Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik

Pera Cingrije 7, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia

Excellent Bellevue

"Hotel is excellent. Had a hire car and it was parked and retrieved for free. Indoor pool is v good however Spa area could be better. Not very private however treatments were good. Breakfast was buffet style and very good however not as good as some 5stars in Asia. The proximity to a beach was the main reason we booked here and it was great to get the lift down to the beach with ease. Can get busy with some locals but adds to the atmosphere of a busy friendly beach. Took us 15 mins to walt to old town. The food for dinner at the hotel was excellent. Also good little bakery across the road too!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

Great first experience in Croatia

Good

"Had a great stay at this hotel for 4 nights in August. We arranged for hotel to pick us up at the Dubrovnik airport for a very reasonable price of 43euros in a BMW 7-Series. We booked a deluxe room, it was a bit on the small side....the small balcony was nice, with a view of the coast and the private beach. Overall service of the hotel staff was excellent, they gave good directions and made decent restaurant recommendations. One lady in particular was very enthusiastic. Was not happy with the car rental the hotel arranged, I asked for a MB or BMW but my options were only limited to a Ford Focus or a Toyotal Corolla. The private beach was very nice, but not so private as there are other access roads leading to the beach, but it's definitly not over crowded by any means. If you're going out of town to eat or something, I suggest arranging for hotel taxi instead of asking hotel to call for a taxi as the price is very reasonable and the ride in the 7-Series is alot more enjoyable esepcially on the coastal roads. There were a lot more children at the hotel than I expected, but overall, I had a great stay at this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

Lovely contemporary hotel on a cliff face

Good

"We stayed for one night before our early morning flight back from Dubrovnik after a 2 week villa holiday in Croatia. I rang up 2 days before and was suprised to find that they have 4 double rooms for Saturday night in the beginning of the summer holiday season! The rate was also lower than that given in the guidebook (228 euro per room). The setting of the hotel is spectacular as it clings onto the cliff face with the lobby at the top level, going down 6 levels onto the beach down below. It is all very modern and slick. The rooms are big and comfy with sea-facing balconies. The bathrooms are OK though not perfectly finished (messy seals and shower screens from bathstore.com!) But everything worked and it has the advantage of being a newly built hotel. When we were shown to our booked room, it was already occupied. They gave us another room which stank of cigarette smoke. When I pointed this out, they immediately offered to upgrade us to a superior room with no extra cost! So hats off to service.
We didn't try the spa but the beach and the indoor swimming pool were lovely, small but perfect.
The walk into town wasn't too bad as it was downhill. But trekking up after walking th wall and supper was a bit too much (50 kunas for taxi).
All in all an unexpected lovely stay. Thank you for the upgrade!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of August 2008

Nice, but service lacking

"Upon arriving at the Bellevue, my first impression was that the front of the hotel and the lobby were nothing special. Somewhat modern, clean lines, but nothing very impressive. A few points about my stay:

Location: While it is walking distance to old town, let me clarify that for you all. It is a 20 minute walk to the old town, pile gate. It's perfectly doable, but it's not like you can bop back and forth between the hotel and old town. After dinner at night, you may be up for it, but maybe not. We wound up taking a few taxis, as well as walking.

Rooms: Just decent, nothing special. Very plain, but with great views and nice balconies.

Beach: Very nice beach on the bottom floor, at which the hotel has chairs and umbrellas set up. Be warned though, it is not a private beach though, so you will get some crowds and some rowdy kids from time to time, but overall it was a good spot.

Service: Here is where the Bellevue goes from 4 stars to 3 stars. Service was terrible. I found this to be the case with most establishments in Dubrovnik actually. I sincerely believe that the tourist industry is still in its infancy there and most hotels are entirely still run by locals. Their approach to service is... developing. For example, I asked them to recommend another beach to me and they were baffled that I would want to go anywhere other than the beach downstairs. After I explained that I spent the last two afternoons there and I wanted a change, it took a conference between 3 employees, lots of puzzled looks and then the recommendation that I should just go to the beach downstairs. It was hillarious!! Lots of things like this."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Can't beat Croatia

Good

"My husband and I visited Croatia on our honeymoon. We flew to Paris from the US, stayed there are few days, and then flew to Dubrovnik via Vienna on Tyrolean Air. We were a little leary of the airline, as we had never heard of it, but it was a GREAT flight! First class service...full meal, cocktails, etc...It way beats your typical Southwest Airlines flight in the US!
We landed in Dubrovnik, and walked immediately outside the airport and took a cab. The cabs were lined up and it was an easy 20 minute ride to the heart of Dubrovnik.
Our stay at the Hotel Bellevue was spectacular! The greeted us very sincerely and everyone spoke perfect English.
This hotel is very modern, and reminded me a lot of the hotels you would find in New York or Miami. Clean lines, but relaxing and comfortable.
The indoor pool and hottub were great, with the most unbelievable view of the Sea.
I also had a great massage and afternoon in the spa.
We loved our room, and had FABULOUS view from our balcony. It was so peaceful there, and I would defnitely go back. The walk to the old town is an easy 20 minute stroll, with beautiful views of the Adriatic most of the way.
The private beach at the Hotel Bellevue was great too! The water was still warm enough to swim in - even in late September when we were there.
They offered a continental breakfast each morning, which had generous offerings. We enjoyed our morning breakfast out on the hotel's deck.
Overall, we loved it, and would stay there if we ever visit again!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of May 2008

Croatia Baby!

"We booked a last minute holiday to Croatia in March 2007. We chose Croatia a somewhere in europe that was a bit different, and I would recommend it!

