to a hospital. The restaurant was overrun by wasps. The staff knew where the waspnest was, but did nothing to remove it. Aircon in our room did not work and was never fixed. The list goes on and on.. Some positive things; the room-cleaning was good, the reseption staff was friendly and service minded. The bartenders at the lobby was very friendly and showed a genuine interest in their customers. Also the hotel taxi gave excellent service. We do not feel that we can recomend this hotel to anyone else as long as the hotel does not make some serious changes in their attitude and service policy. We have travelled a lot and have never been annoyed enough to write a negative review before. Which means our stay was pretty bad."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

Neptun

"We stayed in the Hotel Neptun part of this resort , which was the lowest star rating out of the accommodation in the resort. We were very impressed and wondered how the higher starred accommodation could have possibly been better, as we were delighted with the hotel.

Our room was clean and we had a lovely view (all rooms have a sea view), the hotel room had a tv, mini bar and free wifi , which i know is not important to everyone- but we found it handy to upload our holiday photos online.

We had room service twice and it was excellent , the staff are so helpful and friendly and they really cant do enough to help, they advised us on bus route and ferries as well as lending us a corkscrew so we could open some wine!

From the hotel there is a bus stop at the end of a path and from here there are buses to the old city , they run every 15 mins and you want the 5 or 6 i think, the bus drivers are also very helpful.

The hotel pool was nice and you can even borrow beach towels, the beach area was nice too although in Croatia they don't really have many sandy beaches,and sunbathing is done on and around rocks , but this means that the water is so clear. You also get bar and snack service around the pool and beach area , which is handy.

In Dubrovnik old city we went to many places that were recommended in the Croatia edition of Time Out , the best resturant was Arsenal which is in marina in the city walls, also we enjoyed the Buza bars which are on the rocks and are accessed through doors in the city walls. Also lovely was the D'Vino wine bar , they are so knowledgeable about wine and have 80 wines available by the glass which is a rare find in Croatia as most places only sell house wine by the glass.

Excursions that are available from Dubrovnik include Lokrum - an island near Dubrovnik , we highly recommend it and its a great way to get away from the heat as well as an opportunity for some great snorkelling. Also you can go to Mostar , in Bosnia and Herzegovina - we did not go on an excursion from Dubrovnik , but we visited it on the way to Dubrovnik (we did a road trip around Croatia), the bridge is beautiful and Bosnia is a lovely country. "

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

Hotels near Importanne Resort Dubrovnik

Stayed at Importanne Resort Dubrovnik? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Importanne Resort Dubrovnik

• spn2000 by spn2000

"Old Town is Fantastic, if you can aford it stay at the Excelsior. Safe city to travel to. "

Importanne Resort Dubrovnik is also called