Golden Yavor Hotel

Golden Sands 9007 Bulgaria

nice holiday

Good

"This was my 1st holiday abroad. it was a nice holtel clean and tidy the staff was friendly the only thing that i would say about the holtel is that there isnt much entertainment so if you didnt really want to go in the main part of sunny beach it would be quit boring to just sit at the bar in the holtel. overall it was a lovely holiday pool was really nice also youve got a little water park right next door which was really good and quite cheap. "

• Travel date: Wed 24th of August 2011

Great Hotel!

"After reading some other reviews we were scared where
we are going...And today we are back from our one week vacation.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are cosy and clean.
Next time we go to Bulgaria, we will stay here!

And finally a note for those who are disturbed by the slightest noise, I would suggest not to come to Sunny beach!
My group consisted of various age groups, but nevertheless we all had a great time!

Regards!

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

great hotel dont listen to reviews!!!

Good

"Just come back from the yavor palace hotel after two great weeks,the staff were great the, hotel VERY clean and the food ok. there could have been more entertainment as we have five kids -but the pools and computers kept them busy on site . bulgaria is very young 18-30 s and they dont have much for kids any where so probably wouldnt go back to bulgaria but if we did we would go back to this hotel -no problems ."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of July 2010

dont go here if you want sleep!!!! Not for familys

"i have just returned from here after spending two weeks with my family of five of us. The first week we didnt sleep due to the party people and groups of young inconsiderate no respect for anyone else coming in between 2am and 5am. Running down the corridor,fighting,knock and run,dropping litter chewing gum stuck to your door and fag butts. the second week improved but then we got a young baby next door that cried all night. The rep didnt really seem botherd and looked as if he couldnt handle the responsibility. The breakfast was ok if you want the same english grease everyday!!! the pool was clean but overrun with ants!! the receptionist(there was three) was rude unfriendly and wouldnt no how to smile if she tried!!!The chambermaids are excellent they work hard doing a fantastic job always friendly and did something special on the twins beds!! Sunny beach is cheap the drink and food is excellent and the beach is the biggest draw 10/10!!! i would return to bulgaria but definitly a different hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of July 2010

Lovely Holiday

Good

"To say I was worried about my stay at this hotel was an understatment especially after reading many of the bad reviews. I was actually very relieved when I got there as the hotel was lovely. There is only one girl on reception that can speak English the rest speak very little. The bar man Ulian is very nice we made really good friends with him. The room was very clean the towels were changed everyday and bed linen every other day. The pool and surrounding areas was clean and tidy there are always cleaners about. We were bed & breakfast but the breakfast wasnt up to much really. The area of Sunny Beach is very lively there are bars, clubs and restaurants everywhere. Plenty of shops the people on the street annoy you a bit trying to giv you flyers or get you to go into bars. Local beer was about 1lev about 82p cocktails everywhere were buy 1 get 1 free. Overall a lovely holiday was had."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of July 2010

Hotel from Hell

"Worst hotel in sunny beach. Only go here if you like to be up all night. Because you have no chancer of getting a sleep. I had to come home for a rest. Complaining only makes things worse. Scandinavians seem to be the worst. Cheap drink seems to be all their there for."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2010

One of my greatest holidays ever!

"Just got back from a week in sunny beach and from reading these reviews, I was more than sceptical.

They depict the hotel as a run down shanty, with a paddling pool for a swimming pool, surrounded by even worse places and people. The truth is it's far from that!
The hotel was clean, comfortable and hospitable. The staff kind and friendly, although they spoke very little english, it wasn't hard to get what we needed with a bit of good ol' sign language. The maids didn't steal, they did their jobs amazingly well with 6 lads messing up hotel rooms each night. There is a small water park next to the hotel costing 10leva/£5
The food at the hotel isn't very good but it's a meal and we payed for it.

The resort is a lovely place with the people being kind and friendly although a little annoying as they always bother you trying to sell you stuff. The nightlife was great! We did 2 bar crawls and 2 club nights and it was one of many of the highlights of the holiday. Drink range from 2leva/£1 to 10leva/£5 and most are buy 1 get 1 free.

