DIT Majestic Beach Resort

• tv ntv world russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Brilliant Hotel

Reviewed Sun 2nd of October 2011

"Spend 2 weeks at the Majestic and had the best holiday in years. The hotel is spotless, cleaners work around the clock. Food was in abundance and excellent. Happy hour starts at 3pm (cocktails and spirits) my fav part of the day. Already booked again for next year. Love Love!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2011

satisfaction

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"the hotel is luxurious and spotlesly clean the staff were friendly and efficent the selection of food was varied and plentyful the hotel spa had many wonderful treatments and there were activites to suit everybodys tastes all in all a woderful experience"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2011

Very relaxing!

Reviewed Tue 6th of July 2010

"My boyfrriend and i have just returned from our 2 week holiday in Hotel Majestic. We went half board, the staff in the retaurant were very friendly but not very efficient e.g Drinks/clearing away, the food was average but most of it lacked seasoning. The hotel was very clean and the maids did a very good job cleaning our rooms although we didnt have clean towels every day and the sheets were only changed once in the 2 weeks! The pools were very refreshing which was much needed the first week as it was blissfully hot and sunny but the second weeks unfortionatly was over cast! how ever we did make the most of our time and visited old nesebar which was beautiful but alot of tourists! we cocktails were amazing 'happy hour' from 4pm-1am! bogof and sometimes a free shot to! and the cocktaits where £5 each so really cheap! overall a good hols!"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of July 2010

fab fab fab

Good
Reviewed Fri 15th of January 2010

"i booked my holiday to the majestic and then read the reviews and they left me so so scared.
HOWEVER my boyfriend and i went and we had an absoloute ball, the rooms were lovely and the maids where in every day and did a fab job ( they made designs out of ur towels )
the pool was lovely and the entertainment team don't force you to do anything you don't want to do and yes it was cool when you first got into it but trust me you will appreciate it and yes you do have to be up early to get a sun lounger but i find that everywhere, we took turns got up early and put our towels down and then went back to bed for an hour or so.
the beach was lovely and you get discount on your sun loungers if you stay at the majestic and you can get some lovely fruit from fruit sellers (just dont look at them unless you intend to buy).
the stalls along the beach do fab pizzas and amazing baked potatoes they were yummy.
FOOD!!!!!!! - after reading the reviews i thought i was going to starve however i found the food nice,ur typical choices when you are on holiday and eat in the hotel, the fish was lovely and so was the pasta - i did avoid the chicken as it looked too raw for me but i saw plenty of people eating it also the restaurants are not that expensive so we ate out a couple of nites.
plenty of bars and shops and we got some lovely fancy dress photos taken.
would strongly recommend khans tent didnt spend a penny all night and got rather tipsy.
went to nessebar for an afternoon and it was lovely quieter than sunny beach.
i really enjoyed the majestic hotel and loved bulgaria i would go back tomorrow given the chance "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of January 2010

Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 10th of August 2009

"Just returned from a fantastic holday in Sunny Beach at the Majestic Hotel. I am 56 years old and traveled with my wife and friends. I have been all over for holidays but can honestly say this is one of the best holidays in my life. The hotel first- It is Fantastic! The staff are very friendly, The food- how could any body complain! For breakfast, the choice was almost anything you could think of, eg. cerials, yogurts, porrage, fruit, bacon, eggs, sausages, fried bread, poached eggs, boiled eggs, scrammbled eggs, cheese, cold meat. toast, rolls, could go on all day. Meals at night were the same.
About the hotel- yes it is a lottery with the sun beds round the pool, but is it not the same all over the world. Just a few steps further is the glorious beach, and because of the problem with the sun beds the hotel give you a free clean large beach towel evey morning and when you rent a bed on the beach you get a discount which save you a fortune. The rooms in the hotel are lovely and you control the air con wich is also fab. You have a fridge in your romm for keeping your drinks cool. The maids are lovely and do a great job every single day. The entairtainment in the hotel is a bit iffy but seen worst. The bar prices in the hotel are pricey- its up to you. Sunny beach- yes the prices in general have went up but against the euro it wins hands down. You can still buy a pint for about 40 pence!!!!! Loads of good bars with graet live music, try the filipopol- brilliant band. Irish pub another great place, loads to do, never had a bad night. The place is spotless. Go and have a ball. And still get value for money."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of August 2009

