Hotel designed for couples looking for an easy going and exclusive atmosphere

About Jardin del Eden boutique hotel

• adult pool

Tamarindo Beach from Jardin del Eden Hotel

Reviewed 12th July 2010

"Tamarindo Costa Rica, which is a part of the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica, is one of the most beautiful coastal cities in the country. This place includes a number of popular beach destinations of the world, which draw in thousands and thousands of gay tourists from within the country, as well as, outside, every year. If you are longing to have the ultimate beach holiday experience, then there can be no better option for you other than Tamarindo Beach. While visiting this place, make sure you have sufficient time in hand and a cheap car rental in Tamarindo so that you can cover all the attractions and places of tourist interest, easily and conveniently, and enjoy your holiday to the fullest. Because of its convenient location, you can reach Tamarindo Beach easily, no matter from where you are travelling. If you are planning to travel from within Costa Rica, you can choose to travel via Shuttle Service, Domestic Flight, Public bus or rental car. If you are visiting from some other country, then you can fly to the Guanacaste airport. There are a number of direct and connecting flights to Guanacaste from a number of countries as USA & Canada. You can choose the most convenient flight for yourself. Soon after landing in the city, you can rent a car from Guanacaste airport and start exploring the region. If we have to talk about the attractions or the places to see in Tamarindo Beach, then the list is simply endless. However, the various beaches of the Tamarindo region are its major attractions. The coastline of this region runs for several kilometers and includes more than 20 beaches. These beaches are ideal for swimming, surfing and enjoying several other activities. Some of these beaches are extremely popular with the surfers and offer a number of surfing breaks with different difficulty levels. In Tamarindo, you can cover all the popular beaches in the region without wasting any time in travelling. Some of the most popular attractions in the Guanacaste region for you to visit include Tamarindo Beach, Playa Hermosa, Langosta Beach, Flamingo Beach, Witch Rock Surfers Paradise and Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. For adventure and unique experience, you can visit the different National Parks such as the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, Lomas de Barbudal, Palo Verde, Santa Rosa National Park, WhiteWater Rafting, Canyoning Tours, Baula´s Wildlife Sanctuary. Jardin del Eden Hotel offers a very nice location in Tamarindo Beach combined with a stylish rooms will make your stay a pleasant and comfortable experience as the one I had. "

• Travel date: 9th July 2010

A little piece of heaven

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We stayed at the Jardin Del Eden in late Sept 2005 and had a great time. We transferred here after being a terrible hotel in Tamarindo, and our vacation immediately improved. The hotel does have construction going on , but it wasn't very loud and they did offer us a discount because of it. The rooms were very elegant and clean with spacious balconies, mini bar and tv. The pool was wonderful and iguanas visit often. Our group ate at the restaurant and it was very good - we highly reccomend the smoothies! Its a little off the beaten path but there is a locked private walkway down the hill to downtown and that was great - it ends right at the El Diria. We had friends staying at the El Diria and they were envious of us at the Jardin Del Eden ! The staff was very friendly and helpful and offered us a discount on a return trip. I would definitely stay here again in Tamarindo."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2005

A lush resort in a laid-back beach town

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"My two nights in this hotel were the surprise treat in my two-week journey through Costa Rica. I was not originally planning to visit Tamarindo, but I found Monteverde, my previous destination, so dreary and desolate, that I checked out early and grabbed a bus up to the Guanacaste coast. I was rewarded with an excellent hotel that featured a large room and a huge sun-deck. The gardens were lush and the pool area was a taste of paradise. I normally prefer beach-front hotels, but the walk to the beach was only about 5 minutes from my room--and since I was out on the street, I got to see a bit more of the town and even got inspired to take a surfing lesson. While Playa Tamarindo isn't as spectacular as the beaches in, say, Manuel Antonio, it is a lovely beach, dotted with palm trees on the perimeter and featuring mountain views in the distance. The surf is wonderful--the waves are high, but they're gentle enough that you can easily go swimming. The sunsets are spectacular, views that transcend any postcard--vibrant shades of red and orange glistening as they deep beneath the watery horizon. The town itself is your basic beach-resort stretch of souveneir shops, restaurants and surf-schools. Since I spent a good part of my time in Costa Rica in fairly remote locations, I was grateful for an actual street to walk on at night. The place is not a hopping town like Cancun; it's essentially a laid-back tropical resort, a chill surf town. Tamarindo will not appeal to you if you want a build-up beach town, percolating with night life and attractions. And it won't make you happy if you want a remote, all-inclusive beach getaway. But, on its own surfer-dude terms, the place is a wonderful spot to rest and play after you've had enough of the jungle. One warning: the hotel IS undergoing reconstruction, as of July 2005. While I personally didn't find it noisy or intrusive, the reality is there are workers on various parts of the property, laying down new walkways or renovating rooms. I did get a 15% discount to compensate. But, frankly, the workers were never in my way. However, I was only there for two days and spent most of my time on the beach. If you're planning on spending a week and want to relax a good part of the time on the actual hotel grounds, you might want to wait until they finish their work. One extra bonus about the place: the staff was truly wonderful--the friendliest people I met in Costa Rica, which is quite a compliment."