The town is full of restaraunts and bars with plenty of choice in cusine.

Overall, the majority of these reviews are sorely wrong. If you go here with a bad image in your head, you will be pleasantly suprised."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of June 2010

HOTEL WAS RUBBISH

"Have just come back from Sunny Beach Bulgaria. 2 weeks with no sleep dosn't make for a good holiday. The Yavore Palace was a shambles. I checked web sites and reviews right up to going on this holiday and they were great, but i dont believe they were genuine, no hotel can change in a matter of a week??? The hotel was dirty, noisy and had few facilities. We went to the 5 STAR rated turkish bath it was a joke. We had to tread over ladders and rubbish to get there then it was locked, in the 2 weeks we were there nobody used it. We were later told the star ratings on the spa and hotel are not earned but can be bought. The breakfast was cold every morning and i mean cold not warm. Water for t was warm not boiled. Every morning we had to ask for cups, the crockery was disgusting with large chipped plates and cups when you finally got them!!!!! Staff are totally ignorant and rude. The chap in the bar at the pool was terrible i had to wait 30 mins for a toastie (he had to go to the kitchen to get it) then he threw it on the bar he was so rude. I was bad with a tummy bug the following day, the toastie was the only thing i had different from my sister???? Reception was a joke very rare they spoke or understood English, Safety boxes were not safe as they had been broken into!! 4 nights we phoned for security at between 2 and 5 in the morning not once did they come despite our room door being tried. The noise started at 9pm every day till 5 in the morning it was unbearable. The town itself is ok for groups of men or women but not for families or couples. Every bar has girls dancing on them which made us uncomfortable. Our room overlooked a erotica bar complete with Red lights outside, prostitutes were arrested on the streets while we were there. I can say the food in some of the restaraunts was good, eg Mystero, and Spider restraunt were fantastic, good food and good staff. Brothers that had been mentioned to us was terrible, dirty broken plates, it was just like the hotel. Labanana just off the beach was fantastic the food was so fresh and well served, we ended up eating there every day. I would never reccommend the Yavore Palace, it really is a bad hotel. Bulgaria i am sure will become a place for the young lively crowd, if you like Blackpool you will love the place. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

Great time but hotel staff unpleasant and make no effort!

"I was really weary about staying in this hotel from reviews i read but when we arrived it was surprisingly nice, although the hotel staff are a different matter, the people on reception make no effort whatsoever to be friendly or helpful, on the other hand the bar staff were really friendly and the bar food is excellent. The pool is clean and there are plenty of sun loungers altho people do insist on keeping their towels on them and heading off for the day even thought it clearly states this is not allowed and towels will be removed. The weather was great and the beach was brill will loads of sun loungers for 7 lev (£3.50) a day, the only downside to Bulgaria is the annoyance of the fruit people who try and force fruit on you and charge alot if you take it and the young children with puppy dogs who beg from and pickpocket everone in their sights, the people outside the bars who constantly nag you to come in are a bit of an annoyance too but you get that everywhere! If you intend on keeping your room past 12 for the last day book early as they will not be so accomodating when they want you out, as I discovered when I was telephoned and told to vacate the room, they would not even let us rent a different room in the hotel for the day. "

• Travel date: Mon 7th of September 2009

Watch your cash!!!

"Just got back from my holiday in Bulgaria and what can i say. When i read the reviews for this hotel i was worried but decided to keep an open mind. When we arrived we found our room to be clean and basic which was no problem as you don't spend a lot of time in your room when you are on holiday, but the staff at the hotel were so unfriendly and arrogant especially the resturant staff they would sit in the corner and blast the music from the radio. The breakfast food was fine but the baked beans were cold and some of the sausages that were put out were still raw. The food ordered from the pool bar was really nice and good value for money. We was advised by our rep Wesley to hire a safe for our valubles which we did but i would not recommend this! In the second week of our holiday 7 familys had their safes contents stolen and another family had all of their mobiles and ipods stolen from their room the police didn't want to know! Also a lad of 19 was mugged whilst out walking and beat up, he ended up with a broken leg once again the police didn't want to know so the lad had to go to the British embassy to get some justice. There were prostitutes in the lobby in the early hours and no one from the hotel would move them along. Sunny Beach i don't think is a place for children or if you want a peaceful relaxing holiday. You can't go for a nice quiet walk without someone getting in your face trying to coax you into their bar and there are Bulgarian children walking round late at night and in the early hours with tiny puppies begging for money. weather was brilliant but i will never return to Bulgaria."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2009

