Good

Amazing views, a peace of heaven.

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2011

"I arrived before check in time. No room and starving I was saved by Ivor who managed to get me some breakfast even though the restaurant had closed. Ivor and his team looked after us at breakfast for the whole week, my four friends and I stayed at the Grand Villa Argentina and what an amazing breakfast.
We ate at the Restaurant our first night. Althought the food was lovely, the portions were too small but the price was extremely heavty, terrible shame as the setting is beautiful.
My seaview room was amazing and thank you to the staff who cleaned it everyday to perfection.
I will definatley return here, some room for improvement in some areas but the people who looked afted us bridged the gap.
Siobhan."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2011

Wonderful location

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"We returned from this hotel just a few days ago and have only praise for it. We were very lucky to have a large corner balcony on the fifth floor which overlooked the gardens and the bay. We could also see the old town which was stunning. The room and bathroom were very well appointed with every detail thought of. It was my birthday whilst we were there and I had put my cards on the dressing table. When we returned later that day there was a bottle of wine in an ice bucket, two glasses and a red rose in a vase along with a very nice letter from the General Manager. This summed up the hotel. It has very good and friendly staff, fantastic breakfast, excellent pool area and everywhere kept immaculately. We went on a couple of trips and saw other hotels and I having seen their location, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere other than this one when we return to Dubrovnik."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

First Class In Every Way

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Argentina from June 10 to 24 and did not know what to expect as we had been cruising for the previous 10 years and whatever we did this year had allot to live up to. We travelled with Holiday Options who are really fantastic both in the UK and in Dubrovnik. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the old town which is really beautiful. The Croatian people, despite what they have recently had to endure with the war etc are really friendly and most speak better English that some of the English. The hotel rooms are ample, clean and comfortable. The restauarants and service from the staff are A1. The food is quite good especially the bacon at breakfast. Views from the hotel are stunning. My wife was ill for the first 3 days of the holiday, nothing to do with the hotel and the Lady in the Pharmacy in the old town was very helpful and my wife was up and about within a few days. It would have been nice if we'd been warned about the building work at the Villa Dubrovnik Hotel just up the road especially the noise the rock breaker makes. I think they have finished breaking the rocks now but it did go on for most of the 14 days and not nice when you are ill in bed or on the loveley sun terrace that overlooks the Adriatic and over to Lokrum island. However, Holiday Options have been notified and are looking in to the matter for us. Except for the Rock Breaker, Super Break, Super Holiday, Great Trips and !0 out of !0. Noel and Helen Lynch"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Stunning location

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"We have just spent a fantastic week in this hotel. The location just outside the old town is ideal, the only drawback is the uphill walk to the hotel in the full glare of the sun! We stayed in a room on the first floor, close to the restful gardens and with a marvellous view of the island of Lokrum. The room is nicely decorated but a little on the small side as is the bathroom. Despite this, the attention to detail by the houskeeping staff was excellent. We had dinner in the adjoining Victoria restaurant and on a lovely evening we had a table on the terrace overlooking the old town. The food was superb and the waiters very attentive. The swimming facilites are great and you can also swim in the Adriatic, This is a must - the waters are crystal clear. We loved our visit and hotels like this are a rare find."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Idyllic Spot

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"After having been on holiday in the Netherlands and England for a month we wanted to end our trip in a more relaxed mode. We didnt know much about Croatia but we had heard that Dubrovnik was a beautiful city and we decided to spend three nights there. My mom was having her birthday during these 3 days and I wanted to find a hotel that was special. After having reviewed other reviews on hotels in Dubrovnik I chose Hotel Argentina and specified that I required 2 seaview rooms.

I would like to share with you that it was one of the best choices that I could have made. The setting is breathtaking. The food is very good (better than many places in the old city). The spa treatments are divine. The rooms are not large but they are very comfortable and we stayed in rooms with lovely views. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to any traveller who wants to be spoiled. I will be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends in South Africa. I could not have made a better choice in Dubrovnik.