Luckily we found a new 5* hotel that had literally just opened (by about 2 weeks!) and was offering some fantastic discounts. The Bellevue looked fantastic, and certainly didn't disappoint!

We got a sea view, as did everone because the hotel is build down a cliff so each room has a sea view and balcony. Fantastic! The front of the hotel is a rather unassuming one storey building, but once you get inside and take the lift down (yes down) to your room it all makes sense.

The swiming pool is amazing, the lighting, specification and finish is top notch, we spent many a happy hour by the pool. Even better was when you got in the pool and did a few lengths, the view was straight out over the Med.

Private beach (though still being built at the time of our visit) looked like it would be great. The restaraunt was very plesent, though expensive and the staff looked rather confused that anyone would actually want serving! Breakfast is the meal to go for, eat out for the rest, it's the best way to see a bit of Croatia.

Walking into Dubrovnik is a must and really quick, less than 10mins. The old city is fab and really picturesque, get up on the city walls and explore!

Wish we could have spent longer.

My advise would be try Croatia as somewhere a bit differnet, but make sure you get a good deal on the hotel as I suspect that the Bellevue is overpriced."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2008

Very nice hotel, walking distance to old town

"Stayed here for 2 nights in oct 2007. Nice & comfortable rooms, "boutiquey" hotel with all modern amenities, good restaurant (very nice breakfast). Hotel has spa and private beach. About 15 min walk to old town."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Slick hotel, near old city

"Stayed here for one night at beginning of September. Newly built hotel, and room was very well appointed. LCD TV, minibar etc. Very comfortable and clean. Average size, but balcony with great view and electronically operated sun canopy. Lots of additional extras in the bathroom, such as grooming kits etc. Nice staff, but were stunned the morning we were checking to have the following as part of our conversation:

"Did you have anything from the minibar?"

"No, we didn't."

"Should I check with my colleague to make sure you didn't?"

We were amazed to be asked this and so stunned we didn't even formulate a response except a jaw-drop. Staff member needs to be go back to hotel finishing school.

Apart from that, impressive hotel. 15-minute walk to old city. One thing though: occasional whiff of sewage in lobby area wherever it was coming from. Good breakfast buffet also."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Clean rooms, strange that you'd have to walk past the lobby getting to the spa

Good

"Stayed at this hotel for 3 days in March 2007. Got a good off season price for a superior room with balcony. The hotel is literally perched on a cliff/hill right in front of the ocean. To be honest I was quite disappointed when we arrived by taxi to the hotel to see such a small entrance in the middle of a narrow and a busy road but once we entered, the views from the reception blew me away. Magificent!!

Our room had a fabulous view to the ocean and I loved going to sleep at night and waking up in the morning to the gentle sound of the waves. The room was spotlessly clean, no complaints whatsoever.

Breakfast was a good selection of fruit, eggs, meat, cheese, bread, juices and the waiters were attentive but it does get quite busy especially on the weekends so you'd have to struggle for some attention to order your tea..

My only complaint was the strange corridor design to the spa. The spa itself was lovely, I had a facial treatment which was divine, the facilities were clean and comfortable. But the weirdest thing is that the only way you can get to the spa from your room is by WALKING PAST THE FRONT DESK and the LOBBY AREA in front of all these people coming to check-in and out of the hotel, killing time in the lounge in your ROBE.

What kind of design is that!? I have never encountered such a bizarre design of corridor in a hotel.

This is because the hotel does not provide a lift that connects the spa area to the rooms.

This means that you'd have to take a lift up to the lobby area from your room, walk around the lobby and take another lift that heads you to the spa. I was pretty much upset (the spa had instructed me to come in a robe) so called the reception and they said "It was PERFECTLY NORMAL to walk in the lobby area in your robe and you SHOULD NOT BE EMBARASSED SINCE ALL OTHER GUESTS DO IT HAPPILY and that was the only way getting to the spa area"

Now about the front desk. They were generally helpful but not as helpful like you'd expect in 5 star hotels. A little indifferent.

The town of Dubrovnik itself is charming but can get crowded. We loved the food, especially the black squid risotto and gelatos. Overall, we would love going back to Dubrovnik but probably not to the Bellevue. For the price you pay, not worth it."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

Great hotel

Good

"I happened to stay at 3 hotels in Dubrovnik, and this was by far the best. Although it is a bit out of the centre of the old town, it is modern, clean, full of amenities (shop, hairdresser, pool, spa, beach etc), the staff are friendly and efficient. This is definately the best hotel in Dubrovnik!"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

A lovely hotel, very friendly staff, ext...

"A lovely hotel, very friendly staff, extremely child friendly. With its own private beach, with access by lift.

A pleasant and interesting 10 minute walk to the old town. Or a 10 minute walk to the Lapad Peninsula, and the Marina or shopping malls.

We had a great time here and will be returning again next May.
And when the new indoor pool is completed this will make the stay only more pleasurable.

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of November 2005

Dubrovnik is the most incredible place,...

"Dubrovnik is the most incredible place, with something for everyone. The old town is known as the 'Jewel of the Adriatic', and is truly impressive night and day. There are regular boats to the surrounding islands and resorts, and plenty of beaches and rocks to swim from. Mount Srd offers superb views over the area and is a wonderful climb for the intrepid. The town is full of galleries and museums for those wanting a more sedate break.

Hotel Bellevue is ideally situated, close to the old town and the port, and has one of the best beaches in the region.

We were fortunate enough to be able to travel from Norwich Airport as well, which is handy as it is half a mile from our house!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

Hotels near Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik

Stayed at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik? Share your insight.

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik is also called