Good

Reviewed Tue 2nd of August 2016

"Stayed in Globus in Bulgaria NEVER AGAIN ideal location but food horrendous we were there for 11 nights, & we eat out the whole time, breakfast was shocking fried eggs were stone cold, they had pasta for breakfast the fruit was shocking would strongly advise anyone who books to stay here go for room only its cheap enough to eat out its fresher,hotter & lots more choice, hope this helpful, we did complain but they were not interested "

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2016

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"This week I went with my family to Bulgaria to have fun. We went to Globus Hotel to entertain our time but through the five days I just heard complains from my family about the very very very very bad food. The Hotel is nice, location is great but there is no sincerity in serving the food it is unhumanitarian. for us to be treated like this.

Food

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"I return back home today, about the Hotel it is nice to stay near the beach, but about the food it is a rubbish NOT good at all. I am Arab, the food is even rubbish. for the Arabs Jewish and international. I don't advice any one to stay in this hotel the Master is sleepy always no answer from him about any comment. The workers are not responsible they are Just working hard but the Master is super sleepy. "

Worst experience ever

Reviewed Fri 2nd of August 2013

"Just returned from this joke
Food was sloppy cojoining tissue passed off as chicken
Couldn't even get a look in at breakfast as we were kept up all night by some bloke supposed to be live entertainment,sounded more like he beat the guitar with a brick as opposed to playing it,didn't even know the words to songs he was trying to sing.
Emailed Balkan in London an got a call from someone on the room phone and they suggested we move to a room on other side of hotel.....above a club so how would that help with noise
She also asked if we could go back and try the restaurant once more to see if we had chose a bad menus day first time but we went in and immediately left?every other time we had to eat out.
We never heard from her again.....
On the day we left we were speakin to a guy at the bar and he asked if we liked the food,when we laughed he also said it was the worst he had ever had.he then called on the bar staff and said to him the food here is crap isn't it???
Bar staff reply was,and I quote "hahaha no the food is fantastic......for your dogs"
I replied,well mate you can't think much of your pets if you would feed them that stuff.
I will be claiming compensation as we have returned home with severe chest infections and my face has broken out with open sores.
My doctor almost collapsed in a heap when he heard where I had been and was most anxious to find out what we had eaten. I am now on 8 antibiotics a day an my wife's on 10 to try and get us well again
I've lost almost a stone and a half over the past week.
My advice is stay the hell away if you value your health in the slightest
The one thing this place has going for it is the weather but it's not worth dying for
Will never ever return to this hole

• Travel date: Wed 31st of July 2013

Food rubbish

Reviewed Tue 26th of June 2012

"Went to globus in June 2012 the food was disgusting we were half board and ate out all that week complained to Balkan rep all he said was they are getting a new chef but food still rubbish the hotel was clean but very noisey at night up to 4am could not sleep till then very bad holiday I will go back to sunny beach next year but not to that hotel ....."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2012

Disgusting Food

Reviewed Wed 28th of September 2011

"My partner and i stopped at the globus sept 2011. we found the hotel about average more 2 to 3 star. On arrival in middle of night after check in had to wait to be shown to room as usual a con to obtain tips. After a sleep decided to have a shower only to be flooded out shower head faulty, door jammed open, plug blocked, olso no plug in sink, these were repaired after complaint.Then breakfast. [OH MY GOD[ Absolute slop the only thing edible was scrambled egg. the fruit resembled mashed potatoes bruised and poured from dish to dish. At dinner soup tasted like salty TCP made out of leftover meat from the night before. the tablecloths dirty, cutlery greasy, waiters dressed in dirty clothes, juices watered down, milk tasted like yogurt, MY ADVICE GO ROOM ONLY, TAKE YOUR OWN KETTLE, EAT OUT ITS VERY CHEAP WITH GOOD RESTERAUNTS. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS RESTERAUNT, I WOULD NOT EVEN ALLOW MY DOG IN THERE [ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of September 2011

Food / Slop or Nothing

Reviewed Tue 16th of November 2010

"We stayed at the Globus in September, The weather was good, room fine but the service from the staff was very poor.
We were half board but had to eat out, there was no service, and the staff took any decent food before putting it out, the crockery was dirty as were the staff , not washing their hands etc.
Balkan Holidays know this, but they are evasive, the rep says the right words but does nothing as do Balkan Holidays complaints manager

They take your money but do not provide a service.
You would be better to go to a piggery to get your food than the Globus"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of November 2010

disgusting food hotel ok

Reviewed Mon 11th of October 2010

"how any body can say the food is ok in the globus hotel is beyond me,my wife and i have just returned home oct 2010 after two weeks half board wished i had gone room only,the food was cold and not up to standard people where having to line up at the one microwave to hot there soup up,they cant even fry an egg it really was bad,the staff where scruffy wearing trainers and jeans and didnt really have a clue,plates,knives and forks were not very clean,salt pots not clean and lucky if you could find one with salt in,im not been bad just saying how it was many people where complaining when asked to see a manager was told no manager so complained to the rep,the hotel is ok in fact very good but be prepared to eat out as many of us did,so to be honest unless you want a slimming holiday dont go to the globus hotel. "

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

End of season

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"My mum and myself only booked our holiday 2 weeks before we went, so got a very reasonable 2 weeks half board. We went with Balkan Holidays, flights were ok.

