Exterior

Good

Outdoor wedding party kept us up.

Reviewed 29th June 2016

"The staff is rude, the restaurant is really slow, and it takes a long time to get your drinks from the bar. They booked an outdoor wedding right next to our room and we were told that it would end at 10:00pm. Never happen. It was so loud, we couldn't even hear the TV in our room. Called the front desk and they weren't any help. Also, the beds are really out dated and uncomfortable. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Horrible experience. "

• Travel date: 19th June 2016

Great TIme at the Diria

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"My wife and went to Costa Rica for a graduation present for me. We decided on the Diria and was not disappointed. Our room (103) was perfect. It had was an ocean view, right by the breakfast buffet, the bar and the entrance to the beach. The service was professional and polite. There was a minor problem with our maid (some colones went missing) but besides that, the hotel was great. Make sure you do the Buena Vista Canopy Tour,ask for Rodrigo, great tour guide with."

• Travel date: 24th January 2006

No towels, no bar, no service

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"My in-laws took the entire family (6 of us) on a vacation to Costa Rica as they had lived there in the 80s and used to vacation frequently at the Diria and had been back just last year again. Tourism in CR has just gotten too big for it's britches. While my stay was generally pleasant, when something went wrong, it went very wrong. On New Year's eve the hotel was holding an event for $120 per person. For that entire day, the swim up bar at the big pool was closed, and they ran out of beach towels. For the next 3 days, beach towels were never readily available and so we had to use the same towel for 3 days or go without. The swim up bar was also closed for New Year's day, and the day following. To make matters worse, they told our family at 3pm that all guests staying in the hotel on NYE were required to attend the party, at $120 per person, even though they were closing the rest of the hotel (restaurant/bars, etc). After a long argument, we ended up going to the party at a 'slight' discount. Then... when we upgraded rooms because ours faced the noisy, dirty street, we left our bathing suits in the bathroom of our old room. I realized it 12 hours later and it took another 8 hours to get them back after we asked 10 times. They were never turned in to the front the desk and they tell me they have no 'lost and found'. Another person mentioned that the cost of the pina colada went from $4 last year to $9 this year and she is absolutely correct. The price and quality of the drinks and food was not what one would expect from a resort of this nature. After all the years of vacationing at the Diria, this family will not be going back."

• Travel date: 11th January 2006

Great Place

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"My husband and I vacationed in Costa Rica in Nov 2005. We enjoyed the views from our sunset ocean view room at the Tamarindo Diria. It had a central location, walking distance to everything in town. The lawn was a great place to sit out in the sun, get a chair early because they go fast ! We had good service at the outdoor bar, never went to the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was fair, included with the room. No complaints with the front desk or housekeeping. I would recommend this hotel to couples or families."

• Travel date: 10th January 2006

We loved our stay at the Diria!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"I have just read the recent reviews for the Diria, which generally seem positive and wanted to echo those thoughts. We stayed at the Diria for one week last January (2005), after having booked a room directly with the hotel by fax and email. On the advice of friends, we had requested a room in the building across the street which ended up being exactly what we wanted. If you prefer peace and quiet and being away from the street (and aren't fussy about not having an ocean front room - after all you can walk 2 mins through the lobby for the view!) then I would recommend the building across the street. Rooms are very large, each with a small balcony, and are directly in front of the lovely free-form pool. The grounds are pretty well-maintained too. We found the staff to be quite helpful if you are patient and equally polite to them. The staff organizing the day tours were particularly great. The breakfast buffet was good, but suggest you arrive early for the best selection. The lounge chairs were a hot commodity and access to the beach is right off the hotel grounds. I agree with the suggestion to eat elsewhere, the food was fine but prices too high and there are many cheaper and excellent dining options in the town. The town itself is developing at a rapid pace, but as another reviewed noted, if you are looking for a quick beach holiday Tamarindo is a great place to be centered and you can always visit other local beaches by car. After combing the web for potential hotels, and considering others like Capitan Suizo and El Jardin del Eden, we were really pleased with the Diria and would recommend it to others."

