COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

164 Leeward Marina, Providenciales British West Indies Parrot Cay

Best honeymoon resort

"We stayed in Parrot Cay in June for our honeymoon.
What a great time....Everything good that you read in this reviews is ABSOLUTELY true. We are very selective travelers and you can't get much better than this! The food (in my opinion always excellent) the accommodations (the rooms are much more spacious then what we thought looking at the pictures in their website) and the staff (everything is done with a smile, they learn your preferences at breakfast and dinner, ask you about your day.....) are the best we ever experienced in a resort!
We had a package with breakfast and dinner included (which I HIGHLY recommend). You have to make reservations for either of the restaurants (we alternated between the Terrace and Lotus restaurants- choose the Lotus on saturday nights, as it is barbecue night and they have live music). Dinner for two was always around 200 dollars, so we were very glad we were not paying for it! We rarely needed anything to eat during the day, but they replenish your fruit bowl daily in the room and you can eat that if you are hungry (and they also serve afternoon tea and cookies in the library between 2 and 5 PM).
Everything is expensive on the island (including phone calls), so be prepared to avoid the extras, when you can!
We had a couple's massage (shambala one hour massage) that was GREAT (included in the package too)! The massage room was really nice and the staff in the spa is wonderful. By the way, they let you use the spa facilities, even if you don't have a treatment scheduled, so do take advantage of that (they have a great outdoor jacuzzi, with a wonderful view).
We went to several pilates and yoga classes, one of which at the beach with a wonderful yoga instructor (all the instructors we had in the classes were excellent). Partner yoga on the beach was the highlight of our activities in Parrot Cay.
We also enjoyed the water sports (they have kayaks, hobbie cats, diving equipment).
It is very difficult to get bored on the island.
Oh...and by the way....I do agree that the staff in the front office is not very nice and that you have to check your bill twice before leaving (they will put it in your room the night before you leave, so you still have time to contest charges- we had a lot of added charges that they ever so gracely removed from the bill).
Overall...it is a GREAT resort with great people working there. JUST GO...it's worth every cent!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2005

you must go!

"this was the most beautiful vacation ever.

the resort is gorgeous and catered to relaxation. the beach is like none other, basically your own island every day. very private! the pool area is stunning to sit at and to look at the ocean. and the restaurants are very cool. big sofas to sit in at the "pool" restaurant - if you could call it that bc it is so elegant.
the rooms are amazing, with the canopy bed and heavenly linens. and both bars are very "hip". the staff is beyond helpful. i would deff recommend this hotel - to couples only though, not for children. we will deffinitely go back!

simply put - if you are lookign for "heaven" this is it! it is amazing at parrot cay."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2005

Lots of Good-Little of Bad

"My wife and I went for a week in June and had a fabulous time. You must understand this; Parrott Cay is very secluded and very laid back. If you have to shop or be entertained, go somewhere else. If you want to unwind, enjoy each other, nature and RELAX, go here.

Just prior to our trip, the forecast was for horrible weather. Take all weather forecasts with a grain of salt. We had gorgeous weather with minimal rain. Take lots of sunscreen.

The Indonesian staff are superior at customer service. They are fantastic. They simply can't do enough for you. The bartender is very generous and you will never feel they skimped on anything. Add the fact that you can have a cuban cigar, and hey...life is good. The pool side resturaunt is superior. Try the curry fish dish...out of this world.

The Shambala Sp is incredible. You must do at least one visit;and if you do, you will go for more.

The only problem we had was the wet weather we had prior to our arrival and the mosquitos. They feated at dawn and dusk, so you never know. The resort does provide LOTS of deep woods off, so don't worry about bringing any.

Not a place you would want to take children from 7-16 years of age unless they do well in a very subdued environment."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Great time but...

Good

"We had the same experience. If you go you will have a relaxing time, but review every charge on your bill. The first room rate we were charged was not the rate we were quoted. We had to show a print of the quote we were given by our travel agent. There were also alot of charges for things that we never used. Restaurant charges and mini-bar."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of May 2005

