View of Pool

• tennis court
  • babysitting

Blue Haven Hotel Tobago

Reviewed 19th August 2015

"My wife and I have just returned from the Blue Haven Hotel Aug 2015. The accommodation and views were amazing. All the hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The Shutters restaurant served delicious food and the waiter was again extremely friendly and helpful. The hustle and bustle of Scarborough is just a short walk away. The adjacent Bacolet Bay beach was picturesque. Both the hotel and pool were peaceful and totally relaxing and was just how we like it. All we could hear was the sound of the ocean and the birds singing. This was definitely a holiday to remember. Thank you. George & Sue."

• Travel date: 18th August 2015

Tobago was a dream destination. Largely...

Reviewed 6th January 2006

"Tobago was a dream destination. Largely unspoilt and very relaxed with natural beauty in its stunning scenery and wonderful beaches. Friendly people added to the experience and scuba diving in warm, clear waters topped it off. The Blue Haven hotel was a great base. Superb location, a great beach in a stunning bay. Hotel lacking in warmth - quite cold in its ambience. But still a recommended spot as a good place to be on the island from which to explore all corners of Tobago. Hiring a car is a must - but take care on the pot holed roads and be vigilant as beyond every blind corner there's likely to be a car parked in the middle of the road whilst its driver stopes to 'lime' or 'hang out' with a friend at the side of the road. Englishman's Bay is a lovely beach to visit; take lunch at Beula's right there on the beach, for top quality, delicious home cooking."

• Travel date: 6th January 2006

Superb !!!

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Cannot believe that the previous reviewer of this property stayed at the same hotel as me Position is fabulous, rooms could not have been any cleaner and I felt perfectly safe. Perhaps the previous guests should have stayed in New York !!! Come enjoy the Blue Haven...great rooms check out the glass showers !!! Simon (Travel Agent !!!!)"

• Travel date: 23rd November 2005

It was horrible

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My husband and i were having our vacation at Blue Haven Hotel which claimed to be a four star or five star but is not, on our arrival we were expecting more like what we saw on the internet, but i guess we were wrong. The hotel room is awful not clean properly, the room smelt old and in the room they had an environmental card on desk, talking about the environment saving and conserving it, but i think they need to practise what is preached. Also, you can never feel safe at night anyone can come into the hotel, there is no security at times, no one walking around the hotels as security checks and there was not enough light on premises and they should have security at full around hotel expecially for the amount of crimes being held in Tobago. Please i advise others if you plan on going to Blue Haven Hotel PLEASE THINK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 17th November 2005

This is a gem pure and simple. Photos attached as proof.

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"I note that one reviewer stated that the hotel looks like a barracks and the room was terrible. I can only assume that they went to the wrong hotel. I was at the Blue Haven in September as well and it is stunningly beautiful. The reception area is an architectural gem and the views from reception make it hard to stop staring. My room was top notch and the service, as always ( my second time here) was impeccable. The hotel was in a pristine condition during my visit and I am a very critical sort. Perhaps the newer parts of the hotel done with a floating gull-wing roof ( designed to cool the rooms in an environmentally friendly fashion) were not to the person's liking but I think they are gorgeous and match beautifully with the rose pink older part of the hotel. This beats any other hotel on the island hands down for ambience, style and sheer chic."

• Travel date: 9th November 2005

Paradise Found

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We just spent 2 weeks in Tobago and stayed at the beautiful Blue Haven. This property has breathtaking views, friendly staff, and a real feeling of welcome. The staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our visit. Within a day they were all calling us by our name. The Wednesday night barbeque buffet was one of the best meals we had on the island, and they have wonderful local talent for entertainment twice a week. All the rooms have a balcony/patio, and the ones facing West have amazing sunsets. The property is well managed, beautiful landscaped grounds, a refreshing small pool, and a lovely crescent of beach. The breakfast buffet is very nice, I would recommend going with a BP meal plan. It is located on a quiet part of the island, so it doesn't feel touristy. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our vacation and stay at the Blue Haven."

