About Enchanted Waters Tobago

• car hire
  • bridal suite

Initmate and Atmospheric

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"The hotel is situated on the Shirvan Rd, about 15 minutes walk from the beach at Buccoo and similar to Grange/Mount Irvine. There are also several upmarket restaurants within walking distance.

The rooms are large, clean and comfortable, each with a large balcony/veranda with a kitchen area to one side. All rooms face the pool - in the ground floor rooms the view of the pool is hidden by the the luxuriant water gardens. At night you never know whether it is raining (this is the wet season after all) because all you can hear is the waterfalls.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Roger and Simone are always ready for a chat or to offer advice, and the bar/restaurant staff were excellent.

The restaurant on site (Patinos) is also upmarket. The menu is not particularly Caribbean, nor is the food particularly cheap. The menu is also quite limited, although a new chef will arriving in the next few weeks so this may change. Whilst we were there the restaurant was very quiet most nights. We viewed this as intimate and atmospheric, but it may not be to everyone's taste. It's absolutely not a late night place.

We booked a 7 night package - Bed and Breakfast, 4 evening meals and a hire car for the week. This was tremendous value. (Hire car was a Nissan Sunny, clean and in good condition - met us at the airport)

Those are the facts - we had a great time and will almost certainly return."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

Beautiful and unforgetable

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Beautiful and unforgetable trip. My husband and I stayed for the 5 night package for our honeymoon. The staff was wonderful. The food in the restaurant was excellent. It was great to have an excellent meal for breakfast before starting our exploring of the island. The room was excellent, always clean when we returned from our outing. The owners were very helpful in letting us know about places to go and see. We highly recommend the Enchanted Waters for anyone visiting Tobago. I is in a great localation with an amazing staff. We have never been more pleased."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of October 2005

It was wonderful

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I stayed at enchanted waters room 8, during the 5th - 10th August. It was more than I expected. Clean room and excellent service. Their superb dinner was an added touch. I would encourage anyone to choose this place for their stay in Tobago. I do plan in going back there when I am in Tobago again. Oh, I must also say that the owners are very friendly and treat you like family. If you hve already chosen a place to stay in tobago, then you must visit their restaurant instead. It is Patino's on Shirvan Road. Excellent Chef and friendly waitresses."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of August 2005

The lights and waterfalls makes this resort truly enchanting.

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My husband and I spent a long weekend here for my highschool class reunion. My husband had not met many of my classmates and some of them I had not seen for over forty years! It was a once in a lifetime chance to get-together with old friends from around the world. The owners and staff went out of their way to make our experience truly memorable. The accomodations and meals were excellent and then we were lulled to sleep by the soothing sounds of the fountains and waterfalls. The lights and landscaping also added to the fairytale feeling."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2005

Perfect hosts !

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"From the moment of check-in we enjoyed staying with Patino's family. There is trust and warmth in the air and you can count on them whatever wish you have. The hotel is situated very conveniently. The room was clean, pool-area very comfortable. In the restaurant you can get excellent food ! I can definately recommend the stay at Patino's ! Thank you Roger, Simone and Mr&Mrs Patino !"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of February 2005

great family run property

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Just got back from 9 days at enchanted waters and would have to think hard to find a fault. grounds are well maintained. as are the pool and the buildings. food and service at Patinos restaurant are equal to anything on the island. Rooms are clean and comfortable, not luxury, but good value. location is great, but would not be so if one didn't have a vehicle. kitchen is well equipped and balcony is a great bonus for sitting out. The only fault one can find with this hotel is the traffic noise especially in early morning for those with a room like ours on the front side of the hotel, and the fact there are only 2 lounges at the pool."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of December 2004

Relaxation to the Max

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I stayed at Enchanted Waters from May 7th to May 10th 2004 and had a fantastic stay there. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with the a perfect adjoining patio kitchenette area. I felt as if I were at home."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of May 2004

Would love to return

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My husband and I spent our Honeymoon at Enchanted Waters in 2000. Since then we have travelled alot but still no other place compares for the wonderful homely atmosphere that we got at Enchanted Waters. The Patinos were friendly and helped to make our honeymoon everything that we dreamed about and more. From the Jacuzzi in the rooms, to the rose petals on the bed, a truly wonderful and romantic location. As they say, "Come as a stranger, leave as a friend and return as part of the family.""

• Travel date: Thu 15th of April 2004

Good standard, nice hosts

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at Enchanted Waters for 7 days in early March 2004. We chose the executive suite. It was big, nicely decorated and with a good standard. We chose the package which included breakfast, 7 day car rental and 4 out of 7 dinners. It was a great deal. The service and the food were vert good. I highly recomend this hotel. Despite being inland, it is well located close to various beaches. I highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of April 2004

The Patino Family at E£nchanted Waters

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Enchanted Waters is the Patino family hotel - suited to travellers who want to sample Tobagan people and hospitality. I liked it so much, I carried my room key back to London ! ( I am posting it back now ) It was a wrench to leave. Thanks, Marcia & Ken, Simone and Roger, and all the Girls at Shirvan Road (and Jason)"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of March 2004