Not for the British

Reviewed 11th June 2018

"This hotel is fabulous for families. Arrived on31st May 2018 with my friend got key the porter told us it was owned by the same man who owns the Majestic which we stayed 2 years before but in September, ok this should be interesting! Got to room they forgotten are wristbands back downstairs again ok no problem. When trying to open door it wasn’t that easy, not only ones having trouble we persevered. Food is as many hotels warm. Bedroom ok paid for sea view with twin beds only it wasn’t it was a double bed asked if they had a twin room no, not helpful. Next morning and the next two mornings got up with severe back pain the bed was two soft, ask to see if they would change it to harder mattress. A cleaner bought up a topper which was two feet overhanging the bed and softer no good, so I asked for a sun bed in the room to sleep on , the Management said no ,they must of thought I was going to take it home. Went to rep she got it sorted for me ,so for four nights I slept on a sun bed and yes it did help my back a lot no thanks to the female manager. While waiting at desk other English families had been given rooms which weren’t right! This was not a friendly hotel sorry to say if you was British wouldn’t go there again but people make up there own minds don’t they.You might even get a smile?"

• Travel date: 1st January 2018

Dangerous

Reviewed 8th December 2016

"We took an all inclusive holiday at a 4 star (family) hotel in Bulgaria. There were cockroaches. Broken glass on the floor for the entire dining service. Broken tiles and sharp raised edges in the swimming pool. Fireworks set off in the hotel. As for the play park...... well your child would be safer playing in a minefield... less chance of injury. I spoke to the rep who was obviously incapable of getting into work on time let alone dealing with any incidents. Seriously whilst raising the issues she was just trying to sell me a trip. In two weeks I spent nearly a day trying to motivate her to deal with the issue. I've spoken to Thomson several times who seem to just move the goalposts and always refer me back to their complaint form that they rarely respond to. Their final solution is yes there are issues and said sorry this is unacceptable. "

• Travel date: 4th November 2016

Lovely

Reviewed 17th August 2015

"My first time to Bulgaria and was pleasantly surprised. More built up and definitely more modern than I imagined! Hotel was in a great location,on the beach, not far from the airport, with plenty to do around us. Food good, try to book the other "specialty restaurants" as it's nice to have a bit of waitress service. Modern block has a lift, but further away from the restaurants. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Massive down side and only complaint was the pool sun loungers. You had a fight in the mornings to get one and most were gone by 8am! I didn't expect to set my alarm on holiday every morning just to get one and once you do have one and left it for more than 20 mins first thing for breakfast, they remove your towels. Fair enough system in that way but it leaves a lot of disgruntled customers. The ones that were generally last to go were the ones with no sun parasols due to it being so hot With no shade."

• Travel date: 16th August 2015

Not good

Reviewed 8th July 2012

"This is NOT a 4 star hotel. rooms are clean, however no coffee making facilities(this is basic), meals are ok however, snacks are repetative,piza/burgers/pasta, the staff are unhelpful, or sleazy! we were there when the water park was being assembled! drill, cement you name it and not one apology form the hotel manager or thomson for the inconvenience. Constant annoyance form the ENTERTAINMENT TEAM, the only time we actually participated english was not good. If you dare to go out of the complex DO NOT get a taxi, they rip you off. If you a lady they will probably try to rape you. Please do not go"