• Travel date: 9th August 2005

Best of the Best

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"After two weeks of travelling in Costa Rica we found this fantastic hotel. The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are more than amazing, the food is excellent and the surroundings are more than breath-taking. If we only have had the opportunity to stay for another week, we would! Thanks for making our stay in Costa Rica an unforgettable memory. We are coming back!!"

• Travel date: 17th April 2005

Loved Jardin del Eden

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"My husband, step-daughter and I just returned from Costa Rica and loved most everything about Jardin del Eden. We preferred it to Tamarindo Diria, which was nice, but not as intimate. While we didn't have an ocean view, and there was some construction going on next door, our room more than made up for it. The bathroom/shower was huge, the room and patio were also extra-spacious. It was beautifully decorated and relaxed feeling. We were in room 18. The grounds were lush, and the pool was cool with very few people using it at any one time. The whole place was understated and not excessive. (unlike the fancier pool at the Diria, which was pretty, but a little cheesy: loud obnoxious dance tunes with drunken teens dancing in the water) We preferred the lunches and breakfast buffet over the one dinner we had. They give you a lot of food, so we found ourselves sharing several meals. Service was also pleasant and slow-paced in the restaurant. We were on vacation so it didn't matter that they weren't very fast. The music was also very tasteful. We would definately stay at Jardin del Eden again, if we go again."

• Travel date: 11th April 2005

Not for us........

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"We were apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the reviews but we had booked months previously and thought we'd see for ourselves. We have learned now that always check in Costa Rica whether they are renovating a hotel and whether you will get a new room or an old" still to be renovated" room, the difference can be huge! Half of our party had a newly appointed room ,we had an old apartment which was actually more expensive! Pretty sparse but ok ,no headboard which was wierd with these bumpy concrete walls behind the bed. Had a crab crawling up the wall next to my head in the middle of the night. After staying in another hotel right on the beach I would never opt for this again. Too busy , too noisy around the hotel and basically too run down. Service in restaurant terrible and not consistent from meal to meal. Staff however were friendly and the grounds and pool area pretty but not our cup of tea. Tamarindo on the whole was a bit scrappy would prefer to be in Playa Langosta next door ."

• Travel date: 6th April 2005

This is only a warning based on a quick tour of this hotel....

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"A word of caution that staying here would be like staying in the middle of a construction zone...I could not even believe they were open. Frankly the whole place looked deserted."

• Travel date: 29th March 2005

We left early...

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"My husband and I decided to vacation in Costa Roca at El Jardin based on their website. In person, the hotel was completely different. The hotel itself is run-down and the rooms are a far cry from clean. The water in the bathroom ran brown, the sheets were not clean, and the walls and tile work looked like they could crumble at any minute. We were planning on making the best of it until we saw the pool. The pool is surrounded with some sort of synthetic grass (astro-turf?) and the pool itself was filthy. The swim-up bar was full of packing boxes that were chained down. While the front desk staff and bartenders were friendly and helpful, the other guests were rude. After one night, my husband and I decided it was worth it to pay the penalty and find another hotel. We moved to the Capitan Suiza, and for a similar cost, we thought we had died and gone to heaven! Absolutely no comparison. The only positive thing we got from El Jardin was a good laugh and a funny story to tell when we got home."

• Travel date: 28th March 2005

Don't stay in an apartment!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We booked an apartment at El Jardin del Eden. We assumed it would be appointed in the same fashion as what is advertised on the website. We were wrong. The apartment has not been renovated like the rest of the rooms. The master room had a small double bed, no decor, a table with some shelves. The bathroom was tiny, no place to put toiletries (we were three people, my wife and I and our 21 year old daughter, and girls have LOTS of toiletries!). The main room had an uncomfortable piece of furniture that was meant to be a couch I suppose, but in was really just a wooden bench with a pad along the seat! There was a wooden closet for storing clothes and a single bed along the wall, and a TV in the corner. There was no place to relax inside unless you laid on the bed. There was no table beside the single bed and no reading light there either. There was a dingy kitchenette that we did not use except for the small refridgerator that was barely colder than room temperature. The sliding glass doors on BOTH rooms did not meet properly so the bottom of the doors were 3/4 of an inch separated when shut. All the noise from the construction was very annoying, and there was no relief since the doors did not shut. I am sure this was the source of the ant population as well. When we complained to the front desk, they moved us to another smaller room. and then moved us again the next day. The third night we had to stay in that apartment and finally were able to talk to Mariano who booked the reservation for us and neglected to tell us that the room was not renovated. He started to tell me that there are no rules about what is on the website and what the rooms really look like!! A TICO thing I guess. He backed down when I did not bite on that bit of propaganda. He moved us again to another room for the last two nights. The stay there was certainly tainted by not being able to get unpacked until we were about ready to leave. The pool is quite nice and the food is very good. They did do their best to accommodate us after we voiced our opinion. And I have learned from years of being South of the border that the sqeaky wheel will be greased if it squeaks enough. I would probaly try to book a room at the Diria if we were to go there again with our daughter, or Capitan Suizo if we went just as a couple. Dan"

