Coco Palm Resort

Rodney Bay St. Lucia

Relaxing Escape at the Coco Palm

Good

"We went to the Coco Palm for a well deserved baby free vacation and enjoyed the relaxed and friendly atmopsphere. The room was well decorated and comfortable the shower was spacious and had an overhead rain shower as well as a traditional one. Our room over looked the pool and the only downside is that when the band is playing late it is extremly loud until around midnight. It's fine unless you have to be up early for a scuba trip or other day trip. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful although when we tried to book a couple of the tours with the hotel staff we were sometimes told they were unavailable, you can walk down the back exit to the local tour booking center next to the bank. The highlight of our trip was an evening cruise we took on the Free Spirit charter boat to the rainforest hideaway in Marigot Bay. The boat is owned by Christian and he and his father were fantastic hosts for our evening trip. Food at the Rainforest Hideaway was amazing. We found the brochure for the free spirit in the hotel lobby, it is a splurge but a defintly worth it. The hotel restaurant had very good food, the bartending staff are also friendly and helpful if you want information on how to visit the local markets and use the local bus system. For more budget minded, check out the sister hotel the coco kreole, they share the pool and various other amenities."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006

Fulfilled expectations, solid value

Good

"We ended our honeymoon in St. Lucia at Coco Palm (we spent the first five nights at Ladera and Ti Kaye Village, both amazing). We got an excellent deal through Orbitz for one of the Poolview Suites, the hotel's best room. The room itself lived up to expectations, with effective air conditioning and a pair of lovely bathrooms, the main one with a clawfoot tub and a brass rain shower. There was cable TV and the room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is not on the beach but is a 5-7 minute walk away; however it is right in the middle of Rodney Bay Village, with its many restaurants. The hotel provides beach towels but disappointingly charges $20 per guest per day for a "beach token" which entitles you to the beach shuttle, beach chairs, and water sports--keep this in mind. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi internet access if you have a laptop, but it didn't work consistently for us, possibly because the suite was on the very top floor. Other than being a brand spanking new hotel, its other distinctive feature is the enormous and very appealing pool.

Overall we were totally satisfied with Coco Palm, particularly since we got an excellent rate on the internet. Our main caveat doesn't have to do with the hotel (though the $20 beach token thing is a little annoying), but more with the location--after spending the first part of our honeymoon in the gorgeous and secluded southern part of St. Lucia, the denser and more touristy north really lacked charm by comparison. If you can afford it and don't mind being more isolated, I would try to spend the bulk of your St. Lucia vacation at the various getaways in the Soufriere area."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006

WOW, what a beautiful place

"We went to St Lucia for our honeymoon, after much searching on the internet and reading nearly every review on this site, we settled on the coco palm hotel.
What an excellent choice we made.
The hotel is supperb, our room was perfect, the location is just right as it is in the centre of the village just a short walk from the beach and all the main eating and shopping places.
The staff cannot do enough to help you, and are all really friendly and allways smiling, they will call you by your first name and remember what drinks you have, so you dont need to keep reminding them, in fact it is like a large family that you are made to feel part of.
The Ti Bannane bar and restaurant located within the resort make the most excellent food and cocktails, to be honest you could have a great time without leaving the hotel grounds but then you would miss out on all the beautiful scenery and St lucian life style.
The pool is large and for the 10 days that we stayed was never crowded, in fact the most people that i counted at one time in the pool was 10.
There are plenty of sun loungers and there were allways lots to spare, but we did go in the quiet season.
Dont be put off by the rainy season, we went in June and yes we did get get the odd heavy shower, but this was a good way to cool down and Alian (one of the bar staff) said it was "Liquid Sunshine". which i thought was an excellent description.
The showers ( twice a day on average) lasted about 2-5 minutes and then the sun came out again and the sunbathing resumed, well we didnt even get off the lounger just sat in the rain to cool off.
Take some the tours that are on offer as it is a good way to see the island and the guides all seem to know there stuff, it is educational and fun especially the hellicopter transfer back to the airport, what a way to end our holiday..
Overall we had a fantastic time, met some wonderful people, had good food and drink, and we will definately be going back (soon i hope)"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Loved this place..

"This place was perfact. The room, pool, eatery and the people... Oh, the the staff could not have been any friendlier and heplfull. We booked two excursions through them, rain forest canopy tour and the sunset cruise with them. Also, they helped us rent a car to go for our trip down to our second place we stayed at, Coconut Bay Resort. Great site seeing on the way. All in all, my wife and I had a great time and this place is wonderfull."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

Great Value, Friendly Staff

"My husband and I stayed at Coco Kreole for two nights before we went to a resort in Marigot Bay. We loved our short stay at the Coco Kreole. I can't say Rodney Bay is the most relaxing place to be, but the Coco Kreole was a great value. We stayed in a pool side room, which I would recommend. The hotel is on a busy road, and it tends to be loud, especially on the week-ends. The room was clean, as was the lobby and the pool area. Definitely take advantage of the larger Coco Palms pool. The staff are quick to encourage you to use the nicer pool and the bar up there. In no way did we feel uncomfortable using the Palms resort's facilities, even though we were staying in the cheaper hotel. The continental breakfast is good. I found the food and the drinks at the bar to be very reasonable.

