About Arda Hotel

• bulgarian
  • tv channel one russia

holiday fun

Reviewed Thu 10th of September 2015

"The Hotel Ardais a friendly place to stay i have stayed ay this hotel for eight years if your looking for some thing upgraded then pay the price this is a family hotel i feel most welcome wen i come here my lovely friends i have met there go the same time as us it is like been home from home would recommend this hotel every time it is clean and comfortable i have booked to go next year this will be my ninth time love the hotel. "

• Travel date: Thu 10th of September 2015

Perfect hols

Reviewed Wed 20th of May 2015

"I just came back from this hotel and it was amazing we stayed in the 2* and no problems brilliant neighbors and the music you couldn't hear from were our apartment was I recommend it the staff brought us a bottle of water each day amazing 100% recommend. "

• Travel date: Tue 19th of May 2015

Better than we first expected!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Just back from a 2 week stay in the Arda with 3 of my friends where we had rooms in the 3 star part of the hotel. We arrived in the middle of the night and my first impression wasn't great as all of us had been to Sunny Beach before and we didn't recognise any of the hotels surroundings.
However the next day we went a walk and quickly discovered it was only a 20-25 minute walk into Sunny Beach centre. We are all between 21-24 so we liked going into the centre for the bigger clubs but there is plenty of shops/bars/cafes/restaurants around where Arda is situated, and its only 5 minutes from the beach.

The hotel itself was pleasant enough to stay in for the 2weeks, however we had to pay for air-conditioning and the one in my room was broke so we had to put paper in it to keep the fans from falling down!!

Every day the 4 of us managed to get sun loungers, which in most other hotels I have found extremely difficult! The pool was a reasonable size, some days it was a bit dirty but other than that it was always kept clean.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the maids didn't change the towels very often so we had to put our towels outside to dry off! Despite this most of the staff (maids included) were pleasant and friendly. The security guard was probably the moodiest person in the hotel, we nicknamed him Terminator because people who are not guests at the hotel are not allowed to cut through the reception and he chased them all away! A couple of times when we went to walk in we were stopped and asked if we stayed at the hotel! That was a bit annoying but after a few days he realised who we were and stopped bothering us.

I would say this is an average hotel, nothing fancy but have friendly English speaking staff, very tight security and it is clean enough.

There is a bit of noise that comes from Franko's bar/grill just next to the hotel but that didn't bother us because we were usually in there till the small hours anyway!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of July 2009

Would not recommend for anybody.

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"This hotel was awful, we expected the cleanliness not to be as good as over in the UK, we accomodate for that abroad but this hotel was dreadful, it absoloutly stunk of sewage waste in the toilets by the reception. The brochure stated that the hotel had a jacuzzi, there is no such thing.
When we arrived a guest asked as if we had just arrived he said that we would have a good time but the hotel was not good at all, he was right, however we did think we would only sleep in the hotel so it wouldnt matter,
Never was hot water available, when complained the receptionist stated there was a high demand for the hot water. I feel as though they should have acommodated for this as we tried to get hot water at several different times of the day.
It is quite far away from the main resort but that wasn't a problem.
The food at the hotel was ridiculously bad, no choice at all, the only positive about the food was the bread in which you can toast yourself. Towels were not changed once despite us wanting them to be.
Our only complaint for our holiday to bulgaria was the hotel, we had a fantastic time in sunny beach and on the excersions and would recommend bulgaria to anybody but would 100% advise againt hotel Arda as it ruined it for us."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

this was a dissapointment

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"When we arrived in the early hours and i saw the room i burst into tears. We stayed in the 2 star side of the hotel with no air conditioning,the beds were like rock we had to ask for extra matresses. We were moved into another room cos the toilet didnt work and the bathroom smelt like a sewer. The new room wasnt much better we had waste coming from the back of the toilet most of the 2 weeks we were there,we didnt complain again as we didnt want to be a nusiance. The balkan rep was a great guy and sorted out our problems straight away. The pool area was good as was the pool,we wasnt far from anything so its nicely situated. The pool bar at the hotel next door had banging music till all hours makin sleep impossible.

All in all we enjoyed this holiday bulgaria is lovely and as we have been before(staying somewhere else) we got about quite a lot. We wouldnt stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

A great hotel, recommended by regulars

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I went to the Hotel Arda this year for the second time with my friend. We had a great time and hope to return. The hotel is far smaller than many in Sunny Beach but this seems to make it more friendly and intimate. There is a mixture of nationalities which adds to the interest. Reception staff all speak English and are extremely helpful. I always found the hotel very clean and our room was kept lovely. I met many residents who come year after year and some of them say they insist on the Arda Hotel. The hotel does serve lunches and dinners but it's probably better to get these in one of the many restaurants available only yards away. The breakfast is a Continental one so a bit different from what British people are used to. I could always find something OK but if you are a bit fussier you can buy fruit from a nearby stall and some yoghurt from the 24 hour supermarket right next to the hotel or you can get a full English breakfast for about £3 in most cafes. The hotel is close enough to the nightlife but not right next to it.
I agree with the family from Wales who reviewed the same hotel. It's a good hotel for the budget traveller and a great base for a holiday in this lovely country."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of July 2009