2 Great Weeks

"Firstly I would just like to say that this is one of the best holidays I have ever had.
I must say I was pretty worried about the hotel before I even got there because of reading the reviews but it was so much better than I expected.
Hotel staff were very friendly and I had no trouble communicating with them as they spoke good English.
Wesley the First Choice Rep was first class and gave us all the information we needed to have an enjoyable holiday.
For Breakfast you could choose to have toast, cereal, fried breakfast, fruit,Salad, croissants and a selection of biscuits. There was also a choice of tea, coffee,orange juice or water.
The rooms were spacious and clean with comfortable beds, a nice bathroom, air conditioning,fridge, a balcony and a satellite TV.
Sunny Beach was a great holiday resort, lots of shops, bars and restaurants and a really nice beach.
Beer in lots of places were 1 lev, some even 0.79 which is a bargain as it only works out around 42p.
ATOL and Far_A are good restaurants with very cheap meals that were lovely.
I would recommend you look around and look at a menu before you decide where you eat as some places were alot cheaper than others but with just as good standard.
Nessebar an old Bulgarian town is a place to visit, it only costs 12 levs each there and back on a mini train.
The only place I would say dont visit as I felt it was a waste of money costing 30 levs each is the Aqua Park in Nessebar, slides basically the same as each other, and very crowded.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at Sunny Beach and I will definately be returning there next year staying at the Yavor Palace hotel.

• Travel date: Tue 25th of August 2009

would not recommend

"Just returned from sunny beach (yavor hotel) after a 1 week stay.Board was bed & breakfast which we found was a little repetative...Room we were given was not to our standard ie dirty, marks on all walls,balcony door frame hanging off, towel rail left in bottom of shower..My 10 yr old daughter had to sleep in a put you up bed which after one nights sleep it fell apart, revealing staples that scratched my daughters back in the middle of the night, therefore she had to spend the night with me in my single bed...Reported this to hotel receptionist next morning(toni)who shrugged her shoulders when we asked when would we get a replacement,i told her this was not good enough & she decided to have a laugh about it with her friends..Not sure her customer service was up to scratch..Told our rep Wesley who eventually got us another room which was a better standard, but soon discovered their was not to be any hot water for 3 hrs, plus tv not working, blood on curtains....Hotel staff were not friendly in general, whole place needs to be refurbished &
is definitely not family friendly.We would return to Bulgaria but not to the yavor .."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of August 2009

Hotels near Golden Yavor Hotel

Stayed at Golden Yavor Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Golden Yavor Hotel

• dawn&delboy by dawn&delboy

"beautiful place for 18-30s -not for families. "

• Gem by Gem

"Very Lively at night great for the young ones "

• Ammie by Ammie

"Sunny beach is a place that caters for all, you will never get bored here. "

• Ammie by Ammie

"ATOL, Far_A, Red lion. Nessebar is the place to visit. "

• supercaldy by supercaldy

"Old Town of Nessebur or the Beach. Total relaxation. "

• samgar by samgar

"khans tent worth a visit, but book elsewhere for it save money "

• shell1987 by shell1987

"Weather was fantastic, people of Bulgaria were not "

• dizzydee by dizzydee

"Mystro restaurant Spider Restaurant Labanana on the beach. "

• D_23 by D_23

"Watch your money and enjoy yourself! "

• D_23 by D_23

"The Viking Bar & Restaurant, Bar One! "

• Loz by Loz

"Great holiday for all! "

• jozanna by jozanna

"Nessabar worth a visit.Chilli peppers resturant,irish bar for drinks with live band. "

• blazk by blazk

"Great location, so try other ways for exploration, not only the main street. In the back side of hotel is a passage to the main road and the bus station. "

Golden Yavor Hotel is also called