I didn't love the walk to the beach (no sidewalks and very little shade), and it's really hard to find shade on the beach that you don't have to pay for. There's also a significant amount of peddling, so be firm if you're not interested in buying something. There's a big grocery store in walking distance where you can stock up on drinks and snacks. If you plan on going to Castries, definitely take the bus! It's ten times cheaper than taking a taxi. Ask the staff where to catch it (we caught it right outside the shopping mall). It's approximately a dollar per person to get into Castries via bus.

All in all, I would encourage anyone to stay at the Coco Kreole. The staff are very nice. Some have complained that they're too nice and talkative, but I didn't feel that way at all. If you're looking for a place with lots of energy and action, go to Rodney Bay. But if you want a more remote place, try Marigot Bay or a more secluded resort (like Sandals or Windjammer). Coco Kreole is not beach side, so if that's what you want, go somewhere else. Having said that, Coco Kreole is a nice place to stay and well worth the money."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

Loved the Coco Kreole

"My friends and I just got back from the Coco Kreole. It was great. I missed my connecting flight so my friends got there a day before I did. I made the arrangements for the Coco Kreole and they said thanked me for the choice. Everyone was waiting for me the next day, my friends and the staff. The room was small, but they put another bed in the room which was great. We were on the front and did not have major noise problems. The Coco Kreole was so good, I am considering joining their vacation club which gives you reduced rates. We enjoyed breakfast every morning, but on Easter Sunday we went up to the TiBanne at the Coco Palm and had breakfast. But the things we enjoyed most about the Coco Kreole was the staff. They were all my favorites, but I felt some went over and beyond, Peppy, Owin, Junion, Alian, Shawn and Augusta. Thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay. When we return to St Lucia, this is the only place for us."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

One word, Noisy!

"I stayed at the Coco Creole in March of 2006. This is a small hotel (20 units) that the locals call “junior” because it is associated with the Coco Palm. I do not stay in extravagant hotels when I go on vacation but I expect the hotel to be clean and quiet in a safe secure neighborhood. In one word I would say that this motel is NOISY! The employees were most accommodating and friendly however when they did not see you, I think they thought you did not exist. The music was turned up and to their tastes late at night at the bar and at 6:00 am in the morning. At 6:30 one morning the maintenance person was yelling to a person standing outside our window. The window is glass with wood louvers on both sides. Mango’s Tropical Bar & Grill and Café’ Claude are the businesses that are on either side of the Coco Kreole. They both have loud music blasting from them especially on the weekends.
The units were clean, colorful and I greatly appreciated the refrigerators in the rooms. We could not see well in the bathroom because we had one 40 watt light bulb on the nine foot ceiling. I literally shaved in the dark. The toilet seats did not fit properly and when you went to wipe you felt like you were going to fall in; (it was like I gotcha every time, sorry if you don’t appreciate the dark humor). The large key tags were labeled with the room you were staying in. So if you lost the key, the finder could literally go right to your door.
The Coco Kreole has a very small pool, approximately 14’x 20’. You can utilize the Coco Palm’s Pool which is much larger just by walking up a few steps. The Coco Palm has nicer rooms and at this point is approximately 8 months old. The T’Banane restaurant is on site. This restaurant provided tasty food at semi-economically prices but the service at night was marginal. The night we had dinner there were 8 total guests. There were 4 cooks in the kitchen, three bartenders and approximately 8 staff. A very large server to customer ratio without even close to the expected service results.
Breakfast was included in the motel stay. You could either eat at the Coco Kreole or eat at the T’Bananne. The servers were much more astute to the customer’s needs and wants at the breakfast. The food was fresh fruit, cereal, toast, juice and coffee.
The Coco’s are very careful in not stating that they are on the beach because they are not. The beach access is approximately 200 yards away and the alleyway is not pleasing to the eye or is not felt to be safe for a traveler at night. If I am able to include the pictures you can judge for yourself. The beach was disappointing when you get to the beach as far as the average traveler’s expectations. When you enter the beach to your left is what I call a local’s beach where there was a tent set up and to the right was a narrow band of sand that fronts the Rex properties.
In St. Lucia almost all of the nice beaches are fronted by nice resorts. The beaches are for the public but when you go around or through the resort you are clearly informed that you are not to use any of their facilities unless you purchase a day pass. Information translated meaning no bathrooms, no shade, no chairs or concessions.
Most American’s staying at the Coco Kreole were disappointed. The Europeans staying at the Kreole seemed content. I tried to upgrade to the Coco Palm at the front desk of the Palm and was given the phone to talk to an operator who quoted the rack prices without giving me any personal service. I then went to another local, nicer in my opinion, resort and they were more than willing to quote me personal practical prices without even any haggling.
The question would I visit St. Lucia again, the answer would be probably not. The employees are most accommodating and work hard for the most part. The value and expectations that an American has for a vacation would be better suited to one of the other Caribbean islands I have visited.
Don't forget the additonal 18% tax!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of April 2006

