Good

horrible hotel and staff

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2015

"I was there with my friend for 7 days. Let's start with the fact that there was WiFi only at reception and no place to charge you computer (my holds for only 30min without charger) so I bought internet for my room which cost 35lv / 18euro for 7 days. Staff told me to check connection before buying it so I get to my 2nd floor and everything was good. First night it was working (so I used it 2hours before I go to sleep). Next day there was no connection at all, I thought maybe they are fixing something. Next day the same- no connection so I went to reception and told that it's not working. They told me to come next day and they will fix it. Next they the same- not working. Other staff told me to come next day so I can get my money back or they will figure something else out. Next day I had to go to old town so I came after that. At the reception again was other staff- blond long haired woman who talked to me very arrogant and told me that I can't get my money back because my WiFi is working here at reception. I told her that there is no point for me to use it here and that I need it in my room that's why I paid for it and she told me that she won't give me back my money anyway and that I had to come and tell about the problem at the first day although I did that but she told me that she don't remember it.
Room and hotel itself is very outdated. I visited a lot of hotels and I wouldn't give this on 5 stars. Room smelled awful, we had to open balcony for several days so that smell wouldn't be there. Towels were stained. Rust under the sink was falling to the floor every day. Sockets in room was so wiggly that I was afraid to get shocked if I don't hold it when pull of charger. When we first got there I saw that thing under sink is opened and there was hair sticking out of it. I didn't close it so see if room cleaners will do it and not a single one did it for the entire week.
Staff is not friendly, they don't say "hi" especially woman staff. They always look very sad or arrogant.
They give you free shampoos and soaps only at first day, bar at second swimming pool was not working. They don't even make nice cocktails.
I will never ever go back to this hotel. I have been to a lot of hotels in a lot of countries but this one is just awful fot 5 stars"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2015

Hotel from hell

Reviewed Tue 20th of January 2015

"As previous reviews, I went to this hotel even after reading reviews, like to keep an open mind, unfortunately for my family it is as bad as all the reviews suggest. It's dirty, both inside and out. Pools not maintained or cleaned, area around pools a death trap with not enough sun loungers or parasols. No pool bar as advertised and nowhere to sit on a night. The rooms are spacious but very grubby and had trouble getting clean towels.

We managed to get over this, but most of the staff are extremely rude and unpleasant and as for the dining area, you queued to get in, queued to get a table, but worst of all queued to get a plate, there simply wasn't enough and after queuing for a plate you then had to queue for a knife and fork and spoon, it really was a shambles, there wasn't enough of anything and when the staff bought some clean ones out it was a fight with all the other Hotel guests. it's a free for all, people were pushing and getting very upset. We never looked forward to going to any meal and in the end started eating out.

Seriously please don't choose this hotel, I have stayed in some bad places and never felt the need to write a review, this is the worst hotel in forty years of successful travel. Keep well clear!!! "

• Travel date: Tue 20th of January 2015

Don't be fooled by this hotel

Reviewed Thu 9th of August 2012

"The Chaika looks amazing on arrival but thats where it stays. rooms grubby, staff very very rude and unpleasant, had to fight tooth and nail for a sunbed, people were putting there towels on beds at 2.30 in the morning to reserve them. never saw the pool get cleaned, no entertainment, loads of hairy Germans and russians in budgy smugglers, no pool bar and Irish bar not too clean and most of the chairs were dodgy. AI not very good for kids, snacks were left over cheesy bun things or cardboard pizza only, could only get ice cream at lunch/tea time. drinks are tiny plastic cups, u only get a pint glass if u pay for it, the best thing was the view which was priceless. we love sunny beach and will go again but hopefully to the Majestic. Food not very nice but the bread buns were lovely which i lived on."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2012

Down right diabolical

Reviewed Mon 3rd of October 2011

"12/09/11 to 26/09/11
Lovely sandy beach and clean.Hotel pictures misleading, where was the boat on the beach(pub).Lovely looking hotel from the outside in daylight, not enough lights on at night, could possibly trip over the uneven concrete/tile floorings. Electric socket in bedroom coming away from the wall which could be a danger especially to a child. Air con did not work at all even though the unit showed lights on it. No minibar just a fridge.98 levs for 2 weeks for a safe deposit box with no money back.Food same every day (great if you like warm chips, oily hard fried eggs, salad. Toast takes about 6 tries before it browns.Chipped cups and glasses, when I removed these off the trays were told to put back by staff.Dirty tablecloths on top of table and underneath the table.Unfriendly staff in most of the hotel complex. Ran out of beer at pool bar and in the Irish Bar.Pools dirty never cleaned properly or even seen the water tested. Lifequard seemed to be the only person who managed to find a sweeping brush to try in the pool on 3 occations during our 2 week stay.Dirt swept up into a corner by the pool bar.