heaven on earth

"My husband and I just returned from "Heaven on Earth" on Parrot Cay. We loved the privacy and simplistic beauty of this "micro" resort. The rooms are filled with crisp white linens and rich woods. The spa is amazing. ( Make reservations for treatments as soon as you arrive. They book up very quickly. ) The beach was never ending and dream-like. (second only to Cap Juluca in pristine beauty) The pool is perfect with plenty of extra large lounges, thirsty towels, and wonderful service. Every meal was perfect and beautifully served. We preferred the pool restaurant since it was less formal and outdoors. The staff couldn't have been better. They were warm, friendly and efficient.
OK, now that I have shared all the good stuff with you I will tell you why we will not return or recommend this resort to our friends. I still have not recovered from the fact that they had the nerve to charge $20 (yes, twenty dollars) for a drink($10 for a beer and wine was 2-3 times the high end New York price. ) My husband and I can not drink at home due to our professions, so when we go away we like to make up for lost time. Not at Parrot Cay. Now, if you charge that for a drink it better be great. Not at Parrot Cay. My first cosmopolitan was yellow, on the rocks,and minus the all important lime. They never did get it right. I stopped triing. I think this is why the two bars were empty and boring. We are from NYC and are used to high prices but this was an insult. Drink prices weren't excessive, they were aggressive. Check-out was also an insult. Allow plenty of time to review your bill. We had prepaid our bill but, they charged us again. There was tons of stuff we had never ordered that they tried to bill us for. It took 6 tries untill it was correct. It was not just us, everyone had the same problem.
If you are looking for the most romantic, secluded, exclusive resort you will be happy at Parrot Cay. At no other resort have we been able to enjoy such privacy on the beach. It was so great. Just be warned-if you work for a living like us, the hidden costs are almost hurtful."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of May 2005

Wow!!!

"Wow, Wow, Wow!!! What a fantastic place!!! From the moment you are whisked away on the boat off the main island and greeted warmly at reception to the champagne and fruit in your room on arrival you know that this place is really special. The food is fantastic and the breakfast out of this world. It has to be the best breakfast we have ever had at a hotel, delicious smoothies. lots of fresh fruit and freshly baked muffins and pastries as well as the usual bacon, eggs etc. There is also a healthy menu served at breakfast, lunch and dinner for the really health concious.
The pool area is lovely and well kept with views over the sea and beach. Most people tend to stay around the pool, which meant that when we went for walks along the beach you could be forgiven for thinking you were on your own island! The health spa is well worth a visit, so calming and relaxing. I had a wonderful Indian head massage and felt like i walked back to my room inches taller! As for service, it gets top marks; nothing is too much trouble and all the staff are friendly and polite.
The only mistake we made was to go to Grace Bay Club for 6 nights after here - what a dissappointment that place is. I would have stayed here had I known how terrible it was.
Parrot Cay is well worth a visit, we can't wait to go back!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005

Paradise Found

Good

"Spent four nights at Parrot Cay (pronounced "key") and neither of us wanted to leave. This is a perfect place for relaxing and renewing. Every detail has been thoroughly addressed. There is no waiting, there are no hassles, no crowds, no need for guests to solve problems.

This place definitely met our expectations. The staff was very friendly (especially loved Shirley) and accomodating. The rooms were very well maintained, comfortable and luxurious in a very caribbean, pared-down style. Particularly loved the lounging couch on the terrace of our room. The more casual restaurant down by the pool was excellent.

We stayed in a room (as opposed to the bungalows) and we did a "garden view" which turned out to have a view of the ocean. There is very little distinction b/w the two categories of rooms - at least in the building of rooms that we stayed in.

There were a lot of kids while we were there (probably spotted b/w 5 and 8 different little people running or crawling around) but they were younger (oldest appeared to be about 4 yrs) and they were all very well behaved.

I cannot wait to get back there. The trip is so easy from NYC - left for the 8am flight from JFK at 645am and we were by the pool by 1pm w/ a real minimum of effort."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of March 2005

The most relaxing place I have ever been!

"We just came back from 5 days in Provo and 4 days at Parrot Cay. From the service to the food to the yoga and pilates classes the staff really knows how to make your stay perfect. We still can't believe how peaceful and beautiful the island was. Any problems they fix them immediately and really bend over backwords to avoid any unhappy guests. The moment you step on the island the hotel manager greets you at the dock and away you go to the room of your dreams. The hotel was at full capacity and there was maybe 25 people on the beach everyday. The only problem we had was with a few of the restaurant staff the language barrier between the Bali/ Indonesian waiters/ waitresses is dificult at times. We stayed next to The Palms for the first 5 days. I have no idea why anyone would choose to stay there over Parrot Cay for similar money. You are right next to major construction to the left of the hotel and Beaches to the right of the hotle. Grace Bay Beach was beautiful, but you really can't compare the two Private Island vs. 30+ Hotel Beach.."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of March 2005

I Long for Parrot Cay - The Perfect Honeymoon

Good

"Ever since my husband and I spent our honeymoon at Parrot Cay, this edenic resort has been the bar by which we have measured every other place we have been since. We booked the 7-night "Sun and Seclusion" package, and everything from our arrival until our much-lamented departure was incredible and idyllic.

We stayed in a garden view room, not far from the main building. Even though we had neighbors beside us and above us, we never heard or saw them, except the occasional scrape of furniture on the floor or a running shower as we walked by. It felt extremely private, more so than any other place we've been. Our porch had a lovely view of the grounds and the water beyond, and we spent many hours lounging about on the daybed there when we wanted to get out of the sun. The room was large, immaculate, modern and romantic and the bed was pristine, white and comfortable. The bath products that are provided (shampoo, lotion, etc) smelled heavenly - I still keep a few little bottles around for a whiff of Parrot Cay when I'm feeling the winter blues.