Great Holiday

Good

"We are just back from our trip to St Lucia after spending two weeks at the Coco Palm resort, the place was excellent, a very attractive hotel in a great location, being very near the beach and town. The staff were really friendly and helpful, there was always room around the pool area for sunbathing and the rooms were well furnished and the daily housekeeping maintained a high standard. The restuarant was also very well run serving great food and drink.
We also enjoyed the Rodney Bay area with its many places to eat and drink, we particularly enjoyed, Casterway, Buzz, Red Snapper and Razmataz (if you enoy a good indians). We also enjoyed the tours but would recommend you try the local bus service and the David's ferry from Rodney Bay to Pigeon Island.
Would also recommend a trip is to the 'Jump up' at Gros Islet on a Friday night, its quite an experience although be careful with that Rum Punch, its very powerful!!!!!
Overall an excellent holiday with lots of happy memories, many thanks to all at Coco Palm."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of April 2006

A Really Great Holiday

Good

"My Wife and I visited St. Lucia for my daughter's wedding. We were fortunate enough to stay at the Coco Palm. We have stayed at many hotels in the Carribean, mainly all inclusive, but this was one of the best holidays we have ever experienced. The rooms were fantastic, clean and spacious and relaxing. The site was always immaculate and the staff some the friendliest we have ever experienced. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they went to great lengths to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Ti Banane was an excellent restaraunt and the small bar at the Coco Kreole was a great place for a drink and chat with other guests, plus a laugh and a joke with the whoever was on duty. I would fully recomend it. There are many pleasant and inexpensive restaraunts nearby which gave us an added benefit on our holiday.

However there was one downside. During the second week and party from an American radio station was booked in. I say a party but there was probably 100 of them. One cannot expect other holiday makers to tone down their holiday and during the day there was no real ill effect. The evening however was a different kettle of fish. The music went on to the early hours and could have spoiled what was a fabulous holiday. However we didn't let it. We would be more than happy to return but we do not usually go anywhere twice"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of March 2006

Coco Kreole -

Good

"Just returned from a fantastic holiday in St Lucia, staying at the Coco Kreole hotel in Rodney Bay. It is about five minutes stroll from the lovely beach and is surrounded by over twenty places to eat, almost all of which are good quality. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and this hotel and its sister hotel, Coco Palm were always kept clean and tidy.
We had a room facing the front, which was fine except for the regular noise on a Friday and Saturday night, which was so loud, it prevented normal people sleeping, although my wife was fine! It went on until around 4am ! Our friends moved to a room at the back of the hotel and found that the noise was not a problem, so it may be wise to book a pool view room. Don't let this noise problem put you off. If you book a room at the pool side, you will be fine and we would certainly go back. The new sister hotel (Coco Palm) is also excellent and well worth looking at. They share various facilities and the Ti Bananne restaurant/bar is fantastic, probably the best meals we had during our stay. Entertainment was good each night and there is a lovely pool with bar.
Make sure you try the tours - we went on a Land and Sea trip, a Rainforest trek and a sunset cruise and we sampled parasailing and horseriding - great fun. Also visited Pigeon Island where we did some great snorkelling. Try the local buses to the capital - cheap and cheerful and friendly, we thought. The capital Castries was an experience - lots of market stalls selling local produce. However, we didn't stay too long as everyone wanted our money. You can get everything you need (duty free) in the Rodney Bay shopping Mall.
Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of March 2006

Outstanding

"This is a wonderful hotel - not on the beach but the beach was only a short walk away and as your walking all the local people say hi. We had a garden room which is situated at the back of the hotel and we found it very quiet the bed was huge we could have slept 2 + 2 kids in it easily. The room was cleaned daily by Delia and fresh towels every day top marks for that , the food was great and the best bit was being served by waiters so no queues ! We ate in the .Creole restaurant twice where they serve traditional food and we loved it the only downside is that it's served quickly. We had entertainment on some of the nights which made you stay and watch. The local shops are just a 5 min walk so you can get everything you need at the supermarket don't drag lots of creams with you as it's all available, the only thing you need to bring is mosquito spray. All the staff are wonderful and Joannes smile at night says it all about St Lucia. We will be back!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of February 2015

We were looking for a good quality hotel...

"We were looking for a good quality hotel that didn’t break the bank as we were going to a friends wedding. We were more than bowled over with the standard at then newly opened Coco Palm which had gorgeous mahogany furniture and highlighted the Creole history on the island. We were in walking distance to the Reduit beach and lots of shops, bars and restaurants.

We didn’t expect St Lucia to have such high standards at such a great rate - £80 per room. Next time I would take a swim-up room or even a suite. Staff very friendly and it is owner managed by local family which felt like we were special guests - more boutique like than big hotel. Definitely would go back. Hotel has great pool, good alfresco bar & restaurant and jazz club.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Hotels near Coco Palm Resort

Stayed at Coco Palm Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Coco Palm Resort

• Ruralgardener by Ruralgardener

"Request a garden room, which is away from the noise, and bring ear plugs. "

Coco Palm Resort is also called