• Travel date: 8th July 2012

Much Better Then Expected

Reviewed 25th August 2011

"I went with my girlfriend and her family,a large party of 15 inc 7 kids from ages 1 upto 13. Having read all of the reviews on here i must admit to being a little apprehensive cos its human nature to focus on the negative reviews rather the the good ones.So arriving after midnight to check in i wondered what was in store for us. I shouldnt of been worried. We were greeted by very friendly staff at reception who went out of their way for all of us,made sure we had rooms near each party & hepled us with our bags and also opened up the restaurant at nearly 1am so as to ensure we all had something to eat as we had been travelling 6-7hrs in total which was a nice gesture. The rooms were all air-con, operated by your key fob.Cleaned every day,inc fresh towels. Bugarian sky tv! No english speaking channels & watch out for the "adult" channel,its not scrambled lol!Two pools,the biggest and busiest is surrounded by the apartment blocks and gets hardly any cool breezes,temps were around 32 everyday,ok if your a sun worshiper but alot for the younger kids to take after a while. However the smaller pool at the front of the hotel overlooking the beach was much better suited for the kids,no deep end & great for cool breezes off the beach! Someone mentioned in a review about getting your towels down early reserving sunbeds,well its true!And the bigger the party the tougher to get beds together.We took turns going down each morning to grab ours,prior to breakfast,by 7-30 most beds were covered in towls!The restaurant used for breakfast and general evening meals resembled my old school dinner hall back in the early 80's,queueing with your plate in hand. Dont let that put you off,the food was off a preety high standard and the choice extremely good.Def something for everyone,inc repeat visits!The themed restaurants were easily the best,i could of quite happily eaten chinease every night it was that good.The bars in the complex were good, drinks available up till midnight,unlimited soft drinks for kids & the harder stuff for the grown ups(tho as mentioned earlier beer is bit on the weak side).The beach was so clean put the UK to shame,plenty of hotel sunbeds on it but again you must get out early to get your spot.By miday the sand was red hot to walk on,remember your sandals! Any downsides?If you want to be picky,some i suppose.There are no lifts in the complex blocks except the entrance to hotel.If your put in one of the other 3 blocks,be prepared for stairs.Each block has 3 levels so if your on the top 2 floors that can be tricky with prams,older guests etc. Also the "all-inclusive & unlimited drinks" tag can (& did) attract the odd 18-30 crowd,so be aware,tho they were in the minority. Watch out for the bars along the seafront ripping you off,we actually got charged for "gas" along wth the drink cost!So 4lav beer inc 1.50 on top as it was draft. Your told after youve ordered and they are poured. Overall tho we all enjoyed our stay at the Evrika, would recommend as a very good family hotel.DEf more like our 3star rated hotels rather then the 4 they give it.But thats no bad thing.Go with an open mind,like i should of done. Hope this helps. "

• Travel date: 22nd August 2011

Amazing Holiday At Evrika

Reviewed 5th July 2011

"Me and my boyfriend got back from a weeks holiday at Evrika Beach on the 18th of June 2011, We had a great holiday and would recommend this hotel. The food was lovely especially the themed restaurants. We enjoyed walking up and down Sunny Beach. There was lots to look at and loads of lovely places to eat and drink. We would recommend taking a bit of spending money even though hotel is all inclusive because there is so much to do along Sunny Beach. The Hotel was clean and our room was good. The pools Were so cold and took a while to get used to, But the Sea beach was only a very short distance away. We would defiantly reccomend Bulgaria and our hotel. "

• Travel date: 3rd July 2011

My holiday at the Evrika Hotel

Reviewed 4th July 2011

"I came back from my holiday 3 days ago and am taking time out from the ironing to tell others how happy I was with the Hotel Evrika. The best part for me was the convenience to the beach, which was never overcrowded, free sunloungers and umbrella were a first as was the beach bar. As the only person of a family of 4 who went daily to the beach I was a bit of a loner, but I was left undisturbed by street vendors and massuers to enjoy my swim in the sea. The food in the hotel was excellent, great variety especially with choice of themed restaurants. Unfortunately the Italian restaurant was booked up for our entire stay, but we ate twice at the Asian. Restaurant manager in the main restaurant deserves a mention for his courtesy as does the potato gratin and tomato soup for taste. I had no reason to approach a member of staff for any request as I was satisfied and really enjoyed the one man band who sang REM, The Eagles and all my favourites to pathetic applause. All the best Mary McCabe Room 153 Block D "

• Travel date: 30th June 2011

Don't do it.....

