Golden Dreams

Sunny Beach 8240 Bulgaria

Fantastic

"I have been to Golden Dreams a few times now, people are saying the staff are rude and impolite but I find them very helpful and considering that English is sometimes their 4th or 5th language it may be that sometimes they do not understand, especially if you have an accent. I found the Hotel clean tidy and right in the heart Sunny Beach close to Beach and all the bars and resturants, I will be going back again next year, truely happy with the whole experince every time I have been"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2011

Abysmal

"I have just returned from my week holiday in Golden Dreams, and I have never been more rudely and more callously treated on a holiday in my entire life. I travelled quite extensively for my age,and I have never met with more incompetence and more blatant disregard for efficient and effective customer service. For the moment I arrived the staff, all inclusive from the cleaning service to the receptionists were unhelpful and unfriendly. On top of this there were hidden terms and conditions to booking with Golden Dreams, which demanded a fifty euro deposit on checking in. Which was never mentioned. A condition on personal conduct which was never alluded too. Ineffective cleaning services meant that we were insufficiently resupplied with an appropriate amount of large and small towels during the week. We were reduced to using dirty towels or our beach towels for the bathroom. On checking out the receptionist then had the audacity to refuse us our deposit on the basis of the very towels that were not returned to us.
After an HOUR LONG discussion we eventually only got twenty five euro half of our original deposit returned to us for our journey home to Ireland this morning. We were not the only disgruntled and cheated customers this morning also. Many more Irish and British customers left Golden Dreams feeling that they'd been cheated out of their own hard earned money and that they'd never set foot in the Apartments again.
All of the customers that left this morning said that they'd never recommend Golden Dreams to anyone they knew, with several even intending to advise their local travel agencies to stop recommending it also. "

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2011

Really Nice

"Spent 1 week at Golden Dreams from 13th June. Had a really enjoyable and reaxing break. The complex was really clean, rooms pool and garden area all kept to a high standard. Reception staff very helpful. No food in the bar which would of made it complete, overall very enjoable and will be returning. Booked privately on the internet."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

Took a chance........

Good

"Having a 3 month old baby daughter we were worried about getting her milk powder...no problem, supermarkets are well stocked. Arrived after midnight but were pleased to find a milk, tea, coffee, fruit juice in the fridge, cornflakes and some bread..nice thought.Beach a 5-10 minute walk away. The centre was about a 15 minute walk where there were all types of eating places. Hotel was clean but did not use hotel bar as smelt strongly of cigarette smoke all the time. Girls on reception were helpful. Little trains are cheap and go to local places. We found the Hotel was a little bit out of the way and near a busy road. We enjoyed our 2 weeks with no problems..Going back to Sunny Beach but a different Hotel.. "

• Travel date: Sat 19th of February 2011

golden dream chambermaids!!

"we have just returned from bulgaria, golden dreams apartments, sunny beach......... the chambermaids are hardly honest, 5 families including ourselves had money, underwear and cosmetics and jewellry stolen from our apartment, the management said that the chambermaids had been there 5 years and this had not happened before... guess who wont be returning to golden dreams, us lot and our friends or families, we have told every one about this place.... guess you will have no visitors next season. unhappy holiday maker!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of October 2010

Golden Nightmares

"We have just returned from what can only be described as a very long 2 week nightmare (holiday from hell) I travelled with my partner and our 4 children, the 2 bed apartment was filthy, floors disgusting, when they bother to mop it is with a black dirty smelly mop.
Complained to rep Wesley, he said he would get apartment cleaned, no better,he never bothered to check either!!!
Couldnt use the pool as it was freezing.
Sunny beach is a dirty seedy place and definitely not suitable for children/ families as confirmed by our return rep. To top it we have been eaten alive with bites and we are now on antibiotics. Dont go there it truly id disgusting and is far from cheap. People there are rude and just want your money. NASTY DIRTY PLACE. !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2010