• Travel date: 29th September 2005

Blue hell

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Arriving after a long flight, my husband and i looked at each other and knew we had made a mistake, but thought we would give it a chance as it was about 6-30 in the evening. We had our dinner in a pokey room which was the bar, not the restaurant. The restaurant was closed for renovations. room was nice, but you dont live in your room. In the morning after having our breakfast in the pokey little room, and having a choice of cereal, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, and bacon, (every day) whislt we were there. We looked round the falling down, hotel, the terrace where you can sunbathe on it had a sign up saying USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, the steps leading down to it were crumbling away, the showers near the pool were dirty, the gymnasium was in a store room where sunbeds were stored, only 3 pieces of equippment and the machines were dirty and very very rusty and were not useable. The beach was a no go area as the local football teams play football on there and asked us to move, The so called beach bar was a hut, which had dirt and grease up the wall area where the cooking was done, this is where lunch was prepared, the childrens play area consisted of a slide made out of planks of wood, and one swing and was on boggy ground. When dining in the bar area for our evening meal we had a choice of 2 starters, 3 main courses, and 1 choice of dessert, the meals took over 1.5 hours to serve, with only 15 people sitting in the bar area. There was hardly no entertainment, and everything was shut at 10- 10-30. We were so very very dissappointed in this hotel, this was not luxury at all, i wanted to just come home. We were told that due to it being the low season the management etc had decided to shut the restaurant, in our opinion the whole of the hotel should be shut down for a while to get all renovations completed, the beach bar knocked down and re-built. They still had the nerve to chrage 1st class rates for a 3rd class standard of hotel. Unbelievable, we were moved after 5 days to Coco Reef which was a lot better. We stayed at B. H. from 28.7 till 2.8.05. We did take lots of pictures but our camera was stolen whislt staying there. I asked to fill out a form etc and the hotel said they do not have any forms for that sort of thing."

• Travel date: 16th August 2005

Not amazing but certainly not bad.

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Some really nice features such as the stunning lobby, a small sundeck right over the ocean where you can really pretend to be a filmstar and all the rooms (I think) having balconies looking out to the sea. The rooms were pleasant and really top class for Tobago however the 'shower over looking the sea' is just a gimmick really. Food was pretty good but could get boring if you stayed there for long, we were there for two nights only. Some staff were nice and some were surly. Prices are high for Tobago as are all the big tourist hotels. Beach was small and crammed with beds and not all that compared to some of the real gems this island has to offer. I would recommend it but I would also say get out of the southern areas, hire a car maybe, and head to the villages where the people are friendlier, the food is cheaper and the beaches are virtually empty and much more beautiful. You can rent a relly nice villa/cottage for a similar price. Also the east coast has much calmer seas so it's better for swimming."

• Travel date: 5th July 2005

Honeymooners Heaven

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Where to start? We have just returned from our Honeymoon at the Blue Haven and are already looking to book again! The hotel is situated on the Atlantic side of Tobago on a small promontory so there's a 180 degree view of the ocean. The sunsets are a fantastic mix of pink, red and orange. On our arrival the staff made us feel very welcome. Before we had a chance to register a barman appeared with 2 cool rum punch cocktails, which was need after the long flight down from the UK. To our delight our room was upgraded to a suite. The room was very nicely appointed. Four poster bed, which was very comfortable, a lounge area on a split level with sofa and armchair, cable TV and mini bar (which had not been stocked, but that was recitfied within a few minutes and filled with pre-chilled drinks). The room was fully air conditioned. The balcony which was through, wall to wall, ceiling to floor, sliding glass doors, looked directly over the ocean. The bathroom has a clear glass window in one side so that if you wish you can shower and watch the sunset!! A little odd perhaps but it adds character. Dont worry, nobody can look into your room. We had booked an all inclusive package as it is sometimes easy to get carried away when you are just signing for food and drink and then get a shocking bill when you book out. We ate all our meals in the hotel and were thoroughly impressed. As an aside, I am a chef by trade and have spent many years in food and beverage mangement and have dined in some of the most renowned hotels in the world, so I know quality when its presented. Every course of every meal, be it the set menu, a la carte or even the beach bar snack/lunch menu was delicious. The presentaion was perfect. Contrary to other reviews I found the set menu inventive using local as well as international dishes all cooked to perfection. I take my hat off to Marc, the Austrian Head Chef. As for the hotel facilties, well yes, they are a bit limited. However, speaking as honeymooners, all we wanted was a place to relax and shake off the stresses of city living. If you want to spend all day on a computer or in a gym/spa, then I suggest you find a businessmans hotel with no character. The pool was spotlessly clean as was the surrounding terrace and sun deck area. The beach is beautiful. Palm lined, lush grass and sand of course. Its small but perfectly formed. Staff would bring the loungers to your desired location and would ensure that you were topped up with cold drinks. The lunch menu is small and limited but again the quality was very high. The only thing that let the beach down was the changing/bathroom facilities which are a bit basic. I was told by the duty manager that the whole beach area would be renovated in the coming months. I must point out that June is the start of the rainy season, so the hotel was quiet, about 10% occupancy. The staff however were not complacent and were always very friendly and attentive. By the way it only rained on 2 of the 14 days during our stay. Be warned though it does get very humid. 87% seemed to be the average..........."

