About Hotel Spa Princesa Parc

• hot tub
  • heated pool
  • tv channel one russia

Good

Nice hotel but shame about the food

Reviewed Wed 18th of February 2015

"Location to the gondolas good. Service average, room clean. The food was quite odd on times the breakfast in the morning, all hot food stuffs cooked in garlic even the bacon. Evening meal was better with a good amount of variety. An ok place to stay for a week. "

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2015

My 10/10 rating is just for the hotel. W...

Reviewed Mon 21st of January 2008

"My 10/10 rating is just for the hotel. Without the hotel it would have been a disastrous week. Topped off by my friend and I being attacked and having my nose broken.

But if you are travelling to Arinsal then Princessa Parc is a must! Not only would I say it is undoubtedly the best hotel in the resort, there is a very simple trick to make it even better! UPGRADE!

A friend and I spotted a ridiculously cheap deal with directski.com and thought we'd give it a try. It is the first package holiday we've been on but decided to see how it was. When we were arrived on a Sunday we were pleasantly surprised by the 4 star Princessa Parc hotel.

When arriving at our twin room we found it to be small, basic, but liveable. Immediately we noticed there was no storage for clothes, not one drawer. All we had between us was a wardrobe with 10 hangers. We made do in neat piles but it didn't take long for the room to turn into a complete nightmare.

After a heavy night of drinking on Monday (beware the alcohol really hits at that altitude and the spirits are given in outrageously big measures) by Tuesday morning the prospect of skiing was out of the question, and the thought of spending a day in that room didn't appeal either.

So off I went to look for an upgrade. The large 4 star Princessa Parc hotel has a new 5 star hotel called Diana Parc within it. We upgraded to a junior suite in Diana Parc for just 29Euro's per person per night. Given we had 5 nights left this was an extra 290Euros onto our holiday, but my god was it worth it!

The best room in a 5 star hotel, and it was brilliant, full sized Jacuzzi, lounge area with 3 seater settee and chair etc. Queen sized bed, it was superb! A completely different holiday entirely, what a difference, I fully recommend anyone to stay in both the Princessa and the Diana as the facilities are great, the hotel is beautiful and I can’t stress enough how much I recommend you budget for the extra for the chance of an upgrade.

(Beware: upgrade to standard diana room for 15euros per person per night is nothing in comparison)

FOOD - Mmm.... OK. Don't get me wrong, it's not appealing. The actual food they made were nice dishes, but not done too well. The range was good but they tried to be too fancy for a buffet. It is like a dinner hall and for the first two nights we merely ate as fast as we could and left. But with Diana you are seated separately with bread and butter provided etc, and once we made the effort to order a bottle of wine and do a full 3 course meal we found it to be quite pleasant there.

Skiing - basic pistes, bored by the end.

Bars, pubs etc - pleasant enough. Avoid 70's night in El Cau.

Arinsal - a bit of a let down.

Directski.com - great price, good service, reps are fantastic. Helpful and friendly, approachable and professional.

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2008

Me and my best friend went for a skiing...

Reviewed Fri 9th of February 2007

"Me and my best friend went for a skiing holiday in January of this year! The hotel was gorgeous and the staff were so friendly, and the cleaners so efficient!

The rooms were a bit small, but it was ok considering you are hardly ever in the room anyway! Princessa Park is located in just the right spot, with its own private walk way to the gondola.

The reason I have given the hotel a nine is because of the food. It was dire to be honest; we paid to go half board and only ate there once. Its buffet style, with hot and cold selections, but the hot food isn’t warm and the cold food looked rank. That was the only flaw.

The wellness centre was amazing. It was expensive but I didn’t mind paying it. There’s a sun bed which you can go on for I think it was 5 euros for up to twenty minutes. We tried but I had to get off before it had finished.

The massage, 50 euros for 50 minutes, was the best I had ever had and well worth the money.

I didn’t really visit the bars and stuff in the hotel because we made friends with our transfer rep who took us to the El Cau bar (where 70's night etc is) and we just went there everyday.

I don’t know what there is to do for older people, or people that don’t drink, or enjoy beach parties and stuff, but for us (19 years old) the nightlife was good because it was lively but yet quiet enough for you to know everyone.

Prices are good!

For eating out I would recommend surf, but one tip would be to ask for it medium to well done which comes out medium, n when you ask for medium it came out very very rare.

For traditional pub grub go to el cau. I recommend the bangers and mash.
I noticed in a review already on here they say to avoid 70's night. Its good fun, and a great laugh, if you have made friends out there, a few people were just in there touring groups and didn’t look like they were enjoying it as much as others.

Everywhere else dies though on the Friday night, as everyone is in El Cau. The cabaret is cheap and cheerful, it’s cheesy, but some acts are actually quite good for example the blues brothers.

Alcohol - if you drink spirits then don’t ask for a double, they poor you a triple as it is anyway.

Anyway overall for me and my friend the holiday was really good, but for people looking for a cheap relaxing holiday I wouldn’t recommend Princessa Park as the relaxation things are expensive.