• Travel date: 22nd March 2005

Disappointing end to an otherwise pleasant stay

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"Hotel El Jardin is a lovely little oasis in Tamarindo. We have just returned after spending 8 days (Feb 2-9). As other reviewers have indicated there is alot of construction going on both at the hotel and a new condo is being built beside it which disturbed an otherwise peaceful setting. We found the hotel staff for the most part, pleasant. On our last evening at the hotel, we were preparing to go out for dinner. Our luggage was pretty much all packed up which we had done earlier in the day. We had gone for a long walk on the beach in the morning and decided not to take our money with us so had left it in an envelope in a compartment of our luggage where we also kept our passports. When my husband went to get money for dinner from the envelope, it was gone ... approx $600 U.S. We immediately notified the front desk and the administration manager and operations manager spoke with us. They were able to run a print out of who had entered our room during the day as there is an automatic room access system. It indicated that only ourselves and the maid had been in the room that day. The maid had accessed it two times. The police were called but when they arrived told us (through an interpreter) that we had to go in person to Santa Cruze to report the theft that this was not their responsibility. It was dark, we didn't have a vehicle and couldn't get to Santa Cruze and were leaving the next morning at 11:30. We were told that the maid would be interviewed on her arrival in the morning. In the morning we were told that the maid had said she didn't take the money and that she was a lovely girl and would not do such a thing and basically too bad! A very nasty ending to an otherwise pleasant stay."

• Travel date: 13th February 2005

A Bit Rough Around the Edges Kind-of Tropical Oasis

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"My wife and I stayed in an apartment unit at Hotel El Jardin del Eden from Jan 2-7, 2005. The room was sufficiently large enough- queen-sized bed and 2 single beds, an adequate bathroom and kitchen area. I was expecting a full-sized kitchen set-up, but there was only a small/mini-refrigerator, warming plate/stovetop, sink and a small selection of utensils and cookware. It was fine for us, though, since we weren't planning to do much cooking in the unit. Curtains and bedspread were matching funky red and white tropical patterns- not exactly our taste in decor, but tolerable. An odder issue for us, though, was that there were no chairs or tables inside the unit. However, there was a table with chairs, a bench-type chair, and two sunning recliners out on the private veranda. I guess the idea is that if you want to sit down, you go outside on the veranda (or otherwise just sit on the bed inside). The view of the Pacific Ocean and the ambience with palm trees and other tropical vegetation surrounding our veranda, and the hotel grounds in general, was very nice. It gives the hotel a pleasant oasis feel to it, away from all the busy hub-bub along the main roads in Tamarindo. There is construction in progress on part of the hotel grounds and also a new condo complex is going up next door. I could see that noise would be a problem for guests that stay in rooms close to the construction activity, but we were fortunate to be far enough away to not be bothered by the construction. The peaceful atmosphere by the pool can be disrupted by construction noise during much of the day, but I went swimming late in the afternoon (around 4pm), and it appeared that the construction workers had left for the day by then. Food at the restaurant is quite good, but service tends to be slow. If you're not in a rush to be anywhere and move like the locals do on "Costa Rican time", then it shouldn't bother you too much. We found all of the front desk staff to be friendly but not always reliable. They booked a turtle tour for us, and notified us with a note slipped under our door that the tour departure time had been delayed by an hour. No problem- we were able to plan around that and everything went smoothly. However, another time we booked a tour to the Monkey Park. When the day and time arrived to go to the Park and the tour van never showed up, we inquired at the front desk. They claimed that we had never booked this tour with them! To their credit, one of the receptionists contacted a van driver after we expressed our disappointment, and a driver came to pick us up about 30 minutes later. It turned out that the Monkey Park was actually closed on the day we went there because one of the key employees was sick, but our driver talked to them a bit and they let us in for a private tour. Very nice, and something we probably wouldn't have been able to do if we went there on our own in a rental car. When the driver returned us to the hotel, he charged us $50. I thought it was a rip-off price, particularly when I thought the receptionist had told me it would be $15. (And also considering that the Monkey Park is only about 10 miles away, while San Jose is around 200+ miles and we paid $25 pp for a transfer service to go there later.) We received a 10% discount on our apartment by paying in cash, which amounted to pretty significant savings for a 6-night stay. On the whole, Hotel El Jardin del Eden is a nice tropical retreat, with a bit more of an exotic atmosphere than other hotels close to the main centers of activity in Tamarindo, but also with a few shortcomings."

• Travel date: 31st January 2005

Hotels near Jardin del Eden boutique hotel

Top traveller tips for Jardin del Eden boutique hotel

• by erickht

"A great beach spot in Costa Rica, love it!"

Jardin del Eden boutique hotel is also called

• Hotel El Jardin del Eden
  • el jardin del eden hotel