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2011

Fab holiday, rude staff!

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2011

"My friends and I have just returned from a fabulous holiday in Sunny Beach. My first impression of the Chaika was that is was plush looking and clean. However we checked in at reception and the reception staff were very rude, not telling us to enjoy or even telling us where our rooms where. When we eventually found our rooms, we were pleased, they were clean and had TV, hairdryer and air con etc. I would describe the restaurant and food as 2*; there was no presentation on the tables, simply a white paper tablecloth. The food wasn't the best, there wasn't a huge selection, and we all survived on chips and bread for the week. The hotel bar was also a let down compared with other hotels I'd been too. They only served larger, gin, vodka and some soft drinks which were all just laying in bottles on the pool bar. The Seaman's bar was nicer. But the staff at both bars and in the general area of the hotel were so rude it became annoying, considering how much we paid to go on the holiday you'd think they could of learnt some manners but most of them couldn't even muster a 'please' or 'thank you'. It wasn't only in the hotel, it was in most places you went, and in all honestly this spoilt the holiday a little. The nightlife however was fantastic and as four 21 year old girls, that's what we went for. We had a fantastic time overall, mostly thanks to the great nightlife and the other people we met at our hotel, but wouldn't visit hotel again based on the rudeness of the staff and the food. But will deffinatly be returning to Sunny Beach!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2011

Looks a lovely Hotel but don 't be fooled

Reviewed Wed 3rd of August 2011

"Just back from Chaika Beach Hotel. Have been to Sunny Beach 4 times previously and always had great hotels stayed at The Alba last time right in the centre and no probs . Thought this one looked fab as we were a party off all different ages we thought it would cater for everyone i have teenagers who love to party so im in no way expecting a quite hotel especially being on the front, but this hotel was terribly noisey people runing about corridors all night singing trying to get in rooms people in the pool during the night sitting on the sunloungers drinking and smoking and just leaving their rubbish (broken glass cig ends etc)and the security men when you do see them are sleeping on the sunloungers. The rooms are ok but had to ask for clean towels and toilet roll, they're not keen to give you them got same excuse everytime the washing machine was broken so no clean towels !. We were half board and there was no where to get a coffee or a drink at the pool it was only for all inclusive. The resturant is badly run no plates no forks no glasses ,You also don't get a drink (even water) with your evening meal! toaster broken for 3 days surely a hotel this size should have more than one toaster also table clothes filthy and not changed when marked. Also got my towels pinched from a sunlounger, when i went to reception desk to report it receptionist was very rude saying "we don t have your towels we don t need them ". The smell form the toilet was disgusting, just horrible. "

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2011

would never stay here again

Reviewed Fri 8th of July 2011

"4 Stars? I dont think so.
Me and my partner booked this holiday over a year ago and were very much looking forward to it, we saw some of the reviews before we went and hoped they weren't true, unforatunetly they were.
I agree with what most people have said about the awful food, broken lifts, lack of sun loungers, lack of drinking glasses etc.. I would like to add however that the bar staff in the so called itish bar are so so rude and arrogant, especially if you are an all inclusive guest. they regularly ignore you at the bar in favour of serving guests who aren't all inclusive, they water down the spirits, serve flat beer from one pump to all inclusive and normal beer to others. they are miserable and not nice to deal with.
we spent most of our saved up spending money on eating and drinking out.
I also went to the medical room to ask for a plaster as i'd cut my foot on a tile at the pool, i was amazed by what i saw in there. It was simply an old room, half of it was stacked up with broken old chairs covered in dusk and spider webs, then there was a woman sat in front of her desk on her phone who told me she didnt have any plasters and i had to go to reception. needless to say reception didnt have any plasters either.
this hotel looks wonderful from the outside but now ive stayed i would never go back!!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2011

don't stay here

Reviewed Thu 7th of July 2011

"PLEASE DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS HOTEL
Firstly you are totally mislead as u walk into reception as u think wow then u get properly into the hotel and ur smile ends up thinking wtf. me and partner wanted to go bk on our first proper day there,
*There was dog poo on the floor on our way to rooms
*Everything in room looked like to was gonna fall apart the balcony looked unsafe glad we don't av kids, the balcony door didn't shut properly u had to lean on it so it shut, the beds we had a problem with as the first night we got there and my fella nearly went though it we had a look in the morning and the whole bed was falling to bits we managed to fix it but decided not to use it.
THE FOOD well don't bother go out 4 all meals we were all inclusive wish hadn't been. the only descent food was chips as we overheard one person turn round and say what shall we eat they looked around and chips it is then,The ENTERTAINMENT whats that, there was nothing at all. the weather was horrible we probably had 2 days out of the whole week where there was sun but only for few hours most of week it rained which ruined the holiday as we ended up staying in our hotel room. to sum up the whole holiday i would av to say we are never going back there "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2011

Holiday from Hell!