• Travel date: 10th January 2006

Loved our vacation!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"What a wonderful vacation in Diria Hotel in Tamarindo! The ocean view room was great, the sunset from the balcony was breathtaking. The service was good. We suggest to eat dinner in town (much cheaper and there are a lot of very pleasant restaurants on the beach). My husband had a full hour massage for $40 and he enjoyed it a lot. We saw very few people on the beach, you can walk miles in both directions. The only problem was on-going construction in the Hotel. Hopefully it will be completed soon. Staff is friendly and very helpful. The pool is not big, but very comfortable. We will recommend this place to anybody. We had a great time there! New Yorkers."

• Travel date: 17th November 2005

Very Pleased....

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Just got back from 4 nights at the Diria. Found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant. The grounds were well maintained and the view was outstanding, right on the beach! The complimentary breakfast was very satisfying. I thought the prices at the hotel bar were very high, nearly $6 for a Corona! So drink in town instead. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again. Just make sure to ask the maid service to leave extra towels. They only give you 2 each day and no hand towels or wash cloths,...this was my only complaint. Feel free to contat me if you are planning a trip and have questions. Lee"

• Travel date: 9th September 2005

Great Beach Resort

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Diria. We loved the hotel. We did not experience any of the problems that others have posted. The hotel was lovely and the people were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good and there was plenty of food. We did notice that the prices for other meals at the restaurant were high so we choose to eat at the other restaurants in town. Normally you can expect to pay more for drinks and meals at resort so that did not suprise us. The hotel was centrally located. The power went out in the middle of the night (in all of Tamarindo) and it was completely black in our room. No back up generators of any kind. That was somewhat unnerving. All in all the hotel was very nice and I would completely recommend a visit!"

• Travel date: 30th August 2005

El Diria is a bad as the reviews claim

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We stayed at El Diria in August 2005 for 4 nights and found it to be the worst hotel we vistied in Costa Rica. The room had mosquitos, dripping water, and very old/dirty furnishings. The hotel staff are quite rude and definitely not interested in helping vacationers enjoy their time in Tamarindo. There were dirty dishes left in the hotel hallways for several days and trash and food left around the pool area. The beach in front of the hotel is nice and being able to walk through the town was nice...especially since the hotel food is some of the worst I have experienced anywhere. I would really urge anyone thinking of staying at El Diria to look elsewhere. There are nice B&B's near the beach that are in much better condition and the walk to the beach is not that bad. Heed the warnings....El Diria not a place to vacation."

• Travel date: 16th August 2005

Great

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Me and my husband just returned from Tamarindo and stayed at the Diria. We were on the 3rd floor, very cold air and always hot and cold water. We are from Florida and apparently there were 3 other couples from Florida who stayed at this hotel at the same time we did (didn't know it at the time) but they all had problems with the water, air, and service. We had none of these problems. We ate breakfast at the Diria every morning but ate other meals in town. Our bill was correct when we checked out and we were able to get clean towels at the front desk any time of day. We thought the staff was great. It helps if you speak a little Spanish atleast. This is their country and you as a visitor should make an effort to converse with the workers in Spanish. I thought this really helped us with the staff. The only complaint from us would be that the bar closed before 10 pm each night. But we were there in the low season. We just went to other places at night. Overall, we thought the hotel was well worth it."

• Travel date: 4th August 2005

The greatest hotel in Tamarindo!

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"We just came back from Tamarindo in Costa Rica and found a jewel of a hotel located directly on the beach called the Diria (----). This was one of the most relaxing vacations, where as a family we could do everything from sleep in the beautiful gardens on the beach under the palms with a drink and food service to doing a canopy tour, take surf lessons or just swim in the water. This hotel is worth so much more for the money - we were just happy with everything from the included breakfast buffet to the pool to the service to the late night drinks at the bar. Guarded parking was included (very important in Costa Rica) in the price and we felt very safe. It is right in the heart of Tamarindo, so you can walk to any other bars or restaurants. This was a great vacation and we did not want to leave..."

• Travel date: 17th July 2005

Hotels near Tamarindo Diria

Tamarindo Diria is also called

• Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Resort
  • hotel tamarindo diria beach
  • tamarindo diria hotel