areal view

Good

Beautiful self-catering apartments in ce...

Reviewed 11th March 2008

"Beautiful self-catering apartments in center of Dubrovnik in Croatia. Very hospitable and pleasent householders and very reacheable rates. They have organised many activities for us. Most atractive was diving school. It is not cheap but it is worth it. We have enjoyed an old fashion fireplace on the terrace. The most beautiful Old town "treasure" is realy unforgettable place with old historical monuments and wondrous churches and cathedrals. We can warmly recommend you to visit Dubrovnik. "

• Travel date: 11th March 2008

my stay at the hotel

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"stayed there recently in Sept 2007 Pros great location, short bus ride to Old Town, close to water, our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean and was simple, front office staff very helpfull (Mirjana was the best!), restaurants close by, access to day excursions everywhere Cons Hotel located on roadway so you can hear traffic all the time, dinner buffet at the hotel restaurant not too good"

• Travel date: 2nd October 2007

Make this a last resort!

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"When I tried to find a hotel in Dubrovnik that was reasonably close to the old town most places were booked up or stupidly expensive so when I came across this hotel on booking.com I thought I'd give it a go even though the reviews were mixed. The website stated the hotel didn't have a car park but there was free parking on the streets outside. We were lucky to find a spot but the streets were rammed full. In fact we didn't see another free parking space the whole time we were there. If you come by car be prepared for driving around looking for a spot, you might have to park quite far from the hotel where you have to pay. When we got to our room we were disappointed, I didn't have high expectations but it was worse than I expected. Thank God we were only staying one night. The room was dark and dreary and smelled like an old peoples home. In fact the furniture looked like it belonged in an old people's home. The furniture was old and worn, the paint on the windows chipped and it was a task and a half to shut the window when we went out. The bathroom was a joke, the shower didn't even have a curtain so our towels and the floor became drenched. One of the receptionists was very rude to us and at night I was kept awake by very loud drunk guests returning to their rooms . The lack of a/c didn't help I don't know how people coped in the middle of summer. I paid 105 Euros for one night and thought this was bad value for money. In my week in Croatia I stayed in 5 different hotels, including a lovely 4 star hotel in Zagreb but the Hotel Adriatica was the most expensive hotel of the lot! The hotel did have some good points, even though the furnishings were old the room appeared to be clean. It was in a good location, the bus stop to the old town stopped right outside and you could buy tickets from reception. The ride took 10-15 minutes and the bus came every 20 minutes. We only had a night and half a day in Dubrovnik so it was important that we got to the Old Town quickly. The breakfast was okay, after a week of eating bread, cheese and ham every morning I was glad to have the option of having cereal, hot food, yogurt and fruit. Overall the place isn't too bad if you are only staying a day or so and will be out most of the time sightseeing. For a week, I think I would have left and found somewhere else."

• Travel date: 20th September 2007

Not bad for a 2-star

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Stayed a week here in a room on the supposedly noisy road side. The noise level was minimal except for the night that the hotel had a local Frank Sinatra impersonator playing in the bar area. The room was clean and tidy and in the main the staff were efficient and helpful. I stayed on half-board and while the quality of the food was good the dishes on offer became a bit repetitive after a while. Keep an eye out for the previous nights deserts making a reappearance at breakfast! The location of the restaurant is a bit strange, it's in a seperate building and you have to go down the road, cross the road, then go down the stairs into the building that looks like its a gym and then down another flight of stairs. But if you time it right you'll get a spectacular view of the sunset over the Lapad bay from there."

• Travel date: 4th September 2007

Good stay

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I spent 4 nights at the hotel Adriatic with my best friend. The hotel is old and simple, but staff was very helpful, room clean and food good. We were recommended by a kind lady at reception to try a trip “three islands" which was fantastic. Thank you all for enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: 16th July 2007

“Good deal in Dubrovnik”

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"I spent 3 nights at the Hotel Adriatic with my girlfriend. I was quite surprised with the way our stay turned out since this is two star hotel and did not have the best reviews. The hotel is old and furniture is very basic but yet it is very clean and staff is kind and helpful. Food at the hotel restaurant is very good, especially when you have great sea view from the restaurant like we did. Old city of Dubrovnik is only 10 min away and the bus station is in front of the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to the people who are looking for something affordable and still want to come and see beautiful Dubrovnik."