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2011

"We have just returned from Bulgaria this morning after staying in the hotel chaika ai. i read the reviews before i went with the attitude that people would come on here to write bad reviews rather than good and that a lot of them expect more than what was paid for. Now i understand why there are so many bad and why in future i will trust review websites much more! i dont even know where to start....when you arrive and see the hotel you are completley deceived into thinking you are in for a great stay especially if you have a seaview room like we did. the location is the only thing going for it! I have demanded our tour operator get someone into the hotel to look at food hygiene and standards, and remove this hotel from their listings as if you pay for all inclusive you will be completley ripped off.The food is below poor and i have raised issues of reusing hot food on the cold bit, chipped cultery, unclean glassses, and the staff put new food over old food encouraging breeding ground for food poisioning! the cuts of meat are beef, chicken and pork and can only be described as off cuts, fatty and not even something you would feed the dog! the money you take for trips will sadly be spent on eating out for your own safety as well as taste! There is no entertainment apart from in the Irish Bar. A quiz and bingo nite which you have to pay for, however the brochure states you will see live shows, water aerobics, volleyball etc...you wont and nothing is included!!!!. The toilets in the irish bar smell of urine and poo and are never clean. The pool area is covered with bird poo and that too is never cleaned. there are by far not enough sunbeds to cater for the amount of guests. The lifts are broken down reguarly. I tripped over a loose slate and nearly cut my foot open. The maids never changed our beds all week and we ran out of toilet roll on one occassion, my boyfriends mum and dad were the same and had to go out and buy some. the staff dont speak much english or want to help you unless you tip them, and then suddenly they know perfect english. if you dont like vodka, beer, brandy or gin or wine (vinegar) be prepared to drink pop all holiday or pay for drinks outside the hotel. cocktails are available in the mystic bar but even if you all in inc you have to pay for these. there is no hot water no matter what time of day you shower and flight times are usually at night meaning you always see plenty of people sat around miserable in the lobby area as you need to vacate your rooms by 12 or pay 140 lev (approx £70) to keep your room on your last day....even though on your first day you dont arrive till early hours of the morning. We arrived at 3 therefore paid a day for the room and it was never used. The resort outside the hotel isnt much better unless your there to get absolutley wasted so you forget where you are and can sleep all day to avoid the shambles of a hotel! Please please please listen to the reviews i wish i had! i wouldnt even choose another hotel as other holiday makers were experiencing similar problems everywhere just go somewhere else altogehter. our flight home was delayed by someone falling ill, followed by further people during the flight also falling ill which says it all. home has never felt so good! "

• Travel date: Tue 28th of June 2011

Holiday from Hell

Reviewed Wed 15th of June 2011

"This is honestly the worst holiday I have ever had in my life, my friend and I stayed at this hotel at the end of May and it was horrendous. We arrived in the early hours of the morning around 4.00 a.m. the Reception area is beautiful and we were shown to a room with a marvellous sea view and thought we were in for a really enjoyable holiday. We tried to get a drink (coffee) as we are ladies of a certain age and a coffee would have been very welcome after a long long day, we were told by the lady on reception No,it is closed. We don't like to make a fuss so just accepted that we would have to wait until the restaurant opened for breakfast.We had read all of the terrible reviews before we went and decided to make our own minds up and to be fair the breakfast was not too bad, the coffee was dreadful but I got round that by buying my own and making it with hot water myself. Then we went for lunch,the food was cold and there was not much choice but we hoped for better things at dinner. However each time we went to the restaurant it seemed to get worse the food was absolutely dire, always cold, always tasteless, not much choice.One night the soup tasted of soap, another salt and the other times of nothing at all.If you love rabbit food you could always find a bit of salad but some of us like hot food. The excuses from the staff were that Bulgarians eat their food cold, if that is the case why is the food in the restaurants outside the resort served hot? We booked an all inclusive holiday and do not then expect to have to go out to buy food but it was the only way we could survive this holiday. We had not budgeted for this and expected to be able to take some trips, however that budget went on food. On top of the appalling food we were inundated for the first few days with Bulgarian school leavers who were having a ball at the hotel on the Monday and Tuesday so the guests were informed they had to eat before 7 in the evening, we were not warned about this before we booked and it appears that this is a yearly event. The hotel was taken over by these people who ran up and down the corridors during the night knocking on doors and keeping other guests awake we barely slept. We were relieved when they left only to be replaced by hordes of German school leavers who took over one of the pool areas, drinking all day, singing and generally making a nuisance of themselves making it impossible to sit around that pool.If we had been aware of this we would never have booked we did not want an 18-30's holiday. All we heard the whole time we were there were complaints the same as our own. We soon found out that this hotel does not have the facilities that are advertised, there is only one restaurant and one bar. The famous Irish Bar, what a joke! No comfortable seats only a gloomy bar with wooden chairs and tables the queues were horrendous and we felt great sympathy for the bar staff trying to keep up serving all the kids while we tried to squeeze in for a drink, a table inside was impossible to get. We had to go out to eat and drink in order to salvage some of our holiday. Where is the Lobby bar, the Pizza restaurant is now not part of the hotel and neither is the Mystic bar. Next on the list of failings is the famous lift situation. The lift from the Irish bar was out of order entirely for a week and the other lift broke down frequently on a daily basis, after my friend got trapped in the left while alone we were too nervous to enter it alone, there were many elderly people and people with pushchairs which was a nightmare for them.
One evening it was raining, we did our usual visit to the restaurant to see what was on offer and sat down at a table only for rain to drip onto our table, I called over one of the young waitresses who went to see someone who I assume was in charge, 2 men in suits and a female who looked as if she could be managment came over they conferred then walked away only for the waitress to return with an ice bucket which she placed on the table to catch the drops.....we were speechless and left not long after to go out to find something edible.
We complained the first week about the food etc but nothing changed, we were told if the food was cold to ask the kitchen to heat it up imagine asking for pork to be reheated and I can assure you pork was served at every meal along with chicken I think you take your life in your hands reheating these foods and would never have risked it.
All in all this was a nightmare of a holiday and we would not recommend this hotel to anyone. This looks wonderful from the outside, many people stop to look at it and take photos whenever we got the chance we told them that looks are deceiving and what you see is not what you get.

