Caribbean Jewel Hotel

rodney bay , Rodney Bay , St. Lucia , Caribbean

Oh the view!!!

"My husband and I stayed at the Caribbean Jewel Resort in the spring and were so glad we choose C.J. The view (day and night)overlooking Rodney Bay from the room, pool and restuarant was outstanding! Mr Moore, Manager and the staff were very friendly and most helpful. We stayed in a villa (AC in bedroom)which was very nice and had a good size balcony. The pool area is beautiful and very clean. We enjoyed our leisurely breakfasts at the restuarant and had several dinners there which were very good. There are quite a few excellent restuarants nearby(TheBuzz was great).We did rent a jeep for the week and had a great time exploring this beautiful island. We highly recommend "The Jewel" and hope to return soon!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of August 2004

Terrific place to stay

"The Caribbean Jewel Beach Resort (CJB Resort) is a tremendous place to stay when in St. Lucia. Nestled into the hillside, overlooking Rodney Bay, this facility offers visitors fantastic views and a great experience. The staff is as friendly and accommodating as any staff that I have run across in all of my travels. As soon as you arrive, you feel very welcome and know you have made the right choice of lodging on this wonderful island. The resort is located within walking distance of restaurants, nightlife, and markets. The CJB Resort has easy beach access and nearby opportunities for snorkeling. The pool and hot tub are immaculate. The pool is situated so that you can be in the pool and look out over Rodney Bay -- believe me, this is a real treat. The rooms are very nice and all have great views. Air conditioning can be found in all of the rooms; however, I preferred to have the windows open with the refreshing breeze streaming through the screened windows. The restaurant, which serves breakfast , lunch, and dinner, is located at the highest point on the developed property -- it is a special feeling to dine and look out over the bay!! I recommend the table at the far end -- especially at night when the lights of various facilities frame the outline of the bay. I have to admit that I have not stayed at many hotels in St. Lucia; nevertheless, I don't need to find anywhere else. I expect to return to St. Lucia in the future and will come back here -- without any hesitation! -- JRP"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of August 2004

This Jewel Truly 'A Cut Above'

"This review is woefully late, as our stay at the Caribbean Jewel was almost one year ago. But we continue to remember our stay there in such a strongly positive way, with so many fond memories, particularly of the wonderful staff and service in every aspect of our visit, from the front desk staff to Eustace in the dining room, to Yvonne, our housekeeper, fully committed to our pleasure. Yes, this jewel, as of year ago, still had a few rough edges, but reading more recent reviews suggests they're continuing to polish towards perfection! Regarding the honeymooners who loved the walk to/from the beach, our honeymoon was about 35 years ago, so we did find the jaunt a bit too "breathtaking" on the return, but I recall one of the maintenance men telling us there's a plan to run a little golf-cart-type shuttle up and down the path, and perhaps that will be in place soon. As I write this, I am remembering how delicious it was to take a swim in the beautiful "waterfall" pool after that hike up the hill from the beach, and also how relaxing it was to gaze across Reduit Bay and the town right from the edge of the pool. When we were there, there was an extraordinary heat/humidity wave - even for the tropics - and the AC in our jacuzzi room never failed us, thank goodness (although it wasn't strong enough to cool the huge jacuzzi bathroom). The extreme heat made us less energetic for walking back to the Jewel after dinner in town, so we did take a taxi up the hill a couple of times and it was just a few dollars, well worth it. We echo what others have written about the amazing view of the bay and town, especially at night, and the pleasure of the soft strains of music floating across our balcony. We agree: The Caribbean Jewel is probably the finest choice at the North end of the Island, and possibly all of St. Lucia!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2004

Truly a jewel

"The longer we look for perfection, the more it evades us. But if one is planning a holiday in St. Lucia, the perfect place to stay is The Caribbean Jewel Beach Resort. True to its name, it is like a jewel in nature, like a diamond set amongst a cluster of rubies or emaralds, the hotel sits prettily on mount Pimarand on a lush growth of colourful flora. This superior blend adds to the atmosphere of the hotel giving it its ambience and aura. The members of staff serve as a compliment to the package. With a natural warmth, friendliness and affection, they accede to meet the various needs of all those intrusted in their care.
A stay at Caribbean Jewels leaves a tasteful desire, a craving to get more of the delightful feel that only Caribbean Jwewls, a true gem, can give.

My entire entourage enjoyee every moment of their stay.

Errol Garrett ~ Manager (CarnaudMetalbox Barbados Sports & Cultural Club)"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of April 2004

Great Place, Better View

Good

"We were at St Lucia February 23rd for a week at the Caribbean Jewel. First if all, the staff is very

friendly and helpful. They went out of the way to decorate our room and
give us champagne as it was the first night of our honeymoon. The room
was spacious and clean and the view of Rodney Bay was astounding. We
enjoyed walking down to the beach and Marina area. There are so many
things to see and do, a week was not long enough. The staff gave us
many helpful tips to get the most for our time and money. at night we
would sit on the balcony and listen to the sounds and music rising up
the hill from the bars and beach. We would go back tomorrow if we
could!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of March 2004

Fabulous

"I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Caribbean Jewel Beach Resort. I have to commend the manager Mr. Moore for his excellent staff, their were very professional and courteous. The hotel itself is very beautiful, the view is breathtaking and lush surrounding is just captivating. I will not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone going to St. Lucia."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2004