For people our age and people who like to drink and join in games and stuff book now!!

Wish I was still there, considering going back by myself for the rest of the season to see my mates etc. everybody’s really friendly! I might see you there!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of February 2007

This was a skiing holiday for me and my...

Reviewed Wed 26th of April 2006

"This was a skiing holiday for me and my partner. The ski area was great, you can go to the top of the mountain and get another gondola to another resort where you can ski different mountains.

The hotel was not too impressive for a four star, the room was nice, mini bar was expensive. In this hotel are two bars, its amazing how one bar is quite reasonably priced, although the bar in the basement is so overpriced. There are facilities available like the spa, but this is also quite overpriced.

The food in the restaurant is ok, this hotel has a canteen for the prepaid customers (staying in the hotel) and a separate restaurant for the "self-caterers" who come for a meal. Notice in the brochure though, you are shown a picture of the restaurant, as your eating area, which is not true, the restaurant is a bit "plusher" than the canteen. The food varied each day, apart from the starters, that was the same everyday, no variety there. The food is buffet style, help yourself, with a few dishes to choose from, but I was surprised that nothing was labeled, so you had to guess what the food was, then dish it onto your plate, and it can be hard to tell with all the different meats and stuff.

For some strange reason the stair-well in the hotel always seemed to smell like bins - don’t know why!

Our rep was a complete drip, and couldn’t do anything to help us, apart from invite us to pubs to get drunk. When we was collecting our ski passes from him, this seemed to take forever and a day, and he only had to tick us off a list and give them to us.

There are a few things to do at night, depending on what you like, there is a variety, also depending on the hotel entertainment, this hotel was mainly chill out, but there are quite a few bars and restaurants down the road, these get very busy though.

For location I give this hotel 9 and half out of 10, for facilities I give it 7/10 simply because most things are overpriced, but plenty to do if you don’t mind paying it. For cleanliness I give this hotel 9 and half out of 10, the cleaners were cleaning the radiators in the lounge with a tooth brush - very good, although mostly for show, because they don’t do that in your room, but the room is of a high standard other than that.

Would definitely go back to resort again, but would like to try another hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of April 2006

Nice Hotel, Food rubbish.

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Not a bad hotel, stayed in better 4*. Our room was small but clean and above the enterance, so in the early hours of the morning we could hear lots of noise and swearing.

The hotel has tree bars, all very expensive for drinks, £4 a pint of Guinnes and yes the hotel is far too hot. The restaurant is very hit and miss. One morning for breakfast they put out the previous nights sprouts and then made them into soup for our evening meal. Also look out for the guy on the hot grill, real attitude problem.

So all in all I was a little disapointed but looking at the other hotels in the resort this was the best by far."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of February 2006

great hotel

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Took party of 35 skiers ranging from complete beginners to advanced to Arinsal jan 06. Aged 13yrs to 50yrs. Stayed at Princess Parc. Hotel Staff excellant, nothing too much trouble for them. Rooms, some bigger than others. Ours small but very clean and had everything needed except maybe hot drink facilities, but then we knew that and took travel kettles so prob solved. Food excellent, spoilt for choice and hot!!! Everything about hotel excellant. Only 2 complaints, Hotel far too warm everywhere, make sure you take some t-shirts and not just jumpers and drinks in hotel a tad more expensive then really needed to be..
But great bars around hotel with excellant apres ski. Skiing in Arinsal/Pal suited all and we all had a great week."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of February 2006

Never again

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Definitely not a 4-Star hotel. We stayed at the Princesa parc for a week in January. Our room was tiny and extremely noisy, we had no where to hang or store our clothes. The food was cold and unvaried (we ate baby corn every day.) The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. Spa looked nice, but we had to pay extra (15 euros!) to use the facilities. Overall, very disappointed from our stay. Quality is defintely not reflected in the price. We would not stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of February 2006

Great Holiday here

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Princesa Parc hotel in January of this year. The hotel is in a good position, near to the main gondola and a few bars and shops.

The hotel itself was really nice. There were 3 bar areas to relax in at night, one of the bars had live music on every night and the band were great!

Our room was basic and was to the side of the building so we did not have the balcony (as shown in the brochure pic of the hotel), so I would request a balcony if I was to go again. Our room was cleaned every day. The beds were really comfortable although the walls were quite thin and you could hear the people in the other room sneeze!

Breakfast was fine (sometimes could be hotter) and dinner was as expected from a busy hotel. Some nights miles better than others but always a good selection of fish, meat, veg/ salad etc. (check the menu before you go) There was also a grill area that cooked steak and sausage on request. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is that the hotel rooms and restaurants are very hot so take short sleeved tops as well as jumpers (I only took long sleeved tops and was so hot that I had to go out and buy T-shirts to wear in the hotel!).

The drinks in our hotel were on par with UK drink prices. Around £2.90 for a pint, so not as cheap as what we expected although in the resort itself there were a number of cheap bars.