• Travel date: Wed 15th of June 2011

Faulty Towers

Reviewed Mon 15th of November 2010

"Me and my girlfriend went sunny beach in june 2010 that was fine, so we went back in september 2010, but booked into chaika beach hotel this time, as it is the same company who own these hotels,,but let me tell ya doesnt take much to keep me happy, im easy goin fella, but when ya work hard save hard for a holday you want have a nice time eh, well this hotel abb ruined my stay its pure dirty, every where dirt dirt dirt,the pool black as your boot the rooms 100 percent pure filthy, the floors in the room had 2 in think in black suit like, the beds every nite you were being eating alive by what ever was living in them. the food im not joking when i say these i would not feed it to my dog honest. and if ya wanted a coke or beer there ex was sorry no classes, and if they had i asure you woulnt of took one, honestly, the staff arent helpfull they just seem like they dont want to be there at all, honestly people i dont moan but please dont make the mistake that we did, it will make your hoilday a nitemare, no matter if your gettin a asada price dont. pay the ex an stay in bercelo hotel. and beside that sunny beach i love it, so people you have been warned, so enjoy ur hols "

• Travel date: Sat 13th of November 2010

no entertainment what a let down.

Good
Reviewed Tue 28th of September 2010

"just come back from chaika beach after a week all inclusive,your better going full board as there wasnt any entertainment on when we went so we had to go out.its really cheap to eat and drink elsewhere.only limited drinks and no cocktails,{you could have cocktails in the night club part but you had to pay not good when you have already paid for all inclusive.}hotel very clean, bedrooms exellent.we went to the same hotel 3years ago but only on full board enjoyed it better then,dont think we will go back."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2010

Hotels near Chaika Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Chaika Beach Hotel

• DuffiHan by DuffiHan

"you should give it a try :) "

• gazza901 by gazza901

"Would definatley return to sunny beach "

• gazza901 by gazza901

"Water parks, beach and Khan's tent are brilliant "

• Malaya -1- by Malaya -1-

"Really Don't Go, So Bad! "

• DiClacton by DiClacton

"Khans Tent restaurant and show "

• T by T

"Give it a try and you will be surprised!! "

• Wales by Wales

"it was a good holiday all round to tell all "

• Magster by Magster

"Too big - too noisy - not relaxing!!!! "

• Tanja by Tanja

"Sunny Beach is lovely. Chaika Resort is a disgrace. "

• thundery beach by thundery beach

"ok if you book into small hotel/appartment eating out good beach lovely weather unpredictable "

• harpy by harpy

"accentuate the positive, diminish the negative "

• mickthemiller by mickthemiller

"Sunny Beach is Blackpool abroad "

• wendy by wendy

"hated Bulgaria, will never return "

• marshy51. by marshy51.

"dont go all inclusive,as there was no entertainment on when we went.go full board "

• ano by ano

"dont stay in this hotel, resort good though "

• dont stay here or bulgaria! by dont stay here or bulgaria!

"dont stay here or bulgaria "

• lilmel by lilmel

"no comment as never going back there "

• laerke89 by laerke89

"spend as much time away from the hotel as possible "

• sun worshiper by sun worshiper

"Upgrade the hotel food and the hotel itself "

• Gintwiv by Gintwiv

"Clean it, refurbish, buy some plates and cutlery, change all the staff. "

Chaika Beach Hotel is also called