• Travel date: 5th July 2005

Blue Haven Fiasco

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel having booked the holiday via the Internet after reading up on the Tobago tourist sites. The hotel is described as "splendidly renovated while retaining its retro-charm".I don't think so! The present management/owners need to invest some capital in this project. the setting is good and the basic structure has possibilities. Currently the public areas, eg the Bar and Hall are poorly furnished, the E-mail provision is terrible ,no broadband and only one computer for guest use. The dining room is dull ,the food mediocre or just plain terrible.The a -la carte menu is not publicised, the service is whimsical an the breakfasts are boring, the fruit is poorly prepared, the crockery needs replacing. The hotel entertainment is uninspired and the terrace area is poorly managed.it was actually being repainted during several afternoons. The recreation room downstairs is poorly equipped, it is hot and the louvre doors need maintenance. The beach area is inadequately provided for with regard to sun loungers and mats.the beach cafe serves mediocre food, cooked by youngsters who are not trained to cook, I think. Individually local staff are pleasant, but lack training.Of course it is overpriced."

• Travel date: 11th March 2005

Disappointing

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"This is an idyllic location for a hotel, it's a beautiful building, and the beach is gorgeous. However, we encountered a few problems that marred our stay here. The staff were surly and unhelpful on the whole, and the food was not really up to scratch. We were staying on a room-only basis, and began to dread the nightly battle to convince the staff in the restaurant to let us have the a la carte menu instead of the all-inclusive menu, which was limited to say the least. In the end we usually skipped dinner and tried to eat out during the day. We were woken at between 4 and 5 every morning by a mysterious groaning sound from the water pipes. Our mini bar contained half-drunk bottles when we arrived, and wasn't restocked during our stay. It's also worth noting that the Atlantic waves make the beach unsuitable for non-swimmers. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, but it would have been cheaper to buy a new bed and stay at home."

• Travel date: 18th February 2005

best honeymoon possible

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"My husband and I just returned from 10 wonderful days at the Blue Haven Hotel. After reading one review describing the bathrooms as "disguisting" and the facility as more of a "barracks" we were concerned but our fears couldn't have been more misguided. The Blue Haven hotel is just stunning. The accommodation is fabulous, the views amazing, and the hotel staff incredibly helpful, tending to your every need if asked but remaining non-intrusive if you seek privacy. Shutters on the Bay serves delicious food if you don't want to leave the hotel but Scarborough is a short walk if you're feeling more adventurous. The beach on Bacolet Bay is wonderfully relaxing and the pool is just fantastic. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and there is a view of the ocean from every room. This was definitely the lap of luxury and we couldn't have been more happy with the hotel. We have been plotting a return in the near future."

• Travel date: 12th December 2004

Hotels near Blue Haven Hotel

Blue Haven Hotel is also called

• blue haven hotel tobago