Got to the hotel mid afternoon, and there were quite a few of us, as we checked in they asked us to wait for a porter to take us up to show us air con etc, we were fine about this but alot of the people were moaning.

The safety deposit box I thought was quite expensive at 78 leva for 2 weeks but was a must.

Our room was on the 5th floor, with a beautiful view out to sea and Nessebar, our room was cleaned daily, with fresh towels, and the beds changed regular.

We were there for the last two weeks of season so although there was noise for bars along the front, there wasn't noise from the pool bar as there was never anyone there. Being on the 5th floor we never really heard any noise when the balcony door was shut. The most noise we got was from doors banging, the doors are operated by key cards so as you go out, you couldn't put the handle down to shut the door quietly. We found we had a fridge in the room which we think must have been the mini bar during the summer season, but was empty, though we found it useful for water.

Mum was lookin forward to being able to use the fitness room for a run on the treadmill, but this was not working, she spoke to the hotel reception on the side of the hotel where the fitness room was and got a yes it was working and a no it wasn't working at the same time from the two on reception, very confusing!

Breakfast was good, having been to Turkey numerous times I was used to cheese and meats and bread for breakfast. There was always plenty of hot food although the fried eggs were quite snotty.

Evening meals left something to be desired, although we never went hungry, some nights were worse than others.

You had to be up early to get an unbroken sunbed on the side of the pool that didn't go into shade by half 1, and although the sunbeds and pads were free if you put up an umbrella you were charged 5 leva.

We had read that there were lots of jellyfish in the sea before we went so that put us off going in the sea, although we did go and put our feet in the black sea, the beach was always quite busy although alot of people were using their towels as opposed to paying the 15 leva for the sunbeds.

As it was the last two weeks of season, even when we got there alot of places had started to shut down and over the fortnight we saw alot of the hotels and bars closing down. We found the Glarus Hotel that had a bar attached to it that we went to, we got good service, the drinks were cheap, buy one get one free and not weak!!

We spent a couple of days in Nessebar, 1 lev on the bus, which was beautiful, although sold alot of the same stuff as the srtip in front of the hotel did, and we found the illegal money changers quite pushy to try and get you to change money with them.

Although most bars had someone out front trying to get you inside they were never pushy, or aggressive if you said no thanks.

All in all we had a good holiday with only 2 rainy days, and although not in a rush to go back, I would like to return..."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of October 2010

balkan break

Good
Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"just back from 2wks in sunny beach, hotel has an ideal beach location, we had a lovely room on the 12th floor, having a corner room we had a balcony at the front and at the side, so we got the sun the whole day. room was cleaned every day, clean towels every day, clean bedding every 3rd day. Even though we were on an b+b basis, having been to bulgaria twice before we know to give hotel food a miss, as there is plenty of good eating establishments to be found, food and drink prices are still very reasonable in sunnybeach, however due to the globus's location especially if your on the end building, your so close to the main drag you get all the music coming out from the bars more so the open air night clubs, which pump out music from about 8 at night to about 4 in the morning, even later in the high season, maybe not an ideal location for people with youg families, good idea if balkan holidays pointed this out in their holiday brochure, as the main drag is surounded by several big hotels, all in all a good holiday"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

Hotels near Globus Hotel

Top traveller tips for Globus Hotel

• crossy66 by crossy66

"The Steak House, at the front of the Globus. Bombay Grill five mins walk from the Globus. "

• Caroline181 by Caroline181

"Crime ridden and very poor attitude to customer service, won't go back. "

• Caroline181 by Caroline181

"Nessebar was best part of the trip "

• lee jump by lee jump

"the castle and the pirate ship "

• Siteseer by Siteseer

"Do your homework and know what to expect. "

• Siteseer by Siteseer

"Eat at Morris's opp. The Neptune Hotel "

• john watt by john watt

"Brothers is okay with good food and pleasant atmosphere and Banana cafe good for snacks & breakfasts "

• jacky_j by jacky_j

"neptune fave place to eat "

• breng1977 by breng1977

"dont go there. choose somewhere else "

• duncanmarr05 by duncanmarr05

"be careful if you are walking alone at night "

• duncanmarr05 by duncanmarr05

"colonel res and mcdonalds "

• hopeless by hopeless

"not bad if you liked to be harrashed "

• glenolden by glenolden

"lovely holiday resort very busy "

• amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! by amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

"very good we are definately going back to sunny beach "

• mark&helen by mark&helen

"opportunity you can't let go by. "

• robert G by robert G

"if you love the beach this is for you "

• jen by jen

"Don't have high expectations "

• LEICS by LEICS

"Pigs are fed better at this place "

• Frank McA by Frank McA

"The hotel is in a good spot near the beach but if you do not like loud music till early in the morning do not go to the globus "

• Milad K by Milad K