Reviewed 8th September 2010

"We went out to the Evrika Sunny Beach on 20th August 2010 for two weeks. Before booking the holiday we went through all our requirements with Thompson's, I explained that I was taking two OAP's both in wheelchairs, one was blind and deaf, the other could not walk unaided. I had to give all the dimensions of wheelchairs etc. When we arrived at Hotel 4am in the morning, we noticed that the staff were a bit startled to see my parents, they after 10 minutes explained that they did not have a room available for my parents, the rooms they had, had no lifts on the 3rd floor of B Block, I, my sister and my daughter were in a different place. I refused to take the room on offer and explained that they needed to be in a room where a lift was available. They said they could not find one, but to come back the next day. I said no and asked them for the manager, they said there was no manager!! After arguing for 30 mins, they phoned the manager and he suggested a room in A Block, there was a lift. We were still sent to block B, we entered the room and it smelt horrible, it was beyond belief, we refused to stay in this room and spent the night on the floor in my mum and dad's room. The next day we waited until the manager arrived and explained the situation, he said he could not understand the problem and we had a room, we told him about the smell, he said, "what do you expect the hotel is 10 years old". We said you need to get us a room in the same block that my parents are in, he said we cannot do that until tomorrow, we explained that we would not stay in the room on B Block, he said he could put a mattress on the floor in my parents room, all he would do i blame Thompsons. The hotel was filthy, the manager was terrible her name is Tania, she is not helpful and is rude, I found the food OK, and the drinks were weak, but plentiful, RIU are pulling out of this hotel, the director was there when we were there and he said "We know there is problems with this hotel, it is not up to standard, and we are pulling out". The last day was also bad, after all the trouble we had, TANIA refused to allow us to keep one room on, she said we could keep it all night if we paid 15 lev per hour, we refused after the way our holiday started. After arguing with her for 1 hour we got old of the rep, who was not much use, but she managed to get up 3 hours and then paid for an extra 4 hours. We were told by Tania we should be out of our room by 7pm, we were not due to leave till 1.30am, in a fluke we managed to find the Riu director and he made her give us our room until we were due to be picked up, she was not happy and was calling us. Don't go it is advertised as 4 star but I would say it is 2 star"

• Travel date: 7th September 2010

A great place have a relaxing family holiday

Reviewed 26th August 2010

"We had never been to Bulgaria before and have just got back from two weeks of Sunny Bulgarian hospitality. The food is fantastic and plenty of choice. The room was spacious enough for a teenager to share too! which isn't always the case in Spain. We found the resort very reasonable and it actually felt like you were in a different country, The hotel is close to all the fun of you want it and near enough to the bus top if you want to go futher a field. The sea was as warm as a bath and the beaches clean. I would go again before it just becomes like the rest of Europe! "

• Travel date: 21st August 2010

Too bad, to forget

Reviewed 17th August 2010

"Room - Not a single hot water drop; Staff - Not friendly with many english limitations. They don't solve problems, it is never their fault; Restaurant service - awful, don't replace dirty towels, spread tiny little bread to the floor, full disorganization; Elevators - stopped everytime with problems; "

• Travel date: 17th August 2010

Blackpool with Russian Food Yuk!

Reviewed 15th July 2010

"Hotel pluss points -nice ,spotless,staff very good. hotel negative -entertainment rubbish or non existant,it rained so they brought out scrabble .food terrible ,boiled fish ,boiled chicken,boiled pork ,all russian or german food,brits not included only approx 5% of guests. destination-terrible sunnybeach is like benidorm in the 1970s but 10 times larger more commercial with no culture or sites just thousands of tat shops selling expensive fakes to russians and germans.shops on the miles of main drag so close that you cant get to the beach often for hundreds of yards,its the worst most tacky 18/30 joint in the world,please dont go !!."

• Travel date: 14th July 2010

How to enjoy

Reviewed 29th June 2010

"Just returned, having spent to wonderful weeks here. Food is ok and varied. The grandchildren were sometimes diggicult to please but on the whole it was ok. Recommend an eveming meal at the Asian Rest: on site. Animation Team are a little over the top but you will get use to them and they do take no as no. Try the air rifle shooting and the cocktail game is alot of fun. Evening time well spent with all the shows on site, ok it is not the west end but hey, we are on holiday. Overall, it would be fair to say it was worth the 8. use a sfe if you can afford the 5 levs a day and make sure you book the courtesy room for an half hour on the day you depart. The courtesy room we had to make do with was horrible but that was because the reception had made a mness of our booking the room so we had to make do."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2010
  • ...

Hotels near DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel

Top traveller tips for DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel

• by Steve G

"Avoid thomson like you would the black plauge"

• by markyboy

"get your towels on the sunbeds early!"

• by Beach Babe

"Book the Italian restaurant immediately and make the most of the convenience to that beach"

• by Sue

"safe sunny resort at areasonable price"

• by migpsf

"Awful - Not going back again"

• by NEWPORT

"Tacky 18/30S Over Commercialised Yuk!!!!"

• by pixieglen

"good for family and fun"

• by AJBoys

"Brillant - Give it a go "

• by holsqueen

"Favourite bar was Fresh!! it's right from the riu!"

• by williams35

"Dak's Irish Bar, good live music"

• by williams35

"Great holiday resort with great water sports"

• by Nickp

"A bit blackpool in the sun"

DIT Evrika Beach Club Hotel is also called