Good

What a superb location. Minutes from the...

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2007

"What a superb location. Minutes from the beach and airport. Not much airport noise. All rooms are facing the sea. Bar staff were very friendly but reception staff not very happy looking.

Very quiet when we were there so we had the pool to ourselves and sometimes there was no-one on parts of the beach.

Food very cheap and drink likewise. Had a car for a few days and went round the island.

Not much to see and do although lots of waterfalls in rainforest and a lot of boat trips. We just went for a peaceful holiday and that’s what we got. Watch out for sand flies and of course the mozzies. I felt I had been there for a month not 2 weeks.

Remember everyone is so laid back it may take a while to get served, but that’s part of your holiday.

We would definitely return, as we had no complaints."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

10/10 for young(ish), adventurous types....

Reviewed Wed 29th of August 2007

"10/10 for young(ish), adventurous types. You'll like it I promise ;O)
Maybe 6/10 max if you consider yourself hard to please.

Don't be put off by the proximity of the airport... I'm sure most people who took the same gamble laughed once they saw the size. It is the most lively area of the island and has the stores, bank, bars etc. Most importantly you can purchase hot doubles there. People I spoke to staying further away had become tired of the peace and quiet!

CPBH is a friendly little place and a we felt at home straight away. The accomodation varies in layout, as mentioned - my advice would be to ask for an apartment away from the poolside, with a kitchen area. The apartments are all clean and secure, reasonably equipped (I too would have had something to say about not having a bottle opener!). The hotel food is well prepared and reasonable value.

There is nightlife in the area - try The Shades if you like your riddims. A weekend trip to Trinidad and Zen is best bet for more serious clubbing.

Finally, I would say this is a must; get yourself a 4x4 jeep (not a car! and preferably without rental stickers all over) and get lost. The island is not so big and directions are easy to come by... if you involve yourself in the place then people are falling over themselves to show you the secret bits. We luv TnT."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

The Crown Point beach hotel is situated...

Reviewed Tue 20th of June 2006

"The Crown Point beach hotel is situated approximately 3 minutes walk from the airport and consists of a low-level main block of rooms and a number of stand-alone rooms/apartments (cabanas).

Our room was in the main block. The room itself was clean and a good size with lots of drawer and cupboard space. There was a kitchenette which included a fridge-freezer and a microwave (but no bottle opener!). Our room was air-conditioned (though it seemed that rooms differed somewhat in their facilities) and we had a balcony with a table and chairs and a lovely sea view over the gardens and Store Bay.

The hotel has a small pool surrounded by canopied tables and chairs and a few sun beds. The restaurant is open-air and the food was good and reasonably priced. There is not much (any?) night life in the area but the hotel has a pleasant open-air bar with fantastic views over the bay and low-key evening musical entertainment.

There is a small grocery store right next door and Pigeon Point is about 10-15 minutes walk away. A taxi to Scarborough cost us 6 TT dollars (about 60p) or you can take the bus (which is air-conditioned) for 2 TT dollars (about 20p)."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Fantastic Holiday no compliants whatsoever clean & friendly

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"what a fantastic place I have two small childred and this was the ideal place. Lovely gardens for them to play and a safe enviroment. The humming birds are fasinating and to see all the lizards running around was amazing. We are going again in 2007 for 3 weeks."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of March 2004

Great place to stay

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I gave me wife the duty of selecting a place for our honeymoon and she could not have selected a better place. We were lucky enough to be given cabana 10 where Queen Elizabeth once slept. The grounds were very well maintained and the staff efficient and friendly. The view from the patio expecially at sunrise and sunset was magnificient. The beach, one of the best in the caribbean. Looking forward to returning for my first anniversary."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of February 2004

Great location. Pleasant grounds. Good restaurant. Good value.

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"We spent two nights at the CPBR in January this year after ten days of hopping around the island.

The resort offers excellent access to a terrific beach, pleasant grounds away from the relatively busy Crown Point area, a good restaurant and rooms and rates that provide excellent value when compared to a Coco Reef or Hilton resort.

The rooms and cabanas (we stayed in a cabana) are aging but are kept up quite well. Service was excellent - including security for folks that might think that important. Complimentary access to the internet (though there is only one computer by the registration desk) was helpful.

We would certainly stay at the CPBR again and recommend it to friends."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2004

Great Family Stay

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"After a bad start to a short getaway to Tobago, Crown Point Beach Hotel helped greatly at reviving our spirits. Although we had no booking, as we had to seek alternate accommodation, they were able to supply us with a room and make us feel most welcomed. Even the move to another room was done without hassle.The view from both rooms was simply beautiful. Even though we were just a stone s throw away from the airport the noise was not obtrusive. The only downside was the pool which needs a little maintenance but it was always clean.We spent 5 days being able to get up throw a swimsuit on a walk down to the beach.We will be happy to stay there on our next visit to Tobago."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of January 2004

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We spent two of the best weeks of our lives at the Crown Point hotel.
The place if stunning, overlooking one of the best beaches on the island. The staff are great, making sure you have a delightful stay and The Best of Thymes restaurant is a great place to eat, taken care of by Cynthia. We can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of December 2003

We love staying at Crown Point!

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Ever since the first time my wife and I stayed at Crown Point during one of our vacations, we only want to stay at this hotel when we visit Tobago. The view and the grounds are beautiful and relaxing, and the staff are friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of November 2003

My second home

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"I miss you soo much, guys!! If anyone ever is going to Caribbean - go for Tobago. When you reached, check in to Crown Point Beach Hotel!
There you will find the most sweet, kind, beatyfull and caring people on the staff. Beyond this you will get a envirement you justed dreamed on. The service will be perfect and you will have fun! Go for it."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2003

Beautiful and relaxing!!

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I loved this hotel! The rooms were spacious and clean and had everything you wanted (tv, kitchen, AC etc). There is a computer for free internet access. The pool was great but the beach was gorgeous!!
It is one of the best beaches on the island (also check out Pigeon Point!). Calm water, glass bottom boat tours and small shops. It was very quiet and only about a minute walk from the hotel!!

Try asking about local rates- they are a lot cheaper! Any more question- feel free to write."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2003

Relaxing Vacation

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My fiance and I visited this lovely island and stayed at the Crown Point Beach Hotel in November 02. The hotel is in the west end of Tobago and walking distance from the airport. We found the accommodations clean and well kept with daily maid service. The grounds were immaculate and very beautiful with a great view of the Caribbean Sea and the yatchs moored in the distance. The onsite Best of Thymes restaurant offered tasty international and local cuisine. The front desk was helpful in arranging island tours. I would recommend Harris Jungle Tours. At $65 per night this hotel is a great bargain and I can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of March 2003