Terrible experience

Reviewed Fri 10th of July 2009

"Just returned from sunny beach majestic hotel with terrible experience. Although we had paid for the hotel upfront, on the arrival to the hotel they took our passports as a deposit and they did not want to return them back until the check out. Even the evening before our departure (we had an early morning flight) when we cleared our bills from the restaurant they refused to return us our passports and promised we will get them back during check out. In the early morning when we were hurried up, we checked out from the hotel and rushed to the airport to catch our flight. And guess what ... at the airport we realized that they did not return us our passports. With 1 hour to the flight, being more than 30 kilometers from the hotel without passports I immediately called the hotel and asked them to send me the passports asap to the airport. It took me 10 minutes to explain them what do I want (speaking to 4 or 5 people) asking them to take the responsibility and send the passports by taxi. They of course refused the responsibility and wanted me to pay the taxi, what at the end I had to if I wanted to catch my flight. No apologies from them, nothing! At the end we were lucky as we convinced lady at the airport check-in to wait for us and not throw us from the flight, so we were able to flight home.
From the other side hotel is quite clean but we were very disappointed sunbeds around the pools. The hotel has approx. 750 rooms and apartments, while having at max 200 sunbeds. When you got to the pool area around 9 am you could not find a free sunbed although there was 20 people at most and this was because people were early in the morning rushing down to catch sunbeds and placing towels on them. Officially, when a sunbed is not occupied you could ask the pool manager to remove towels from it. However, when I asked for it I was told that I should come earlier. Next day we were setting alarm at 7 to get down earlier and book sunbeds. If you came at 8 you might be not so lucky. What a great vacation with alarm on!
They also had perfect gym over there with maybe 6-7 machines spaced in 30 square meters with no airconditioning, no towels, no wipes, no water. Great gym for hotel fo 1500 people.
And food, dinner was quite good although meat was sometimes not cooked properly. While breakfast was great for egg and yoghurt lovers - eggs almost everywhere. And with it you could have 3 variations of cheap tea, 2 cheeses and 3 choices of hams, which looked as the cheapest ham you can get from a supermarket and you would resist to give it to your dog.
Lovely hotel, I will never come back!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of July 2009

sunny beach 2009

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"Just got back from sunny beach stayed at the majestic for 2 weeks self-catering. Hotel was fab, pools great but germans nick the sun loungers,lifts are temperamental and scary but weather was glorious.
Be prepared for price rise if you have been before we spent £1800 and yet son and girlfriend each had £400 of their own.
Place very much like Blackpool and very full on, we enjoyed the break but would not return.
It did not have much to do on the night for the 2 16 year olds we had with us. It cost 5 levs (2.50) for a game of pool and 3 lev (1.50) for game of air hockey on the complex. None of these activities were available in any of the bars/restaurants.
Aqua parks at both sunny beach and nessabar were fab and cost 30 lev per person, free buses run every 15 mins from resort. taxis cost 20 lev (£10) to sunny beach one and 30 lev (£15)to nessabar one - each way but buses were fine.
Beach was lovely and the sea was warmer than most pools, but beware as its 7 levs for each sun bed you use.
Please feel free to email me on [email protected] if you want more information, i will gladly help out. I would have loved some help before my trip but could not find any.
Oh and dont forget its 25p every time you use the loo in restaurants and lots of bars have no toilets at all!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2009

our holiday

Reviewed Thu 11th of June 2009

"My family and i stayed at the majestic from 22may till 6june.The hotel was great,rooms were very clean and spacious and comfortable,staff very friendly and approachable.The food overall was very good but did get quite repetitive.We were allocated our own table for the two weeks.There were lots of different nationalities staying there too its just a pity some of them dont know how to queue or say excuse me.The outside was as clean as the inside the cleaners never stopped.I would say the only thing to let the hotel down was the pools,although they were big and clean they were very cold.There was entertainment in the evening but could do to be improved.As for sunny beach it is like a mini blackpool,lots of bars but dont think they all serve cheap beer,some are no cheaper than england.If you eat out dont give large notes to pay as some dont bring your change and you dont see them again.Some bars and restaurants also expect you to leave a tip for using the toilet,usually 50 lev but we did not always do so.A trip to the water park in sunny beach is a good day out,it is bigger than the one in nessebar.You can get a bus to nessebar old town for 1 lev but be prepared to be squashed and keep your hand on your bags when out and about as there are gypsies begging.Overall we enjoyed our holiday but dont think we will be revisiting any time soon."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2009

Amazing.

