About Candles in the Wind

• windsurfing amenities
  • shared kitchen

Great holidays!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"I came from Tobago 10 days ago and I had a wonderful time there. People are very friendly and Andrew (owner of Candles) is not an exception. He is prepared to help You any time of the day. If You need a taxi, boat, bicycle, island tour, etc. or just some advice or friendly word, he is allways there for You.
I hired a room for 14 days (35 $US per day - single room). Rooms are not luxury, but they are clean and offer everything you need (+ air-condition and cable TV). The house is standing in the middle of Crown Point (forget a see view from your window), but location is very convenient. You can reach most of restorants, shops, rent-a-cars, banks, airport and beach facilities by foot in no more than 15 minutes. Near the house is public entertainment place but You won't have any problem with the noise in your room.
If I have an opportunity to come back in this Carribean paradise, I'll certainly stay at Candles again! I highly recommend!

Uros (Slovenia)"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of December 2006

Wicked Stay

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I stayed at Candles for one week in the attic dormitory during the month of August and had a great time hanging out with the staff and other hotel guests. Andrew and his staff were extremely helpful with arranging trips, further accomodations, snorkeling equipment, as well as providing me with a CD collection of trinidadian songs before I left. They made the stay enjoyable and very relaxed.
The location itself is excellent: 1/2 mile to the free public beach at Stowe bay, and very close to Pigeon point for a more secluded beach front. Next door is the golden star club where Wed nights bring out the locals and tourists for a fun spectacle. Definetly recommend the place for travellers who want a fun atmosphere where they can meet other people and get a taste of tobagan culture."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

The Best Guesthouse on Tobago

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We were on Tobago for two weeks and stayed one week at Candles, which is an amazing place to stay. The owner is helpful and friendly and has lots of information for you to make your holiday as wonderful as possible. The beach is not far away and shops to buy some stuff are close, too! Thank you, Andrew so much!! We highly recommend your guesthouse to all of our frinds and hope we can come back to the most beautiful island of the Caribbean.

Julia and Ronny from Germany"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

great time

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"spent a few days at Candles with my family, and we enjoyed every moment of it. Only one negative point the house keeper/ receptionest was a little un friendly at first, maybe that was just her way, but it was a little off putting, but she became friendlier later on.
WONDERFULL PLACE AND PEOPLE."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of May 2006

Fond memories of the Candles

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I had a thoroughly wonderful time staying at the Candles and will definitely go back. Andrew picked me up from the airport after a 9 hour flight so it was nice to see a friendly face and he gave me a quick tour on the way back so that I could get my bearings. I was on my own but Andrew is a good networker and without being obtrusive he gladly introduced me to other people who were staying at the Candles and wanted to do similar things. For instance, Andrew took a Swedish girl and me snorkling for a day and this was fantastic experience. Neither of us had a car and Andrew knew a good location. The goat and the crab race coincided on the same day so we dropped by on the way back and got the chance to partake in a bit of Tobagan culture. This wasn’t an everyday occurrence but Andrew is a man who is in the know, and everybody knows him, so we felt safe being in his company and were very fortunate to see the races.

With regard to the accommodation, my room was simple, homely and immaculate and the sheets were changed every couple of days. Kitchen facilities are provided and a large dining area, which is great if you don’t want to dine out every evening and Candles does have the extra advantage of making you feel very much at home."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of March 2006

Awesome guesthouse!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Candles exceeded our expectations. It was a great location with a 1/2 mile walk to the beach and near Pigeon Point which allowed for evening activities. The open/shared facilities allows you to interact with visitors from other countries which really adds to your experience. Andrew, the host, was fantastic. He goes the extra mile to assure your convenience and is an exceelent tour guide! I'd highly recommend Candles to anyone. Thanks Andrew for making our stay memorable!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of February 2006

It's great value and has cosy family-athmosphere!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I´m incredibly happy that i chose Candles for my accomodation! It´s great value and has cosy family-athmosphere! Throughout my stay, Andrew made me feel at home and helped me with anything you could possibly think about and was never too tired to give information, a lift or great tips for the area. I met some very interesting and different people at Candles, all of which i had a great time with! Staying at Candles was perfectly relaxing and exciting at the same time - thank you Andrew!! And thanks also to Emlyn!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

Great Christmas vacation!!!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I spent 9 days at Candles over the Christmas Vacation. We had a lovely time. The accomodation was clean and comfortable with excellent facilities and spacious surroundings for dining and 'liming'. Mr Lee Kit was very friendly and helpful and took us to and from the airport with no hassle. He also kindly organised our nylon pool and buccoo reef tours and provided us with dvds for our entertainment. There can be some noise from the Golden star restaurant but one can get the best views of any entertainment from the balcony of Candles. Earplugs are also provided for one's use. Whenever next I am lucky to visit Tobago Candles will be a sure choice!! Thank you for a memorable vacation!!!!
Trinidoctor in England"