The Wellness centre costs 15 euros per person for 2 hours, which is a bit of a disappointment as we booked the hotel so we could chill out for a couple of hours after the slopes, though it was too expensive to do every night (a bit of a con there). But I would definitely recommend a massage!! 30 euros for half an hour but it was the best I have ever had!

Avoid - 70's night, 15 euros to get in, depressing damp building, terrible cabaret act.

Eating Out - we ate out a couple of times in the evening and would recommend El Moli (small Italian does great pizza and even better cocktails opposite the Gondola!) and Cisscos (a tex mex restaurant which was amazing, fresh ingredients, best fajhitas I have tasted!). The surf bar was also good and we had lunch there a couple of times - great if you like steaks/ burgers etc. and again, situated at the bottom of the gondola.

So all in all a great holiday and I think we landed very lucky with the hotel, I would recommend it! Enjoy - I wish I was still there!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of January 2006

We stayed at the Princesa Parc hotel in...

Reviewed Mon 30th of January 2006

Our room was basic and was to the side of the building so we did not have the balcony (as shown in the brochure pic of the hotel), so I would request a balcony if I was to go again. Our room was cleaned every day. The beds were really comfortable.

Breakfast was fine and dinner was as expected from a busy hotel. Some nights miles better than others but always a good selection of fish, meat, veg/ salad etc. There was also a grill area that cooked steak and sausage on request. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is that the hotel rooms and restaurants are very hot so take short sleeved tops as well as jumpers (I only took long sleeved tops and was so hot that I had to go out and buy T-shirts to wear in the hotel!).

Eating Out - we ate out a couple of times in the evening and would recommend El Moli (small Italian does great pizza and even better cocktails opposite the Gondola!) and Cisscos (a tex mex restaurant which was amazing, fresh ingredients, best fajitas I have tasted!). The surf bar was also good and we had lunch there a couple of times - great if you like steaks/ burgers etc. and again, situated at the bottom of the gondola.

• Travel date: Mon 30th of January 2006

not a 4 star

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Princessa parc in Jan and would not go back. For a 4 star hotel they are lacking in a lot of areas. The room had no drawers to place clothes etc. The fridge was not switched on & they wanted 3 euros a day for the use of the room safe.
Both my wife & I were ill for two days while there, which did not surpise me as I saw a chef leave the toilet without washing his hands (nice!).
Every night you had to queue for at least 10-15mins for dinner. Once in, the choice of food was nowhere near 4 stars. And after being ill, you struggled to find anything normal to eat.
The only good side was it was very near to othe gondala to get to the slopes."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of January 2006

Great hotel, great skiing, great weather

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Princesa Parc for the Christmas week. The hotel was warm, clean and welcoming. Lovely bathrooms with 2 sinks, bath and separate shower. No kettle though, so take your own. It has a minibar fridge to keep your milk in, which you can buy from the local supermarket. An amusing comment on the fire safety instructions, made us laugh - "If the shore is abundant, walk ducked and do not use the lift"!!
The buffet restaurant was always beautifully presented, but the eggs at breakfast were cold. There was always something nice to choose from, but by the end of the week the buffet became a little tiresome, so we ate out in the good restaurants nearby a few times. The fondue restaurant, just up the road from the hotel was excellent - the chocolate fondue is highly recommended! The hotel was conveniently situated very near to the main gondola to take you to the slopes. Reception will call you a taxi, which will arrive in seconds if you want to go anywhere. All in all, a very good hotel with good facilities and ideally situated."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

failed in the details

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on here and that fact that it came top in the hotels in arinsal which I probably would agree with based on looking at other hotels in arinsal.

However how this hotel can say it is a four star let alone a five star for the diana parc which we upgraded to is beyond me.the walls are paper thin and most of the time ours just stank of cigarette smoke even though we dont smoke!You could hear everything in our room from outside including people swearing and kids running around and screaming at very early hours of the morning.The hotel didnt even have an iron ! One day there was water on one of the walkways in the hotel which I had to speak to seperate people to get it wiped up before someone fell which my husband nearly did.

The food was awful! a continuous repeat of the same stuff and green beans at breakfast....interesting! When you ate in the restaurant you could not take drinks in or out of the restaurant and believe me I did try but was stopped by the moody waitress! as the drinks in the restaurant were cheaper than in the bar....strange again! and you had a eat at your booked time for the rest of the week or else explain to the moody waitress!

I would reccomend eating at surf or el moli both very good restaurants and excellent value with friendly service and ciscos bar is by far the best in town!

The spa is nice but I found it expensive considering we were staying at the hotel.

I wouldnt stay here again have stayed in better 3* hotels ! Disappointing"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of January 2006

Hotels near Hotel Spa Princesa Parc

Top traveller tips for Hotel Spa Princesa Parc

• Amanda Thompson by Amanda Thompson

"Take some English tea bags and some very strong toothpaste for after the garlic breakfast "

Hotel Spa Princesa Parc is also called