• Travel date: 29th April 2007

a decent 2 star hotel

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"I stayed in hotel Adriatic with the group of friends in April, 2007. I have to admit; I was a bit skeptic after reading some reviews about this hotel. However, it turned out to be quit decent. Hotel has a good restaurant, located right above the beach, with the nice sea view over the whole bay. The food was pretty good. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, always giving useful info. Although it was obvious that hotel wasn’t renovated for some time, I have to say it was quite clean which was important for me. There’s a regular bus station in front of the hotel, so we could easily get to the city center every 10 – 15 minutes. Since we stayed there in early April, it was still too cold to swim, but the beach looks OK. The price is affordable for young people who like to travel around and don’t have enough money to pay for the extras. After a 3 days stay, we continued our trip to Montenegro"

• Travel date: 25th April 2007

Not recommended

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Room is OK. Furniture is old and worn out. Staff is OK. Breakfast - horrible. Totally inedible. Cleanliness - OK. No A/C in our room. However, it is at a good location. bus no. 4 stops right in front of the hotel (which takes you into Dubrovnik in less than 15 min). The view from our room is amazing. If you could find another hotel or afford to pay more, stay somewhere else."

• Travel date: 12th September 2006

Clean budget accomodation

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We stayed here for 5 nights. Having read the previous review, I would like to say that the hotel is not all that bad. Our room was a park facing room (cheaper) and both of us are light sleepers - noise was never a problem. The room was clean, there was a television with numerous English channels and the room did have airconditioning which actually worked so well we had to keep it on the lowest setting despite it being 35 degrees out. Yes the furniture was a bit worn but hey the hotel never promised to be a 5 star. No shower screen did prove to be a bother as you had to be careful but there was drainage. We only went down for breakfast one morning - it was sufficient - cereals, bread, cheeses, meats as well as cooked breakfast (the morning we went down there were scrambled eggs and sausages), cakes, coffee and juices. The staff were all very nice - helping me book my scuba diving and advising how to get around. The bus stop to the old town is right in front of the hotel (which may be a bother if you have a seaview room) and came every 20 mins. The Hotel's beach does get quite busy - we suspect it was a public beach - but there were chairs and umbrellas for rent at 20 kuna a piece (about £2). The promanade just at the end of the road the hotel is on is great to go for a drink or a cheap meal (food in the old town is very pricy - some dinners we had were close to £100 for two with wine) and there is a supermarket and numerous mini markets nearby. We had friends staying at the Hotel Dubrovnik Palace - if you have the money I would suggest this hotel - amazing but pricey - a pizza for one and a coke were £10 - but seeing as we only paid 71 euro a night at the Adriatic for the 2 of us we really can't complain. If you are on a budget this is a great place."

• Travel date: 25th June 2006

Stay Far Far Away From Hotel Adriatic

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Hotel Adratic Masarykov put 9 Dubrovnik. Date stayed May 17-18 2006 Two rooms Elevators did not work. No AC or fans in room No TV or Radio in Room Worn Furniture ½ of light bulbs burned out and not replaced Light fixtures on wall loose and upside down Bathroom door so warped could not close Door missing from shower Balcony doors would not close all the way Balcony railing lose and coming out of wall. Accident just waiting to happen Very Noisy at all hours >Noise- Street. Hotel in front of bus stop. Buses ran every 20 minutes from 6AM to 2AM. On street with several other hotels. Car traffic at all hours. We were there two days and had six tour bus unload their tour groups at all hours. >Noise- People. Our room overlooked beach. Also sidewalk cafe/bar. We were close enough to clearly hear all of the conversation. People talking loudly and drinking until 3AM. On our last night some talked thru the night and watch sun rise. >Noise- Beach. Screaming, yelling with occasional fight. Note this was experienced in off season. In July and August at the peak of tourist season I understand wall-to-wall traffic and people. Lousy value for money. Avoid at all cost. There are much better hotels in Dubrovnik. Why ruin your visit to Croatia by staying there."

• Travel date: 11th June 2006

Standard but comfortable

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Just to start up some reviews of Hotel Adriatic. I found it to be a basic but comfortable choice of accommodation and I was happy with it. If you are staying there try and request a room with balcony and sea view as the views of Lapad Bay are amazing. We stayed there B&B and found the breakfasts to be very good. The swimming platform in front of the hotel is good and spacious and has direct access to the beautiful sea. You can also choose to go the adjacent pebble beach in front of the Hotel Vis which is what we did. The reception staff are a bit unhelpful and we found one employee to be very rude and dismissive but apart from that we were happy overall. Also, there is air conditioning in all of the rooms which is not mentioned and if you are going in August you'll need it! If you are thinking of staying in Lapad I would recommend Hotel Adriatic, Hotel Vis and Hotel Uvala simply for their stunning location and proximity to the sea."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2005