Reviewed Thu 15th of January 2009

"Had an absolutely FANTASTIC time on holiday here. The hotel was spotless, & the staff were all lovely. We got lost on arrival at the hotel, as there were so many floors & rooms! Stayed there for 2 weeks & loved every minute of it. We went all inclusive which was great. There were tons of places to eat, all reasonably priced, & every night we went to a different restaurant. The one place that stuck with me though, Was Chilli Peppers. My dad had previously been to Sunny Beach the year before, & got speaking to a guy that works in there, Tienco I think his name was. He was absolutely hilarious, taking us to the well known pubs & clubs & showing us about. Chilli Peppers has a huge range of food, all based on a "Wild West BBQ" & bar, offering American, English & Bulgarian cuisines. YUM!! (During the evening meal, there is also a group of girls who dress up in can-can dresses & perform a dance for the customers, really good to see!)

At the hotel, there were a wide range of activites for kids, if perhaps the adults wanted to relax in the sun for a while without any worries. The pools were great, being heated & providing toilet facilities at each of the main pools. Sun loungers were also available, but only at a rush! Our first day was spent trying to find sun loungers to lie on, as all the other guests would place towels on them as to stop anyone from taking them. You eventually get into the habit of bagging the loungers, & begin placing your towels on the ones you want!

The cocktails...well...wow. I can't even begin to describe them. There was the mudslide (baileys & crushed ice...yummy!) My fave. They range from about 5 lev, if that's right, to about 10 lev, but each of them is different. Another good thing to try, is the ice cream from the stalls that run along the road outside the hotel. The ice cream is absolutely delicious, & you get a good amount too. There are also Burger & pizza stalls along the road, & every morning we had a kebab from the one to the right when you left the hotel path. They're not like kebabs in Britain, but I thought they were sooo much nicer! You won't believe me until you try them! You can ask for what you want on them, salad, spicy sauce, even chips! MMMMMMMM!
Want to say a big thank you to our reps too, they were all great on both the flights & on the journey to the hotel!
Well worth going (:"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of January 2009

The majestic hotel was very nice. Also i...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"The majestic hotel was very nice. Also it was that big that me and my family got lost in the hotel when we arrived on the night.

It is vey nice because it is on the sea front also the swimming pools were heated and it is great for families and young teenagers"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Stayed at Majestic first week in Septemb...

Reviewed Thu 2nd of October 2008

"Stayed at Majestic first week in September, myself, my boyfriend and our 4month old baby. Nice hotel. Not 4 Star, I'd say 3 Star plus. Food was fine, not wonderful but nice. Hotel room was brilliant, it was a self catering room with a separate bedroom and a cot for the baby. Everywhere in the hotel was very clean. The maids were lovely!

One complaint was that the pool was far too cold. So much so that it was empty of people a lot. We could not take the baby into the pool as he just cried and his lips turned blue (literally). You knew when someone was getting into the pool because they would gasp and shout out. Consequently we only went in the pool a handfull of times. For my partner and I this spoiled things as it is a huge part of the holiday to be able to dip in and out of the pool. Something really needs sorting out about it. The sea was much warmer!

There were a lot of Germans in the hotel and a lot of the activities in the daytime were geared towards them. The guy who runs the entertainment is, however, fluent in many languages and does translate to each one, clever guy! Not too sure about evening entertainment as we went into town which was brilliant.

The hotel is situated in a perfect part of town for some peace and quiet yet it is a quick stroll to the lively areas. There is also a little train which takes you to the furthest part of town, this picks up at the side of the hotel. Thompson rep was not good as he didn't tell us about this and it's a long walk to the other end of town.
By the way, our cheapest pint of lager in town was 45 pence!!!!

Would definately go back to Sunny Beach, it was a great place. A little tacky looking but very diverse in the people it attracts which was refreshing. The Bulgarians are some of the nicest, friendliest and most guenuine people I have ever met. Unfortunately I would not go back to the Majestic, purely based on the pool being absolutely freezing cold."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

The most relaxed holiday i've been on, t...

Reviewed Wed 1st of October 2008

"The most relaxed holiday i've been on, the hotel was lovely, the staff were lovely. Had a sea view from our balcony, was something gorgeous to wake up to every morning! Sunny beach is a wonderful resort, there isn't alot to do i must say, but if your looking for a poolside beach holiday sunny beach bulgaria is the place. They are very friendly in sunny beach, and all the boys and girls out for an awsome night on the town, go there! Majestic is a wonderful, gorgeous hotel! recomend it 100%"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

Hotels near DIT Majestic Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for DIT Majestic Beach Resort

• Dee07 by Dee07

"Try the kebabs...they're a must. "

• Dee07 by Dee07

"Chilli Peppers restaurant. Also Nessebar, an old bulgarian town, which was really sweet "

• krazy kaz by krazy kaz

"its very good if you want sun,sea,booze and fast food but nowhere near as cheap as people make out a "

• patty by patty

"take advantage of the cheap and regular bus service "

DIT Majestic Beach Resort is also called