We had a great time here!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We got back from our trip to Sunny Beach, Bulagria staying at the Hotel Arda last week.
The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful (mostly family run) and they went out of thier way to make our stay pleasurable.
The Arda is not exclusive to English guests - we liked the good mix of nationalities (makes you feel like you are actually in another country).
The rooms were small, but impeccably clean with fresh towels/linen every day. The air-conditioning was essential and very reasonably charged at local rates. We stayed in two rooms in the 3 star section of the hotel. The hotel is set back a little from the main drag which can get quite lively at night with lots of bustling bars,the market and eateries. It can get noisy, but Sunny Beach is a noisy resort! We wernt unduly disturbed during the night.
We stayed on a half board basis, the food was good in the evening, though you would be stuggling for choice if you stayed for 2 weeks. Breakfast is always a bit hit and miss, so we stuck to toast/boiled eggs/ jam/honey etc. The food in the surrounding restaurants/bars is good quality and really good value for money if you are eating out. Beer is also very cheap!!
Weather was beautiful 90% of the time (a bit of rain on two nights) - the beach is large and very clean, lots of beds and umberellas available at local charges. There is no-one trying to sell you anything which is refreshing.
We also met people who go there year on year, and specifically request this hotel.
Overall the holiday was a hit with me, my children and my mum... when you pay for a 3* holiday you cant expect a 5* hotel!
I would recommend the Arda to those realists among us who expect to get what they pay for!!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of July 2009

Worst hotel ever

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"I want to share my experience with hotel Arda, so hopefully you wont have to live through what we did. When we first arrived and saw our room we knew it was gonna be a looong week! First of all, the matress of the beds were about 1 inch thick; we might as well have slept on the floor. Second, the toilet wasn't working, and when we confronted the staff they were rude and unhelpful. When they finally tried to fix the toilet, it still didn't work, and they didn't even offer us a new room. We had to use the toilet in the lobby the whole trip!
The bed linned and towels were old and dirty with weird spots on them and the room was very bad in general. There were many drunken people running around on the hotel at night, everybody but the staff was bothered with this. The pool was always ice cold because it was in the shade for the most part, and you had to fight to get a sunbed.

All in all, we wouldn't recommend it!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of April 2009

Dont Stay Here

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Hello,

I just wanted to share with the public my experience of this hotel... a hotel which I sadly had to endure for 2 weeks!!!

Upon arriving I was happy, if not tired, I was stupid o clock in the morning and I just wanted to go to sleep... My friend and I checked in and went up to our room. When we got in we were a little shocked... It was tiny. The room was literally about 10 by 7ft... that included the built in wardrobes... balcony and the toilet/shower area.

The beds where tiny...the toilet didnt flush, It took us 3/4 days of complaining until the receptionist came up and fiddled with the toilet before it worked. The shower (which was in a square of about 5ftx5ft in the same room as the toilet didnt drain fully, so the toilet/ shower floor was always wet.

The loud music from the bars below used to begin at about 12 in the afternoon and carry on until 4/5 in the morning, and ALWAYS the same songs :(

The food wasn't amazing we tended to stick to toast and fruit.

We came in one night/morning and my friend slipped on the wet floor and really hurt herself, no apology from the staff whatsoever.

The best part about the holiday was the locals (not the scary thieving kind) The people we met made an effort to speak english as we didnt know their language. Showed us the places to go and the places to avoid.

The wierdest thing was seeing a bear beign walked past my hotel though... It became apparent it was the pet of a cleaner from the hotel next door. Her husband used to bring to meet her from work every day... It was quite sad really. Poor thing!"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of December 2007

Bored of Bulgaria!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We have just arrived back from 2 weeks in Sunny Beach last night and all i can say is it's great to be home! Don't get me wrong the holiday was somewhat enjoyable but we definitely won't be returning! We arrived at hotel Arda at 2am only to be greeted by hotel staff who didn't appear to have us booked in anywhere! The room they put us in was similar to the sort of place you get to stay in on PGL holidays as a kid and seeming this was mine and my boyfriends first holiday away together having rock hard wooden beds end to end and having to listen to trance music from a local bar all night wasn't what you call romantic! After one night we upgraded to 3 * and for 80 quid extra it was much better but still we had the banging music til 4.30am (take Ear Plugs!). Sunny Beach itself was ok but quite frankly we were bored! After you'd been on the beach, sat by the freezing pool and gone round the hundreds of market stalls all selling the same stuff there wasn't a lot else left to do! There are a handful of trips to go on which are quite cheap but a bit naff! I'd say go on the jeep safari and the yacht cruise but other than that it's pretty much good for getting drunk and sitting on the beach all day which wasn't really enough to keep us entertained for two weeks! Oh and take plenty of Immodium my poor boyfriend is still suffering from a stomach infection!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of September 2006

My first and last time to bulgaria

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"it was my frst time to bulgaria and i hated evry fing abt the holiday,the weather was terrible it was jus lyk being back in england so dont take shorts and t shits take wolly jumpers and wellies and wot eva you do dnt foget to take a coat as i did thinking it was gojn to be boiling But the worst thing abt the holiday was the accomidation,it was claen dont get me wrong and was wasnt expecting a luxuary hotel because it was only 2 stars but come on the staff were misserable, they charge you if you damage the sheets so if you have small children and they have accidents then ur dun 4 my litle boy had an accident and they wudnt let us go untill we had paid 15 euro for a new one which disgusted me, the pool was always freezin even on the odd occasions wen it was hot, the staff was miserable and there was nothing to do it was a nightmare not a holiay good luk ny one hus goin coz ull def need it o yh watch out 4 da beetles we found 5 in are room on 1 night!!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005

Hotels near Arda Hotel

Top traveller tips for Arda Hotel

• Pamela B by Pamela B

"the hotel is close to every thing you need "

Arda Hotel is also called