The beach at Parrot Cay is unbelievable. Flour-soft white sand, aquamarine water and barely a soul to be found. We were frequently the only people on the seemingly endless stretch of sand (hard to believe - who prefers the pool to the sand and surf?). For those who can't lounge forever, there are Hobie cats and kayaks, and helpful staff to assist you in figuring out how to use them.

Our meals at Parrot Cay compared favorably to some of our favorite restaurants at home in New York. We alternated between the poolside, more casual restaurant and the one in the main house, and found both to be fabulous, with attentive service and varied cuisine. The menus changed mid-week so we had plenty of selection throughout our trip.

I can't say enough about the Shambala spa. We had massages that were included in our package, and I splurged for the Javanese Lulur Bath - a luxury beyond compare (though you'd best be comfortable being nude in front of another person!). As I floated in the deep water bath on the porch overlooking the sea, I sipped black ginger tea and watched a snowy egret waft by in the silence of the midday sun. I can't think of a time that I've been more relaxed in my entire life.

We did take a couple of excursions - the beach drop-off and the snorkeling/iguana isladn trips. The former was a riot - as soon as the boat left, we went au naturel and romped on our own deserted island and frolicked in the crsytalline water. We enjoyed our pre-packed lunch (the best caesar salad and brownies ever!) under our own personal umbrella. The snorkel trip was also great - we had our own guide and got to see some of T&C's famous reef - and the dolphins that live there! On both trips, the staff at the front desk and those on the boat were friendly and quick to assist us.

All in all, Parrot Cay is a diamond standard among resorts. I can't imagine what others would have to complain about. I hope to be able to afford to go many more times in this life. Until then, my husband and I (and our best friends, whom we met while there) will have to visit Parrot Cay in our dreams...."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2005

We had the most fabulous time...it was paradise on earth

"My husband and I went to Parrot Cay the first week of December. We did not know what to expect. A week before arrival, I called the hotel to check on whether there was a laundry facility where we can do your own laundry. The person on the phone was not very friendly so I was a bit worried, having read that the staff was not always nice. But once we arrived there, I understood what had gone on. There were 2 types of staff at Parrot Cay...the Indonesian staff and the locals. The Indonesian staff (most of the staff) could not have been more friendly...doing everything with a smile. The locals on the other hand seemed not happy to work there nor did they seem happy to have tourists invading their islands. The only time we had to deal with locals was at the front desk...besides that, the Indonesian staff accomodated pretty much the rest. We were so happy with their service that we decided to pay Indonesia a visit soon!
As for the hotel...it was spetacular. Absolutely beautiful facilities. The beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen...and the nice thing is that even if the hotel is full, not once do you feel crowded. You feel like you are the only one there. The food was out of this world...but thank God we were on a package deal because it was very expensive. A dinner for the both of us, without alcohol, was at least $200/night. So look out for the package deals where breakfast and dinner are included. Every day, the fruit basket in the rooms was replenished so we did not feel the need to have lunch. We had a good breakfast, fruits in the afternoon and dinner.
I do not recommend Parrot Cay for kids. There were almost no kids there, and kids would not appreciate the (expensive) food there.
Overall, we would definitely go back there one day."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of February 2005

Great 10 year Anniversary

"My husband and I just recently returned from a 4 night stay at Parrot Cay. From the moment you stepped out of the door from Customs arrivals, until we returned to the airport for our departure the staff of the resort were gracious, helpful and cheery. We especially loved DiDi who geeted us by name at what seemed like every meal. Can't say enough good things about the food - tons of choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Agree with other reviewer that the Aisian cuisine was special. When the tougest choice to make all day involves pool?? or beach??? you know its going to be a relaxing, enjoyable vacation. you may not enjoy it if you're looking for lots of nightlife - but even my Type A personality spouse enjoyed the time to do nothing but read, relax and even take endless walks on the pristine beach. Parrot Cay (mosquitos and all) was a very special place to celebrate our 10 year anniversary."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of December 2004

Quiet Seclusion

"The layout of the resort property is amazing. Very private. At full capacity, we barely saw anyone while walking through the resort. The garden suite was beautiful and private and the water and beach to die for. The water is truly the most beautiful colors and the ocean so shallow, you can really enjoy being in it. Infinity pool--lovely and warm, restaurants and food--exciting and full of taste, staff (I was really concerned about this from past reviews)--very gracious and efficient. Our snorkeling trip was great fun with large, colorful fish and coral to see. The only downside was the mosquitos. We sprayed constantly and still got bitten profusely but others at the resort used the spray and had no problem. Just depends if the mosquitos like you or not I guess. We look forward to returning someday--truly relaxing and luxurious trip."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of November 2004

Hotels near COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Stayed at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your insight.

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos is also called