PS: Do walk the wall in the old city and do have a drink at the bar on the outside of the wall"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

lovely hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"This is a very nice hotel that is located a 10 minute walk outside the walls by the Polce Gate. The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool and an area by the outdoor pool where chaise lounges are set up when the weather is nice. The breakfast area is a large terrace overlooking the Adriatic. It is a beautiful setting. The room was very comfortable. We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed our stay very much."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2007

Ideal for a special occasion

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"My partner and I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel Argentina in Dubrovnik to celebrate a special birthday.

The hotel has a great setting, right on the coast and only 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Dubrovnik. The rooms are comfortable, though not particularly big, with slippers, robes, etc, provided.

We stayed in Villa Glavic, in a room with a sea view (definitely worth having) and balcony. However, Villa Glavic is situated on the other side of the road from the main hotel buildings, further from the sea (and with fairly steep steps up to the building and no lifts inside), so for the best rooms/views I'd recommend trying to get in one of the other buildings.

Breakfast was superb - perhaps the best I've ever experienced. It's a buffet breakfast with just about everything you could ever want to eat/drink - even champagne! - enjoyed on the huge terrace right next to the sea with an amazing view of Dubrovnik.

The hotel has a lovely area to sunbathe with an outdoor swimming pool, right next to the sea, and again with a fabulous view, and waiter service if you want drinks. The indoor pool and jacuzzi are also lovely - and we had them completely to ourselves. In fact we thought the hotel's website actually undersold the hotel, it was even better than it looked!

The only minus points were that the hotel IS very expensive, and that when we returned home we found we'd been charged for meals/drinks we didn't have, though after we complained the hotel now seem to have rectified this. Might be worth double-checking your bill, though.

Overall, an excellent hotel, situated in one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Argentina is for far the best

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"In last decade we visited Dubrovnik on several occasions and found Argentina to be the best hotel for many reasons.....beach........location........view.........relaxing atmosphere

Our favorite bar is Trubadur, favorite get away location is island of Lokrum, favorite restaurant is Nautika, and so far Dubrovnik is our prime destination in this part of Europe. Next month we will visit Sicily for the first time and hope it will "taste good", at least half good as those scampi flambe in restaurant Nautika :-)

Happy traveling!
Amy"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

5 star (ish)

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"My new husband and I stayed here on the 2nd week of our honeymoon. It is a nice hotel indeed. We got the complimentary flowers and red wine in our room - which was a nice touch. We requested a sea view room- it was rather obstructed by trees, but we didn't mind. The rooms were on the small side though!. The hotel grounds were very pretty and relaxing and the sea/pool area was nice. You have to get up early to procure a sun lounger and perhaps be a little rude to the "pool boys" in order to get them to heed you. They appeared to sit around smoking cigarettes for most of the day!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Be warned - may bill itself as 5 star - but it isn't

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Just returned from a 4 night stay in the Villa Argentina. On day 3, without prior disclosure, they began a 2 day repair & maintenance of the pool, to ready it for high season. Workman chiseled, hammered and cut tiles, all day. While I understand that routine maintenance needs to occur, I find it unacceptable that disclosure of such was not made either a) when the reservation was made, or b) when I checked-in. As if that weren't enough, on the 2nd day of repairs, when the workman were quitely replacing tiles and adding grout, the hotel decided to prune trees with a chain saw. Nice, huh? The management of this hotel exhibited zero respect for its guests and when I approached them for an allowance on my rate (at Euro 245 / night), I was sent a complimentary plate of fruit for my inconvenience. My gift back to them, is this review."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of May 2007

Outstanding location and service

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"The rooms are nicely decorated and of a reasonable size.
The outlook from the sea view rooms is very good.

There is a large terrace overlooking the sea that is used as a restaurant and outdoor lounge. The menu is extensive, mid-price and the service was excellent.; much better than eating in a narrow alleyway in town.

As usual, we checked out the other hotels we nearly booked and found them lacking compared to this one.

My advice is to book a sea view room and get the best out of this excellent hotel"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Hotels near Grand Villa Argentina

Top traveller tips for Grand Villa Argentina

• Siobhan by Siobhan

"Book a room with a sea view. "

Grand Villa Argentina is also called