Almost perfect

Good

"Stayed at the Caribbean Jewel in December. Its a quiet place tucked just away from the resort strip, with a view worth the rack rate. Its so new we had to direct some of the locals how to find it, and it still does seem to be in the development stage.We were told that originally the developer was going to build houses that first plan resulted in the building that is now the restaurant. Then they decided to build timeshares and that resulted in the building that has the suites. Then they decided to make it a resort and built the newer Jacuzzi rooms. So there seems to have been some sort of lack of management or vision or something and it is still showing. There is a ton of potential at this resort with more development, it could be the nicest place on the northern end of St Lucia.What the place needs first off is access to the beach yes you can walk it, but its a steep trek youll be winded, especially on the return climb. I wouldnt want to try it at night. Only about a third of the vertical drop is covered by stairs, the rest is a gravel / jungle path which takes you past a contruction storage shed and another building slowly under contruction, then down to the very southern tip of Reduit beach. There is actually no beach where you come out its rocky - you need to walk the path further north to get to the beach. If they finish off the stairs and add some lighting it will be much more accessible.You can also walk to the restaurants and grocery store around Rodney bay, but its far enough to be a chore especially after a big dinner or with a bag of groceries in your hand. So if you dont rent a car, prepare to shell out for the taxis at least they are everywhere. But realize that this place is not as convenient to everything as the brochure might make you think.The view is fantastic especially when its clear enough to see Martinique. The grounds are also beautiful. All togehter its an enchanting place. But if you need a sunset view you wont find it here the resort faces north and the sun sets behind the huge hill it sits on. If youre hanging out by the pool, youre in the shadows by mid-afternoon.We booked a Jacuzzi room and were offered an upgrade to a suite. When we arrived, the suite was not available yet so we stayed in a Jacuzzi room the first night. The suites are good but the Jacuzzi rooms are much nicer all have ocean views and a beautiful balcony, king beds, AC, and the upstairs rooms have cathedral ceilings. What these rooms are missing is a mini fridge. There is a wet bar with the space for the fridge set up under the counter, so someone had the idea, but it hasnt happened yet.The suites had AC only in the bedroom. Definitely limited as far as utensils and equipment in the kitchen, but when we asked for a coffee maker, Tom, the manager, actually went out and bought us one! All of the staff were great.So once they build that beach access and add some mini-fridges to the Jacuzzi rooms I think they will have the most luxurious accommodations on the north end of St Lucia definitely a cut above the glorified hotel rooms the Rex/Royal or Sandals."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of December 2003

More than Wonderful, Can't Wait until My Return

"I visited St. Lucia for Jazz Festival 2003 and had a most memorable stay at the Caribbean Jewel Resort.

The hotel was a beautiful property and had a great location. What I loved most about the property was the beautiful view and the friendly staff. I also felt that I got the best value for my money.

The hotel was new - which is always a plus. The rooms were very large and tastefully decorated. Our room was on the top level, so we had vaulted ceilings. Other nice touches included, ceiling fans in the room and balcony, jacuzzi tub with separate shower, wet bar, and sitting area.

The view was just beautiful from everywhere on the property - especially from the privacy of your room. You must take a swim at night and enjoy the view of the island lights.

You cannot go wrong by staying at this jewel of a resort. We were close to several restaurants and just a few minutes' walk down the hillside to Reduit Beach. The resort was impressive from the minute we arrived on the property and it had a private feel to it (i.e. guarded gate). It was a stay in a luxurious hotel without spending the luxury rates.

I look forward to returning to St. Lucia and staying at the Caribbean Jewel Beach Resort. You will love it, too!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2003

Barbadian Group Vacation

"We were a group of 23 persons from the New Testament Church of God in Kirtons, St. Philip, Barbados West Indies. We were on vacation for 7 days and we enjoyed it very much the rooms were comfortable the food was great, and the Managers were very friendly polite and approchable especially Andrew. One slight problem you need a telephone directory along with a directory of how to reach rooms and places of interest along with transportation including ferries. The maids and the Restaurant staff were also very friendly and nice. Keep the good work up. I will personally recommend this hotel to anyone from Barbados who wants to visit St. Lucia for a vacation. Thank you. Beverly"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2003

Jewel in the Caribbean

"I have just returned from my "first" glorious trip to the beautiful Island of St. Lucia. I met with almost every member of my immediate family for my younger sisters wedding. When we first heard we would be going to St. Lucia for the wedding I was excited about staying at either the Hyatt or Sandals. We were however to have the ceremony in the Castries area so my family chose the less known but no less fabulous Caribbean Jewel. Nestled on a hillside with incredible views of Rodney Bay our eyes were literally popping out of our head when we arrived. Presently, three intimate buildings surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and a superb pool offer the best in luxury accommodations at a more than reasonable price. For such a new property, the Caribbean Jewel is remarkably built on a solid foundation with excellent management and a very accommodating staff. It will be exciting to see its growth and prosperity. I am only sorry I couldn't keep it for myself...but I am certain that with all the plans to develop the property and increase in volume the Jewel will only increase in it's charm, comfortable amenities and personal attention provided by every staff members from the grounds keeping and housekeepers to the restaurant and management. I have been in the Hotel business for 15 years, I work for one of the best resorts in the US and I live in the paradise Island of Key Biscayne, Fla. But with all that I have never experienced such a pleasant adventure, even with all the hectic arrangements that were being made for my sisters wedding. The staff could not be more helpful and accommodating and with the Jewels location, everything is literally at the foot of the hill. I for one can't wait to go back! I highly reccomend you check it out!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2003

Hotels near Caribbean Jewel Hotel

Stayed at Caribbean Jewel Hotel? Share your insight.

Caribbean Jewel Hotel is also called