Fantastic Holiday

"I will tell the truth about Bulagaria as I have been coming here for 6 years running. Golden Dreams is an ideal location for Sunny Beach as it is directly opposite the main resort and a cheap supermarket, so you have the best of both worlds quiet or busy. The resort is full of bars / restaurants, which serve food for everyone. (some better than others), but once you have found a few you like, keep going back. It also has holiday makers from several countries including sweden, scandanavia etc. which makes it more pleasant from just Brits. The beach is great, very busy but clean. You have to pay for parasols and beds which can work out costly if using them every day. Watersports are everywhere.
A few beggars are around, but you just have to ignore them. There are people outside bars trying to get you in, but We had that in Tenerife 10 years ago, so nothing new here then. The food is slightly more expensive than people think, but no more than in England. The beer is very cheap. Some staff can be rude, but mostly if you start a conversation with staff, they become friendly. Most of the nightclubs are down the main strip (near Mcdonalds) approx 10 min walk. The pool at golden dreams does become shadowed in the afternoon along with some of the sun beds. The rooms are spacious, with lots of storage etc. The bar does not do food, but the sister hotel (100 yards)does good food. It is normal to use any hotel facilities even if you are not a resident, so If you do not like the pool here, just pop across the road to the Trakia Plaza Hotel and use theirs, which is the sun all day and has 2 flumes at 10 levs each per day (1 GBP = 2.3 lev). which is good value and also 2 jacuzzi at 3 levs for 15 mins, Free sunbeds and a swim up bar, nice walk-in pool. No brits there, bur still good fun. The Hertiage town of nessebar is accesible by Bus, Taxi, Tourist Fun train or boat and is very nice place to visit. We meet new people every year here and to be honest we would compare it to Marmite (they either love it or hate it) as you can probably gather by the reviews. They either never come back or keep coming back year after year.
Do not be put off from what people write. We suggest you come and make up your own mind. Hope this Helps"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

Brilliant!

"Loved this holiday! The apartment i stayed in was privatly rented and was spotless and clean. Very well equipped. The staff are really friendly. The apartments are situated near everything, which is good. The pool is a decent size although the sun doesnt stay over the pool for as long as i would have liked.

The beach is also near, about a ten minute walk. The onlu problem with the beach is that it costs 7 Lev for a sun lounger and parasols. these cover nearly all of the sand, but you can find places to lay if you dont want to pay for them, as i did.

The holiday was better than i expected it to be after reading all the rubbish reviews, and would love to go again. A very cheap holiday! Dont listen to all the other reviews."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

Dont understand the fuss on here!

Good

"I (aged 21) have just arrived home with my boyfriend (aged 22) after spending 2 weeks at Golden Dreams apartments. We had a lovely time! Althought there are not many excursions and only the old town of Nessabar to visit outside of sunny beach I think it has alot to offer. It had 2 aqua parks and lots to do in the centre. I thought the staff were extremely friendly and people dont seem to mention on here that it has 2 sister hotels, Sunny Dreams and Sea Dreams across the road which both do great, cheaply priced food and drinks and ltos of themed nights out! If you plan to stay in a self catering apartment then you should make use of the multiple supermarkets and cook your own food. you are allowed to use all of their facilities too. Our apartment was cleaned every day wit hclean towels and bedding. We had no problems with staff in teh slightest, they are friendly and helpful. However, the only thing that the brochure fails to mention is there is a night club right next door so you can hear the bass through the night along with a noisy guard dog outside, but if you use your air con and close doors and windows you can hardly hear it so dont be put off. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and feel that it is unfair to say the hotel has no sun, food and unfriendly staff, some people just like to moan! It is cheap, friendly and a really nice place :)"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

Great Location

Good

"Had a great holiday, complex in a great position to see Sunny Beach, 10 mins walk from the beach. Nice size pool, staff very friendly, rooms cleaned daily. Cheap supermarket right on the doorstep, would go again."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

A horribel hotel

"We have just stayed 2 weeks at Golden Dreams, and this hotell is one of the worst I'v been to.
Dirty,messy,noisy,unfriendly staff,no speaking or understanding of english among the staff,no service, no restaurant....wich they say they have in there webside.
I did complain to the reseptionist and the hotelmanager sevrel times....nothing helpt.
Has taken this complaint with my travelagentsy back in Norway, so they can know what they sell.
Never again Golden Dreams for us!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

smashing

Good

"Went in july 2009 to golden dreams it was a great holiday with the lads great place to go ,the sun is on u all day plenty of bars clubs and places to eat . The beach is stunning also loads to do roll on july 2010 :)."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of March 2010

Hotels near Golden Dreams

Stayed at Golden Dreams? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Golden Dreams

• peter1980 by peter1980

"Busy bustling resort with something for everyone "

• andee34 by andee34

"Book in GOLDEN DREAMS complex which is central and luxurious and spacious "

• andee34 by andee34

"Condor restaurant was the cheapest around, very popular and excellent service and food "

• suzidean by suzidean

"not to come here! the resort is a dump "

• kerry n by kerry n

"Everyone tries to scam you out of money "

• atty11 by atty11

"far away ,the corner pub,lotus "

• steventaylor by steventaylor

"indeed so have u spoke 2 many "

• msellen by msellen

"Dont go there! Find a better hotel. But Sunny Beach is a nice place with good beaches. "

• Deb, Manchester by Deb, Manchester

"I enjoyed it and so will you and your family, however I would recommend 7/10 days instead of 14. "

• Jaqs by Jaqs

"Dont Ever Go to Golden Dreams!!! "

• Donant by Donant

"Ok for price but would pay the extra for better Hotel "

• Christina by Christina

"No food in the bar but the "Real" bar just up the road make up for it, excellent food. "

Golden Dreams is also called